- Dems push parade of Obama nominees through Senate Updated: Dec-11-13 3:33 am
- GOP, Obama line up behind modest budget deal Updated: Dec-11-13 3:25 am
- Democrats win Senate seat; GOP leads in House race Updated: Dec-10-13 10:05 pm
- Bipartisan negotiators reach modest budget pact Updated: Dec-10-13 8:15 pm
- GOP picks central Fla. senator to lead Senate Updated: Dec-10-13 4:15 pm
- IRS nominee on track for approval despite acrimony Updated: Dec-10-13 4:15 pm
- Ill. GOP leader, envoy Rich Williamson dies at 64 Updated: Dec-10-13 1:44 am
- Stockman challenges Cornyn in Texas US Senate race Updated: Dec-09-13 11:51 pm
- GOP statewide judge files as Democrat for 2014 Updated: Dec-09-13 6:51 pm
- 2 NC Republicans announce Congress candidacies Updated: Dec-09-13 5:56 pm
- Minn. GOP's Kline gets challenger from own party Updated: Dec-09-13 2:26 pm
- NY Senate GOP opposes public funds for campaigns Updated: Dec-09-13 2:17 pm
- Senate Republicans change up fundraising effort Updated: Dec-09-13 12:57 pm
- Reid: No party-backed Democrat vs. Amodei in 2014 Updated: Dec-08-13 9:18 pm
- 9 GOP lawyers in running to replace Swallow Updated: Dec-08-13 6:26 pm
- GOP, Dems now face pension vote fallout in 2014 Updated: Dec-08-13 12:39 pm
- Kan. senator, GOP foe squabble on ethics issues Updated: Dec-08-13 11:38 am
- 2014 races shape up with filing deadline Updated: Dec-08-13 10:35 am
- Analysis: Dog of year in Congress whimpers to end Updated: Dec-07-13 2:30 pm
- Republican Fisher enters Mass. race for governor Updated: Dec-07-13 9:48 am
- Economic bright spots not a sure boost for Obama Updated: Dec-07-13 8:27 am
- Democratic candidate listed as Republican in 2008 Updated: Dec-06-13 7:58 pm
- Republican Tom Pauken drops out of governor's race Updated: Dec-05-13 4:22 pm
- Alabama House GOP sets 2014 agenda Updated: Dec-05-13 2:51 pm
- Boehner: GOP should be more sensitive to women Updated: Dec-05-13 1:54 pm
WASHINGTON - Democrats are ready to propel another one of President Barack Obama's court picks through the Senate, now that outnumbered Republicans have less power to block the president's nominees than they used to.
WASHINGTON - Top Republicans and President Barack Obama are lining up behind a modest but hard-won bipartisan budget agreement that seeks to replace a portion of tough spending cuts facing the Pentagon and domestic agencies.
FRANKFORT, Kentucky - Democrats held on to a seat in the Kentucky Senate on Tuesday while Republicans were leading in a House race in two legislative matchups that drew light voter participation.
WASHINGTON - Shedding gridlock, key members of Congress reached a modest budget agreement Tuesday to restore about $63 billion in automatic spending cuts from programs ranging from parks to the Pentagon and eliminate the threat of another partial government shutdown early next year.
TALLAHASSEE, Florida - A central Florida state senator is being chosen as the Republican designate for Senate President.
WASHINGTON - President Barack Obama's choice to head the Internal Revenue Service told senators Tuesday he will work to restore public trust in the agency in the wake of the tea party scandal even as the IRS takes on new responsibilities administering the president's health care law.
CHICAGO - A former U.S. Senate candidate and diplomat described as one of the Illinois Republican Party's most influential minds has died of complications from a cerebral hemorrhage.
AUSTIN, Texas - In a last-minute surprise late Monday, U.S. Rep. Steve Stockman filed paperwork to challenge fellow Texas Republican and powerful incumbent John Cornyn for the U.S. Senate next year.
AUSTIN, Texas - Democrats say they finally hold a statewide office again in Texas - thanks to a Republican who's switching sides.
RALEIGH, North Carolina - Two more Republicans say they're running for Congress. One is seeking to succeed retiring GOP Rep. Howard Coble and the other to challenge current Republican incumbent Renee Ellmers.
ST. PAUL, Minnesota - A fellow Republican launching an endorsement challenge to U.S. Rep. John Kline said Monday that the six-term incumbent congressman is not conservative enough.
ALBANY, New York - The bold recommendation of New York's anti-corruption commission to use public money to fund political campaigns so far hasn't improved the chances of getting the idea, prized by Democrats, through the Senate's Republican conference.
ATLANTA - The fundraising arm of the Georgia Senate Republican Caucus has not filed a mid-year campaign finance report nor has it submitted its annual registration with the state ethics commission, records show.
RENO, Nevada - Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid says Democrats won't have a party-backed candidate to run against Republican Rep. Mark Amodei in 2014, but he's not ready to surrender the governor's race to incumbent Republican Brian Sandoval.
SALT LAKE CITY - Nine lawyers are seeking to replace former Utah Attorney General John Swallow, who stepped down Tuesday.
SPRINGFIELD, Illinois - While Illinois Republicans have made solving the state's pension crisis their issue for years, far fewer GOP lawmakers than expected supported the watershed package of reforms passed by the Legislature Tuesday.
TOPEKA, Kansas - The campaigns of U.S. Sen. Pat Roberts and the Kansas Republican's primary challenger are sparring publicly over ethics issues, increasing the acrimony in their already contentious race.
AUSTIN, Texas - The time has come for Texas politicos to either put up or shut up for the 2014 elections.
WASHINGTON - Barring uncharacteristically swift work by Congress, more than a million victims of the recession will lose long-term unemployment benefits over the holidays, the price of milk could shoot up in late winter and government payments might fall sharply for doctors who treat Medicare patients.
SHREWSBURY, Massachusetts - A Shrewsbury business owner says he is seeking the Republican nomination for governor in Massachusetts.
WASHINGTON - To a struggling White House, the economy that was supposed to be a political millstone is losing some drag.
BOISE, Idaho - The Idaho Democrats' choice to run for governor was listed as a Republican five years ago.
AUSTIN, Texas - Republican Tom Pauken is ending his longshot bid for Texas governor after seeing "no realistic path to victory."
MONTGOMERY, Alabama - The House Republican Caucus released its agenda for 2014 on Thursday that focuses on simplifying state tax laws while maintaining the GOP's tradition of not raising taxes.
WASHINGTON - House Speaker John Boehner says some Republicans aren't as sensitive as they should be when they campaign against female candidates.