- Fla. House race could be warning for Democrats Updated: Mar-12-14 4:35 am
- Republican Party ups investment in Colorado Updated: Mar-11-14 10:01 pm
- In reversal, Maine GOP embraces part of health law Updated: Mar-11-14 9:43 pm
- Ex-legislators file to return to New Mexico House Updated: Mar-11-14 8:43 pm
- Eisnaugle wins GOP primary for Florida House seat Updated: Mar-11-14 8:26 pm
- Hawaii Republican lawmakers have little to show Updated: Mar-11-14 7:43 pm
- Illinois GOP hopefuls address school 'clout' issue Updated: Mar-11-14 7:01 pm
- Primary for shot at Durbin poses dilemma for GOP Updated: Mar-11-14 6:33 pm
- SC Republicans ask Haley to help keep MOX open Updated: Mar-11-14 3:07 pm
- Donald Trump headlining upstate NY GOP event Updated: Mar-11-14 3:04 am
- Bill says state pays for SC presidential primaries Updated: Mar-10-14 8:26 pm
- Montana primary election field takes shape Updated: Mar-10-14 8:24 pm
- Minnesota GOP lawmaker apologizes for NBA tweet Updated: Mar-10-14 4:16 pm
- Okla. City minister joins 5th District GOP race Updated: Mar-10-14 3:50 pm
- Senate Democrats aim ire at rich, obscure brothers Updated: Mar-10-14 2:17 pm
- GOP gov candidates cite proudest accomplishments Updated: Mar-09-14 12:07 pm
- Small slice of voters could decide DC mayoral race Updated: Mar-09-14 10:56 am
- GOP gay marriage division on display at conference Updated: Mar-08-14 8:08 pm
- GOP fundraiser Welch dies at 80 Updated: Mar-08-14 3:03 pm
- For Obama, a last stab at improving ties with Hill Updated: Mar-08-14 1:05 pm
- Competitive House races shaping up across New York Updated: Mar-08-14 11:11 am
- Tea party member Fisher seeks Mass. primary spot Updated: Mar-08-14 10:32 am
- Pa. GOP feud spills into public at sensitive time Updated: Mar-08-14 9:21 am
- GOP Senate candidates will meet in Macon debate Updated: Mar-08-14 4:05 am
- GOP candidate Kashkari reports income for 2013 Updated: Mar-07-14 9:00 pm
CLEARWATER BEACH, Florida - After months of railing against President Barack Obama's health care overhaul, Republicans scored a key victory in a hard-fought congressional race that had been closely watched as a bellwether of midterm elections in November.
DENVER - The Republican National Committee is pouring resources into Colorado, adding more than a dozen staffers as a new Senate candidate and sagging poll numbers for Democrats raise GOP hopes of ending the party's decade-long drought on top-of-the-ticket wins in the state.
AUGUSTA, Maine - Maine Republicans who are fiercely fighting an effort to expand government-subsidized health care coverage to roughly 70,000 residents have come up with an alternative: government-subsidized health care.
SANTA FE, New Mexico - Six former legislators filed Tuesday as candidates for the New Mexico House, setting up rematches from the 2012 primary and general elections.
ORLANDO, Florida - Eric Eisnaugle has won the Republican special primary to replace a Florida House Republican who left office to lead an expressway authority.
HONOLULU - Of nearly 400 bills the Hawaii House sent the Senate this year, only five were introduced by Republicans. And the party's minority caucus package of bills was shut out entirely.
CHAMPAIGN, Illinois - The three lawmakers seeking the Republican nomination for governor still are facing questions about their roles in a five-year-old admissions scandal at the University of Illinois.
CHICAGO - One of the biggest dilemmas Illinois Republicans face in next week's primary is choosing a candidate for a daunting effort to unseat Dick Durbin, the U.S. Senate's second most powerful Democrat.
COLUMBIA, South Carolina - Several Republicans have asked South Carolina's governor to explore possible legal action to avoid the closure of a multi-billion dollar project to turn weapons-grade plutonium into commercial nuclear reactor fuel.
SYRACUSE, New York - New York City real estate mogul Donald Trump is set to head upstate for a Republican Party event.
COLUMBIA, South Carolina - Taxpayers would continue to at least partly fund South Carolina's first-in-the-South presidential primaries in the future under a bill backed by both major parties.
HELENA, Montana - Dozens of people filed as candidates for office ahead of Monday's deadline by the Montana Secretary of State, setting up competitive races for seats in the U.S. Senate and House, along with a slate of legislative and judicial openings in June's primary elections.
ST. PAUL, Minnesota - A Minnesota lawmaker apologized Monday for his tweet about NBA players that some saw as racist, saying he was rightly held accountable for inaccurate stereotyping.
OKLAHOMA CITY - A minister from Oklahoma City who has been working as a congressional staffer in Washington, D.C., is joining the crowded field of Republicans seeking to replace U.S. Rep. James Lankford.
WASHINGTON - Democratic Senate candidates, facing withering criticism on the national health care law, are gambling they can turn voters against two billionaire brothers funding the attacks - even if few Americans would recognize the pair on the street.
SPRINGFIELD, Illinois - For state Sen. Kirk Dillard, it's an ethics reform law. For businessman Bruce Rauner, it's how his private-equity funds made money for state pension systems. State treasurer Dan Rutherford cites a fairer reimbursement of nursing homes. Sen. Bill Brady? His role in the state's landmark state pension overhaul.
WASHINGTON - In 2010, Vincent Gray received 72,648 votes in the District of Columbia's Democratic mayoral primary. That was good enough for a nearly 10-percentage point victory over incumbent Adrian Fenty, but it meant that just 22 percent of the city's registered Democrats cast ballots for Gray.
SEASIDE, Oregon - Young Republican activists implored their party to support gay marriage Saturday, saying the GOP is destined to continue losing elections in Oregon if it doesn't get behind an issue that's gaining traction around the country.
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - Ted Welch, a prolific fundraiser in Tennessee Republican politics for four decades, has died. He was 80.
WASHINGTON - In late December, President Barack Obama's new legislative affairs team sent him more than a dozen recommendations for ways to improve his strained relations with Capitol Hill. The president responded with a few ideas of his own, including a request for more social events with lawmakers at the White House.
ALBANY, New York - An empty seat and swing districts loom large as Republicans and Democrats look to pick up House seats in New York this year.
BOSTON - Mark Fisher makes no apologies for being a tea party member or for his belief in a minimalist government even while running for office in a state where many Republicans prefer to stay closer to the political center.
HARRISBURG, Pennsylvania - The simmering feud between establishment Republicans in Pennsylvania and the party's wing of anti-establishment conservatives is exploding into the public in a way it rarely, if ever, has. And it is doing so at a time when Republicans are at risk of losing the control of Harrisburg they have enjoyed for three years.
MACON, Georgia - The crowded field of Republican U.S. Senate candidates is gathering on the same stage again.
SACRAMENTO, California - Republican candidate for governor Neel Kashkari filed his first financial disclosure form with the state Friday, reporting income of more than $100,000 last year from his former employer but few reportable financial holdings.