- AEA battles tax credits in court, at ballot box Updated: Apr-17-14 6:02 pm
- US Chamber endorses Kingston in Ga. Senate race Updated: Apr-17-14 5:36 pm
- Connecticut GOP offers state budget alternative Updated: Apr-17-14 5:26 pm
- President defending health law good for some Dems Updated: Apr-17-14 4:57 pm
- Iowa Senate race suddenly more competitive Updated: Apr-17-14 4:30 pm
- Obama disputes GOP version of immigration call Updated: Apr-17-14 4:11 pm
- NC Sen. Hagan runs 1st ad, goes after Tillis Updated: Apr-17-14 4:07 pm
- GOP leader's ethics hearing set for Wednesday Updated: Apr-17-14 3:25 pm
- Candidates try to stand out in crowded GOP field Updated: Apr-17-14 2:44 pm
- Hassan gets good rating, GOP names little-known Updated: Apr-17-14 6:59 am
- Shaban, Himes challenger hopeful, quits GOP race Updated: Apr-17-14 6:10 am
- Oklahoma's US Senate candidates speak on panel Updated: Apr-16-14 7:57 pm
- Governor calls special session on rainy-day fund Updated: Apr-16-14 6:45 pm
- Challengers show ability to compete for dollars Updated: Apr-16-14 6:30 pm
- Energy state Dems in Senate races split from Obama Updated: Apr-16-14 2:00 pm
- Challenge to Corbett's GOP foe goes to high court Updated: Apr-16-14 12:04 pm
- Monica Wehby airs first ads of GOP Senate primary Updated: Apr-16-14 9:05 am
- More NC Senate candidates release money totals Updated: Apr-16-14 5:58 am
- GOP Sen. Portman hosts heroin discussion in Ohio Updated: Apr-16-14 3:05 am
- Quinn, GOP's Rauner announce campaign donations Updated: Apr-15-14 11:13 pm
- Ross bests Hutchinson in governor race fundraising Updated: Apr-15-14 6:57 pm
- Millions pumping through Minn. campaign stream Updated: Apr-15-14 6:49 pm
- GOP Senate hopeful McFadden has $1.8M reserve Updated: Apr-15-14 6:12 pm
- Colorado budget finalized, sent to governor Updated: Apr-15-14 5:23 pm
- Another GOP lawmaker backs drilling industry tax Updated: Apr-15-14 4:26 pm
MONTGOMERY, Alabama - The state teachers' organization is fighting private school tax credits in court and the architect of the tax credits at the ballot box.
ATLANTA - The U.S. Chamber of Commerce has endorsed Rep. Jack Kingston in Georgia's crowded Republican Senate primary.
HARTFORD, Connecticut - Minority Republicans in the Connecticut General Assembly on Thursday offered an alternative $18.9 billion state budget that scraps the governor's proposed $55 tax rebate, ends the state's earned income tax credit program for the working poor and doesn't include what the GOP calls Democratic "gimmicks."
WASHINGTON - President Barack Obama's full-throated defense of his health care overhaul seems perfectly timed for Democrats who want their party to embrace the law more enthusiastically.
DES MOINES, Iowa - A catchy political ad and a gotcha video have raised Republican hopes of capturing a U.S. Senate seat in Iowa, enhancing the party's chances of regaining control of the chamber.
RALEIGH, North Carolina - In a foretaste of a potential general election matchup, Democratic U.S. Senate Kay Hagan and Republican rival Thom Tillis released dueling ads Thursday about the health care law and a messy personnel matter in the office of Tillis, the state House speaker.
INDIANAPOLIS - The House Ethics Committee has scheduled a hearing to decide whether a powerful House Republican violated ethics rules by lobbying against a measure that would have cost him and others millions of dollars in potential profits.
HELENA, Montana - Most of the money funneling into the Republican primary for Montana's open U.S. House seat is going to one candidate, leaving the others to look for ways to stand out and get their message heard in a crowded field.
DURHAM, New Hampshire - A poll shows a majority of New Hampshire residents approve of the job that Gov. Maggie Hassan is doing.
BRIDGEPORT, Connecticut - State Rep. John Shaban has dropped his bid for the Republican nomination to challenge U.S. Rep. Jim Himes and will instead focus on winning re-election to the legislature.
OKLAHOMA CITY - Former state Sen. Randy Brogdon criticized two of his top Republican opponents on Wednesday in the race for Oklahoma's open U.S. Senate seat, and he vowed if elected in November not to support current U.S. Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell.
SACRAMENTO, California - Saying the state's budget surplus should be used to pay down debt, Gov. Jerry Brown on Wednesday called a special session of the Legislature to make changes to a rainy-day fund measure on the November ballot.
WASHINGTON - Some of the challengers in California's most competitive congressional races are showing strong fundraising for the first three months of the year, reinforcing how much an independent redistricting process has changed the political landscape and turned a handful of congressional seats into battlegrounds between the two parties.
CHARLESTON, West Virginia - Scrapping to keep a West Virginia Senate seat Democratic in a state that's sprinted to the right, Natalie Tennant is counting on her allegiance to the coal industry to separate herself from an unpopular President Barack Obama.
HARRISBURG, Pennsylvania - A Republican Party-backed effort to disqualify the lone primary challenger to Gov. Tom Corbett is headed to the state Supreme Court.
PORTLAND, Oregon - Monica Wehby (WEHB'-ee) is launching the first television ads in the Republican primary campaign for U.S. Senate.
RALEIGH, North Carolina - Two more Republicans running for U.S. Senate in North Carolina have announced how much they've raised heading into the final weeks before the May 6 primary.
COLUMBUS, Ohio - Anti-drug activists, community leaders, school officials and students are gathering in Columbus to take part in a roundtable discussion about heroin.
CHICAGO - Illinois Gov. Pat Quinn and Republican gubernatorial challenger Bruce Rauner (ROW'-nur) have filed their latest campaign reports with the state.
LITTLE ROCK, Arkansas - Democratic gubernatorial hopeful Mike Ross on Tuesday reported besting the Republican candidates for Arkansas governor in fundraising last month, rebounding after his chief GOP rival had raised more money for two straight months.
ST. PAUL, Minnesota - Millions of campaign dollars already are coursing through the Minnesota campaign system, which should leave no shortage of biting commercials on television and brochures in mailboxes attempting to sway voters.
ST. PAUL, Minnesota - Republican U.S. Senate hopeful Mike McFadden has nearly $2 million in reserve as the campaigns start to heat up.
DENVER - Colorado lawmakers on Tuesday approved a $23 billion budget, sending to the governor a spending plan for next year that pours more money into public education and funds an aerial firefighting fleet.
HARRISBURG, Pennsylvania - Another Republican state lawmaker in the Republican-controlled Legislature is lining up behind a proposal to impose a new tax on Pennsylvania's booming natural gas industry.