- House Republicans could support Ryan for speaker Updated: Oct-11-15 9:09 pm
WASHINGTON - If rebel conservatives and establishment Republicans in the House can agree on anything, it's likely supporting Paul Ryan for speaker.
- Lines being drawn for Indiana's next fight over LGBT rights Updated: Oct-11-15 2:20 pm
INDIANAPOLIS - Months after a divisive religious objections law thrust Indiana into an unwanted national spotlight, gay rights supporters and religious conservatives are preparing for another potentially bitter debate - this time over enshrining LGBT protections into state law.
- Super PAC spends $1M but payoff is uncertain Updated: Oct-11-15 11:02 am
TRENTON, New Jersey - An outside political group has wagered more than $1 million to help Democrats in three contested Assembly races, splashing New Jersey TV waves with doom-and-gloom images of Atlantic City, but it's unclear whether the bet will pay off.
- McCain continues to tout Graham in New Hampshire Updated: Oct-11-15 8:21 am
HUDSON, New Hampshire - John McCain and Lindsey Graham are wrapping up another trip to New Hampshire to boost Graham's presidential bid with a house party at the home of New Hampshire House Speaker Shawn Jasper.
- Former Tenn. House Republican Caucus Chair Boyer dead at 76 Updated: Oct-10-15 3:58 pm
KNOXVILLE, Tennessee - Former Tennessee House Republican Caucus Chairman James F. Boyer, of Corryton, has died.
- Judge's ruling upends Florida's political landscape Updated: Oct-10-15 3:36 am
TALLAHASSEE, Florida - The political careers of several members of Congress - including a Republican seeking to become the next U.S. House speaker - could come to an abrupt halt under a sweeping overhaul of Florida's electoral map.
- John Boehner's here to stay, for now, with nothing to lose Updated: Oct-10-15 3:12 am
WASHINGTON - Speaker John Boehner wants out. He really does.
- Petition drive assures House vote to revive Ex-Im Bank Updated: Oct-09-15 3:56 pm
WASHINGTON - Several dozen Republicans teamed up with Democrats Friday to assure a House vote on reviving the U.S. Export-Import Bank, giving the effort to save the bank new life more than three months after its charter lapsed.
- Ex-Sen. Bruno giving leftover $1.4M to NY Senate GOP Updated: Oct-09-15 3:32 pm
ALBANY, New York - The New York Senate's former longtime majority leader says he's giving $1.4 million left in campaign funds to the Senate Republican Campaign Committee and $100,000 to a scholarship fund.
- Wisconsin Assembly speaker, others endorse Rubio Updated: Oct-09-15 3:31 pm
MADISON, Wisconsin - Wisconsin state Assembly Speaker Robin Vos and 19 other Republican state lawmakers are endorsing Florida Sen. Marco Rubio for president.
- Johnson says Ryan is only Republican who can unify House Updated: Oct-09-15 3:09 pm
MADISON, Wisconsin - U.S. Rep. Paul Ryan is the only Republican who can unify the GOP in a fractured House, U.S. Sen. Ron Johnson said Friday.
- Christie and wife earned nearly $1 million in 2014 Updated: Oct-09-15 2:17 pm
NEWARK, New Jersey - Republican presidential hopeful Chris Christie and his wife reported nearly $1 million in income last year, according to tax returns released by the New Jersey governor's office Friday.
- Analysis: GOP is party desperately in search of a leader Updated: Oct-09-15 2:12 pm
WASHINGTON - The GOP is a party in chaos, desperately in search of a leader.
- Rep. Ellmers addresses House GOP on email rumors Updated: Oct-09-15 2:07 pm
WASHINGTON - A North Carolina congresswoman thanked fellow Republicans for their support Friday after many received incendiary emails alleging an affair between her and House Majority Leader Kevin McCarthy, according to two Republicans in the closed-door meeting.
- People can start voting early Saturday for Oct. 24 election Updated: Oct-09-15 8:35 am
BATON ROUGE, Louisiana - Early voting begins Saturday for Louisiana's Oct. 24 election, with candidates urging supporters to cast their ballots in advance since the statewide and local races are expected to compete for attention on Election Day with college football games and hunting plans.
- Donald Trump says Bowe Bergdahl should have been executed Updated: Oct-09-15 7:43 am
LAS VEGAS - Republican presidential front-runner Donald Trump said Thursday that Army Sgt. Bowe Bergdahl should have been executed for leaving his post in Afghanistan.
- GOP's Kasich plans presidential campaign tour in NH, Vermont Updated: Oct-09-15 6:51 am
COLUMBUS, Ohio - Ohio Gov. John Kasich (KAY'-sik) is planning several stops across New Hampshire and Vermont as he campaigns for the Republican presidential nomination.
- GOP lawmaker introduces high-capacity well bill Updated: Oct-08-15 9:32 pm
MADISON, Wisconsin - A Republican lawmaker introduced a bill Thursday that would overhaul Wisconsin's high-capacity well regulations.
- GOP head calls 2-term councilor 'career politician' Updated: Oct-08-15 4:19 pm
CONCORD, New Hampshire - New Hampshire's Republican Party chairwoman is calling Democratic gubernatorial hopeful Colin Van Ostern a "career politician with few real life accomplishments."
- The Republicans' Mr. Congeniality drops out of speaker race Updated: Oct-08-15 3:15 pm
WASHINGTON - Mainstream lawmakers saw Kevin McCarthy as an honest broker in ragged times. Those farther on the right worried that, as House speaker, he might obstruct their obstructionism.
- No meetings between Wolf, GOP day after tax proposal defeat Updated: Oct-08-15 2:29 pm
HARRISBURG, Pennsylvania - Republican leaders and Democratic Gov. Tom Wolf aren't rushing to restart meetings, one day after the governor's tax plan was soundly defeated in the Pennsylvania House of Representatives.
- The Latest: Boehner to stay until House votes to replace him Updated: Oct-08-15 2:10 pm
WASHINGTON - The latest on the chaos among House Republicans after Majority Leader Kevin McCarthy withdrew his candidacy for speaker (all times local):
- Planned Parenthood responds to Oregon Republicans Updated: Oct-08-15 2:04 pm
SALEM, Oregon - Planned Parenthood of the Columbia Willamette is reimbursed for expenses, but does not profit from the collection of tissue after abortions, according to its president and CEO.
- Paul Ryan reiterates he's not interested in being speaker Updated: Oct-08-15 1:20 pm
MADISON, Wisconsin - U.S. Rep. Paul Ryan does not want to be speaker of the House.
- Rubio's presidential bid boosted by secret-money commercials Updated: Oct-08-15 12:11 pm
WASHINGTON - Voters are beginning to learn about Republican presidential hopeful Marco Rubio.