- Leicester's Jamie Vardy wins English player of year award Updated: May-02-16 6:19 am
LONDON - Leicester forward Jamie Vardy has won England's Footballer of the Year award on the day his team could clinch an unlikely Premier League title.
- Southampton eases past distracted Man City 4-2 in EPL Updated: May-01-16 2:11 pm
SOUTHAMPTON, England - Sadio Mane scored a hat trick as Southampton eased past Manchester City 4-2 in the English Premier League on Sunday, when the visitors' minds seemed more on the Champions League.
- Leicester misses 1st chance to clinch Premier League title Updated: May-01-16 12:38 pm
MANCHESTER, England - Leicester missed its first opportunity to clinch the Premier League title, drawing 1-1 at Manchester United on Sunday to move within two points of the most unlikely championship in English soccer in a generation.
- Traveling Ranieri could miss Leicester clinching EPL title Updated: May-01-16 12:11 pm
MANCHESTER, England - If Leicester clinches the English Premier League title on Monday, its manager might be among the last people to know.
- Liverpool loses 3-1 at Swansea in Premier League Updated: May-01-16 9:08 am
SWANSEA, Wales - Liverpool's much-changed team was beaten 3-1 at Swansea in the English Premier League on Sunday, with Andre Ayew scoring two goals.
- Everton beats Bournemouth 2-1 as Martinez faces protests Updated: Apr-30-16 4:02 pm
LIVERPOOL, England - Defender Leighton Baines' first goal since 2014 gave Everton a 2-1 victory against Bournemouth in the English Premier League on Saturday but it was not enough to prevent growing opposition to manager Roberto Martinez.
- Newcastle beats Palace to keep alive hopes of EPL survival Updated: Apr-30-16 3:57 pm
NEWCASTLE, England - A stunning free kick from Andros Townsend gave Newcastle a 1-0 win over Crystal Palace on Saturday and boosted its hopes of survival in the English Premier League.
- Arsenal edges past Norwich in 1-0 win on day of fan protest Updated: Apr-30-16 3:38 pm
LONDON - Substitute Danny Welbeck's second-half goal helped Arsenal to a 1-0 victory Saturday over relegation-threatened Norwich in the Premier League on a day of protests and division among the home fans.
- Leicester soccer team was 5,000-1 longshot, now eyes title Updated: Apr-30-16 11:22 am
LONDON - Bettors looking for a wager with a fancifully high payoff last summer could have gone into their local betting shop in England and risked a bit of cash on the proposition that Elvis Presley would be found alive and well.
- Ranieri closes in on Hollywood ending with Leicester Updated: Apr-29-16 1:31 pm
LONDON - The Premier League trophy arrived in Leicester on Friday for a promotional tour. It will surely be back next month with Leicester City etched into the solid silver for the first time.
- Bargain-buys, cast-offs driving Leicester's pursuit of title Updated: Apr-28-16 11:13 am
LEICESTER, England - They are the bargain-buys and cast-offs from bigger clubs now on the verge of becoming Premier League champions.
- Column: Where Leicester fits in sports' history of underdogs Updated: Apr-28-16 10:47 am
PARIS - On the list of improbabilities, just behind hell freezing over and pigs taking to the air was Leicester winning the Premier League. That, at least, is how things seemed nine months ago, at the start of the most unlikely championship charge in English football history.
- FIFA president says Leicester proves fairytales are possible Updated: Apr-28-16 9:30 am
BANGKOK - FIFA President Gianni Infantino visited the headquarters of Leicester's ownership company on Thursday and said the club's Premier League title run shows that fairytales are still possible.
- Leicester 1 win from Premier League title after Spurs held Updated: Apr-25-16 6:25 pm
LONDON - Leicester is one victory from becoming one of the unlikeliest champions in English football history - a year after nearly being relegated from the Premier League.
- Leicester winger Mahrez voted England's player of the year Updated: Apr-24-16 6:17 pm
LONDON - Leicester winger Riyad Mahrez became the first African to be named English football's player of the year on Sunday, straight after the Algerian helped his team close in on the Premier League title.
- Sunderland out of relegation zone with 0-0 draw vs Arsenal Updated: Apr-24-16 1:12 pm
SUNDERLAND, England - Sunderland moved out of the relegation zone on Sunday as Arsenal stumbled again in a 0-0 draw in the English Premier League.
- Man City eases past Stoke 4-0 to keep pressure on Man United Updated: Apr-23-16 10:18 am
MANCHESTER, England - Manchester City easily defeated Stoke 4-0 in the English Premier League on Saturday to move five points clear of rival Manchester United in the fight for a Champions League spot.
- Title rivals Leicester, Spurs have 8 players in team of year Updated: Apr-21-16 3:25 pm
LONDON - Title rivals Leicester and Tottenham have four players each in the English Premier League team of the year voted by their fellow professionals.
- Newcastle holds Man City 1-1, Aguero reaches 100 EPL goals Updated: Apr-19-16 6:47 pm
NEWCASTLE, England - Newcastle continued its late fight to avoid relegation from the top tier, drawing 1-1 with Manchester City on Tuesday after Sergio Aguero became the second fastest player to score 100 English Premier League goals.
- Spurs cut Leicester's lead to 5 points by crushing Stoke 4-0 Updated: Apr-18-16 5:51 pm
STOKE, England - Harry Kane and Dele Alli both scored twice Monday as Tottenham crushed Stoke 4-0 with a devastating attacking display to close the gap on Premier League leader Leicester to five points.
- More turmoil for relegated Aston Villa as directors quit Updated: Apr-18-16 12:19 pm
BIRMINGHAM, England - Aston Villa's turmoil has mounted with the sudden resignation of two directors after the club's relegation from the Premier League was confirmed.
- Vardy fury, 2 penalties as Leicester's charge to title slows Updated: Apr-17-16 3:03 pm
LEICESTER, England - Leicester striker Jamie Vardy was bemused and then furious, jabbing his right finger toward the referee who had just brandished the red card.
- Arsenal 4th in Premier League after being held 1-1 by Palace Updated: Apr-17-16 1:29 pm
LONDON - Arsenal was prevented from reclaiming third place in the Premier League on Sunday when Yannick Bolasie's late goal gave Crystal Palace a 1-1 draw at the Emirates Stadium.
- Sturridge shines as Liverpool beats Bournemouth 2-1 in EPL Updated: Apr-17-16 11:56 am
BOURNEMOUTH, England - When he's not injured, Daniel Sturridge is making a strong case to feature for England at the European Championship, scoring one goal and setting up Roberto Firmino for the opener, in Liverpool's 2-1 victory at Bournemouth in the English Premier League on Sunday.
- Newcastle earns crucial win against Swansea Updated: Apr-16-16 12:44 pm
NEWCASTLE, England - Newcastle closed the gap on its relegation rivals by beating Swansea 3-0 in the English Premier League on Saturday.