- Transfer window: Club rifts, failed moves, record spend Updated: Sep-01-15 6:06 pm
LONDON - A record $1.3 billion was spent by English Premier League clubs in the summer transfer window.
- Man United moves for Martial as rivals stay quiet Updated: Sep-01-15 1:36 pm
MANCHESTER, England - Manchester United took a gamble in making French forward Anthony Martial the most expensive teenager in football history as Premier League spending in the summer transfer window reached record levels on Tuesday.
- Premier League player punished after drunk-driving crash Updated: Sep-01-15 8:11 am
MANCHESTER, England - A Premier League footballer must serve a 12-month community order and has been banned from driving for 20 months after driving into three cyclists when over the legal alcohol limit and failing to report the crash.
- Man United loses 2-1 to Swansea in Premier League Updated: Aug-30-15 2:32 pm
SWANSEA, Wales - Swansea handed Manchester United its first loss of the Premier League season, rallying with two goals in five minutes in the second half to win 2-1 on Sunday.
- Palace inflicts Mourinho's 2nd loss in 100 home league games Updated: Aug-29-15 2:56 pm
LONDON - More than just a blip in form, Jose Mourinho's Chelsea Premier League title defense is in trouble after only four games.
- West Brom beats 9-man Stoke 1-0 in Premier League Updated: Aug-29-15 1:18 pm
STOKE, England - Stoke lost to West Bromwich Albion 1-0 Saturday after having two players sent off in six first-half minutes on ex-Potters boss Tony Pulis' maiden return to the Britannia Stadium.
- West Ham stuns Liverpool 3-0 in Premier League Updated: Aug-29-15 12:53 pm
LIVERPOOL, England - Mark Noble scored and was later sent off as West Ham stunned Liverpool 3-0 Saturday for its first victory at Anfield since 1963 in a Premier League game that both teams finished with 10 men.
- Sunderland draws 2-2 at Aston Villa in Premier League Updated: Aug-29-15 12:26 pm
BIRMINGHAM, England - Scott Sinclair scored two more goals but Aston Villa was still held to a 2-2 draw by Sunderland on Saturday in a seesaw Premier League encounter.
- Zenit beats Rubin in Russian Premier League Updated: Aug-24-15 5:31 pm
MOSCOW - Zenit St. Petersburg scored two late goals to beat Rubin Kazan 3-1 on Monday and avoid dropping further off the pace in the Russian Premier League.
- Watford, Southampton draw 0-0 in Premier League Updated: Aug-23-15 1:23 pm
WATFORD, England - Watford and Southampton drew 0-0 Sunday as both teams continued to search for a first Premier League win of the season after a scrappy draw at Vicarage Road.
- UEFA-backed league starts play in Crimea Updated: Aug-23-15 5:47 am
MOSCOW - A new UEFA-backed professional football league has started play in Crimea after the peninsula was annexed by Russia last year.
- Norwich draws 1-1 with Stoke in Premier League Updated: Aug-22-15 12:14 pm
NORWICH, England - Xherdan Shaqiri had an assist on his debut to help Stoke earn a 1-1 draw at Norwich on Saturday in the Premier League.
- Crystal Palace beats Aston Villa 2-1 in Premier League Updated: Aug-22-15 12:03 pm
LONDON - New signing Bakary Sako scored in the 88th minute Saturday to give Crystal Palace a 2-1 win over Aston Villa in the Premier League.
- Premier League says Liverpool winner should not have stood Updated: Aug-21-15 10:18 am
LONDON - The Premier League has taken the unusual step of publicly saying Liverpool's winning goal against Bournemouth on Monday should have been disallowed.
- Chelsea signs forward Pedro from Barcelona in $33m deal Updated: Aug-20-15 1:08 pm
LONDON - While Chelsea awaits a first win on the field this season, the Premier League champions scored a satisfying victory in the transfer market on Thursday by beating Manchester United to the signing of Pedro Rodriguez from Barcelona.
- Liverpool beats Bournemouth 1-0 in Premier League Updated: Aug-17-15 5:36 pm
LIVERPOOL, England - Christian Benteke scored his first Premier League goal for Liverpool on Monday to give his new team a 1-0 win over promoted Bournemouth in a game that was marked by two disputed refereeing decisions.
- Rampant Man City crushes Chelsea 3-0 in Premier League Updated: Aug-16-15 3:03 pm
MANCHESTER, England - Sergio Aguero's exquisite solo strike and late goals by Vincent Kompany and Fernandinho earned Manchester City a 3-0 win over Chelsea on Sunday in the first heavyweight showdown in the Premier League, compounding the champions' early-season problems.
- Arsenal beats Palace 2-1 for 1st win in the Premier League Updated: Aug-16-15 10:35 am
LONDON - A stunning scissor kick by Olivier Giroud set Arsenal on its way to a 2-1 win at Crystal Palace and a first victory of the Premier League season on Sunday.
- Stoke scores 2 late goals, salvages 2-2 draw at Spurs Updated: Aug-15-15 1:21 pm
LONDON - Stoke scored twice in the final 12 minutes to salvage a 2-2 draw at Tottenham in the Premier League on Saturday, keeping both teams without a win after two rounds this season.
- Promoted Norwich beats Sunderland 3-1 in Premier League Updated: Aug-15-15 12:38 pm
SUNDERLAND, England - Sunderland lost its second straight Premier League game of the season on Saturday, beaten 3-1 by newly promoted Norwich at the Stadium of Light.
- Swansea beats 10-man Newcastle 2-0 in Premier League Updated: Aug-15-15 12:27 pm
SWANSEA, Wales - Bafetimbi Gomis and Andre Ayew both scored for the second straight game as Swansea comfortably saw off 10-man Newcastle 2-0 in the Premier League on Saturday.
- Watford held 0-0 by West Brom in Premier League Updated: Aug-15-15 12:26 pm
WATFORD, England - Premier League newcomer Watford earned its second straight draw to start the season after being held 0-0 by West Bromwich Albion on Saturday.
- Leicester beats West Ham 2-1 in Premier League Updated: Aug-15-15 12:15 pm
LONDON - Leicester kept up its strong start to the Premier League season by beating West Ham 2-1 on Saturday for its second straight win.
- Mourinho chided by medics for 'unjust' downgrading of doctor Updated: Aug-12-15 4:15 pm
LONDON - After only one weekend of the English Premier League season, Chelsea manager Jose Mourinho is in familiar territory: Embroiled in an irrational dispute and his conduct being denounced.
- Struggles and surprises as Premier League gets moving Updated: Aug-10-15 6:26 pm
LONDON - It is, of course, much too early to try to read something into the first round of matches in a Premier League season that has another 37 games and more than eight months to run.