- Small slice of voters could decide DC mayoral race Updated: Mar-09-14 10:56 am
- Morales tops convention gubernatorial balloting Updated: Mar-08-14 11:44 pm
- Morales tops convention gubernatorial balloting Updated: Mar-08-14 10:35 pm
- Maryland governor derides tea party, urges unity Updated: Mar-08-14 8:44 pm
- California's Brown hears fracking gripes Updated: Mar-08-14 6:46 pm
- Kansas Democrats upbeat about governor's race Updated: Mar-08-14 6:26 pm
- For Obama, a last stab at improving ties with Hill Updated: Mar-08-14 1:05 pm
- Competitive House races shaping up across New York Updated: Mar-08-14 11:11 am
- Panel takes no action on Democrats' Medicaid plan Updated: Mar-07-14 7:18 pm
- Former Democratic lawmaker to run for House Updated: Mar-07-14 5:18 pm
- Candidates qualifying for top Ga. primary races Updated: Mar-07-14 1:55 pm
- Democrat Davis releases public-sector clients Updated: Mar-07-14 1:48 pm
- Utah top House Democrat won't seek re-election Updated: Mar-06-14 6:05 pm
- House panel bars funds for immigrant advocate Updated: Mar-05-14 8:53 pm
- Republicans rule Taylor can stay on party ballot Updated: Mar-05-14 7:20 pm
- After primary victory, Texas' Davis faces big odds Updated: Mar-05-14 6:46 pm
- Okla. House Dems agree to support $40M museum fix Updated: Mar-05-14 6:31 pm
- House backs bill to delay health care penalty Updated: Mar-05-14 5:19 pm
- Democrat Burke releases first TV ad of campaign Updated: Mar-05-14 5:08 pm
- NJ Democratic lawyer teases, praises Christie Updated: Mar-05-14 3:50 pm
- Runoffs will decide several top statewide races Updated: Mar-05-14 3:13 am
- US Sen. Cornyn tops Stockman, wins GOP primary Updated: Mar-05-14 1:23 am
- Incumbents and conservatives win in Texas primary Updated: Mar-05-14 12:29 am
- Friedman, Hogan face runoff for ag commissioner Updated: Mar-04-14 10:41 pm
- Democrats nominate Brown for Railroad Commission Updated: Mar-04-14 9:30 pm
WASHINGTON - In 2010, Vincent Gray received 72,648 votes in the District of Columbia's Democratic mayoral primary. That was good enough for a nearly 10-percentage point victory over incumbent Adrian Fenty, but it meant that just 22 percent of the city's registered Democrats cast ballots for Gray.
LAGUNA PUEBLO, New Mexico - Sen. Howie Morales of Silver City made a strong showing Saturday at a Democratic Party nominating convention, earning the top spot on the June primary ballot in the race for governor.
LAGUNA PUEBLO, New Mexico - Sen. Howie Morales of Silver City has earned the top spot on the Democratic primary ballot in the race for governor.
LOS ANGELES - Maryland Gov. Martin O'Malley introduced himself to California Democrats Saturday with a scathing indictment of the tea party and a call for a stronger middle class to move the country forward.
LOS ANGELES - In a year when California Democrats are worried about motivating their voters, Gov. Jerry Brown heard another unwelcome message Saturday: Some Democratic activists are bristling over his administration's policies on hydraulic fracturing, or fracking.
TOPEKA, Kansas - Kansas Democrats said Saturday that a day-old school funding ruling from the state's highest court will help their chances of unseating Republican Gov. Sam Brownback this year as Democratic challenger Paul Davis makes education spending the cornerstone issue of his campaign.
WASHINGTON - In late December, President Barack Obama's new legislative affairs team sent him more than a dozen recommendations for ways to improve his strained relations with Capitol Hill. The president responded with a few ideas of his own, including a request for more social events with lawmakers at the White House.
ALBANY, New York - An empty seat and swing districts loom large as Republicans and Democrats look to pick up House seats in New York this year.
SALT LAKE CITY - A Senate committee at Utah's Republican-controlled Legislature has heard but taken no action on a Democrat plan to fully expand Medicaid in Utah.
HELENA, Montana - Former Montana House Speaker John Driscoll is making another bid for the Democratic nomination for the state's U.S. House seat.
ATLANTA - The final list of candidates who signed up for top races in Georgia primary elections May 20, according to Secretary of State Brian Kemp's office. The deadline to qualify was noon Friday.
AUSTIN, Texas - Democratic gubernatorial candidate Wendy Davis has revealed her law firm's public-sector clients, which include the Fort Worth school district and Dallas-Fort Worth International Airport.
SALT LAKE CITY - Utah House Minority Leader Jennifer Seelig has announced she won't seek re-election to the House at the end of the year.
WASHINGTON - The first immigration bill in the House this year would prohibit any money for the public advocate for immigrants in U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement.
JACKSON, Mississippi - Former Democratic Mississippi congressman Gene Taylor will stay on the Republican primary ballot opposing incumbent U.S. Rep. Steven Palazzo.
AUSTIN, Texas - After her easy victory in the Texas Democratic primary, Wendy Davis, one of the brightest stars of the 2014 campaign, is now embarking on her mission to win the governor's office and revive her party's fortunes in the heart of conservative America. Already, Texas politics has never seen anyone like her: a dynamo with a trailer park-to-Harvard Law story who makes nationwide donors swoon.
OKLAHOMA CITY - The 29 Democrats in the Oklahoma House of Representatives have agreed to support a Senate-backed measure to spend $40 million to complete an unfinished American Indian museum in Oklahoma City.
WASHINGTON - The House on Wednesday backed a one-year delay in the penalty that individuals would have to pay for failing to sign up for health insurance, the 50th time Republicans have forced a vote to repeal, gut or change the law championed by President Barack Obama.
MADISON, Wisconsin - Democrat Mary Burke's first television ad in the race against Republican Gov. Scott Walker will begin airing in multiple markets Friday, touting her background with bicycle maker Trek while also attacking Walker's record on jobs.
CAMDEN, New Jersey - One of New Jersey's most powerful Democrats is standing behind Gov. Chris Christie as the Republican's administration deals with scandal.
AUSTIN, Texas - A scramble to fill statewide offices in one of the biggest turnovers in Texas government history began with Tuesday's primary, but several of the key contests will require runoffs to decide a final winner.
AUSTIN, Texas - U.S. Sen. John Cornyn trounced a conservative Texas congressman Tuesday night to claim the Republican nomination, a victory that could ease his path to re-election after some tea party activists targeted him as too moderate.
AUSTIN, Texas - Republicans voted for tried-and-true incumbents and fire-breathing conservatives Tuesday during the Texas primary elections, while Democrats learned they still have a lot of building to do if they hope to compete in November.
AUSTIN, Texas - Jim Hogan and Kinky Friedman will face each other in a Democratic runoff for Texas agriculture commissioner.
AUSTIN, Texas - Texas Democrats have nominated party activist and organizer Steve Brown for an open seat on the state Railroad Commission.