- Wisconsin Senate passes bills Democrats delayed Updated: Mar-12-14 12:27 pm
- Fla. House race could be warning for Democrats Updated: Mar-12-14 4:35 am
- Obama, Clinton circles overlap in Dem fundraising Updated: Mar-11-14 10:27 pm
- Kansas weighs regulating health care 'navigators' Updated: Mar-11-14 9:10 pm
- Ex-legislators file to return to New Mexico House Updated: Mar-11-14 8:43 pm
- Pa. filings leave Corbett facing new challenge Updated: Mar-11-14 7:34 pm
- Democrats clock all-nighter with climate talk Updated: Mar-11-14 11:21 am
- Gary King staying in race for New Mexico governor Updated: Mar-10-14 8:50 pm
- Montana primary election field takes shape Updated: Mar-10-14 8:24 pm
- Super PAC aims to help Pa. Dems in Legislature Updated: Mar-10-14 7:17 pm
- NC Democrats' executive director hopeful ahead Updated: Mar-10-14 2:29 pm
- Senate Democrats aim ire at rich, obscure brothers Updated: Mar-10-14 2:17 pm
- Small slice of voters could decide DC mayoral race Updated: Mar-09-14 10:56 am
- Morales tops convention gubernatorial balloting Updated: Mar-08-14 10:35 pm
- Maryland governor derides tea party, urges unity Updated: Mar-08-14 8:44 pm
- California's Brown hears fracking gripes Updated: Mar-08-14 6:46 pm
- Kansas Democrats upbeat about governor's race Updated: Mar-08-14 6:26 pm
- For Obama, a last stab at improving ties with Hill Updated: Mar-08-14 1:05 pm
- Competitive House races shaping up across New York Updated: Mar-08-14 11:11 am
- Former Democratic lawmaker to run for House Updated: Mar-07-14 5:18 pm
- Candidates qualifying for top Ga. primary races Updated: Mar-07-14 1:55 pm
- Democrat Davis releases public-sector clients Updated: Mar-07-14 1:48 pm
- Utah top House Democrat won't seek re-election Updated: Mar-06-14 6:05 pm
- House panel bars funds for immigrant advocate Updated: Mar-05-14 8:53 pm
- Republicans rule Taylor can stay on party ballot Updated: Mar-05-14 7:20 pm
MADISON, Wisconsin - The Wisconsin Senate has narrowly passed six bills that all Democrats and one Republican voted against.
CLEARWATER BEACH, Florida - After months of railing against President Barack Obama's health care overhaul, Republicans scored a key victory in a hard-fought congressional race that had been closely watched as a bellwether of midterm elections in November.
NEW YORK - Melding 2014 needs with 2016 hopes, President Barack Obama teamed up Tuesday with an ally and fundraiser of former Secretary of State Hillary Rodham Clinton to help the Democratic Party erase a worrisome debt.
TOPEKA, Kansas - Republican legislators in Kansas moved Tuesday to regulate counselors who help consumers navigate an online insurance marketplace created by the federal health care overhaul that most of the state's GOP officials strongly oppose.
SANTA FE, New Mexico - Six former legislators filed Tuesday as candidates for the New Mexico House, setting up rematches from the 2012 primary and general elections.
HARRISBURG, Pennsylvania - As state officials closed the door Tuesday on candidate petitions for Pennsylvania's May 20 primary ballot, Republican Gov. Tom Corbett faced not only a critical crowd of would-be Democrat challengers, but now a GOP foe at the opposite end of the political spectrum.
WASHINGTON - Democratic senators clocked an all-nighter, working in shifts into Tuesday morning to warn of devastation from climate change and the danger of inaction.
SANTA FE, New Mexico - Attorney General Gary King is committed to staying in the race for governor despite his last-place finish at a Democratic pre-primary nominating convention, his campaign manager said Monday.
HELENA, Montana - Dozens of people filed as candidates for office ahead of Monday's deadline by the Montana Secretary of State, setting up competitive races for seats in the U.S. Senate and House, along with a slate of legislative and judicial openings in June's primary elections.
HARRISBURG, Pennsylvania - A Washington-based super PAC that spent millions on behalf of Democratic candidates for the New Jersey Legislature last year plans to provide similar assistance in 2014 to Democrats running for Pennsylvania's Republican-controlled Legislature.
RALEIGH, North Carolina - The permanent leader of day-to-day operations at the North Carolina Democratic Party said Monday she's focused on winning elections and having the party speak for working people despite recent electoral and financial setbacks.
WASHINGTON - Democratic Senate candidates, facing withering criticism on the national health care law, are gambling they can turn voters against two billionaire brothers funding the attacks - even if few Americans would recognize the pair on the street.
WASHINGTON - In 2010, Vincent Gray received 72,648 votes in the District of Columbia's Democratic mayoral primary. That was good enough for a nearly 10-percentage point victory over incumbent Adrian Fenty, but it meant that just 22 percent of the city's registered Democrats cast ballots for Gray.
LAGUNA PUEBLO, New Mexico - Sen. Howie Morales of Silver City has earned the top spot on the Democratic primary ballot in the race for governor.
LOS ANGELES - Maryland Gov. Martin O'Malley introduced himself to California Democrats Saturday with a scathing indictment of the tea party and a call for a stronger middle class to move the country forward.
LOS ANGELES - In a year when California Democrats are worried about motivating their voters, Gov. Jerry Brown heard another unwelcome message Saturday: Some Democratic activists are bristling over his administration's policies on hydraulic fracturing, or fracking.
TOPEKA, Kansas - Kansas Democrats said Saturday that a day-old school funding ruling from the state's highest court will help their chances of unseating Republican Gov. Sam Brownback this year as Democratic challenger Paul Davis makes education spending the cornerstone issue of his campaign.
WASHINGTON - In late December, President Barack Obama's new legislative affairs team sent him more than a dozen recommendations for ways to improve his strained relations with Capitol Hill. The president responded with a few ideas of his own, including a request for more social events with lawmakers at the White House.
ALBANY, New York - An empty seat and swing districts loom large as Republicans and Democrats look to pick up House seats in New York this year.
HELENA, Montana - Former Montana House Speaker John Driscoll is making another bid for the Democratic nomination for the state's U.S. House seat.
ATLANTA - The final list of candidates who signed up for top races in Georgia primary elections May 20, according to Secretary of State Brian Kemp's office. The deadline to qualify was noon Friday.
AUSTIN, Texas - Democratic gubernatorial candidate Wendy Davis has revealed her law firm's public-sector clients, which include the Fort Worth school district and Dallas-Fort Worth International Airport.
SALT LAKE CITY - Utah House Minority Leader Jennifer Seelig has announced she won't seek re-election to the House at the end of the year.
WASHINGTON - The first immigration bill in the House this year would prohibit any money for the public advocate for immigrants in U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement.
JACKSON, Mississippi - Former Democratic Mississippi congressman Gene Taylor will stay on the Republican primary ballot opposing incumbent U.S. Rep. Steven Palazzo.