- House Republicans signal support for budget deal Updated: Dec-11-13 10:57 am
- Dems push parade of Obama nominees through Senate Updated: Dec-11-13 3:33 am
- Mass. Democrat Clark to be sworn into US House Updated: Dec-11-13 2:35 am
- Democrat Clark wins Mass. congressional race Updated: Dec-10-13 11:10 pm
- Democrats win Senate seat; GOP leads in House race Updated: Dec-10-13 10:05 pm
- Bipartisan negotiators reach modest budget pact Updated: Dec-10-13 8:15 pm
- Wisconsin Democrats push minimum wage hike Updated: Dec-10-13 6:08 pm
- Democrat ends bid to be Ohio's lieutenant governor Updated: Dec-10-13 5:47 pm
- Stockman challenges Cornyn in Texas US Senate race Updated: Dec-09-13 11:51 pm
- Democrats question Mead about Medicaid expansion Updated: Dec-09-13 7:26 pm
- GOP statewide judge files as Democrat for 2014 Updated: Dec-09-13 6:51 pm
- Ala. House Democratic leader pushing state lottery Updated: Dec-09-13 6:23 pm
- Democrat announces for NM lieutenant governor Updated: Dec-09-13 5:07 am
- Reid: No party-backed Democrat vs. Amodei in 2014 Updated: Dec-08-13 9:18 pm
- GOP, Dems now face pension vote fallout in 2014 Updated: Dec-08-13 12:39 pm
- 2014 races shape up with filing deadline Updated: Dec-08-13 10:35 am
- For unions, Democrats' 2014 primary is a dilemma Updated: Dec-07-13 2:37 pm
- SC Democratic women's group holding fall forum Updated: Dec-07-13 4:04 am
- Democratic candidate listed as Republican in 2008 Updated: Dec-06-13 7:58 pm
- $1 billion Minn. budget surplus sets up scurry Updated: Dec-05-13 5:22 pm
- House Democrats urge Obama to suspend deportations Updated: Dec-05-13 4:55 pm
- Dems target Christie in 2 new ads Updated: Dec-05-13 4:02 pm
- Ohio Democrats select new Senate leadership team Updated: Dec-04-13 7:55 pm
- Tax returns: Democrat Davis made $284K in 2012 Updated: Dec-04-13 7:33 pm
- Democrat Hassebrook promises bipartisan focus Updated: Dec-04-13 5:33 pm
WASHINGTON - House Republicans signaled support Wednesday for a budget deal worked out a day earlier, a plan narrowly drawn but promoted as a way to stabilize Congress' erratic fiscal efforts, avert another government shutdown and mute some of the partisan rancor that has damaged Americans' attitudes about their lawmakers.
WASHINGTON - Democrats are ready to propel another one of President Barack Obama's court picks through the Senate, now that outnumbered Republicans have less power to block the president's nominees than they used to.
BOSTON - Democrat Katherine Clark may not have to wait long to be sworn in as the state's newest member of Congress.
BOSTON - Democrat Katherine Clark easily defeated three opponents Tuesday to win a vacant congressional seat and become the fifth woman to represent Massachusetts in the U.S. House.
FRANKFORT, Kentucky - Democrats held on to a seat in the Kentucky Senate on Tuesday while Republicans were leading in a House race in two legislative matchups that drew light voter participation.
WASHINGTON - Shedding gridlock, key members of Congress reached a modest budget agreement Tuesday to restore about $63 billion in automatic spending cuts from programs ranging from parks to the Pentagon and eliminate the threat of another partial government shutdown early next year.
MADISON, Wisconsin - Democrats in the Wisconsin Legislature, including possible gubernatorial candidate Sen. Kathleen Vinehout, called on Republicans Tuesday to hold a public hearing on a bill to increase the minimum wage.
COLUMBUS, Ohio - A Democratic lieutenant governor candidate in Ohio who faced hundreds of thousands of dollars in state and federal tax liens dropped out of the race Tuesday, saying his financial troubles were taking away from debate on important policy issues.
AUSTIN, Texas - In a last-minute surprise late Monday, U.S. Rep. Steve Stockman filed paperwork to challenge fellow Texas Republican and powerful incumbent John Cornyn for the U.S. Senate next year.
CHEYENNE, Wyoming - Democratic lawmakers questioned Gov. Matt Mead on Monday about his recommendation that Wyoming not expand Medicaid to offer health insurance to thousands of low-income adults.
AUSTIN, Texas - Democrats say they finally hold a statewide office again in Texas - thanks to a Republican who's switching sides.
MONTGOMERY, Alabama - The Democratic leader in the Alabama House is calling for the Legislature to use its election-year session to approve a state lottery.
ALBUQUERQUE, New Mexico - A Democratic activist and tribal administrator from Albuquerque is seeking the party's nomination for lieutenant governor.
RENO, Nevada - Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid says Democrats won't have a party-backed candidate to run against Republican Rep. Mark Amodei in 2014, but he's not ready to surrender the governor's race to incumbent Republican Brian Sandoval.
SPRINGFIELD, Illinois - While Illinois Republicans have made solving the state's pension crisis their issue for years, far fewer GOP lawmakers than expected supported the watershed package of reforms passed by the Legislature Tuesday.
AUSTIN, Texas - The time has come for Texas politicos to either put up or shut up for the 2014 elections.
HARRISBURG, Pennsylvania - In 2002, the clock hadn't even struck 12:01 a.m. before Pennsylvania's labor unions had given well beyond $1 million to Bob Casey, the rising star of the state Democratic Party who nevertheless went on to lose the gubernatorial primary to Ed Rendell six months later in a race that wasn't even close.
COLUMBIA, South Carolina - U.S. Rep. Jim Clyburn is among the speakers scheduled to address a gathering of Democratic women this weekend.
BOISE, Idaho - The Idaho Democrats' choice to run for governor was listed as a Republican five years ago.
ST. PAUL, Minnesota - A gaining economy drove a projection Thursday of a nearly $1.1 billion Minnesota budget surplus, touching off an instant scramble from people seeking more spending, tax cuts, or saving for a rainy day.
WASHINGTON - Twenty-nine House Democrats are urging President Barack Obama to suspend deportations of immigrants living here illegally and extend relief to many of the estimated 11 million.
TRENTON, New Jersey - A national Democratic group that stayed mostly silent during the New Jersey governor's race has begun targeting Gov. Chris Christie as he begins his new role as chairman of the Republican Governors Association.
COLUMBUS, Ohio - Democrats in the Ohio Senate have picked new leaders after two members stepped from their caucus roles to pursue statewide offices next year.
AUSTIN, Texas - Democratic gubernatorial candidate Wendy Davis enjoyed rising financial success as a Fort Worth attorney last year and took home about $284,000, more than double what she reported making in 2010, according to tax records released Wednesday by her campaign.
LINCOLN, Nebraska - With a clear path to the Democratic nomination for governor, Chuck Hassebrook is promising an agenda aimed at Nebraska voters from both parties.