- Va. State Police ID man shot by troopers after chase on I-81 Updated: May-27-15 6:26 am
ROANOKE, Virginia - Virginia State Police have identified a man who was shot and wounded by troopers following a high-speed chase on Interstate 81.
- Former Virginia House Minority Leader Franklin P. Hall dies Updated: May-26-15 3:57 pm
RICHMOND, Virginia - Former Virginia House of Delegates Minority Leader Franklin P. Hall has died.
- 2 killed in crash with state trooper pursuing vehicle Updated: May-26-15 2:21 pm
LURAY, Virginia - A man and wife were killed in a crash with a state trooper who was pursuing a speeding vehicle in Page County, authorities said.
- 20-week abortion ban in West Virginia becomes law Updated: May-26-15 1:54 pm
CHARLESTON, West Virginia - Abortions are now banned 20 weeks after conception in West Virginia.
- Woman charged after car hits trooper's vehicle during chase Updated: May-26-15 10:41 am
NORFOLK, Virginia - A Chesapeake woman faces multiple charges after a vehicle hit a state trooper's car during a chase on Interstate 264.
- Virginia agency to hold public meeting on I-81 exit project Updated: May-26-15 2:06 am
DALEVILLE, Virginia - The Virginia Department of Transportation is holding a public information meeting this week on an Interstate 81 exit project.
- Challenger to Va. House speaker says policy change unfair Updated: May-22-15 2:24 pm
RICHMOND, Virginia - The woman trying to unseat Virginia House Speaker William J. Howell in next month's GOP primary says the board of elections has given her opponent an unfair advantage.
- Norfolk man found dead near I-64, police investigating Updated: May-21-15 6:41 am
NORFOLK, Virginia - Virginia State Police are investigating the death of a man whose body was found near Interstate 64 in Norfolk.
- Former Va. lawmaker says 19-year-old woman's baby is his Updated: May-20-15 4:06 pm
RICHMOND, Virginia - A former Virginia lawmaker who was accused of having sex with a 17-year-old employee says he is the father of her baby.
- Virginia State Police: Plane wreckage found; at least 2 dead Updated: May-19-15 4:26 pm
SALTVILLE, Virginia - Police say at least two people died when a small airplane crashed into a mountain in southwest Virginia.
- Off-duty officer in Franklin County involved in shooting Updated: May-17-15 2:17 pm
ROANOKE, Virginia - Virginia State Police are investigating a shooting involving an off-duty police officer in Franklin County.
- Abortion-rights supporter, ex-lawmaker named to health board Updated: May-15-15 5:05 pm
RICHMOND, Virginia - Gov. Terry McAuliffe has appointed an outspoken abortion-rights supporter and a former Democratic state lawmaker to the Virginia Board of Health.
- Light rail supported by Virginia Beach city council Updated: May-13-15 4:41 am
VIRGINIA BEACH, Virginia - A light rail extension could be coming to Virginia Beach pending federal approval.
- Police: New info shows car crossed median in fatal Va. wreck Updated: May-12-15 11:14 am
WYTHEVILLE, Virginia - Virginia State Police say new information shows a fatal three-vehicle wreck on Interstate 77 wreck began when a car crossed the median.
- 4-state Southeast high-speed rail compact being discussed Updated: May-08-15 10:08 pm
RALEIGH, North Carolina - The nation's top transportation official says he's more optimistic that high-speed rail will eventually become a reality in the Southeast after Georgia and South Carolina expressed interest in a joint agreement between North Carolina and Virginia to study, coordinate and advocate for the project.
- Va. attorney general: Localities have say over fracking Updated: May-08-15 6:26 pm
RICHMOND, Virginia - Localities can prohibit or regulate a drilling process called hydraulic fracturing to extract natural gas, Virginia's attorney general wrote in an advisory opinion.
- Developments on 2 fronts in Sweet Briar College's closure Updated: May-06-15 5:26 pm
RICHMOND, Virginia - Sweet Briar College officials and opponents of its planned closure met Wednesday and promised to get together again later this month.
- Va. lawmaker rebuked for posting pic of snarling police dog Updated: May-06-15 10:35 am
RICHMOND, Virginia - A Virginia legislator apologized after drawing criticism for posting on Facebook a photo of a snarling police dog along with a reference to the recent civil unrest in Baltimore.
- Pulaski officer fatally shoots suspect at storage facility Updated: May-05-15 11:04 am
PULASKI, Virginia - Pulaski police say a suspect shot by a town police officer has died.
- Herring: Abortion clinics can be exempted from new standards Updated: May-04-15 5:13 pm
RICHMOND, Virginia - New, strict building standards should not be applied retroactively to existing abortion clinics, Virginia Attorney General Mark Herring said Monday in an opinion contradicting advice given by his Republican predecessor.
- Police: Va. man fatally shot after firing gun at officers Updated: Apr-30-15 3:58 pm
EMPORIA, Virginia - Virginia State Police have released the name of a man who was fatally shot by police after he fired a sawed-off shotgun at officers.
- Portsmouth chief says police preparing for possible protests Updated: Apr-30-15 2:22 pm
PORTSMOUTH, Virginia - Portsmouth police are preparing for the possibility of protests after two recent fatal shootings by officers, Police Chief Ed Hargis said Thursday.
- Former Va. AG Ken Cuccinelli stays active in state politics Updated: Apr-29-15 4:39 pm
RICHMOND, Virginia - Since leaving elected office at the beginning of last year, former Attorney General Ken Cuccinelli has helped start an oyster farm, sued the National Security Administration, led a U.S. Senate-focused conservative political action committee and founded a law firm specializes in representing guns owners.