- Florida businessman paid for state senator's visit to Syria Updated: May-04-16 11:30 am
RICHMOND, Virginia - A news report says that a Florida businessman paid for Virginia state Sen. Dick Black's trip to Syria last week.
- Virginia Supreme Court recognizes gay couples in divorce law Updated: May-04-16 4:08 am
RICHMOND, Virginia - The Supreme Court of Virginia has ruled that a person doesn't need to pay alimony to a former spouse if the payee is in a new relationship with a member of the same sex.
- Fairfax to run as Democrat for Virginia lieutenant governor Updated: May-03-16 1:37 pm
RICHMOND, Virginia - Former federal prosecutor and 2013 attorney general candidate Justin E. Fairfax is running for Virginia's lieutenant governor position.
- Virginia GOP lawmakers to sue over felons' voting rights Updated: May-02-16 5:01 pm
RICHMOND, Virginia - Republican lawmakers in Virginia will file a lawsuit challenging Democratic Gov. Terry McAuliffe's decision to allow more than 200,000 convicted felons to vote in November, GOP leaders said Monday.
- Police: Driver dies after wrong-way crash on Capital Beltway Updated: May-02-16 12:31 pm
ALEXANDRIA, Virginia - Virginia State Police say one person is dead after a wrong-way crash on the Capital Beltway.
- Jim Gilmore denied spot as GOP delegate to convention Updated: Apr-30-16 8:06 pm
HARRISONBURG, Virginia - Jim Gilmore can't catch a break.
- Trump campaign chairman in Virginia to run for governor Updated: Apr-30-16 7:59 pm
HARRISONBURG, Virginia - The chairman of GOP presidential front-runner Donald Trump's campaign in Virginia says he plans to run for governor in 2017.
- Motorcyclist dead after crash with car in Lee County Updated: Apr-30-16 4:11 pm
JONESVILLE, Virginia - Virginia State Police say a motorcyclist is dead after crashing with a car in Lee County.
- Cuccinelli says he won't run for governor in 2017 Updated: Apr-30-16 2:41 pm
HARRISONBURG, Virginia - Former Virginia Attorney General Ken Cuccinelli says he won't run for governor in 2017.
- Richmond's top prosecutor clears State Police in shooting Updated: Apr-30-16 2:08 pm
RICHMOND, Virginia - Richmond's top prosecutor has cleared the Virginia State Police of any wrongdoing in a shooting at the Greyhound station in Richmond in which a trooper and the man who shot him died.
- State high court to consider case related to redistricting Updated: Apr-29-16 4:54 am
RICHMOND, Virginia - The Virginia Supreme Court will consider whether current and former state senators need to provide records related to a redistricting lawsuit.
- American state senator meets with Syrian President Assad Updated: Apr-28-16 2:01 pm
BEIRUT - Syrian President Bashar Assad scored a minor, if bizarre, publicity victory Thursday, receiving a part-time state senator from America at a time when U.S. officials have repeatedly asserted Assad has lost his legitimacy to rule the war-torn country.
- Cruz' ex co-chair in Virginia heads to Syria, praises Assad Updated: Apr-27-16 8:58 pm
RICHMOND, Virginia - Sen. Ted Cruz's former campaign co-chairman in Virginia has traveled to Syria and promised support for the government of President Bashar Assad, who U.S. officials have repeatedly said has lost the legitimacy to rule the war-torn country.
- Police: Man killed in Virginia standoff threatened suicide Updated: Apr-27-16 4:36 pm
NORFOLK, Virginia - A man who was fatally shot by snipers during a standoff last week said he was going to kill himself, threatened to kill police officers and fired eight rifle shots at an armored police vehicle, authorities said.
- High court seems poised to overturn McDonnell conviction Updated: Apr-27-16 3:12 pm
WASHINGTON - The Supreme Court could make it tougher for the government to crack down on public corruption, signaling Wednesday that it may overturn former Virginia Gov. Bob McDonnell's federal bribery conviction.
- Police identify woman who died in Buchanan County house fire Updated: Apr-26-16 5:23 pm
GRUNDY, Virginia - Virginia State Police have identified a woman who was found dead after a house fire in Buchanan County.
- Virginia panel wrestles with question of luxury box gifts Updated: Apr-26-16 1:59 pm
RICHMOND, Virginia - A Virginia ethics panel struggled Tuesday to decide whether state officials should be able to accept tickets to sporting events under the state's new ethics rules after a high ranking member of Gov. Terry McAuliffe's administration watched a Washington Redskins playoff game for free from one of the team's luxury boxes earlier this year.
- McDonnell case at high court will test reach of bribery laws Updated: Apr-26-16 1:08 pm
WASHINGTON - In its final argument of the term, the Supreme Court will weigh a former Virginia governor's contention that doing favors for a businessman who gave him gifts like a Rolex watch, golf outings and money for wedding catering did not amount to public corruption.
- Police: Virginia man killed after he fired at officers Updated: Apr-26-16 11:06 am
NORFOLK, Virginia - Authorities are identifying a man fatally shot by Norfolk police after they say he fired at officers.
- Police: Man chokes Uber driver on I-95 in Chesterfield Updated: Apr-26-16 11:03 am
CHESTERFIELD, Virginia - A Massachusetts man is behind bars in Virginia after police say he choked an Uber driver on Interstate 95 in Chesterfield.
- Man shot by deputy charged with shooting into VFW hall Updated: Apr-26-16 10:34 am
HALIFAX, Virginia - Authorities have charged a man they say shot at a Veterans of Foreign Wars hall in Virginia, injuring four people, and was then shot by a sheriff's deputy.
- Over 1,500 West Virginians will lose food stamps benefits Updated: Apr-25-16 1:51 pm
CHARLESTON, West Virginia - More than 1,500 West Virginians will lose their food stamp benefits starting next month under new requirements that recipients must either work or be in training, according to state officials.
- Man accused of stealing slain trooper's donation jar Updated: Apr-25-16 10:21 am
YORKTOWN, Virginia - Authorities have arrested a man in connection with the theft of a donations jar intended for the family of a slain Virginia State Trooper.
- Jurors unmoved by former Va. governor's appeal arguments Updated: Apr-23-16 11:02 am
RICHMOND, Virginia - As former Virginia Gov. Bob McDonnell's public corruption case goes before the U.S. Supreme Court, three of the jurors who convicted him say they remain certain they did the right thing.
- The Latest: House speaker blasts Virginia governor's action Updated: Apr-22-16 1:08 pm
RICHMOND, Virginia - The Latest on Gov. Terry McAuliffe's decision to make all former felons in Virginia eligible to vote (all times local):