- Napoli back with the Rangers, who are back in playoffs Updated: Oct-06-15 5:58 pm
ARLINGTON, Texas - Chants of "Nap-o-li!, Nap-o-li!" echo in Texas just like 2011 all over again.
- Red Sox more optimistic despite another last-place finish Updated: Oct-05-15 8:26 pm
- Ortiz homers in return but Red Sox lose 8-2 to Indians Updated: Oct-03-15 1:22 am
CLEVELAND - The wind was blowing in hard as Northeast Ohio felt the effects of Hurricane Joaquin. It made no difference to David Ortiz, whose two-run homer rocketed through the strong gusts.
- Tomlin pitches into 7th as Indians beat Red Sox 8-2 Updated: Oct-02-15 10:21 pm
- Yankees clinch playoff spot after 2-year absence, top Boston Updated: Oct-02-15 3:13 pm
NEW YORK - CC Sabathia stood near his locker in the back of the oval Yankees clubhouse while excited teammates celebrated New York's return to the postseason.
- Don Orsillo signs deal to broadcast Padres games Updated: Sep-30-15 7:28 pm
SAN DIEGO - Don Orsillo has landed with the San Diego Padres after being ousted as the Boston Red Sox's television play-by-play voice.
- Prime ministers from New Zealand, Curacao at Red Sox-Yankees Updated: Sep-29-15 10:21 pm
NEW YORK - Be it a president, king or emir, there's plenty that world leaders in town for the United Nations General Assembly can enjoy in their spare time.
- Red Sox manager meets President Barack Obama at hotel gym Updated: Sep-29-15 8:51 pm
NEW YORK - Just like any other morning on a Boston Red Sox road trip, interim manager Torey Lovullo woke up Tuesday and headed for the gym at the team hotel.
- Red Sox blank Orioles again, 2-0 Updated: Sep-27-15 4:19 pm
- Lucchino to become president and CEO emeritus of Red Sox Updated: Sep-27-15 2:35 pm
BOSTON - Larry Lucchino will become president and chief executive officer emeritus of the Boston Red Sox when he steps down next month.
- Schilling set to return to ESPN for postseason coverage Updated: Sep-27-15 12:40 pm
LOUDON, New Hampshire - Curt Schilling is headed back to television for ESPN.
- Boston's Big Papi reflects on strong year despite team woes Updated: Sep-27-15 12:27 pm
BOSTON - David Ortiz heard the chatter early in the year, questioning what he had left, and responded with another strong season.
- Red Sox hire former Braves GM Frank Wren Updated: Sep-25-15 8:06 pm
BOSTON - The Red Sox hired former Atlanta Braves general manager Frank Wren as senior vice president of baseball operations, a day after Mike Hazen was promoted to general manager.
- Longoria's HR, Ramirez's pitching help Rays beat Red Sox 4-2 Updated: Sep-24-15 10:48 pm
BOSTON - Evan Longoria's 20th home run put him in exclusive company.
- Red Sox name Mike Hazen general manager Updated: Sep-24-15 10:07 pm
BOSTON - Dave Dombrowski didn't have to go far in his search for a new general manager - as it turned out, his man was already in the office.
- Red Sox shut down Hanley Ramirez for rest of season Updated: Sep-24-15 7:18 pm
BOSTON - The Boston Red Sox have shut down Hanley Ramirez for the rest of the season due to right shoulder inflammation.
- Vermont students to sing national anthem at Fenway Park Updated: Sep-24-15 12:34 pm
WESTMINSTER, Vermont - A school choir in southern Vermont will be serenading the Red Sox and the Tampa Bay Rays at Fenway Park in Boston.
- Red Sox honor David Ortiz for 500th HR Updated: Sep-21-15 7:45 pm
BOSTON - The Boston Red Sox have honored David Ortiz in his first game in Fenway Park since he joined the 500 home run club.
- AL East-leading Blue Jays lose grip, last-place Bosox win Updated: Sep-20-15 6:21 pm
- Red Sox, Blue Jays to play Montreal exhibitions on April 1-2 Updated: Sep-18-15 5:37 pm
- Pedroia hits 2 HRs as Red Sox rout Orioles 10-1 Updated: Sep-16-15 11:22 pm
BALTIMORE - On a night when the old guard of the Boston Red Sox provided the offensive firepower, a rookie pitcher offered a hopeful glimpse of the future.
- RHP Joe Kelly shut down by Red Sox Updated: Sep-16-15 5:43 pm
BALTIMORE - Red Sox right-hander Joe Kelly has been shut down for the season with a shoulder injury.
- Stolen Red Sox World Series ring found during drug raid Updated: Sep-16-15 12:56 pm
QUINCY, Massachusetts - Police conducting a raid at a suspected drug dealer's home south of Boston made an unusual discovery - a stolen 2004 Red Sox World Series ring.
- Orioles' Tazawa shut down for year Updated: Sep-16-15 12:38 am
BALTIMORE - The Boston Red Sox say right-hander Junichi Tazawa has been shut down for the remainder of the season to get some rest.
- Castillo has key hit in 13th, Red Sox beat Rays 2-0 Updated: Sep-13-15 6:28 pm
ST. PETERSBURG, Florida - Rusney Castillo made sure Rich Hill's comeback start ended in a victory.