- Joe Kelly tagged by Twins, Red Sox drop opener 7-2 Updated: May-25-15 7:54 pm
MINNEAPOLIS - Joe Kelly entered Monday's game looking as if he had things figured out coming off of two of his best performances of 2015.
- Nolasco, Plouffe help Twins stay hot in 7-2 win over Red Sox Updated: May-25-15 6:12 pm
MINNEAPOLIS - It's been a rocky season and a quarter for Ricky Nolasco since he joined the Minnesota Twins. The weight of a four-year, $49 million contract proved too much to bear in his first season, and his second year started with a trip to the disabled list.
- Angels' offense shut down by Miley in 6-1 loss to Red Sox Updated: May-24-15 6:44 pm
BOSTON - Mike Scioscia said before the game that hitters usually look at a few pitches when facing a starter for the first time.
- Napoli homers again, drives in 4; Red Sox beat Angels 6-1 Updated: May-24-15 6:08 pm
BOSTON - Mike Napoli might want to find that child that autographed his bat a couple of days ago and have him sign a few more.
- Red Sox RF Victorino leaves game with tightness in left calf Updated: May-23-15 8:33 pm
BOSTON - Red Sox right fielder Shane Victorino has left Saturday's game in the third inning against the Los Angeles Angels due to tightness in his left calf.
- Red Sox call up Cuban OF Rusney Castillo Updated: May-22-15 7:36 pm
- Rangers' Rodriguez keeps Red Sox bats quiet in 3-1 win Updated: May-21-15 11:18 pm
BOSTON - Wandy Rodriguez's plan worked very well. He simply kept Boston's struggling hitters confused.
- Klein recalled, faces Red Sox in 1st major league start Updated: May-20-15 8:18 pm
- Braves trade right-hander John Cornely to Red Sox Updated: May-20-15 6:21 pm
- Gallardo gives up 2 key HRs, Rangers lose 4-3 to Red Sox Updated: May-20-15 12:17 am
- President of Red Sox minor league affiliate PawSox dies Updated: May-18-15 4:56 pm
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - Pawtucket Red Sox President James Skeffington, a lawyer who became the minor league affiliate's public face and lead cheerleader for a plan to move the team to downtown Providence, has died. He was 73.
- PawSox president dies amid plan to move team to Providence Updated: May-18-15 4:20 pm
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - The man who became the public face of a proposal to move the minor league Pawtucket Red Sox to a riverfront ballpark in Providence has died, leading to questions about the next step for the team.
- James Paxton leads Mariners over Red Sox 5-0 Updated: May-17-15 8:25 pm
- Red Sox put RHP Masterson on DL, recall LHP Ross Updated: May-14-15 6:44 pm
- Wade Miley duels with Sonny Gray, Boston beats A's 2-0 Updated: May-13-15 7:48 pm
OAKLAND, California - Somehow, Wade Miley pulled off escape acts all afternoon.
- Red Sox third baseman Sandoval receives World Series ring Updated: May-11-15 10:27 pm
OAKLAND, California - Pablo Sandoval had his latest sparkly World Series ring visible in his locker at the Oakland Coliseum.
- Victorino returns from disabled list for opener at Oakland Updated: May-11-15 10:06 pm
OAKLAND, California - Boston's Shane Victorino has been activated from the 15-day disabled list and is starting in right field and batting seventh for the opener of a three-game series against the Oakland Athletics.
- Napoli, Sandoval homer, lead Buchholz, Bosox over Blue Jays Updated: May-10-15 5:12 pm
TORONTO - The day after their second team meeting in less than a week, the Boston Red Sox turned in a winning performance.
- New pitching coach Carl Willis joins Red Sox Updated: May-10-15 1:24 pm
TORONTO - Joining the struggling Boston Red Sox in midseason is "a bit of an uncomfortable situation" for new pitching coach Carl Willis.
- Red Sox trade reliever Edward Mujica to Athletics Updated: May-09-15 11:23 pm
- Red Sox hire Carl Willis as new pitching coach Updated: May-09-15 6:29 pm
TORONTO - The Boston Red Sox have hired Carl Willis as their new pitching coach, reuniting him with manager John Farrell.
- Red Sox star Ortiz loses appeal, serves 1-game suspension Updated: May-08-15 5:44 pm
- Last-place Red Sox fire pitching coach Juan Nieves Updated: May-07-15 4:00 pm
- Red Sox make 5 hits count, beat Rays 2-0 Updated: May-05-15 11:00 pm
BOSTON - Mookie Betts didn't need any body English to coax his two home runs stay fair and help the Boston Red Sox snap a four-game losing streak.
- House speaker's consultant on PawSox works for industry Updated: May-05-15 5:23 pm
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - An economist hired by House Speaker Nicholas Mattiello to consult on a proposal for a new Pawtucket Red Sox stadium in Providence said Tuesday that he also is a consultant for the pro baseball commissioner's office, but a spokesman for the speaker said he doesn't see a conflict.