- Ellsbury to Yankees, Pierzynski to Red Sox Updated: Dec-04-13 3:39 am
- AP Source: Red Sox nearing deal for C Pierzynski Updated: Dec-03-13 4:29 pm
- Definitive portrait of baseball's greatest hitter Updated: Dec-03-13 10:03 am
- Red Sox cut Andrew Bailey, Ryan Kalish Updated: Dec-02-13 10:32 pm
- Winter deals show the advantage of building from within Updated: Nov-26-13 12:18 pm
- Red Sox video takes fans from marathon to title Updated: Nov-25-13 10:31 pm
- Red Sox get RHP Badenhop from Brewers Updated: Nov-22-13 2:00 pm
- Red Sox postseason share price drops to $307,323 Updated: Nov-21-13 6:51 pm
- Ortiz, Victorino shavings being auctioned off Updated: Nov-21-13 3:48 pm
- David Ortiz seeks to renew contract with Red Sox Updated: Nov-20-13 9:38 pm
- Red Sox World Series trophy makes stop in RI Updated: Nov-20-13 5:29 pm
- UNH, town, pay $16K for World Series crowd control Updated: Nov-20-13 7:04 am
- Conn. plates a money-raiser for Red Sox Foundation Updated: Nov-20-13 6:39 am
- Jefferson carries Bobcats past Celtics, 89-83 Updated: Nov-13-13 11:23 pm
- Pedroia expected back for opener after surgery Updated: Nov-13-13 7:26 pm
- Managers of the Year: Terry Francona, Clint Hurdle Updated: Nov-13-13 1:18 am
- Cherington voted TSN's MLB executive of year Updated: Nov-11-13 11:09 pm
- MTV and Major League Baseball announce partnership Updated: Nov-11-13 10:09 am
- Red Sox to offer tours of Fenway on Veterans Day Updated: Nov-10-13 4:23 pm
- Free Agents Predictions Updated: Nov-09-13 1:20 pm
- Ortiz gets Boston mayor votes but didn't place 3rd Updated: Nov-08-13 1:30 pm
- McCutchen wonders what might have been for Pirates Updated: Nov-08-13 6:18 am
- Red Sox championship trophy visits Statehouse Updated: Nov-07-13 1:18 pm
- Rivera, Pettitte to be honored at BBWAA dinner Updated: Nov-06-13 3:19 pm
- Red Sox reach out to St. Louis in newspaper ad Updated: Nov-05-13 2:57 pm
BOSTON - Free-agent catcher A.J. Pierzynski has agreed to a one-year contract with the Boston Red Sox, a person with knowledge of the negotiations said Tuesday.
"The Kid: The Immortal Life of Ted Williams" (Little, Brown and Company), by Ben Bradlee Jr.
Though the amount of money being thrown around baseball continues to astonish, there probably won't be a more eye-popping contract handed out this offseason than the four-year, $53 million deal the St. Louis Cardinals agreed to with infielder Jhonny Peralta.
BOSTON - Tired of watching the Boston Red Sox fumble away their chances early in the World Series, David Ortiz called his teammates together in the visitor's dugout at Busch Stadium and, for the second time in the season, delivered the words everyone needed to hear.
NEW YORK - A full postseason share for the World Series champion Boston Red Sox was worth $307,323, down from a record $370,873 for the San Francisco Giants last year.
BOSTON - It's the ultimate display of Red Sox fandom: owning strands of David Ortiz's World Series-winning beard.
SANTO DOMINGO, Dominican Republic - Slugger David Ortiz says he hopes to renew his contract with the Boston Red Sox for another year.
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - The Boston Red Sox have brought their World Series championship trophy to Providence.
DURHAM, New Hampshire - The University of New Hampshire and town of Durham spent a combined $16,000 responding to a rowdy crowd on Main Street after the Red Sox won the World Series.
HARTFORD, Connecticut - New York Yankees fans in Connecticut outnumber followers of the rival Red Sox, but the Boston World Series champions are winning support for the team's charity in Connecticut.
BOSTON - Charlotte's Al Jefferson got his usual nice round of applause from Boston fans during pregame introductions. Then he showed why they liked him so much when he wore green.
ORLANDO, Florida - Red Sox second baseman Dustin Pedroia is expected to be ready for Boston's opener at Baltimore on March 31 after surgery Wednesday on his left thumb.
NEW YORK - Two championships and eight successful seasons in Boston brought Terry Francona exactly zero first-place votes in Manager of the Year balloting.
ORLANDO, Florida - Boston Red Sox general manager Ben Cherington was voted The Sporting News baseball executive of the year following the team's worst-to-first turnaround.
NEW YORK - As if winning the World Series MVP wasn't enough, Boston Red Sox slugger David Ortiz is becoming a producer of his own MTV television show.
BOSTON - The Boston Red Sox will be honoring veterans and active military members with free tours of Fenway Park on Veterans Day.
NEW YORK - Predictions by AP baseball writers on the contracts 10 high-profile free agents will receive:
BOSTON - Boston Red Sox designated hitter David Ortiz is apparently so popular in the city that some residents think he should be mayor.
PITTSBURGH - Andrew McCutchen might be the best player on the Pittsburgh Pirates, but he's not their chief recruiter.
BOSTON - State employees lined up Thursday to have their picture taken with the Boston Red Sox World Series championship trophy as it made a stop at the Massachusetts Statehouse.
NEW YORK - Retiring New York Yankees pitchers Mariano Rivera and Andy Pettitte have been voted the Joe DiMaggio Toast of the Town award by the New York chapter of the Baseball Writers' Association of America.
ST. LOUIS - The champion Boston Red Sox are saying thank you to fans - of their World Series opponents.