- Pedroia, Ramirez, Bradley homer, Red Sox beat White Sox 7-3 Updated: May-06-16 12:28 am
- Commissioner: Decision imminent on MLB games in Puerto Rico Updated: May-05-16 7:53 pm
- Correction: White Sox story Updated: May-05-16 5:27 pm
CHICAGO - In a story May 4 about the game between the Boston Red Sox and Chicago White Sox, The Associated Press reported erroneously that David Ortiz moved within one home run of Carl Yastrzemski's club mark. Ortiz actually moved within one home run of tying Yastrzemski for second place. Ted Williams is the team's home run leader.
- White Sox designate Danks for assignment, recall Johnson Updated: May-05-16 4:48 pm
- Red Sox shut down by Quintana in 4-1 loss to White Sox Updated: May-04-16 12:40 am
CHICAGO - The Boston Red Sox are still searching for answers when it comes to Jose Quintana.
- Red Sox 3B Pablo Sandoval has season-ending shoulder surgery Updated: May-03-16 9:00 pm
CHICAGO - Pablo Sandoval's rocky second season with the Boston Red Sox was cut short by shoulder surgery on Tuesday.
- Red Sox activate reliever Carson Smith off disabled list Updated: May-03-16 3:57 pm
CHICAGO - The Boston Red Sox have activated right-handed reliever Carson Smith off the 15-day disabled list.
- Red Sox 3B Pablo Sandoval to have surgery on left shoulder Updated: May-02-16 10:57 pm
BOSTON - Boston Red Sox third baseman Pablo Sandoval, a $95 million free agent who lost his starting job before going on the disabled list, will have exploratory surgery on his left shoulder to determine the source of the injury.
- Red Sox beat Yankees 8-7 to complete 3-game sweep Updated: May-02-16 12:41 am
BOSTON - Alex Rodriguez had already driven in four runs against David Price with a homer and a double.
- Buchholz, Red Sox struggle in 5-3 loss to Braves Updated: Apr-29-16 12:31 am
BOSTON - Clay Buchholz struggled with his control when he needed it most and his teammates' timing wasn't much better.
- Braves end 8-game slide, beat Red Sox 5-3 behind Markakis Updated: Apr-29-16 12:12 am
BOSTON - Atlanta hitters got to Clay Buchholz early and never let up as the Braves pieced together a rare victory.
- Braves' HR drought ends, losing streak doesn't in 9-4 loss Updated: Apr-27-16 11:54 pm
BOSTON - The power-starved Atlanta Braves finally hit one out. Now, they've just got to find a way to start winning some games again.
- David Price fans 14 as Red Sox embarrass Braves, 11-4 Updated: Apr-26-16 10:54 pm
ATLANTA - David Price had a simple summary of his domination of the overmatched Atlanta Braves.
- Bradley, Bosox win in 12 vs Astros after Kimbrel blows save Updated: Apr-25-16 2:24 am
- How to watch baseball online in 2016 Updated: Apr-22-16 12:02 pm
NEW YORK - It's a little easier to watch baseball online this year, though no one would call it safe at home quite yet.
- Rays top season high for runs, beat Red Sox 12-8 Updated: Apr-21-16 6:49 pm
BOSTON - Curt Casali is a lifetime .198 hitter who was holding down the No. 9 spot in the batting order for the Tampa Bay Rays, the lowest-scoring team in baseball.
- Capitol Hill Buzz: House Republicans solve flag fight_coins Updated: Apr-21-16 6:21 pm
WASHINGTON - House Republicans sidestepped the divisive fight over displays of the Confederate battle flag at the U.S. Capitol with plans to put up state coins instead.
- ESPN fires former Red Sox pitcher Curt Schilling as analyst Updated: Apr-21-16 12:40 am
Curt Schilling helped the Boston Red Sox end an 86-year championship drought and then immediately started squandering the goodwill he had earned.
- Boston shortstop Bogaerts leaves with tight left quadriceps Updated: Apr-20-16 9:12 pm
BOSTON - Red Sox shortstop Xander Bogaerts has left Wednesday night's game against Tampa Bay in the sixth inning due to tightness in his left quadriceps.
- RHP Joe Kelly placed on DL after leaving start Tuesday Updated: Apr-20-16 5:56 pm
BOSTON - The Red Sox have placed right-hander Joe Kelly on the 15-day disabled list on Wednesday, a day after he left his start with a shoulder impingement.
- Ex-Red Sox President Lucchino named chairman of Jimmy Fund Updated: Apr-20-16 10:48 am
BOSTON - Former Boston Red Sox president and one-time cancer patient Larry Lucchino has been named chairman of the Jimmy Fund.
- Red Sox RHP Kelly leaves with right shoulder impingement Updated: Apr-19-16 8:38 pm
BOSTON - Red Sox right-hander Joe Kelly left a game Tuesday night against the Tampa Bay Rays in the first inning with a right shoulder impingement.
- Blue Jays rally in 8th to beat Red Sox 4-3 on Patriots' Day Updated: Apr-18-16 3:33 pm
BOSTON - Toronto manager John Gibbons knew Boston had its bullpen lined up.
- Orioles finally lose after 7 straight wins, fall to Red Sox Updated: Apr-14-16 12:03 am
BOSTON - The Baltimore Orioles were overdue for a game like this.
- Red Sox honor retiring DH David Ortiz before home opener Updated: Apr-11-16 6:33 pm
BOSTON - The Red Sox asked their fans to imagine a world without David Ortiz, then spent the rest of the day reminding the city what he has meant to the franchise.