- Giants acquire OF De Aza in trade with Red Sox Updated: Sep-01-15 1:21 am
- Yankees strand 14 in 4-3 loss to Red Sox Updated: Sep-01-15 12:20 am
BOSTON - Didi Gregorius' fly ball was hit in the wrong ballpark.
- Ortiz hits career No. 495; Red Sox beat Yankees 4-3 Updated: Aug-31-15 11:06 pm
- Female fan hit by McCann's bat Updated: Aug-31-15 10:02 pm
BOSTON - New York Yankees catcher Brian McCann's bat slipped out of his hands and hit a female fan near the Boston Red Sox dugout in the seventh inning of Monday night's game.
- Stadium opponents rally at waterfront land eyed by PawSox Updated: Aug-31-15 7:55 pm
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - This land is your land. This land is my land.
- NYC's first fan: A ballgame with Mayor Bill de Blasio Updated: Aug-31-15 6:27 am
NEW YORK - He sat in the upper deck, basically unrecognized amid a sea of happy baseball fans. He let out a cheer when the best hitter on his favorite team smoked a home run and diligently scanned the out-of-town scoreboard to consider playoff implications. And he waited his turn in the long Citi Field men's room line, just one more fan spending a hot summer day watching the Mets and the Red Sox play.
- Ortiz passes Gehrig on HR chart, Red Sox lose 5-4 to Mets Updated: Aug-30-15 6:53 pm
NEW YORK - David Ortiz got a good, close-up look at the New York Mets' young rotation this weekend and was impressed.
- Cuddyer, Mets avert 3-game sweep at home, beat Red Sox 5-4 Updated: Aug-30-15 6:18 pm
NEW YORK - With every swing, a healthy Michael Cuddyer is becoming a major player for the New York Mets.
- Mets give deGrom little help, lose 3-1 to last-place Red Sox Updated: Aug-29-15 10:02 pm
NEW YORK - All of a sudden, the New York Mets are having a tough time at home.
- Boston RHP Buchholz done for year; health key to 2016 option Updated: Aug-28-15 8:08 pm
NEW YORK - Boston pitcher Clay Buchholz is done for the season because of a strained flexor muscle in his right elbow, and his health is the key to whether the Red Sox pick up the option on his 2016 contract.
- Woman hit by foul ball behind home plate sues Red Sox owner Updated: Aug-28-15 10:51 am
BOSTON - A fan struck by a foul ball that went behind home plate last year during a Boston Red Sox game at Fenway Park has sued the team's principal owner.
- Porcello pitches Red Sox past White Sox 3-0 Updated: Aug-26-15 11:59 pm
CHICAGO - For one night at least, it was all there for Rick Porcello. He kept his fastball down, and stepped up in every big spot.
- Don Orsillo out as Red Sox's TV announcer after season Updated: Aug-26-15 6:48 pm
BOSTON - Don Orsillo is out as the Boston Red Sox's television play-by-play voice after this season.
- White Sox get to Miley in seventh, beat Red Sox 5-4 Updated: Aug-26-15 1:03 am
CHICAGO - Wade Miley was bending but not breaking, allowing 10 hits though only two runs through six innings against the Chicago White Sox.
- Royals rally with 4 in 9th; beat Red Sox 8-6 Updated: Aug-23-15 5:25 pm
BOSTON - Mike Moustakas' two-run double capped a four-run ninth inning that carried the AL Central-leading Kansas City Royals to an 8-6 comeback victory over the Boston Red Sox on Sunday.
- Red Sox recall RHP Aro from Triple-A, option RHP Barnes Updated: Aug-23-15 2:24 pm
BOSTON - The Boston Red Sox have recalled right-hander Jonathan Aro from Triple-A Pawtucket for Sunday's series finale against the Kansas City Royals.
- Specter of 38 Studios looms over PawSox stadium proposal Updated: Aug-23-15 11:10 am
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - The shadow of failed video game company 38 Studios comes up repeatedly as the owners of the Pawtucket Red Sox make their pitch to build a stadium in Providence.
- Ortiz's 492nd among 4 Red Sox HRs in 6-4 win over Indians Updated: Aug-19-15 10:38 pm
- Red Sox bring in ex-Tigers boss Dombrowski to run club Updated: Aug-19-15 8:36 pm
BOSTON - New Red Sox president of baseball operations Dave Dombrowski thought enough of the team to pick Boston over other suitors.
- Red Sox hire Dombrowski as president; GM Cherington is out Updated: Aug-18-15 11:33 pm
BOSTON - On their way to a third last-place finish in four seasons, the Boston Red Sox shook up their front office on Tuesday night by hiring Dave Dombrowski as the new president of baseball operations and saying goodbye to general manager Ben Cherington.
- Blind and autistic boy sings anthem at Fenway Updated: Aug-18-15 10:08 am
BOSTON - A 14-year-old blind and autistic boy who sang the national anthem at Fenway Park before the Cleveland Indians-Boston Red Sox game received a loud and long ovation from the players and fans.
- Francona to accompany longtime friend Farrell for treatment Updated: Aug-17-15 5:35 pm
BOSTON - Cleveland manager Terry Francona said he plans to accompany his longtime friend - Red Sox manager John Farrell - to his first chemotherapy treatment for lymphoma on Tuesday.
- Mariners edge Red Sox in 12 after blowing big lead Updated: Aug-16-15 7:50 pm
BOSTON - It could have been another embarrassing loss for Seattle. Then Mike Zunino and Kyle Seager led the Mariners to a sorely needed victory.
- LeVangie expected to take over as bench coach Monday Updated: Aug-16-15 3:09 pm
BOSTON - Red Sox interim manager Torey Lovullo said the team will make bullpen coach Dana LeVangie the bench coach on Monday.
- Manager Farrell visits team Saturday morning Updated: Aug-15-15 12:21 pm
BOSTON - Manager John Farrell has visited the Red Sox a day after announcing he is taking a medical leave for the rest of the season to deal with lymphoma.