- Navy: Water safe near fuel tank leak Updated: Mar-07-14 8:31 pm
- Hawaii lawmakers move to curtail smoking Updated: Mar-07-14 7:00 pm
- Hawaii modified food bills battered but alive Updated: Mar-06-14 10:29 pm
- Hawaii House speaker formally reprimands lawmaker Updated: Mar-06-14 10:10 pm
- Hawaii lawmakers advance bills on deadline day Updated: Mar-06-14 8:51 pm
- Scientists urge lawmakers to protect Hawaii opihi Updated: Mar-05-14 6:11 pm
- Hawaii lawmakers weigh subpoenas in hospital case Updated: Mar-05-14 4:35 pm
- Hawaii's Fukumoto to lead Republican effort Updated: Mar-05-14 3:44 pm
- Hawaii lawmakers move to keep school years shorter Updated: Mar-04-14 10:59 pm
- Hawaii advances bill requiring Internet sales tax Updated: Mar-04-14 10:38 pm
- Hawaii lawmakers push laws ahead in whirlwind day Updated: Mar-04-14 10:08 pm
- Hawaii lawmakers weigh parole for juveniles Updated: Mar-03-14 7:19 pm
- Hawaii advances bill to fine lying at bus stops Updated: Feb-28-14 10:01 pm
- Lawmakers advance Hawaii minimum wage hike Updated: Feb-28-14 7:44 pm
- Revenue concerns dog Hawaii Health Connector Updated: Feb-26-14 10:01 pm
- Hawaii weighs paroling more terminally ill inmates Updated: Feb-24-14 5:20 pm
- 5 things ahead this week in the Hawaii Legislature Updated: Feb-23-14 7:29 am
- Hawaii lawmakers consider bills for at-risk youth Updated: Feb-21-14 8:11 pm
- Hawaii considers establishing environmental court Updated: Feb-20-14 9:50 pm
- Raft of Hawaii bills survive committee Updated: Feb-19-14 6:26 pm
- Hawaii grapples with unmanned aircraft privacy Updated: Feb-18-14 6:33 pm
- Hawaii pot still illegal; could be decriminalized Updated: Feb-13-14 10:59 pm
- Hawaii lawmakers weigh homeless bill of rights Updated: Feb-13-14 10:04 pm
- Hawaii could elbow therapists out of massage ads Updated: Feb-11-14 6:55 pm
- Hawaii eyes stiff taxes on e-smoking devices Updated: Feb-10-14 9:41 pm
HONOLULU - Navy officials told Hawaii lawmakers that drinking water is safe around a fuel tank that sprang a leak in January.
HONOLULU - Hawaii lawmakers have killed proposals aimed at raising the legal age for buying tobacco to 21 and clamping down on smoking at beaches statewide. But they're advancing bills that would restrict smoking and make it more expensive, continuing a trend in Hawaii to crack down on smoking in public places.
HONOLULU - The chairwoman of the Hawaii House Agriculture Committee said Thursday she intends to fight for a bill that would establish a task force to study genetically modified foods.
HONOLULU - Hawaii House Speaker Joseph Souki on Thursday formally reprimanded a House lawmaker for her conduct during public hearings and threatened her committee assignments.
HONOLULU - Hawaii state senators made light work of the last handful of bills to cross over to the House before a legislative deadline.
HONOLULU - Experts want Hawaii lawmakers to update regulations meant to protect opihi, a tasty mollusk whose numbers have crashed in parts of Hawaii.
HONOLULU - Hawaii lawmakers are deciding how to proceed with their investigation into shoddy working conditions and mismanagement at Hawaii State Hospital.
HONOLULU - Hawaii state Rep. Beth Fukumoto has been selected as a future leader by the Republican State Leadership Committee.
HONOLULU - Hawaii lawmakers have passed measures in both chambers to set the public school year at 990 instructional hours over 180 school days.
HONOLULU - Hawaii lawmakers are trying to level the playing field for retailers on the islands by mandating taxes on Internet sales transactions.
HONOLULU - The Hawaii Senate made short work of heap of bills Tuesday, passing more than 300 measures to send to the House.
HONOLULU - Juvenile offenders in Hawaii could no longer be sentenced to life without parole under a bill scheduled for a vote by state lawmakers.
HONOLULU - Lying down and obstructing a bus stop would become a form of disorderly conduct under a bill passed by the Hawaii House of Representatives.
HONOLULU - Hawaii's minimum wage would rise by almost $3 in three years under a bill the state Senate advanced Friday.
HONOLULU - The head of Hawaii's online health insurance marketplace told state lawmakers Tuesday that it isn't earning enough to pay its bills beyond 2014.
HONOLULU - Terminally sick or debilitated prisoners in Hawaii are likely to gain easier access to parole hearings under changes state agencies are making.
HONOLULU - The top thing to watch for this week in the Hawaii state Legislature is what didn't notably happen last week: a promised meeting among House leadership to discuss possible censure of Rep. Faye Hanohano.
HONOLULU - Four of every five teens who appear in Judge R. Mark Browning's family court, he told Hawaii lawmakers Friday, abuse some sort of substance: alcohol, cocaine, heroin, gasoline, cold medicine or "a number of other things you've never heard of and probably shouldn't."
HONOLULU - Crimes such as pumping pool water into the ocean and dumping trash on roadsides would be prosecuted better if Hawaii establishes an environmental court, advocates and regulators told state lawmakers Wednesday.
HONOLULU - Bills that would provide for mental health care, affordable housing and invasive species research are advancing in the Hawaii legislature.
HONOLULU - Hawaii lawmakers are considering a bill that would make it illegal for police to monitor people with unmanned aircraft without due process.
HONOLULU - A bill to legalize recreational marijuana in Hawaii died in committee Thursday. But state lawmakers advanced a measure that could decriminalize possession of up to an ounce of the drug.
HONOLULU - Hawaii lawmakers are considering creating a homeless bill of rights that supporters say would guard against laws that allow authorities to roust or intimidate people forced to live on the streets.
HONOLULU - Massage, spa and escort ads would be restricted under a bill Hawaii lawmakers are considering.
HONOLULU - Hawaii lawmakers on Monday advanced bills that could heavily tax electronic smoking devices in the state.