- Kindred-spirit QBs Favre, Stabler voted into Hall of Fame Updated: Feb-06-16 11:20 pm
SAN FRANCISCO - The first NFL game Brett Favre ever attended, as a teenager growing up in Mississippi, was the final home game of Ken "The Snake" Stabler's career.
- Super Busts: The best teams to not win the Super Bowl Updated: Feb-06-16 12:56 pm
They had the stars, the swagger and the sparkling record to prove it.
- Raiders owner Mark Davis intrigued by Las Vegas as NFL city Updated: Feb-05-16 6:41 pm
SAN FRANCISCO - Owner Mark Davis has a sly response when it comes to his interest in moving the Oakland Raiders to Sin City.
- Goodell proposes what might be called Odell Beckham Jr. Rule Updated: Feb-05-16 5:33 pm
SAN FRANCISCO - Call it the Odell Beckham Jr. Rule.
- Hola: Texans-Raiders in Mexico City on Nov. 21 Updated: Feb-05-16 5:26 pm
SAN FRANCISCO - Hola. The NFL is heading back to Mexico.
- J.J. Watt feels concussions are an expected injury Updated: Feb-05-16 12:30 pm
SAN FRANCISCO - Houston Texans defensive end J.J. Watt says he knew concussions were a risk when he decided to play football, so he's not any more alarmed by the studies of prolonged head trauma suffered by NFL players.
- Both kickers hoping Super Bowl 50 comes down to them Updated: Feb-05-16 2:35 am
SANTA CLARA, California - They both visualized Adam Vinatieri growing up, these even-keeled kickers who are hoping to emulate "Mr. Clutch" in Super Bowl 50.
- Union: Raiders, Jaguars far under spending minimum Updated: Feb-04-16 9:28 pm
- AP Source: NFL planning game next season in Mexico Updated: Feb-04-16 5:18 pm
SAN FRANCISCO - The NFL is planning to play a regular-season game in Mexico City this year, with the Raiders hosting the Texans.
- Indiana culture war over gay rights worries business leaders Updated: Feb-03-16 7:27 pm
INDIANAPOLIS - Downtown Indianapolis was once so desolate that men armed with shotguns hunted pigeons on Sundays among empty buildings and a trash-strewn river canal.
- With results 'unacceptable', owner promises to fix Titans Updated: Feb-03-16 5:03 pm
Tennessee controlling owner Amy Adams Strunk is promising season-ticket holders she will do "everything in her power" to return the franchise to the success the Titans enjoyed 15 years ago.
- Jets hire Brant Boyer as special teams coordinator Updated: Feb-03-16 11:52 am
- From Montana to Manning: Superb Super Bowls finishes Updated: Feb-02-16 11:41 am
SAN FRANCISCO - Every Super Bowl kicks off with the hopes of a thrilling game, capped by a dramatic drive in which the champion seizes control to capture the Lombardi Trophy.
- Newton to Oher: 'I need you' to play in Carolina Updated: Feb-02-16 11:03 am
SAN JOSE, California - When Cam Newton discovered the Carolina Panthers planned to make a run at signing Michael Oher last offseason, he texted the free agent offensive tackle: "I need you. I don't want you. I NEED you."
- Titans add Keith Willis, Brandon Blaney to defensive staff Updated: Feb-01-16 5:02 pm
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - The Tennessee Titans have hired Keith Willis as an assistant defensive line coach and Brandon Blaney as a defensive assistant.
- Browns hire Andrew Berry as head of player personnel Updated: Jan-27-16 11:15 pm
CLEVELAND - The Browns need smarter decisions from their front office. They've put another Ivy Leaguer in place to help them brainstorm.
- David Walker hired by Lions to coach running backs Updated: Jan-25-16 9:05 pm
ALLEN PARK, Michigan - David Walker is joining the Detroit Lions as running backs coach.
- Mike Mularkey adds 3 assistants to Titans coaching staff Updated: Jan-25-16 6:11 pm
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - Tennessee coach Mike Mularkey has hired three assistants adding Russ Grimm as his offensive line coach, Deshea Townsend for the secondary and Steve Jackson as assistant secondary coach.
- Buccaneers hired Brett Maxie as defensive backs coach Updated: Jan-25-16 4:26 pm
TAMPA, Florida - The Tampa Bay Buccaneers have hired former NFL player Brett Maxie as defensive backs coach.
- New Ball St. coach hires Daoust as defensive coordinator Updated: Jan-25-16 4:03 pm
MUNCIE, Indiana - New Ball State coach Mike Neu hired former Syracuse assistant Tim Daoust as defensive coordinator and former Indianapolis Colts player Kyle DeVan as offensive line coach Monday.
- Manning's Broncos to face Newton's Panthers in Super Bowl Updated: Jan-24-16 11:29 pm
- Texans hire Izzo as special teams coordinator Updated: Jan-22-16 8:37 pm
HOUSTON - The Houston Texans have hired Larry Izzo as special teams coordinator, Sean Ryan to coach wide receivers and Anthony Weaver as defensive line coach.
- Longtime Cardinals personnel executive dies Updated: Jan-22-16 4:40 pm
TEMPE, Arizona - George Boone, a longtime player personnel executive for the Arizona Cardinals, has died at the age of 77.
- Jaguars promote Wash to DC, give Bradley 1-year extension Updated: Jan-22-16 3:40 pm
JACKSONVILLE, Florida - Jacksonville Jaguars coach Gus Bradley took an unusual approach to finding a new defensive coordinator: He brought the front-runner along for every interview.
- 17th and likely last meeting between QB blue bloods on tap Updated: Jan-22-16 3:37 am
DENVER - The final chapter of the greatest quarterback rivalry in NFL history plays out in all likelihood Sunday with the 17th meeting between Tom Brady and Peyton Manning.