- Japan seeks intl action vs. China's new air zone Updated: Dec-08-13 12:04 am
- VP Biden opens weeklong Asia trip with Tokyo stop Updated: Dec-02-13 7:58 pm
- Biden visits Asia amid Japan-SKorea's toxic ties Updated: Dec-02-13 10:43 am
- US advises carriers to comply with China air zone Updated: Nov-29-13 11:02 pm
- China sends warplanes into air defense zone Updated: Nov-28-13 11:49 pm
- Japan secrecy law stirs fear of limits on freedoms Updated: Nov-26-13 9:19 am
- Japan, China in war of words over airspace Updated: Nov-25-13 10:28 pm
- JFK 50th: Nation pauses to remember lost president Updated: Nov-22-13 12:44 pm
- Japan sending 1,000 troops to Philippines Updated: Nov-14-13 5:49 am
- WWII Doolittle Raiders make final toast in Ohio Updated: Nov-09-13 9:49 pm
TACLOBAN, Philippines - Japan's defense minister called on the international community Sunday to oppose China's recently declared maritime air defense zone over the East China Sea and possibly over the disputed South China Sea.
TOKYO - U.S. Vice President Joe Biden has opened a weeklong trip to Asia aimed at showing the U.S. is still committed to increasing its engagement and influence in the region.
SEOUL, South Korea - When South Korean fans at a soccer game against Japan unfurled two massive banners honoring men considered national heroes for battling Japanese invaders, organizers took them down, Tokyo grumbled - and South Koreans cheered yet another sign of defiance against their former colonizer.
BEIJING - The United States advised U.S. carriers to comply with China's demand that it be told of any flights passing through its new maritime air defense zone over the East China Sea, an area where Beijing said it launched two fighter planes to investigate a dozen American and Japanese reconnaissance and military flights.
BEIJING - China said it sent warplanes into its newly declared maritime air defense zone days after the U.S., South Korea and Japan all sent flights through the airspace in broadening defiance of rules Beijing says it has imposed over the East China Sea.
TOKYO - Japan's more powerful lower house of Parliament approved a state secrecy bill late Tuesday that imposes stiffer penalties on bureaucrats who leak secrets and journalists who seek them, despite criticism the government is making a heavy-handed effort to hide what it's doing and suppress press freedom.
TOKYO - Japan and China are exchanging angry words over a territorial dispute, with each country summoning the other's ambassador and Japanese Prime Minister Shinzo Abe calling a newly declared Chinese maritime air defense zone dangerous and unenforceable.
DALLAS - Fifty years after John F. Kennedy fell victim to an assassin's bullet while visiting Texas with his wife, people at home and abroad paused Friday to remember the 35th president of the United States. Collected here are memories of the slain president, details from the day of his death and live updates from the memorial service at Dealey Plaza in Dallas.
TOKYO - Japan is planning to send about 1,000 troops to the Philippines in what officials say could become the military's biggest relief effort ever.
DAYTON, Ohio - The last of the Doolittle Raiders, all in their 90's, offered a final toast Saturday to their fallen comrades, as they pondered their place in history after a day of fanfare about their 1942 attack on Japan.