- Iran stands firm on maintaining a nuclear program Updated: Mar-05-14 6:01 am
- Japan and North Korea Red Cross to meet in China Updated: Feb-28-14 1:20 am
- China labels Japan a 'trouble maker' Updated: Feb-25-14 7:37 am
- Japan distances itself from right-wing statements Updated: Feb-24-14 7:45 am
- Tokyo 2020 chairman critical of Mao Asada Updated: Feb-20-14 10:30 am
- Japan may review probe on WWII sex slavery Updated: Feb-20-14 7:46 am
- Hanyu's historic gold for Japan no flash in pan Updated: Feb-15-14 5:36 am
- In China, Kerry talks NKorea, regional tensions Updated: Feb-14-14 2:53 pm
- US, SKorea warn NKorea against aggression Updated: Feb-13-14 10:53 am
- Kerry seeks to ease tensions in Asia Updated: Feb-12-14 6:18 pm
- Time running out on former sex slaves' quest Updated: Feb-11-14 8:19 pm
- Documents: Judgments random in military sex-crimes Updated: Feb-10-14 5:38 pm
- Ruling party-backed candidate wins Tokyo race Updated: Feb-09-14 10:26 pm
TOKYO - Iran's foreign minister pushed back Wednesday against calls for deeper cuts to its nuclear program.
TOKYO - Japanese and North Korean Red Cross officials will meet in China on Monday in what could be a first step toward resuming talks between the two nations.
BEIJING - China on Tuesday labeled Japan a "trouble maker" that is damaging regional peace and stability, firing back at earlier criticism from Tokyo over a spike in tensions in northeast Asia.
TOKYO - Japan's foreign minister is trying to distance his government from recent right-wing comments on World War II, calling them "regrettable" and saying they don't represent the government's views.
TOKYO - The head of Tokyo's 2020 Olympic organizing committee has criticized Japanese figure skater Mao Asada's performance in the women's short program at the Sochi Olympics.
TOKYO - Japan's government said Thursday it may re-examine a 20-year-old study that led to a landmark apology over forced prostitution during World War II, in a sign it is leaning toward a denial that officials were involved in organizing sex slavery.
SOCHI, Russia - Unlike when Chinese hurdler Liu Xiang made a major Olympic breakthrough for Asian men, Yuzuru Hanyu's historic gold medal for Japan in figure skating looks less a flash in the pan and more of a significant shift in his sport's center of gravity.
BEIJING - U.S. Secretary of State John Kerry said Friday he had won a commitment from China to help bring a belligerent North Korea back to nuclear disarmament talks, even as he butted heads with Chinese leaders over a series of increasingly aggressive steps Beijing has taken to assert itself in territorial disputes with its smaller neighbors.
SEOUL, South Korea - U.S. Secretary of State John Kerry and his South Korean counterpart warned North Korea on Thursday against any possible aggression as the North sent mixed signals over whether it would return to denuclearization talks and improve ties with the South.
ELMENDORF AIR FORCE BASE, Alaska - Secretary of State John Kerry was heading to Asia on Wednesday on a mission aimed largely at easing tensions between China and its smaller neighbors over territorial disputes and exploring ways to restart long-stalled talks on ridding North Korea of nuclear weapons.
TOECHON, South Korea - A single picture captures the regret, shame and rage that Kim Gun-ja has harbored through most of her 89 years. Dressed in a long white wedding gown, she carries a bouquet of red flowers and stares at the camera, her deep wrinkles obscured by makeup and a diaphanous veil.
TOKYO - At U.S. military bases in Japan, most service members found culpable in sex crimes in recent years did not go to prison, according to internal Department of Defense documents. Instead, in a review of hundreds of cases filed in America's largest overseas military installation, offenders were fined, demoted, restricted to their bases or removed from the military.
TOKYO - Yoichi Masuzoe, a former health minister backed by Japan's ruling party, easily won Tokyo's gubernatorial election Sunday, defeating two candidates who had promised to end nuclear power.