- Excerpts from recent North Dakota editorials Updated: Apr-17-14 12:49 pm
- US judge overturns 6-week abortion ban Updated: Apr-16-14 5:12 pm
- Dickinson man killed in tractor rollover Updated: Apr-12-14 9:59 am
- North Dakota Highway Patrol says 'move over' Updated: Apr-09-14 11:47 am
- AG, Olympian team up for alcohol awareness Updated: Apr-09-14 6:10 am
- Ground broken on 2 truck bypasses in ND oil region Updated: Apr-08-14 6:04 pm
- North Dakota GOP endorses incumbent for ag post Updated: Apr-06-14 5:22 pm
- ND AG Stenehjem unchallenged for GOP endorsement Updated: Apr-05-14 5:14 pm
- Justices throw out evidence from nighttime search Updated: Apr-05-14 5:34 am
- North Dakota GOP chair: avoid complacency Updated: Apr-04-14 10:47 am
- Firm fined for North Dakota political robo-calls Updated: Apr-03-14 4:22 pm
- $150K study could help Minn. benefit from ND oil Updated: Apr-01-14 1:20 pm
- Democrats: ND population gains favor their party Updated: Mar-31-14 1:05 am
Minot Daily News, Minot, April 16, 2014
BISMARCK, North Dakota - A federal judge on Wednesday overturned a North Dakota law that bans abortions when a fetal heartbeat can be detected, which can be as early as six weeks into pregnancy and before many women know they're pregnant.
BISMARCK, North Dakota - Authorities say Dickinson man was killed and another could face charges of drunken driving after a tractor crash near New England, in southwest North Dakota.
BISMARCK, North Dakota - The North Dakota Highway Patrol is urging motorists to obey the state's "move over" law after four injury crashes in five months involving patrol vehicles struck by other vehicles.
Bismarck, North Dakota - The state attorney general is teaming up with an Olympic medalist to raise awareness about the dangers of underage drinking.
WILLISTON, North Dakota - Officials broke ground on two truck bypasses in North Dakota's oil-rich northwest on Tuesday, which they hope will relieve traffic congestion and make city roads safer.
MINOT, North Dakota - Foreseeing a tough fight in the fall to retain the agriculture commissioner seat, North Dakota Republicans endorsed incumbent Doug Goehring for re-election to the post over a political newcomer from a small town in the northeastern part of the state.
MINOT, North Dakota - North Dakota Attorney General Wayne Stenehjem has the approval of Republican convention delegates to run for another term.
BISMARCK, North Dakota - The North Dakota Supreme Court has thrown out evidence obtained in a nighttime search and returned the case to district court.
BISMARCK, North Dakota - North Dakota Republicans should not be content with wielding supermajority control in the Legislature and the more than two decade-long stranglehold on top elected offices, the state GOP chairman says.
BISMARCK, North Dakota - An Atlanta-based company hired by the North Dakota Farm Bureau was fined $500 Wednesday for making illegal automated calls to residents asking their opinions of politicians vying to become state Agriculture Commissioner, the attorney general's office said
ST. PAUL, Minnesota - A proposed $150,000 study would examine how Minnesota could leverage the North Dakota oil boom for its own benefit.
BISMARCK, North Dakota - North Dakota Democrats believe that the state's oil-driven growth in population may one day loosen the Republican hold on the state, leading to more evenly redrawn state legislative districts.