- ND panel to select study topics for 2017 Legislature Updated: May-27-15 6:20 am
BISMARCK, North Dakota - Some North Dakota lawmakers will be back at the Capitol selecting study topics that could spur legislation for the 2017 Legislature.
- Scam artists claiming to be from attorney general's office Updated: May-26-15 2:28 am
BISMARCK, North Dakota - Attorney General Wayne Stenehjem (STEHN'-juhm) is alerting North Dakota residents about scam artists claiming to be calling from his office.
- Crop dusting plane crashes after hitting power line Updated: May-26-15 1:17 am
CASSELTON, North Dakota - Authorities say a crop dusting plane crashed near a small eastern North Dakota airport after hitting a power line, injuring the pilot.
- Attorney general warning North Dakotans of phone scam Updated: May-23-15 4:59 pm
BISMARCK, North Dakota - Attorney General Wayne Stenhjem is warning citizens about scam artists who are calling North Dakotans and claiming to be from his office.
- ND governor uses veto on university system restrictions Updated: May-18-15 10:54 am
BISMARCK, North Dakota - Gov. Jack Dalrymple has vetoed a handful of bills, two weeks after the North Dakota Legislature adjourned.
- ND DOT using 3-D hologram tool to stress seat belt use Updated: May-16-15 2:05 am
BISMARCK, North Dakota - The state Department of Transportation is using a new educational tool to stress the importance of wearing a seat belt.
- AG Stenehjem bans Colorado contractor from working in state Updated: May-15-15 5:54 pm
BISMARCK, North Dakota - Attorney General Wayne Stenehjem has issued a cease and desist order banning a Colorado contractor from doing business in North Dakota.
- New North Dakota governor's home design likely by end-year Updated: May-15-15 10:13 am
BISMARCK, North Dakota - A design for a new $5 million North Dakota governor's residence should be in place by Dec. 1, officials say.
- Attorney general: Florida company can't do business in ND Updated: May-14-15 6:32 pm
BISMARCK, North Dakota - North Dakota Attorney General Wayne Stenehjem has banned a Florida company from doing business in the state.
- Attorney general: City council violated open meetings law Updated: May-14-15 5:03 pm
BENEDICT, North Dakota - Attorney General Wayne Stenehjem says a city council in north central North Dakota violated open meetings law by asking the public to leave while it discussed a contentious issue.
- North Dakota Supreme Court acts against 2 attorneys Updated: May-12-15 12:19 pm
BISMARCK, North Dakota - The North Dakota Supreme Court is taking action against two attorneys.
- Highway Patrol effort aimed at construction zone safety Updated: May-10-15 2:28 am
BISMARCK, North Dakota - North Dakota Highway Patrol troopers are working overtime to enhance safety in construction zones.
- Supreme Court: Warrantless drug-sniffing dogs OK in condos Updated: May-06-15 6:53 pm
FARGO, North Dakota - The North Dakota Supreme Court says it's OK for police to bring drug-sniffing dogs into privately owned condominiums without a warrant.
- Number of North Dakota lobbyists down despite record budget Updated: May-06-15 2:04 am
BISMARCK, North Dakota - The number of lobbyists registered for North Dakota's 64th legislative session was down significantly compared to the last three sessions.
- Rounds of SD, Hoeven of ND part of Former Governors Caucus Updated: May-02-15 9:04 am
WASHINGTON - South Dakota Sen. Mike Rounds will be co-chairman of a congressional group called the Former Governors Caucus that also includes North Dakota Sen. John Hoeven.
- North Dakota GOP lawmaker defends sexting man from gay site Updated: Apr-29-15 9:05 pm
BISMARCK, North Dakota - A North Dakota lawmaker who has voted against extending legal protections to gays and lesbians is defending his decision to send a graphic photo of himself to another user of a gay dating website, telling his hometown newspaper that he is gay and "that's what gay guys do on gay sites, don't they?"
- North Dakota Legislature ends with measure unresolved Updated: Apr-29-15 7:05 pm
BISMARCK, North Dakota - The North Dakota Legislature ended its 2015 session Wednesday after spending a record amount of cash but leaving unresolved a measure that affects public employee benefits.
- Busy western oil patch bridge again open around the clock Updated: Apr-29-15 2:28 am
WATFORD CITY, North Dakota - A busy bridge on U.S. Highway 85 in the western North Dakota oil patch is once again open to traffic around the clock.
- State legislature fails to finish session in 77 days Updated: Apr-28-15 10:55 pm
BISMARCK, North Dakota - North Dakota's Legislature set a goal to adjourn Tuesday, but House and Senate negotiators failed to iron out differences in last-minute spending measures.
- ND Senate declines to challenge veto of oil trust fund bill Updated: Apr-28-15 8:23 pm
BISMARCK, North Dakota - North Dakota's Senate on Tuesday refused to challenge Republican Gov. Jack Dalrymple's veto of a bill that would have barred a governor from budgeting money from the state's trust fund for oil taxes.
- ND Legislature to fund operating costs for Welk farmstead Updated: Apr-28-15 5:32 pm
BISMARCK, North Dakota - North Dakota's Legislature has decided to pay for maintenance and other costs at the boyhood home of famous band leader Lawrence Welk.
- North Dakota Legislature agrees to buy dinosaur mummy Updated: Apr-28-15 5:28 pm
BISMARCK, North Dakota - The North Dakota Legislature has agreed to pay $1.5 million to keep Dakota the duckbilled dinosaur's permanent digs in Bismarck.
- ND OKs higher ed bill that caps tuition hikes at 2.5 percent Updated: Apr-28-15 1:35 pm
BISMARCK, North Dakota - The North Dakota Legislature has passed a higher education bill that caps tuition raises at 2.5 percent for two years.
- ND Legislature approves takeover of Lewis and Clark center Updated: Apr-28-15 12:04 pm
BISMARCK, North Dakota - The North Dakota Legislature has decided to take over operations of the Lewis and Clark Interpretive Center in Washburn because the group in charge of the facility has struggled with fundraising efforts to keep it open.