- Supreme Court rejects appeal in Fargo murder-for-hire scheme Updated: Jul-02-15 7:16 am
BISMARCK, North Dakota - The North Dakota Supreme Court has rejected another appeal by an Oklahoma man convicted of hiring a hit man to kill his son-in-law in North Dakota.
- North Dakota lawmaker defends Facebook post on gay marriage Updated: Jul-01-15 12:07 pm
BISMARCK, North Dakota - A North Dakota Republican state lawmaker is defending a Facebook post in which he called the recent Supreme Court ruling on same-sex marriage a victory for the mentally ill.
- July 1 brings more dollars for oil-impacted ND communities Updated: Jun-30-15 5:14 pm
BISMARCK, North Dakota - July will bring more tax revenue from oil and gas production to some North Dakota communities to help them deal with the impacts of energy development.
- Bismarck man charged in crash that killed 2 in Mandan Updated: Jun-30-15 5:41 am
BISMARCK, North Dakota - A Bismarck man has been charged in connection to a head-on crash on the Bismarck Expressway in Mandan that killed two people.
- ND unlikely to extend anti-discrimination protection to gays Updated: Jun-29-15 4:37 pm
BISMARCK, North Dakota - David Hamilton and his husband, Bernie Erickson, say they're "thrilled" the U.S. Supreme Court has allowed gay marriage nationally, but the Fargo couple believes anti-discrimination protections for gays and lesbians are still lacking in North Dakota.
- Arvilla man killed in rollover on Highway 2 near the city Updated: Jun-27-15 11:42 am
ARVILLA, North Dakota - The North Dakota Highway Patrol says a 52-year-old Arvilla man was killed after his pickup rolled on U.S. Highway 2 near the city.
- Court ruling sends a few gay couples speeding to courthouse Updated: Jun-26-15 6:19 pm
BISMARCK, North Dakota - Some gay couples wasted no time pursuing marriage licenses in North Dakota on Friday, just hours after the Supreme Court decreed that same-sex marriage is a nationwide right.
- Idaho man convicted in North Dakota slaying appeals Updated: Jun-24-15 8:25 am
BISMARCK, North Dakota - The attorney for an Idaho man convicted of killing a man outside of a strip club in the western North Dakota oil patch hub of Williston says the jury in the case unfairly inferred intent on the part of his client.
- Loose horses temporarily block traffic on ND highway Updated: Jun-23-15 5:37 pm
MANDAN, North Dakota - Three loose horses temporarily blocked traffic on a North Dakota highway Tuesday.
- Highway Patrol asking for public's help in finding inmate Updated: Jun-19-15 6:10 pm
BISMARCK, North Dakota - The North Dakota Highway Patrol is asking for the public's help in finding an inmate who walked away from the Missouri River Correctional Center in Bismarck.
- North Dakota lawmakers assigned to interim committees Updated: Jun-17-15 11:26 am
BISMARCK, North Dakota - The North Dakota Legislature's 141 members have been assigned committees to study topics that could inspire bills for the next legislative session.
- North Dakota farm group turns in signatures for referendum Updated: Jun-16-15 3:57 pm
BISMARCK, North Dakota - North Dakota's biggest farm group says it has gathered enough signatures to force a referendum on the Legislature's decision to loosen the state's Depression-era ban against corporate farming.
- ND Legislature returns for 1 day to pass budget measure Updated: Jun-16-15 3:43 pm
BISMARCK, North Dakota - The North Dakota Legislature finally passed a budget Tuesday after lawmakers called themselves back from adjournment for an unprecedented one-day session.
- 5-year-old boy killed in accident at North Dakota farmstead Updated: Jun-16-15 5:46 am
NIOBE, North Dakota - Authorities say a 5-year-old boy has died after he was run over by a grain truck at a farmstead in northwest North Dakota.
- Man killed, 3 injured in head-on crash near Dickinson Updated: Jun-15-15 6:50 am
DICKINSON, North Dakota - The North Dakota Highway Patrol says a 26-year-old Killdeer man was killed and three people were injured in a head-on crash in western North Dakota.
- North Dakota Supreme Court reprimands South Dakota attorney Updated: Jun-13-15 8:46 am
BISMARCK, North Dakota - The North Dakota Supreme Court has reprimanded an attorney over a dispute in a South Dakota tribal court.
- Supreme Court lets stand stabbing conviction of Minot woman Updated: Jun-12-15 3:46 pm
FARGO, North Dakota - The North Dakota Supreme Court has upheld the conviction of a Minot woman charged with attempted murder in the stabbing of her estranged husband, even though one justice said there wasn't enough evidence to issue the first search warrant.
- North Dakota Supreme Court rejects appeal in grisly murder Updated: Jun-12-15 2:39 pm
FARGO, North Dakota - The North Dakota Supreme Court has rejected the appeal of a Cooperstown man who said his conviction for shooting and beheading a North Dakota State University researcher was tainted because a witness lied on the stand.
- Minnesota woman dies of injuries suffered in ND crash Updated: Jun-12-15 10:19 am
VALLEY CITY, North Dakota - The North Dakota Highway Patrol says a Minnesota woman has died from injuries suffered in a vehicle crash last month near Valley City.
- North Dakota attorney general bans unlicensed contractor Updated: Jun-10-15 7:03 pm
BISMARCK, North Dakota - North Dakota's attorney general says a convicted felon operating an unlicensed construction business has been banned from doing work in the state.
- ND Legislature to reconvene to consider unresolved measure Updated: Jun-10-15 11:35 am
BISMARCK, North Dakota - A legislative panel on Wednesday decided to reconvene the entire North Dakota Legislature next week to consider a budget bill left unresolved by lawmakers earlier this year.
- ND lawmakers reach deal that lets benefits bill move forward Updated: Jun-08-15 5:28 pm
BISMARCK, North Dakota - A panel of legislative leaders resolved a dispute Monday that was holding up a more than $14 million appropriations bill for the state's public employee retirement system, agreeing to add one lawmaker from each party to board that oversees the benefits.