- IOC confident in success of anti-doping program Updated: Feb-23-14 10:16 am
- Matt, 34, wins Olympic slalom; oldest Alpine champ Updated: Feb-22-14 3:19 pm
- AP PHOTOS: Sochi on Day 16 Updated: Feb-22-14 2:39 pm
- Analysis: Sochi Games, winding down: an assessment Updated: Feb-22-14 12:46 pm
- Bjoergen leads Norway sweep in 30K cross-country Updated: Feb-22-14 8:09 am
- South Korea protests women's figure skating result Updated: Feb-22-14 5:55 am
- Russia reaffirms command of Olympic figure skating Updated: Feb-21-14 8:12 pm
- Hail the Viktor: Ahn wins 2 short track golds Updated: Feb-21-14 5:37 pm
- 18-year-old Mikaela Shiffrin wins Olympic slalom Updated: Feb-21-14 4:02 pm
- US looks to return to podiums in figure skating Updated: Feb-21-14 10:09 am
- Judging talk overshadows figure skating again Updated: Feb-21-14 10:04 am
- Olympic short track concludes with 3 finals Updated: Feb-20-14 6:11 pm
- Russian Sotnikova wins gold, Kim silver Updated: Feb-20-14 4:49 pm
- How Adelina Sotnikova won gold Updated: Feb-20-14 3:40 pm
- Norway wins gold medal in Nordic combined team Updated: Feb-20-14 9:08 am
- Bjoerndalen sets record with Norway's relay win Updated: Feb-19-14 2:08 pm
- Vaultier wins men's snowboardcross at Olympics Updated: Feb-18-14 6:48 am
- South Korea wins Olympic gold in 3,000 relay Updated: Feb-18-14 6:24 am
- IOC defends Monday's removal of gay activist Updated: Feb-18-14 4:06 am
- Hard to handicap women's Olympic field Updated: Feb-18-14 2:39 am
- Mao Asada focused on other triple jumps in Sochi Updated: Feb-17-14 6:05 pm
- Kim to go 17th, Julia 25th in Sochi short program Updated: Feb-17-14 4:08 am
- US teen Shiffrin ready for Olympic skiing debut Updated: Feb-15-14 11:09 am
- US hopes dashed in Olympic cross-country relay Updated: Feb-15-14 10:52 am
- Fenninger wins Olympic super-G; Hoefl-Riesch 2nd Updated: Feb-15-14 7:43 am
KRASNAYA POLYANA, Russia - At the midpoint of the Sochi Games, not yet marred by a single case of doping, the IOC's top medical official said its efforts to catch drug cheats were so successful they had scared them all away.
KRASNAYA POLYANA, Russia - One racer called the course "borderline unsportsmanlike." Another said it was "brutal." Five of the top eight skiers in the opening leg failed to even finish the second.
The Netherlands speedskating team celebrates gold in the men's team pursuit. Carolina Kostner of Italy casts a shadow on the rink as she begins her figure skating routine. And a hockey puck bounces off the wall during a warm up session before the USA vs. Finland bronze medal game. Here's a look at Saturday's highlights from the Sochi Olympics.
SOCHI, Russia - For organization, the Sochi Games deserve a solid 7 marks out of 10. Unless, of course, you had to shower in cold, brown water in an unfinished mountain hotel and griped about it to #SochiProblems on Twitter.
KRASNAYA POLYANA, Russia - If this was Marit Bjoergen's last Olympic race, she couldn't have scripted a better finish.
SOCHI, Russia - The South Korean Olympic Committee has protested the results of the women's figure skating competition, although the sport's international governing body said Saturday it has not yet received the letter.
SOCHI, Russia - Russia's figure skaters meekly left the Vancouver Olympics four years ago with just one silver medal.
SOCHI, Russia - Viktor Ahn was already a Russian citizen. At the Sochi Olympics, he was embraced as a national hero by his adopted country.
KRASNAYA POLYANA, Russia - Normally so composed, so in control, so not-very-teenlike on and off the slopes, Mikaela Shiffrin suddenly found herself in an awkward position halfway through the second leg of the Olympic slalom.
SOCHI, Russia - The Olympic men's figure skating gold medalist is 19 years old. The women's champion is 17.
SOCHI, Russia - Leave it to figure skating and judging, where winning can be obscured by whining.
SOCHI, Russia - Viktor Ahn opened the short track competition by giving Russia its first Olympic medal in the frenetic sport. Now the red-haired skater can make history on the final night of competition by winning the only gold medal that is missing from his collection.
SOCHI, Russia - Russia's cupboard was so bare of world-class female figure skaters that the sport's most dominant nation had to turn to the kids a few years ago.
SOCHI, Russia - Adelina Sotnikova won the women's figure skating gold medal at the Sochi Olympics pretty much because of one extra triple jump.
KRASNAYA POLYANA, Russia - After failing to win a medal at the Vancouver Olympics, the country that spawned Nordic combined more than 125 years ago made quite a comeback in Sochi.
KRASNAYA POLYANA, Russia - Ole Einar Bjoerndalen couldn't avoid being in the spotlight, certainly not after becoming the most decorated Winter Olympian of all time and receiving personal congratulations from the king.
KRASNAYA POLYANA, Russia - Pierre Vaultier stood atop the podium, feeling no pain from a knee held together by little more than a brace and cheek-biting grit.
SOCHI, Russia - South Korea won the women's Olympic short track 3,000-meter relay, passing China on the last lap to take the lead.
SOCHI, Russia - The International Olympic Committee on Tuesday defended the removal of an Italian gay rights activist from a Sochi arena, saying she was "escorted from there peacefully" and not detained.
SOCHI, Russia - Like rock stars or Brazilian soccer players, the top women figure skaters often are referred to by just their first names - Yuna, Mao, Carolina, Gracie - and Olympic success will only swell the ranks of their devoted followers.
SOCHI, Russia - Mao Asada is still trying triple axels.
SOCHI, Russia - Defending Olympic champion Yuna Kim of South Korea will skate 17th in a field of 30 in the short program Wednesday at the Sochi Games.
KRASNAYA POLYANA, Russia - So far, slalom world champion Mikaela Shiffrin has been watching the Sochi Olympics on TV from afar.
KRASNAYA POLYANA, Russia - With Norway losing for the first time since 2009, the women's 4x5-kilometer cross-country relay at the Sochi Olympics got an upset result.
KRASNAYA POLYANA, Russia - The super-G was running so extreme that seven of the opening eight racers slid, tumbled, careened and glided off the course, unable to finish.