- Blues invite Scott Gomez for tryout Updated: Aug-27-15 5:48 pm
ST. LOUIS - The St. Louis Blues invited veteran forward Scott Gomez to training camp for a tryout.
- LA Kings sign Russian D Damir Sharipzyanov to 3-year deal Updated: Aug-27-15 5:14 pm
EL SEGUNDO, California - The Los Angeles Kings have signed defenseman Damir Sharipzyanov to a three-year contract.
- NHL's Mike Richards charged with controlled substance Updated: Aug-27-15 4:22 pm
EMERSON, Manitoba - Mike Richards, an NHL free agent whose contract was terminated by the Los Angeles Kings, was charged with possession of a controlled substance.
- Blues' Patrik Berglund to undergo right shoulder surgery Updated: Aug-27-15 4:18 pm
ST. LOUIS - St. Louis Blues forward Patrik Berglund will undergo surgery on his right shoulder and will be evaluated in four months.
- Former Blackhawk forward Ron "Chico" Maki dies at 76 Updated: Aug-26-15 8:00 pm
TORONTO - Ron "Chico" Maki, a member of the Chicago Blackhawks 1961 Stanley Cup champions, has died. He was 76.
- Flames sign Mark Giordano to 6-year contract Updated: Aug-25-15 5:56 pm
CALGARY, Alberta - The Calgary Flames completed the top task on their summer to-do list by signing captain Mark Giordano to a six-year contract extension.
- 4 new specialty license plates available in Arizona Updated: Aug-25-15 6:19 am
PHOENIX - The Arizona Department of Transportation has begun offering four new specialty license plates for drivers who want to personalize their vehicles.
- Jacksonville Sharks advance to ArenaBowl Updated: Aug-23-15 10:12 pm
PHILADELPHIA - Tommy Grady threw five of his eight touchdown passes to Joe Hills and the Jacksonville Sharks beat the Philadelphia Soul 61-56 on Sunday night in the Arena Football League's American Conference championship game.
- LA Kings sign veteran D Christian Ehrhoff to 1-year deal Updated: Aug-23-15 4:54 pm
EL SEGUNDO, California - Veteran defenseman Christian Ehrhoff has agreed to a one-year contract with the Los Angeles Kings.
- Las Vegas, Quebec City advance in NHL expansion process Updated: Aug-21-15 7:09 pm
Las Vegas and Quebec City advanced to the third and final formal stage to land NHL expansion franchises.
- Wild assistant Darryl Sydor charged with drunken driving Updated: Aug-21-15 5:54 pm
MINNEAPOLIS - Minnesota Wild assistant coach Darryl Sydor was jailed on drunken-driving charges Friday after authorities said he became lost trying to take his 12-year-old son to a hockey tournament and ended up apologizing repeatedly to the weeping boy.
- 'Family first' for NHL All-Star Briere in retirement Updated: Aug-18-15 5:49 pm
VOORHEES, New Jersey - Danny Briere could have scraped by for one more NHL season, hung on as fourth-line center and provided veteran leadership for a team needing an extra push toward a Stanley Cup.
- Blackhawks prospect Danault has left hip surgery Updated: Aug-18-15 2:38 pm
CHICAGO - The Chicago Blackhawks say prospect Phillip Danault had surgery on his left hip and will be held out of hockey-related activities for four months.
- McDavid skates with Oilers teammate Taylor Hall for 1st time Updated: Aug-17-15 7:42 pm
TORONTO - Connor McDavid has finally started playing with his Edmonton Oilers teammates - well, at least two of them.
- Ducks sign veteran C Mike Santorelli for 1 year at $875,000 Updated: Aug-17-15 3:12 pm
ANAHEIM, California - Veteran center Mike Santorelli has agreed to a one-year, $875,000 deal with the Anaheim Ducks.
- Ducks sign new forward Hagelin for 4 years, $16 million Updated: Aug-14-15 4:54 pm
ANAHEIM, California - Carl Hagelin's patience has been rewarded with a big new contract from the Anaheim Ducks.
- EA Sports drops Patrick Kane from NHL 16 promotional plans Updated: Aug-12-15 9:09 pm
EA Sports dropped Chicago Blackhawks star Patrick Kane from promoting and appearing on the cover of its NHL 16 video game because he is under police investigation.
- Coyotes sign affiliation deal with ECHL's Rapid City Rush Updated: Aug-11-15 8:07 pm
GLENDALE, Arizona - The Arizona Coyotes signed a one-year affiliation agreement with the ECHL's Rapid City Rush on Tuesday.
- Blues' Jori Lehtera out 6 to 8 weeks after ankle surgery Updated: Aug-10-15 4:26 pm
ST. LOUIS - The St. Louis Blues said that forward Jori Lehtera will be sidelined for six to eight weeks after recent surgery on his right ankle.
- NHLPA files grievance over Richards' termination with Kings Updated: Aug-10-15 2:22 pm
LOS ANGELES - The NHL Players' Association has filed a grievance on behalf of center Mike Richards, contesting the termination of his contract by the Los Angeles Kings.
- Grievance filed over Mike Richards' contract termination Updated: Aug-10-15 2:15 pm
TORONTO - The NHL players' union has filed a grievance on behalf of Mike Richards against the Los Angeles Kings, contesting his contract termination.
- AP source: Kane investigation involves woman in her 20s Updated: Aug-10-15 9:57 am
BUFFALO, New York - A person familiar with the police investigation of Chicago Blackhawks star Patrick Kane tells The Associated Press that it involves something that happened between the player and a woman in her 20s.
- Geno Smith rebounds after early boos at Jets practice Updated: Aug-08-15 10:44 pm
EAST RUTHERFORD, New Jersey - The boos began when Geno Smith misfired on a pass early in practice.
- Ducks re-sign Silfverberg for 4 years, $15 million Updated: Aug-07-15 9:48 pm
ANAHEIM, California - Right wing Jakob Silfverberg agreed to a four-year, $15 million contract with the Anaheim Ducks on Friday.
- Coyotes sign defenseman Brandon Gormley to 1-year deal Updated: Aug-06-15 4:29 pm
GLENDALE, Arizona - The Arizona Coyotes signed defenseman Brandon Gormley to a one-year, two-way contract Thursday. Financial terms of the deal weren't disclosed.