- Dynamic Impact wins Illinois Derby in photo finish Updated: Apr-19-14 8:23 pm
- Blues beat Blackhawks 4-3 in OT, take 2-0 lead Updated: Apr-19-14 8:05 pm
- Stars home, ready for return of playoffs to Dallas Updated: Apr-19-14 7:02 pm
- Duchene not likely to play in Wild series Updated: Apr-19-14 2:53 pm
- Detroit gains home-ice advantage, tops Boston 1-0 Updated: Apr-19-14 3:15 am
- Ryan Getzlaf leads Ducks past Stars 3-2 in Game 2 Updated: Apr-19-14 1:57 am
- Datsyuk's late goal lifts Detroit over Boston 1-0 Updated: Apr-18-14 11:44 pm
- LA Kings stay calm after opening defensive debacle Updated: Apr-18-14 7:11 pm
- Hertl has impressive playoff debut for Sharks Updated: Apr-18-14 5:28 pm
- Hawks' Wirtz creates Northwestern endowment fund Updated: Apr-18-14 4:04 am
- Blues beat Blackhawks 4-3 in 3 OTs Updated: Apr-18-14 3:50 am
- Stastny leads Avs to 5-4 OT win over Wild Updated: Apr-18-14 3:05 am
- Stastny leads Avs to 5-4 OT win over Wild Updated: Apr-18-14 2:26 am
- Power briefly goes out ahead of Sharks-Kings game Updated: Apr-17-14 10:20 pm
- Oshie ruled out for Blues playoff opener Updated: Apr-17-14 5:17 pm
- Mitchell, Sarich out for Avs vs. Wild Updated: Apr-17-14 2:36 pm
- Anaheim Ducks hold off Stars 4-3 in series opener Updated: Apr-17-14 3:53 am
- Winnipeg signs coach Paul Maurice to 4-year deal Updated: Apr-16-14 8:51 pm
- Couple makes face paint for wild turkey hunters Updated: Apr-16-14 7:17 pm
- Bluesman apologizes for St. Louis concert gone bad Updated: Apr-16-14 12:13 pm
- Torres uncertain for playoff opener Updated: Apr-15-14 6:50 pm
- Wild expect to put Granlund back in lineup vs. Avs Updated: Apr-15-14 6:24 pm
- Oshie, Morrow practice for Blues Updated: Apr-15-14 5:24 pm
- GM says coach change 'wake-up call' for Predators Updated: Apr-14-14 7:33 pm
- Burke: Tortorella should 'keep his mouth shut' Updated: Apr-14-14 7:27 pm
STICKNEY, Illinois - Dynamic Impact ran down 2-5 favorite Midnight Hawk in the stretch to win the $500,000 Illinois Derby by a nose at Hawthorne Race Course on Saturday.
ST. LOUIS - Vladimir Tarasenko and St. Louis were in trouble Saturday before a vicious hit by Chicago defenseman Brent Seabrook provided an opening for the Blues.
DALLAS - The Dallas Stars are back home after a week on the road, where they lost twice to Anaheim to start a first-round playoff series.
ANAHEIM, California - Ryan Getzlaf wore the strain all over his exhausted face. In the past 51 hours or so, he had taken a slap shot to the jaw, attended the birth of his third child and propelled the Anaheim Ducks to two gritty playoff victories.
BOSTON - The Boston Bruins worked all season to get home-ice advantage throughout the playoffs.
EL SEGUNDO, California - Jonathan Quick realizes that even the NHL's best defensive team is powerless against a few bad bounces of the puck.
CHICAGO - Chicago Blackhawks Chairman Rocky Wirtz and his wife Marilyn are creating an endowment fund for Northwestern University's theater program.
ST. LOUIS - In the first period, Ryan Miller looked like the goalie who limped home 0-5. For the final 80 minutes, 26 seconds, the St. Louis Blues saw the cool, confident backstop they acquired to make the deep playoff run they've long sought.
DENVER - Paul Stastny sweated out the trade deadline, wondering if his big, expiring contract and Colorado's desire to beef up its blue line might lead to his departure from Denver.
DENVER - Patrick Roy showed as much boldness behind the bench as he once did as a Hall of Fame goaltender.
ST. LOUIS - The St. Louis Blues have ruled out forward T.J. Oshie for their playoff opener against the Chicago Blackhawks, but Vladimir Tarasenko is set to return after missing 15 games with a broken thumb.
WINNIPEG, Manitoba - Coach Paul Maurice has been given a four-year extension by the Winnipeg Jets.
RED WING, Minnesota - You could call it man makeup.
ST. LOUIS - Blues guitarist B.B. King wants his St. Louis fans to give him another chance after an erratic performance led to a stream of audience catcalls and early departures.
SAN JOSE, California - Raffi Torres is making progress but it's still unclear whether he'll play for the San Jose Sharks in their playoff opener Thursday night against the Los Angeles Kings.
ST. LOUIS - The St. Louis Blues are getting closer to the lineup that set a franchise record for victories and challenged for first place overall, instead of the patchwork roster that lost six in a row to finish the regular season.
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - General manager David Poile hopes he sent the strongest message possible by making the first coaching change in Nashville's history: missing the playoffs is not acceptable for the Predators.