- Dyke's reaction sums up England feelings Updated: Dec-07-13 9:42 am
- What they said about the World Cup draw Updated: Dec-06-13 5:34 pm
- World Cup draw: the strong, the weak, the lucky Updated: Dec-06-13 4:53 pm
- Uruguay earns 32nd and final World Cup berth Updated: Nov-20-13 8:20 pm
- Uruguay becomes final team to qualify for WCup Updated: Nov-20-13 8:20 pm
- France, Portugal reach World Cup Updated: Nov-20-13 11:37 am
LONDON - By slowly running a finger across his throat in mock fear, the head of English football appeared to sum up his nation's gloomy view of England chances at next year's World Cup in Brazil.
COSTA DO SAUIPE, Brazil - Coaches and players were quick to react to Friday's World Cup draw. The following is a selection.
Who wound up in difficult groups and who got away easy from Friday's World Cup draw (average world ranking for four teams in parentheses):
MONTEVIDEO, Uruguay - Uruguay claimed the 32nd and final berth at next year's World Cup, tying Jordan 0-0 Wednesday night for a 5-0 aggregate win in the South American-Asian playoff.
MONTEVIDEO, Uruguay - Uruguay claimed the 32nd and final place at next year's World Cup in Brazil with a 0-0 draw against Jordan in the second leg of an intercontinental playoff Wednesday.
Cristiano Ronaldo scored a dazzling hat trick to lift Portugal into next year's World Cup at the expense of Zlatan Ibrahimovic's Sweden, and France came back in remarkable fashion to overtake Ukraine for a berth in the 32-nation field for next year's tournament in Brazil.