- Providence adjusting from latest bite from injury bug Updated: Feb-04-16 5:22 pm
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - You'll have to pardon Providence coach Ed Cooley if he doesn't seemed too panicked about having his top player on the training table days before the 11th-ranked Friars' biggest home game of the season.
- Providence's Bentil listed as day-to-day after ankle injury Updated: Feb-04-16 2:18 pm
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - Providence coach Ed Cooley says forward Ben Bentil is day-to-day after sustaining a right ankle injury.
- Hot-shooting No. 3 Villanova takes down Creighton 83-58 Updated: Feb-03-16 11:31 pm
VILLANOVA, Pennsylvania - With its senior center out of for a second straight game with a concussion, No. 3 Villanova knew it would have to rely on outside shooting.
- Whitehead scores 21, Seton Hall downs Marquette 79-62 Updated: Feb-03-16 11:14 pm
NEWARK, New Jersey - Isaiah Whitehead scored 21 points and made eight assists and Seton Hall beat Marquette 79-62 on Wednesday night to win its third-straight game.
- Trevon Bluiett leads No. 6 Xavier over St. John's 90-83 Updated: Feb-03-16 9:33 pm
CINCINNATI - The 20th win may have come fast, but it wasn't fancy.
- Dunn, No. 11 Providence lose 77-70 at DePaul Updated: Feb-03-16 1:12 am
ROSEMONT, Illinois - Ben Bentil's breakout season for No. 11 Providence took a painful turn when he hurt his right ankle in the first half against DePaul on Tuesday night.
- Henry powers DePaul past No. 11 Providence 77-70 Updated: Feb-03-16 12:53 am
ROSEMONT, Illinois - Rashaun Stimage was standing right behind DePaul coach Dave Leitao when he slapped the floor a couple of times and yelled as the final seconds ticked off. Leitao kept his eyes on the court until it was all over.
- Martin scores career-high 35, Butler beats Georgetown 87-76 Updated: Feb-02-16 11:47 pm
INDIANAPOLIS - Butler's basketball players came up big for "Little Em" on Tuesday night.
- Marquette digs in after losing big lead, beats Stetson 74-60 Updated: Jan-27-16 11:37 pm
MILWAUKEE - Jajuan Johnson tied a career high with 22 points on Wednesday night and Marquette lost most of its 26-point halftime lead but held on for a 74-60 nonconference win over Stetson.
- Jones leads Butler past DePaul 67-53 Updated: Jan-27-16 10:01 pm
INDIANAPOLIS - Roosevelt Jones scored 23 points and Butler defeated DePaul 67-53 on Wednesday night.
- Seton Hall keeps St. John's winless in Big East 79-60 Updated: Jan-27-16 9:32 pm
NEWARK, New Jersey - Angel Delgado had 15 points and 17 rebounds - both season highs- and Seton Hall beat St. John's 79-60 on Wednesday night for the Pirates' second victory in the series since 2012.
- Big 2nd half lifts No. 7 Xavier over No. 10 Providence 75-68 Updated: Jan-27-16 12:01 am
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - It's been a long time since Xavier was able to earn a Top 10 victory away from home.
- Georgetown storms back to beat Creighton 74-73 Updated: Jan-26-16 9:12 pm
WASHINGTON - D'Vauntes Smith-Rivera scored 19 points, including two key free throws with 6.2 seconds left, to help Georgetown rally past Creighton 74-73 on Tuesday night.
- Marquette's Ellenson, Wisonsin's Happ win freshmen honors Updated: Jan-25-16 5:49 pm
MILWAUKEE - Freshmen big men for Marquette and Wisconsin have been honored by their respective leagues following productive weeks.
- Big East looks like beast, NCAA Tournament to tell tale Updated: Jan-25-16 3:38 pm
OMAHA, Nebraska - When the Big East underwent its metamorphosis in 2013 and returned to its basketball-centric roots, the question was whether the conference could recapture the magic of its heyday.
- Seton Hall star and Hall of Famer Bobby Wanzer dies at 94 Updated: Jan-25-16 1:14 pm
PITTSFORD, New York - Hall of Famer Bobby Wanzer, who starred at point guard for Seton Hall in the 1940s and led the Rochester Royals to their only NBA championship, has died.
- Winthrop cruises past Longwood 82-68 Updated: Jan-24-16 7:07 pm
FARMVILLE, Virginia - Xavier Cooks scored 19 points, grabbed 10 rebounds and made five assists and Winthrop ran away from Longwood in the first half to win 82-68 on Sunday.
- Wilson with 17 points, Marquette holds off St. John's 78-73 Updated: Jan-24-16 6:50 pm
NEW YORK - In the midst of the worst losing streak in school history, St. John's showed fight in its 10th straight loss.
- Bentil, No. 16 Providence beat No. 4 Villanova 82-76 in OT Updated: Jan-24-16 6:05 pm
PHILADELPHIA - Kris Dunn put his trust in his Providence teammates and they came through - especially Ben Bentil.
- Cold shooting sinks No. 18 Butler in 72-64 loss to Creighton Updated: Jan-23-16 11:36 pm
OMAHA, Nebraska - That 11-1 start seems like a long time ago for Butler.
- Maurice Watson scores 20, Creighton tops No. 18 Butler 72-64 Updated: Jan-23-16 11:13 pm
OMAHA, Nebraska - Creighton finally found out what it's like to win a close game.
- Snow sacks Marquette-St. John's basketball game Updated: Jan-23-16 5:54 pm
NEW YORK - The men's basketball game between St. John's and Marquette at Madison Square Garden on Saturday has been postponed because of the blizzard pummeling New York City.
- James Farr leads No. 5 Xavier over Seton Hall 84-76 Updated: Jan-23-16 4:56 pm
CINCINNATI - James Farr is already thinking about the end, and he wants to make sure it's memorable.
- Purvis lifts UConn to 68-62 win over Georgetown Updated: Jan-23-16 4:19 pm
HARTFORD, Connecticut - Rodney Purvis was never part of the old Big East, but he now has a place in the history of the UConn-Georgetown rivalry.
- No. 4 Villanova edges Seton Hall on layup by Arcidiacono Updated: Jan-21-16 1:29 am
NEWARK, New Jersey - Even on those rare nights when No. 4 Villanova struggles, coach Jay Wright can count on his seniors.