- Roma struggles defensively again; Juve wins 4th straight Updated: Nov-29-15 4:44 pm
ROME - Five days after a humiliating 6-1 rout by Barcelona in the Champions League, Roma's defensive deficiencies were highlighted again in an alarming 2-0 loss at home to Atalanta in Serie A on Sunday.
- Italy great Dino Zoff hospitalized with viral infection Updated: Nov-28-15 3:49 pm
ROME - Former World Cup-winning goalkeeper Dino Zoff says his condition is improving after three weeks in the hospital for a viral infection.
- Napoli forward Higuain following in Maradona's footsteps Updated: Nov-26-15 6:59 am
MILAN - Napoli forward Gonzalo Higuain will have an added incentive in his side's top-of-the-table clash at home to Inter Milan on Monday.
- Ibrahimovic scores on CL return to Malmo, Juve beats City Updated: Nov-25-15 6:36 pm
PARIS - Zlatan Ibrahimovic celebrated his return to his first senior club with a goal as Paris Saint-Germain advanced to the knockout phase of the Champions League on Wednesday while Juventus claimed top spot to qualify from Group D with a 1-0 win over Manchester City.
- Juventus beats Man City 1-0 to join it in knockout stage Updated: Nov-25-15 5:46 pm
TURIN, Italy - Juventus advanced to the knockout stages of the Champions League and moved above Manchester City into top spot in Group D, with a 1-0 win over the Premier League side on Wednesday.
- Juventus midfielder Hernanes out for 3 weeks with injury Updated: Nov-23-15 2:43 pm
TURIN, Italy - Juventus midfielder Hernanes will be sidelined for nearly a month with a thigh injury, ruling him out Wednesday's Champions League match at home against Manchester City.
- Security tight for Juventus-AC Milan match in Turin Updated: Nov-20-15 1:59 pm
ROME - It's been quite a week for Juventus players Patrice Evra, Paul Pogba and Sami Khedira, who were all on international duty when explosions occurred outside the Stade de France a week ago.
- Stadiums on red alert as football resumes after Paris terror Updated: Nov-19-15 11:31 am
PARIS - Fear and trepidation, rather than excitement and thrills, may grip fans when Europe's domestic soccer leagues resume this weekend in the wake of deadly terror attacks in Paris.
- Minister: Heysel-type tragedy avoided at Stade de France Updated: Nov-17-15 1:24 pm
PARIS - Security officials at the Stade de France were praised by French sports minister Patrick Kanner on Tuesday for foiling bombers and preventing a major tragedy last week.
- Okaka and Cerci among recalls for Italy friendlies Updated: Nov-08-15 5:39 pm
MILAN - Italy coach Antonio Conte has recalled Stefano Okaka and Alessio Cerci, as well as Juventus midfielder Claudio Marchisio to his 28-man squad for upcoming friendlies against Belgium and Romania.
- France coach Deschamps leaves out Valbuena amid Benzema case Updated: Nov-05-15 10:05 am
PARIS - France coach Didier Deschamps left out winger Mathieu Valbuena for friendly matches against Germany and England amid an ongoing police investigation involving international teammate Karim Benzema.
- 10-man Juventus draws 1-1 at Gladbach in Champions League Updated: Nov-03-15 4:52 pm
MOENCHENGLADBACH, Germany - Stephan Lichtsteiner scored one month after undergoing heart surgery as 10-man Juventus closed in on a spot in the second round of the Champions League with a 1-1 draw at Borussia Moenchengladbach on Tuesday.
- Moenchengladbach hopes for 1st Champions League win Updated: Nov-02-15 6:35 am
FRANKFURT, Germany - Borussia Moenchengladbach has known nothing but victories in domestic competitions ever since Andre Schubert became caretaker coach following the resignation of Lucien Favre. If only some of that form could rub off in the Champions League.