- Ex-Chicago Bulls player Brunson acquitted of sexual abuse Updated: May-30-15 11:06 am
VERNON HILLS, Illinois - Former Chicago Bulls player Rick Brunson has been acquitted of charges he sexually abused a massage therapist at a Vernon Hills fitness center.
- Magic hire former player Scott Skiles as head coach Updated: May-29-15 8:26 pm
ORLANDO, Florida - The next chapter in Orlando Magic basketball will be led by one of its most familiar faces.
- LeBron on stopping him or Stephen Curry: "You can't" Updated: May-29-15 6:29 pm
INDEPENDENCE, Ohio - With a week to get ready for the NBA Finals, the Cavaliers have a check list of things to get done before Game 1.
- No deals yet on Bucks arena, highway funding Updated: May-29-15 2:20 pm
MADISON, Wisconsin - Republicans who control the Wisconsin Legislature don't have deals yet on financing a new arena for the Milwaukee Bucks or highway funding.
- And now, we wait: Cavs and Warriors get time to rest Updated: May-28-15 8:21 pm
- Chicago Bulls fire coach Tom Thibodeau, cite lack of trust Updated: May-28-15 6:26 pm
CHICAGO - In five seasons under Tom Thibodeau, the Chicago Bulls soared to heights they had not reached since Michael Jordan and Scottie Pippen were collecting championships.
- Obama: TX, OK storms a reminder to prepare for disasters Updated: May-28-15 5:57 pm
MIAMI - President Barack Obama said Thursday that deadly flooding in Texas and Oklahoma is a reminder that the U.S. needs to toughen its response to the effects of natural disasters. He said climate change is affecting both the pace and intensity of storms.
- Walker supports key parts of reported Bucks arena deal Updated: May-28-15 2:12 pm
PORTAGE, Wisconsin - Gov. Scott Walker spoke in favor Thursday of key elements of a reported deal fora new $500 million arena for the Milwaukee Bucks that includes raising taxes on Milwaukee County hotel rooms and rental cars.
- Hawks point to bright future even after playoff rout by Cavs Updated: May-27-15 10:53 pm
ATLANTA - The season didn't end like they wanted.
- LeBron, Cavaliers earn NBA Finals spot by sweeping Hawks Updated: May-27-15 12:59 am
CLEVELAND - LeBron James knew what he left behind when he bolted to Miami five years ago.
- Hawks' season crashes with sweep by Cavaliers Updated: May-27-15 12:31 am
CLEVELAND - A season unlike any other for Atlanta ended suddenly, stunningly, painfully.
- Kyrie Irving back for Cavs, will start Game 4 Updated: May-26-15 8:18 pm
CLEVELAND - Cavaliers All-Star point guard Kyrie Irving will start Game 4 of the Eastern Conference finals after missing two games with a sore left knee.
- Hawks' Kyle Korver out for the playoffs with sprained ankle Updated: May-23-15 4:32 pm
ATLANTA - Already facing a daunting task after losing the first two games at home in the Eastern Conference final, the Atlanta Hawks were dealt another major blow Saturday when 3-point specialist Kyle Korver was ruled out for the rest of the playoffs because of a severely sprained right ankle.
- James leads Cavs to 94-82 win over Hawks, 2-0 series lead Updated: May-23-15 12:23 am
ATLANTA - Forget the Big Three.
- Hawks lose Korver to right ankle sprain against Cavs Updated: May-22-15 10:43 pm
- Hawks' DeMarre Carroll starts vs. Cavaliers in Game 2 Updated: May-22-15 8:26 pm
- In this generation, 3-pointers are paramount in the playoffs Updated: May-22-15 2:38 am
Those notable names of the past, the ones still insisting that NBA playoff offenses must pound the ball inside, have been awfully quiet this week.
- Hawks' Carroll avoids serious injury, listed as questionable Updated: May-21-15 7:41 pm
ATLANTA - An MRI on DeMarre Carroll's left knee showed no structural damage, and he hopes to play for Atlanta in Friday night's Game 2 against Cleveland in the Eastern Conference finals, Carroll's agent said Thursday.
- Bucks sticking to long-term plan with draft approaching Updated: May-20-15 6:06 pm
ST. FRANCIS, Wisconsin - The Milwaukee Bucks plan to stick with a slow and steady approach to constructing a consistently successful team.
- For Cleveland and Atlanta, plenty of sports lowlights Updated: May-20-15 3:21 am
ATLANTA - On the sports misery index, Atlanta and Cleveland are hard to beat.
- Best shot: J.R. Smith making most of fresh start with Cavs Updated: May-20-15 2:37 am
INDEPENDENCE, Ohio - J.R. Smith barely has as an inch of skin not covered by tattoos, offering a colorful timeline of the enigmatic Cleveland shooting guard's life.
- Cavs' Irving has "light" workout before Game 1 Updated: May-19-15 2:58 pm
INDEPENDENCE, Ohio - Cavaliers All-Star guard Kyrie Irving had a "light, but good" practice a day before Cleveland opens the Eastern Conference finals in Atlanta.
- Former NBA player Julius Hodge joins Buffalo staff Updated: May-18-15 7:20 pm
BUFFALO, New York - From NBA first-round draft pick to playing in Vietnam and many points in between, Julius Hodge is prepared to start his post-professional basketball career at the University at Buffalo.
- Cavs' Irving sits out practice, status for Game 1 uncertain Updated: May-16-15 10:35 pm
INDEPENDENCE, Ohio - LeBron James should have had a stethoscope hanging around his neck as he reeled off the latest medical updates on him and his teammates.
- Cavaliers push through injuries on path to Eastern finals Updated: May-15-15 10:14 pm
CLEVELAND - LeBron James sat in his usual middle seat at the postgame podium talking about another playoff win, one moving him closer to another NBA championship.