- Another GOP lawmaker backs drilling industry tax Updated: Apr-15-14 4:26 pm
- Corbett signs 4 more child-abuse prevention bills Updated: Apr-15-14 12:49 pm
- Proposed changes to Pa. distressed-city law aired Updated: Apr-10-14 5:41 pm
- Pennsylvania House speaker says senator needs help Updated: Apr-10-14 10:28 am
- Bill pays for lawyers to help Pennsylvania poor Updated: Apr-08-14 6:07 pm
- Judge OKs ailing ex-lawmaker to return to Pa. Updated: Apr-04-14 3:08 pm
- Wagner, elected to York district, joins Pa. Senate Updated: Apr-02-14 3:29 pm
- Pennsylvania charter school sports draws debate Updated: Apr-01-14 5:34 pm
- Pro-marijuana supporters rally in Pa. Capitol Updated: Mar-31-14 12:30 pm
- W. Pa. lawmaker backs Sunshine Act updates Updated: Mar-29-14 1:19 pm
- Miller quits GOP primary for Wagner's Senate seat Updated: Mar-26-14 2:53 pm
- Pa. Senate OKs bill to help schools with snow days Updated: Mar-19-14 5:24 pm
- Report: Pa. fish, game merger would save millions Updated: Mar-19-14 12:40 pm
- Pa. lawmakers OK protective orders in sex cases Updated: Mar-18-14 6:17 pm
- Petition of potential Corbett foe is challenged Updated: Mar-18-14 6:07 pm
- Pa. hunting agency agrees to demand for changes Updated: Mar-18-14 5:26 pm
- Pa. House moves to clarify what happens to remains Updated: Mar-18-14 5:19 pm
- Pa. House stiffens penalty for killing police dog Updated: Mar-18-14 5:19 pm
- Pa. House panel OKs bill on gas drilling royalties Updated: Mar-17-14 6:22 pm
HARRISBURG, Pennsylvania - Another Republican state lawmaker in the Republican-controlled Legislature is lining up behind a proposal to impose a new tax on Pennsylvania's booming natural gas industry.
HARRISBURG, Pennsylvania - Four more bills spurred by the Jerry Sandusky and Roman Catholic clergy child sexual abuse scandals are now law in Pennsylvania.
HARRISBURG, Pennsylvania - The first proposed update of Pennsylvania's distressed-municipality law since it was passed in 1987 drew wide-ranging testimony Thursday about not only the law but the financial pressures facing the state's cities and towns.
HARRISBURG, Pennsylvania - Pennsylvania House Speaker Sam Smith says he hopes a state senator who was asked to leave a Harrisburg bar after confronting him there gets help for her problems.
HARRISBURG, Pennsylvania - A Pennsylvania state senator said the chamber took a first step Tuesday toward trying to change Pennsylvania's status as the only state government that has never helped the poor get lawyers to defend them in criminal cases.
WILKES-BARRE, Pennsylvania - A federal judge has ruled that an ailing former northeastern Pennsylvania senator in prison on corruption charges can return home for an examination by his own doctors.
HARRISBURG, Pennsylvania - The owner of a York-based trash hauler is Pennsylvania's newest state senator after battling his own party for a write-in victory.
HARRISBURG, Pennsylvania - A proposal to limit sports programs at charter schools in Pennsylvania drew indignation from charter school advocates at a legislative meeting Tuesday.
HARRISBURG, Pennsylvania - A few hundred people who want the state to change its marijuana laws - for a variety of reasons - took their campaign to the Pennsylvania Capitol on Monday with a two-hour rally.
PITTSBURGH - A western Pennsylvania lawmaker is supporting legislation that would restrict what publicly funded agencies can talk about in private.
HARRISBURG, Pennsylvania - A candidate backed by the Republican Party establishment who lost a state Senate seat to a write-in candidate is dropping out of the race for a full Senate term.
HARRISBURG, Pennsylvania - Pennsylvania's public schools are closer to getting more flexibility in making up snow days after a vote in Harrisburg.
HARRISBURG, Pennsylvania - A new legislative study says merging Pennsylvania's Fish and Boat Commission with the Game Commission could save nearly $5 million annually in personnel costs.
HARRISBURG, Pennsylvania - A bill headed to the desk of Gov. Tom Corbett would give victims of sexual violence the ability to ask a judge for a protective order against their alleged attackers.
HARRISBURG, Pennsylvania - A group of Republican voters supported by the state GOP filed an 11th-hour challenge to the nomination petition of conservative activist Bob Guzzardi on Tuesday in an effort to keep him off the May 20 primary ballot and give Gov. Tom Corbett a clear path to the nomination.
HARRISBURG, Pennsylvania - The Pennsylvania Game Commission wasted no time Tuesday agreeing to comply with demands by Gov. Tom Corbett and several high-ranking state lawmakers to reverse some recent decisions and adopt a new policy on outside work by employees.
HARRISBURG, Pennsylvania - A bill is on its way to the state Senate to clarify what should happen when surviving family members can't agree on what to do about their dead relative's remains.
HARRISBURG, Pennsylvania - A proposal to make killing or torturing a police dog a second-degree felony, a bill prompted by the stabbing death in January of Pittsburgh police dog Rocco, was unanimously approved Tuesday by the Pennsylvania state House.
HARRISBURG, Pennsylvania - A bill that would limit the ability of natural gas exploration companies to deduct costs before paying royalties to Pennsylvania landowners has the approval of a state House committee.