- Cops: NY trooper uses Taser to save man on bridge Updated: Mar-11-14 6:25 am
- Donald Trump headlining upstate NY GOP event Updated: Mar-11-14 3:04 am
- Rochester teachers union sues over evaluations Updated: Mar-10-14 3:35 pm
- NY Troopers: Man crashes, dies in high-speed chase Updated: Mar-09-14 12:55 pm
- GOP candidate Astorino tried marijuana in college Updated: Mar-07-14 5:50 pm
- NY fines CSX $10,000 over 2 oil train derailments Updated: Mar-05-14 5:57 pm
- GOP county official announces run for NY governor Updated: Mar-05-14 11:05 am
- NYS trooper official starter of St. Pat's parade Updated: Mar-03-14 7:11 am
- Audit: NYC students don't get full arts education Updated: Mar-01-14 8:39 am
- NY health contractor accused of stealing money Updated: Feb-28-14 2:43 pm
- NY AG settles with pharmacy over kickback claims Updated: Feb-28-14 2:25 pm
- Judge hears opinions on Attica report unsealing Updated: Feb-27-14 1:37 pm
- Former NY policeman convicted of sex abuse Updated: Feb-21-14 11:20 am
- NY settles probe of generic drug manufacturers Updated: Feb-20-14 3:07 am
- AG warning New Yorkers about Microsoft scam Updated: Feb-19-14 3:06 am
- NY trooper involved in head-on crash is OK Updated: Feb-19-14 3:05 am
- Conn., MTA agree on review before electrical work Updated: Feb-17-14 6:40 pm
- Schneiderman backs bill to limit voter challenges Updated: Feb-15-14 9:07 am
- AG settles complaint vs. NY abortion-rights leader Updated: Feb-14-14 2:05 pm
- Westbound NY Thruway lanes open after truck crash Updated: Feb-14-14 10:29 am
- Marketer said to have bilked NY parade of $1M Updated: Feb-13-14 9:22 pm
- NY officials: Agreement for $8B Medicaid waiver Updated: Feb-13-14 8:41 pm
- Farm owner arrested in NY cockfighting bust Updated: Feb-12-14 5:23 pm
- NY attorney general has eye on derelict houses Updated: Feb-11-14 5:41 pm
- NY cemetery chief accused of $2M embezzlement Updated: Feb-10-14 5:06 pm
ALBANY, New York - State police say a trooper had to use a stun gun to subdue a distraught man threatening to jump off a bridge over the Hudson River in Albany.
SYRACUSE, New York - New York City real estate mogul Donald Trump is set to head upstate for a Republican Party event.
ROCHESTER, New York - The Rochester teachers union is suing the state and school district over state-mandated performance reviews.
NIAGARA FALLS, New York - State police say a 30-year-old man has died after crashing his car while speeding away from pursuing officers.
ALBANY, New York - Republican gubernatorial candidate Rob Astorino said Friday he smoked a couple of joints in college - but that was last time he used marijuana.
ALBANY, New York - The New York state Department of Transportation has fined CSX Railroad $10,000, saying it failed to report two oil train derailments within an hour of when they happened as required by state law.
ALBANY, New York - A top county official from New York City's northern suburbs is officially launching his uphill fight to unseat New York Democratic Gov. Andrew Cuomo.
NEW YORK - A New York State trooper has been selected to be the official starter for New York City's St. Patrick's Day Parade.
ALBANY, New York - An audit done by the New York state comptroller's office has found that many high school students in New York City aren't getting enough arts education.
ALBANY, New York - Authorities say a state health department contractor has been accused of padding his bills and stealing more than $87,000.
ALBANY, New York - A national long-term care pharmacy accused of accepting kickbacks from a drug manufacturer has agreed to a settlement of more than $4 million, with New York getting a share of the money.
BUFFALO, New York - The widow of the state police captain who gave the command to retake the Attica prison from rioting inmates in 1971 says unsealing investigative documents now would be unfair, but others say it's time, for the sake of history, to let the public see them.
ITHACA, New York - A retired New York state police investigator who once served on a sex abuse task force has been convicted of sexual abuse.
ALBANY, New York - New York's attorney general has announced a settlement with generic drug manufacturers Ranbaxy Pharmaceuticals and Teva Pharmaceuticals USA intended to ensure they don't collude to restrict competition.
ALBANY, New York - Attorney General Eric Schneiderman is issuing a warning that scam artists posing as Microsoft representatives are targeting New Yorkers for credit card information.
PULASKI, New York - New York authorities are investigating a head-on crash in northern New York involving a state police-owned sedan.
HARTFORD, Connecticut - The Metropolitan Transportation Authority and the state have agreed to establish an independent review of projects before work is done on power or electrical lines to avoid outages similar to a major disruption last September on the Metro-North Railroad.
ALBANY, New York - New York Attorney General Eric Schneiderman is pushing legislation intended to limit baseless challenges to voter eligibility at the polls on Election Day.
ALBANY, New York - The New York attorney general's office has reached a $20,000 settlement with the ex-leader of an abortion-rights group who was accused of spending charitable funds on personal items.
ROTTERDAM, New York - Traffic is moving again on the New York State Thruway's westbound lanes after they were shut down by a jackknifed tractor-trailer outside Albany.
NEW YORK - A self-serving fundraiser bilked the Puerto Rican Day Parade, the nation's foremost Puerto Rican heritage celebration, out of $1 million amid organizers' lax oversight, the state attorney general said Thursday in announcing a major management shake-up four months before the next parade.
ALBANY, New York - New York reached an agreement Thursday with federal officials for a waiver that would allow the state to reinvest $8 billion in Medicaid savings that officials say will be used to support hospitals and improve health care.
ALBANY, New York - New York's attorney general says the owner of the Ulster County farm where fighting roosters were raised has been arrested in Florida.
ALBANY, New York - New York's attorney general is drafting legislation that would deal with abandoned houses by having mortgage lenders take responsibility for them sooner.
ALBANY, New York - New York's attorney general has accused the former acting president of the nonprofit United Hebrew Cemetery on Staten Island of embezzling $2 million.