- Crash kills 2 in western Kansas Updated: Apr-19-14 3:40 pm
- Kansas high court opposes judicial budget Updated: Apr-19-14 12:52 pm
- Former Kansas lawmaker killed in ultralight crash Updated: Apr-18-14 6:58 pm
- Kansas governor signs technical abortion changes Updated: Apr-18-14 5:04 pm
- Governor lets SE Kansas casino bill become law Updated: Apr-18-14 4:07 pm
- Kansas patrol led on 65-mile chase on interstate Updated: Apr-17-14 12:35 pm
- 2 Oklahoma women die in Kansas Turnpike accident Updated: Apr-16-14 7:28 am
- Former Kansas social services chief Harder dies Updated: Apr-15-14 6:05 pm
- Praeger, Kansas groups urge health compact veto Updated: Apr-15-14 1:47 pm
- Kansas court furloughs possible under new budget Updated: Apr-14-14 11:53 am
- Feds to probe hate crimes link in Kansas shootings Updated: Apr-14-14 11:16 am
- Analysis: Kansas poised to end K-12 teacher tenure Updated: Apr-13-14 10:25 am
- Topeka dad, daughter killed in crash Updated: Apr-12-14 1:38 pm
- Kansas Supreme Court sets aside 'Hard 50' sentence Updated: Apr-11-14 4:28 pm
- Mo. Senate wants Kansas City to host Super Bowl Updated: Apr-11-14 5:05 am
- Highway patrol 'Tweeting Troopers' post tips Updated: Apr-10-14 12:01 pm
- Kansas GOP leader defends plan on teacher tenure Updated: Apr-09-14 9:17 pm
- Mo. House roll call on right to work legislation Updated: Apr-09-14 4:25 pm
- Mo. House roll call on transportation sales tax Updated: Apr-09-14 12:53 pm
- Neb. water sustainability bill sent to final vote Updated: Apr-08-14 8:55 pm
- Kansas lawmakers OK tougher Medicaid fraud law Updated: Apr-08-14 5:04 am
- Costs spurred Kansas school policy changes Updated: Apr-07-14 5:28 pm
- Attorneys concerned about Kansas school package Updated: Apr-07-14 3:16 pm
- Man arrested after chase, standoff in Hutchinson Updated: Apr-07-14 7:29 am
- Kansas lawmakers back school funding, tenure plan Updated: Apr-06-14 11:26 pm
HAYS, Kansas - Two people have been killed in a two-vehicle crash in western Kansas.
TOPEKA, Kansas - The Kansas Supreme Court has criticized a judicial budget that ties funding to policy changes and was signed recently by Gov. Sam Brownback.
HILLSBORO, Kansas - A former six-term Kansas House member died Friday following an ultralight plane crash near his hometown, authorities said.
TOPEKA, Kansas - Kansas Gov. Sam Brownback has signed abortion legislation addressing legal issues raised in state and federal lawsuits filed by abortion providers.
TOPEKA, Kansas - Gov. Sam Brownback is making it easier for the state to bring a casino to southeast Kansas, despite his personal qualms about expanding legalized gambling.
ABILENE, Kansas - The Kansas Highway Patrol says troopers were led on a 65-mile chase on the interstate before the driver was arrested.
WICHITA, Kansas - Two women from Oklahoma died when their car collided with a pickup truck driven by a man going the wrong way on the Kansas Turnpike.
TOPEKA, Kansas - Robert C. Harder, a former Kansas legislator who helped create the agency that became the state Department for Children and Families, has died from a brain tumor, his family said. He was 84.
TOPEKA, Kansas - Republican Insurance Commissioner Sandy Praeger and several health care organizations urged Gov. Sam Brownback on Tuesday to veto legislation that would allow Kansas to join a multistate health care compact.
TOPEKA, Kansas - State court officials are unsure whether a Kansas budget approved this year by the Legislature will allow them to avoid furloughs for employees, while still providing additional funding for operations and a new document system.
WASHINGTON - Attorney General Eric Holder ordered a Justice Department investigation Monday into whether federal hate crimes were committed in shootings at two Jewish facilities in Kansas that killed three people.
TOPEKA, Kansas - Republican Gov. Sam Brownback is all but certain to resist pressure to veto a proposal that would end tenure for public school teachers, approved by the Legislature as part of a court-mandated education funding plan.
BENNINGTON, Kansas - The Kansas Highway Patrol says a Topeka a man and his 18-year-old daughter have been killed in a head-on collision.
TOPEKA, Kansas - The Kansas Supreme Court has reversed the "Hard 50" murder sentence of a Wichita man but refused to rule whether changes made by legislators to the law in 2013 can be applied.
JEFFERSON CITY, Missouri - A task force would be charged with trying to bring the Super Bowl to Kansas City under a resolution passed by the Missouri Senate.
HUTCHINSON, Kansas - A group of seven Kansas Highway Patrol officers called the Tweeting Troopers is discovering the power of social media to spread information during storms, traffic obstructions or simply to post educational messages.
TOPEKA, Kansas - A top Kansas Republican sought Wednesday to quell criticism of a proposal to eliminate tenure for public school teachers approved by the Legislature as part of a court-mandated school funding plan, suggesting the anti-tenure measure is not as harsh as portrayed.
JEFFERSON CITY, Missouri - The 78-68 roll call Wednesday by which the Missouri House gave first-round approval to legislation that would prohibit labor contracts from requiring that all employees pay union fees as a condition of employment, regardless of whether workers are union members.
JEFFERSON CITY, Missouri - The 96-53 roll call Wednesday by which the Missouri House voted to send the Senate legislation that would, upon voter approval, impose a 1-cent sales tax increase for transportation funding.
LINCOLN, Nebraska - A bill designed to prepare Nebraska for floods, water shortages and water quality problems was sent Tuesday to a final vote in the Legislature.
TOPEKA, Kansas - Kansas Attorney General Derek Schmidt is praising legislators for unanimously approving a measure to increase penalties for defrauding the state's Medicaid program.
TOPEKA, Kansas - Public school teachers in Kansas likely will lose their legal protections against getting fired after legislators tacked that and other policy changes onto a court-mandated plan to boost aid for poor school districts.
TOPEKA, Kansas - Lawyers for parents and school districts at the heart of the Kansas school funding battle have concerns about the plan approved by lawmakers to address a state Supreme Court ruling.
HUTCHINSON, Kansas - Police say a Hutchinson man is facing several charges after a car chase and standoff.
TOPEKA, Kansas - The Kansas Legislature on Sunday narrowly backed a plan that would boost funding to poor school districts while eliminating tenure for teachers.