- House bill seeks 15 percent cut in court reporters Updated: Mar-11-14 6:40 pm
- Mo. House roll call vote on abortion legislation Updated: Mar-11-14 6:20 pm
- Poorer districts to benefit most from court ruling Updated: Mar-11-14 4:47 pm
- Ex-AG Kline asks US Supreme Court to review case Updated: Mar-11-14 3:01 pm
- State considering new plan for highway project Updated: Mar-11-14 12:47 pm
- 1 dead in officer-involved shooting in NW Kansas Updated: Mar-11-14 10:20 am
- Kansas budget panel rejects $2M for new institute Updated: Mar-11-14 5:05 am
- Kansas lawmakers reviewing school funding ruling Updated: Mar-10-14 4:40 pm
- Kansas considers moving dates of local elections Updated: Mar-10-14 6:50 am
- Kansas Democrats upbeat about governor's race Updated: Mar-08-14 6:26 pm
- Kansas high court: School funding unconstitutional Updated: Mar-07-14 6:34 pm
- Lawyer suing Kansas sees schools ruling as victory Updated: Mar-07-14 4:55 pm
- Kansas Senate OKs 'compromise' judiciary budget Updated: Mar-07-14 12:42 pm
- Kansas gay marriage debate pushed to next year Updated: Mar-06-14 8:47 pm
- Kansas court to issue school finance ruling Updated: Mar-06-14 5:08 pm
- 2 Arizona men identified in pedestrian deaths Updated: Mar-06-14 3:17 pm
- GOP pushes bill to limit party switching to vote Updated: Mar-06-14 12:56 pm
- Kansas legislators to discuss at-risk students Updated: Mar-06-14 5:04 am
- Kansas lawmakers consider loosening liquor laws Updated: Mar-05-14 8:58 pm
- Advocates fight to block Kansas death penalty bill Updated: Mar-05-14 5:59 pm
- Kansas lawmakers mull new rules for microbreweries Updated: Mar-05-14 5:52 pm
- Kansas state senators ponder help for home brewers Updated: Mar-05-14 1:48 pm
- Democrats select new Kansas House member Updated: Mar-04-14 11:47 am
- Bill in Kansas House divides Presbyterian leaders Updated: Mar-03-14 10:35 am
- Kansas lawmakers taking 2-day break from session Updated: Mar-03-14 5:04 am
TOPEKA, Kansas - A Kansas House proposal to cut the number of court reporters in the state would save up to $1.3 million and open the door to increased electronic recording, the measure's chief architect said.
JEFFERSON CITY, Missouri - The 115-39 vote Tuesday by which the Missouri House approved legislation that would require women to wait 72-hours after seeing a doctor before an abortion can be performed.
TOPEKA, Kansas - Poorer school districts stand to gain the most from a recent Kansas Supreme Court ruling that found the state's school funding system unconstitutional, a top education official told Democratic legislators on Tuesday.
TOPEKA, Kansas - Former Kansas Attorney General Phill Kline is asking the U.S. Supreme Court to review the Kansas Supreme Court's indefinite suspension of his law license.
WICHITA, Kansas - State transportation officials have come up with an alternative plan for a southwest Kansas highway project to avoid removing part of a historic rock formation, but it comes with a significant price.
OBERLIN, Kansas - Authorities say a person is dead after being shot by law enforcement officers in northwest Kansas.
TOPEKA, Kansas - A Kansas Senate budget subcommittee has rejected a proposal to spend $2 million for a new institute at the University of Kansas to work with pharmaceutical companies on new drugs and technologies.
TOPEKA, Kansas - A key Kansas legislator said Monday he was ordering the House budget committee to begin work immediately on resolving school funding issues after last week's state Supreme Court ruling.
TOPEKA, Kansas - A Kansas Senate committee plans to review a proposal this week to change the dates of local elections so they occur on the same schedule as legislative and statewide contests.
TOPEKA, Kansas - Kansas Democrats said Saturday that a day-old school funding ruling from the state's highest court will help their chances of unseating Republican Gov. Sam Brownback this year as Democratic challenger Paul Davis makes education spending the cornerstone issue of his campaign.
TOPEKA, Kansas - Kansas must spend more money on its public schools, the state Supreme Court ruled Friday in a decision that could jeopardize Republican Gov. Sam Brownback's desire to make his state a tax-cutting template for the nation.
TOPEKA, Kansas - An attorney for Kansas parents and school districts suing the state over education funding says the state Supreme Court's ruling in the case is a victory for children.
TOPEKA, Kansas - The Senate's approval of a bill that funds the Kansas judicial branch means furloughs are less likely, a top Republican supporter said, but Democrats are crying foul because of several strings attached - including two measures to decentralize the power of the state Supreme Court.
TOPEKA, Kansas - Kansas legislators are finished considering new legal protections this year for those who oppose gay marriage on religious grounds but will debate the issue in 2015, the state Senate's top leader said Thursday.
TOPEKA, Kansas - Months of speculation and anxiety over the fate of the funding of Kansas public schools will become clearer Friday when the state Supreme Court issues a ruling in case that has dragged on for nearly four years.
LIBERAL, Kansas - Two pedestrians who died after being hit by a pickup truck in southwest Kansas have been identified as Arizona residents.
TOPEKA, Kansas - A Senate committee on Thursday recommended passage of a bill sought by the Kansas Republican Party that would make it more difficult for voters to switch parties before voting in primary elections.
TOPEKA, Kansas - Kansas lawmakers are looking into how the state provides funding to school districts for students identified as being at risk of failure.
TOPEKA, Kansas - Proposals on tap for legislative committees would help Kansas hobbyists and small breweries and phase in grocery store sales of strong beer, wine and liquor, but it wasn't clear Wednesday how far lawmakers would go in further repudiating the state's dry history.
TOPEKA, Kansas - Kansas death penalty opponents said Wednesday a bill that would shorten the appeals process amounts to a "leaky Band-Aid" on a broken system.
TOPEKA, Kansas - The owner of a Leavenworth microbrewery is asking Kansas legislators to make it easier for him to distribute his beer to restaurants, bars and liquor stores.
TOPEKA, Kansas - Home brewers are asking a Kansas Senate committee to endorse a measure easing state restrictions on their craft so they can share their beer, wine and cider with friends and have it judged in contests.
KANSAS CITY, Kansas - Wyandotte County Democrats have selected a former aide to Unified Government Mayor Joe Reardon as the newest member of the Kansas House of Representatives.
TOPEKA, Kansas - Leaders of a Presbyterian synod are criticizing a bill that would have removed church principles from decisions on the ownership of a church building when a congregation splits from the larger community.
TOPEKA, Kansas - Kansas legislators are taking a long weekend off following a major deadline during their annual session.