- Some lawmakers say some police ill-equipped for overdoses Updated: May-01-16 4:10 am
LANSING, Michigan - A group of 20 lawmakers backs a bill to require more rigorous medical training for police officers, borne of fear that some rural police are not properly equipped to rescue people undergoing heroin or prescription opioid overdoses.
- International Red Cross workers freed in north Mali Updated: Apr-22-16 9:51 am
BAMAKO, Mali - Islamic extremists in northern Mali freed three staffers with the International Committee of the Red Cross they had kidnapped last week, a spokesman for the organization said Friday.
- Talks stalled, Syrian opposition to stay in Geneva next week Updated: Apr-22-16 2:00 am
BEIRUT - The Latest on Syria's civil war and peace talks in Geneva (all times local):
- Extremists kidnap Int'l Red Cross staff in north Mali Updated: Apr-21-16 1:29 pm
BAMAKO, Mali - An Islamic extremist group connected to al-Qaida's North Africa branch has claimed responsibility for kidnapping three International Committee of the Red Cross staffers, said a Tuareg separatist who is in contact with the group.
- The Latest: New Zealand reviews its foreign trust rules Updated: Apr-10-16 11:46 pm
LONDON - The Latest on the publication by a coalition of media outlets of an investigation into offshore financial dealings by the rich and famous (all times local):