- Ex-NFL player pleads guilty in hit-and-run, gets probation Updated: Jul-01-15 5:05 pm
WRENTHAM, Massachusetts - Former Buffalo Bills and New England Patriots linebacker Brandon Spikes has pleaded guilty in a hit-and-run crash that injured three people and will serve a year of probation.
- Houston Texans lineman Brandon Ivory charged in burglary Updated: Jul-01-15 4:56 pm
TUSCALOOSA, Alabama - Houston Texans defensive lineman Brandon Ivory has been charged in what police describe as a residential burglary in Tuscaloosa.
- Pom-pom pay: California bill gives cheerleaders minimum wage Updated: Jul-01-15 4:10 pm
SAN FRANCISCO - They boost their teams from the sidelines and promote them by appearing in calendars and at fan events, but some sports cheerleaders say they are still not considered team employees and are paid what amounts to less than minimum wage.
- Offensive tackle Hunter attempts to revive career with Bills Updated: Jul-01-15 2:54 pm
ORCHARD PARK, New York - The Buffalo Bills are providing offensive tackle Wayne Hunter an opportunity to revive his career.
- Steelers interested in hosting 2023 Super Bowl Updated: Jul-01-15 2:15 pm
PITTSBURGH - The Pittsburgh Steelers are looking to get into the Super Bowl hosting business.
- Lions fan accused of using laser due in court in November Updated: Jun-29-15 12:33 pm
- Financing plan for stadium called a lousy deal for Raiders Updated: Jun-28-15 1:47 pm
OAKLAND, California - Finance experts say a long-awaited plan for a new Raiders stadium is a lousy deal for the team and will make a potential return to Los Angeles even more attractive.
- Bills receiver Marquise Goodwin finishes 4th at nationals Updated: Jun-26-15 12:23 am
EUGENE, Oregon - Buffalo Bills wide receiver Marquise Goodwin almost had a convenient excuse to miss some of training camp.
- New Pitt AD Barnes focusing on football Updated: Jun-25-15 6:47 pm
PITTSBURGH - Scott Barnes has been on the job less than two weeks, yet the new Pittsburgh athletic director already has a clear vision about what should be the top item of his "to do" list. It's the same as the second. And the third. And the fourth.
- Tennessee Titans' home field to be renamed Nissan Stadium Updated: Jun-25-15 4:48 pm
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - The Tennessee Titans' home field is changing its name from LP Field to Nissan Stadium.
- NFL players union complains about Pats disciplining Butler Updated: Jun-25-15 4:38 pm
NEW YORK - The NFL Players Association has complained to the league about whether the Patriots improperly disciplined cornerback Malcolm Butler during voluntary workouts.
- Brady waiting for Goodell decision after 10-hour hearing Updated: Jun-24-15 6:04 pm
FOXBOROUGH, Massachusetts - It's back to the waiting game for Tom Brady.
- First World Cup, now also F1 for Qatar? Updated: Jun-24-15 1:48 pm
PARIS - Not content with hosting the 2022 World Cup, Qatar is now also exploring the idea of buying Formula One, another big step in its use of the global appeal of sports to put itself firmly on the map.
- Curry and James up for best male athlete at ESPY Awards Updated: Jun-24-15 10:57 am
LOS ANGELES - Stephen Curry and LeBron James are going head-to-head again not long after battling for the NBA title.
- After appeal, what's next in Brady deflated football saga? Updated: Jun-24-15 3:06 am
NEW YORK - After a 10-hour hearing, Tom Brady now must wait to find out if his appeal of a four-game suspension carried any weight with NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell.
- Life's playbook: NFL schools rookies on being a professional Updated: Jun-23-15 4:23 pm
BEREA, Ohio - To prepare rookies for life as professionals, the NFL is again providing a crash course filled with seminars, testimonials and advice on how to navigate the pitfalls of fame and fortune.
- Only Jaguars mascot in team history retires after 19 years Updated: Jun-23-15 12:32 pm
JACKSONVILLE, Florida - For the second time in franchise history, the Jacksonville Jaguars are looking for a new mascot.
- Browns awarded Terrelle Pryor, will try him at receiver Updated: Jun-22-15 6:38 pm
CLEVELAND - Terrelle Pryor believes he can be an NFL wide receiver. The Browns are giving him a chance to catch on with them.
- Brady's legacy faces next step in appeal to Goodell Updated: Jun-20-15 11:55 am
FOXBOROUGH, Massachusetts - Tom Brady grew from a sixth-round draft choice into one of the best quarterbacks in NFL history. Off the field, he's a celebrity with a supermodel wife and lucrative marketing deals.
- Man linked to ex-Steelers doctor has sentence reduced Updated: Jun-20-15 9:53 am
PITTSBURGH - A federal judge has cut two years off the sentence of a western Pennsylvania businessman accused of having obtained painkiller prescriptions under different names from a former Steelers team doctor.
- Patriots sign top draft pick, DL Malcom Brown of Texas Updated: Jun-19-15 8:24 pm
FOXBOROUGH, Massachusetts - The New England Patriots have signed their first-round draft pick, defensive lineman Malcom Brown from Texas.
- Steelers cited as top public relations staff Updated: Jun-19-15 7:20 pm
The Pittsburgh Steelers have won the Pete Rozelle Award from the Professional Football Writers of America for having the most efficient public relations staff in the NFL.
- Raiders sign 2nd-round pick Mario Edwards Jr. Updated: Jun-19-15 6:44 pm
ALAMEDA, California - The Oakland Raiders have signed second-round pick defensive end Mario Edwards Jr. to a rookie contract.
- Titans sign 3rd-round draft pick Jeremiah Poutasi of Utah Updated: Jun-19-15 5:29 pm
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - The Tennessee Titans have signed rookie offensive tackle Jeremiah Poutasi of Utah, leaving quarterback Marcus Mariota as their only draft pick still unsigned.
- Former Jets player gets probation in 'revenge porn' case Updated: Jun-19-15 4:20 pm
ELIZABETH, New Jersey - A former New York Jets linebacker was sentenced to probation Friday in a case that invoked New Jersey's landmark "revenge porn" law.