- Broncos DE Antonio Smith under investigation in Texas Updated: May-21-15 10:39 pm
ENGLEWOOD, Colorado - Denver Broncos defensive end Antonio Smith is under investigation in Texas over a criminal allegation the local sheriff described Thursday as "sexual in nature."
- Raiders sign linebacker Neiron Ball Updated: May-21-15 8:29 pm
ALAMEDA, California - The Oakland Raiders have signed fifth-round draft pick Neiron Ball.
- Aaron Hernandez sports neck tattoo at latest court hearing Updated: May-21-15 6:41 pm
BOSTON - Former NFL player Aaron Hernandez, sporting a new neck tattoo while making his first court appearance since being sentenced to life in prison for murder, pleaded not guilty on Thursday to a charge he tried to silence a witness in a separate double murder case by shooting him in the face.
- NFL suspends Bills defensive tackle Dareus for 1 game Updated: May-21-15 4:40 pm
ORCHARD PARK, New York - Bills star defensive tackle Marcell Dareus will not play in Buffalo's season opener after being suspended without pay by the NFL for violating the league's substance abuse policy.
- What happened at NFL meetings and what it means Updated: May-21-15 2:39 am
SAN FRANCISCO - NFL owners concluded an especially hectic spring meetings by setting up what figures to be a very busy summer and fall.
- Jets' McDougle returns to field after missing last season Updated: May-21-15 2:33 am
- Raiders sign cornerback Chimdi Chekwa Updated: May-20-15 7:54 pm
- No competition: Chan Gailey says Geno Smith is Jets' starter Updated: May-20-15 6:37 pm
FLORHAM PARK, New Jersey - The New York Jets' quarterback competition appears over before it even got started.
- Former D-lineman getting shot at starting on Denver's O-line Updated: May-20-15 6:07 pm
ENGLEWOOD, Colorado - Ben Garland spent his offseason fulfilling his 2015 commitment to the Colorado Air National Guard and now he's fighting to serve as one of Peyton Manning's primary protectors.
- Former Jets linebacker pleads guilty in 'revenge porn' case Updated: May-20-15 5:54 pm
NEWARK, New Jersey - A former New York Jets linebacker pleaded guilty Wednesday to three charges in connection with a domestic dispute that invoked New Jersey's landmark "revenge porn" law.
- Column: In the end, the NFL cartel is what matters most Updated: May-20-15 5:18 pm
Tom Brady is on his own, cast off by an owner who figured out that being in the club that practically prints money is a lot more important than being loyal to one of his employees.
- Goodell wants to hear directly from Brady in appeal Updated: May-20-15 4:02 pm
SAN FRANCISCO - NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell said Wednesday it's his responsibility to hear directly from New England quarterback Tom Brady in his appeal of his four-game suspension in the deflated footballs case.
- Bengals sign 2nd-round pick Jake Fisher Updated: May-20-15 3:31 pm
CINCINNATI - The Bengals signed offensive tackle Jake Fisher of Oregon on Wednesday, leaving only two draft picks without contracts.
- For Cleveland and Atlanta, plenty of sports lowlights Updated: May-20-15 3:21 am
ATLANTA - On the sports misery index, Atlanta and Cleveland are hard to beat.
- Players' union asks Goodell to recuse self from Brady appeal Updated: May-19-15 7:51 pm
- Chiefs sign 4 players, waive 3 others after rookie minicamp Updated: May-19-15 7:45 pm
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - The Chiefs have signed four players from their rookie minicamp this past weekend and waived three other players to make room for them on their roster.
- Raiders QB Derek Carr sidelined in offseason workouts Updated: May-19-15 6:27 pm
ALAMEDA, California - When the Oakland Raiders took the field for the start of their first full-team practice since the NFL draft, there was one notable spectator.
- Ryan Tannehill looking to improve, win title with Dolphins Updated: May-19-15 6:12 pm
DAVIE, Florida - When Ryan Tannehill agreed to a four-year extension with the Miami Dolphins, the quarterback's agent told him that at some point, "you might regret this deal."
- Bills sign rookie cornerback Darby to 4-year, $4.6M deal Updated: May-19-15 5:46 pm
- Ex-Lion Ndamukong Suh lists Michigan home for $3.45 million Updated: May-19-15 5:31 pm
BIRMINGHAM, Michigan - Ex-Detroit Lions defensive linesman Ndamukong Suh (ehn-DAHM'-uh-kehn SOO) has put his home in suburban Birmingham up for sale for $3.45 million.
- Titans investigating 'irregularities' in ticket sales Updated: May-19-15 5:30 pm
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - The Tennessee Titans have hired outside investigators to review "irregularities" in ticket sales discovered during a team audit.
- Land deal closes for planned NFL stadium near Los Angeles Updated: May-19-15 5:24 pm
LOS ANGELES - The San Diego Chargers and Oakland Raiders moved a step closer Tuesday to building a new stadium near Los Angeles after a complex land deal was finalized on a site that could become the home of a shared $1.7 billion venue.
- Raiders owner Mark Davis still considers Oakland top option Updated: May-19-15 4:35 pm
SAN FRANCISCO - Raiders owner Mark Davis walked outside the Ritz-Carlton into the throng of protesters and vowed to do all he can to keep his team in Oakland. Even as he and Chargers owner Dean Spanos moved ahead on plans for a stadium project in Southern California.
- Tannehill signs $77.7 million, 4-year extension with Miami Updated: May-18-15 8:57 pm
MIAMI - Ryan Tannehill stopped the Miami Dolphins' revolving door at quarterback, and on Monday they rewarded him.
- Group recommends Chargers pay $300M, NFL $200M for stadium Updated: May-18-15 8:12 pm
SAN DIEGO - An advisory group appointed by Mayor Kevin Faulconer recommended Monday that the Chargers contribute $300 million toward a new $1.33 billion stadium, with the NFL giving $200 million, the city and county $121 million each and personal seat licenses totaling $120 million.