- Idaho officer fatally shot; man held after high-speed chase Updated: May-06-15 6:47 am
SPOKANE, Washington - A 26-year-old north Idaho man accused of fatally shooting a veteran police officer and stealing his patrol car has been ordered held on $2 million bail.
- 3 lanes reopen on northbound I-5 through downtown Seattle Updated: May-05-15 3:20 pm
SEATTLE - The Washington State Department of Transportation says three lanes of Interstate 5 through downtown Seattle have reopened. A multi-vehicle crash that authorities say was caused by driver inattention had closed the freeway for nearly an hour during morning rush hour.
- Wash. State Patrol: Boy, 5, fatally struck by pickup Updated: May-05-15 1:25 am
MABTON, Washington - The Washington State Patrol says a 6-year-old boy has been struck and killed by a pickup truck in the south-central Washington community of Mabton.
- SW Wash., officer taken to hospital after elk herd collision Updated: May-04-15 11:19 pm
LONG BEACH, Washington - The Washington State Patrol says a southwest Washington police officer was taken to a hospital as a precaution after his patrol vehicle struck a herd of elk on U.S. Highway 101.
- Bellingham pedestrians cited after being struck by trooper Updated: May-04-15 10:43 am
BELLINGHAM, Washington - After a months-long investigation, the Washington State Patrol says a trooper who hit two pedestrians with his patrol car in Bellingham last December won't face any consequences for it.
- Money missing from safe in Bothell police evidence room Updated: May-01-15 10:44 am
BOTHELL, Washington - A Bothell Police Department employee has been fired and the Washington State Patrol is investigating after an undisclosed amount of money went missing from a safe in the department's evidence room.
- Street sweeper, semitrailer collide in south King County Updated: Apr-27-15 5:17 pm
ALGONA, Washington - The Washington State Patrol says two people were injured when a street sweeper and semitrailer collided on State Route 167 in south King County Monday morning.
- Gov. Jay Inslee, thousands of teachers rally at Capitol Updated: Apr-25-15 4:40 pm
OLYMPIA, Washington - Thousands of teachers and their supporters crowded the steps of the Washington state Capitol's legislative building for a rally Saturday morning to call for teacher pay raises, smaller class sizes and less standardized testing.
- Patrol: Deputy ran stop sign, causing Everett crash Updated: Apr-23-15 3:50 pm
EVERETT, Washington - The Washington State Patrol says a Snohomish County sheriff's deputy ran a stop sign and caused a crash that seriously injured a pedestrian last week.
- Tribes urge restart of background checks in child placement Updated: Apr-18-15 1:53 pm
SEATTLE - Washington tribes and the country's largest group representing Native Americans are asking for state and federal help in getting background checks when a tribe needs to place a child with a foster parent in an emergency situation.
- State patrol: road rage, alcohol factors in I-5 crash Updated: Apr-09-15 4:06 pm
SEATTLE - The Washington State Patrol says road rage and alcohol were contributing factors in a three-car collision on Interstate 5 in south Seattle that killed one woman.
- Wash. community corrections officer held in child pornography case Updated: Apr-07-15 11:49 pm
OLYMPIA, Washington - The Washington State Patrol says an Olympia man arrested for investigation of child pornography possession is a Washington Corrections Department community corrections officer.