- Army sergeant sentenced in 2013 Afghan fuel bribery scheme Updated: May-21-15 4:22 pm
COLUMBUS, Georgia - Federal prosecutors in Georgia say an Army sergeant has been sentenced in a bribery scheme that involved Afghan truckers reselling military fuel on the black market.
- Pakistan, Afghanistan pledge to fight terrorism together Updated: May-12-15 10:25 am
KABUL, Afghanistan - Afghan President Ashraf Ghani and Pakistan's Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif renewed their nations' vows on Tuesday to jointly combat the mutual threat of militant groups operating along the two countries' shared border.
- 6 South Dakota National Guard soldiers going to Afghanistan Updated: May-11-15 6:10 am
RAPID CITY, South Dakota - Six soldiers with the South Dakota Army National Guard in Rapid City are being deployed to Afghanistan for a year
- Last Coast Guard inspection team returning from Afghanistan Updated: May-09-15 10:50 am
NORFOLK, Virginia - After more than a decade of war in Afghanistan, the Coast Guard is finally bringing home the last of its inspection teams that help the military send cargo back to the U.S.
- US due to stop managing Afghan airspace by end of June Updated: May-06-15 2:34 am
KABUL, Afghanistan - The United States is to stop managing Afghan airspace by the end of June after its air-traffic control contract with the government in Kabul expires, a development that could see international airlines forced to cancel flights both into the country and over its territory.
- Qatar says Taliban, Afghan officials to hold 2 days of talks Updated: May-02-15 1:28 pm
DOHA, Qatar - Afghan and Taliban officials will hold two days of "reconciliation" talks in Qatar, the Gulf nation's state news agency reported Saturday, although both sides sought to downplay expectations from the meeting.
- Former soldiers try to spur manufacturing in Afghanistan Updated: Apr-30-15 12:26 pm
TACOMA, Washington - Matt Griffin and Andy Sewrey felt triumphant as they drove through Kabul on the back of a pickup truck. The brothers-in-law sat on 2,000 pairs of designer sandals they had just commissioned from an Afghan factory to launch their own business.