- Zettel will keep taking down ball carriers, but not trees Updated: Jul-31-15 7:41 pm
CHICAGO - Penn State defensive tackle Anthony Zettel can drive a golf ball more than 300 yards, throw a football about 60 yards and is one of the best basketball players on the football team.
- Northwestern QB competition guaranteed to make friends Updated: Jul-31-15 7:32 pm
CHICAGO - Northwestern coach Pat Fitzgerald is looking for a starting quarterback, not "Mr. Congeniality."
- Mixing Riley's system with QB's skills challenges Nebraska Updated: Jul-31-15 6:29 pm
CHICAGO - Nebraska's offense will look different under new coach Mike Riley.
- Column: Harbaugh is... 'The Most Interesting Man in Big Ten' Updated: Jul-31-15 6:15 pm
CHICAGO - Compared to the rest of Jim Harbaugh's year, this was tame stuff.
- Big Ten touts plan for tougher schedules as playoff push Updated: Jul-31-15 3:11 pm
CHICAGO - The College Football Playoff has turned strength of schedule into a constant talking point, with each conference claiming its road to the postseason is most daunting.
- Ohio State trademarks name of football coach Urban Meyer Updated: Jul-31-15 6:47 am
COLUMBUS, Ohio - Ohio State University is taking steps to ensure the name of football coach Urban Meyer doesn't show up on knock-off apparel.
- Indiana loses WR Harris to season-ending knee injury Updated: Jul-30-15 9:48 pm
CHICAGO - Indiana wide receiver J-Shun Harris II will miss the season with a torn knee ligament.
- No matter the question, Urban Meyer always has the answer Updated: Jul-30-15 7:24 pm
CHICAGO - Urban Meyer has always had an answer for everything the coaching profession has thrown at him. Nothing in his straight-ahead glare this morning suggested that had changed.
- Beckman dodges question about mistreatment allegations Updated: Jul-30-15 7:21 pm
CHICAGO - Illinois coach Tim Beckman brushed off questions about alleged mistreatment of players in his first appearance with reporters since May.
- Ohio State suspends Bosa, Marshall, 2 others for opener Updated: Jul-30-15 6:35 pm
CHICAGO - Ohio State will face one of its toughest tests of the season without its best defensive player and three talented receivers.
- RB Barrs-Woods to play big role for Oregon State this fall Updated: Jul-30-15 5:54 pm
BURBANK, California - Oregon State running back Storm Barrs-Woods is going to be busy this fall.
- Ohio State coach Meyer, mascot celebrated in butter at fair Updated: Jul-28-15 11:40 pm
COLUMBUS, Ohio - Winning another national championship has made Urban Meyer a butter man.
- At media days, star quarterbacks can be hard to find Updated: Jul-28-15 6:41 pm
The quarterback is usually the face of a football team. During conference media days, those faces are often difficult to find.
- Harbaugh discusses football dreams, helmet stickers Updated: Jul-28-15 5:19 pm
ANN ARBOR, Michigan - Jim Harbaugh can usually sense when the start of the season is close.
- Michigan ending legends program, retiring jersey numbers Updated: Jul-28-15 2:28 pm
ANN ARBOR, Michigan - Michigan will retire six jersey numbers in a ceremony at the Ohio State game Nov. 28, ending the school's "legends program" in which players were given the same numbers as some of the team's all-time greats.
- Michigan St RB Williams returning after weapons incident Updated: Jul-27-15 9:44 pm
EAST LANSING, Michigan - Michigan State says running back Delton Williams is returning to the Spartans this fall as a non-scholarship athlete.
- Report: Ohio State's Miller shifting from QB to receiver Updated: Jul-23-15 11:57 pm
COLUMBUS, Ohio - Braxton Miller is shifting from quarterback to receiver, whittling Ohio State's QB competition to two star passers.
- Nebraska dismisses WR Kevin Gladney from team Updated: Jul-17-15 5:17 pm
LINCOLN, Nebraska - Nebraska has dismissed sophomore wide receiver Kevin Gladney.
- Harbaugh Effect? Michigan reports increase in ticket sales Updated: Jul-16-15 1:05 pm
ANN ARBOR, Michigan - It looks like Jim Harbaugh is already helping Michigan at the box office.
- Michigan's deal with Nike worth $169 million Updated: Jul-15-15 3:59 pm
ANN ARBOR, Michigan - The University of Michigan's new apparel and equipment deal with Nike is worth $169 million, with a nearly even split between annual cash and apparel value.
- QB Braxton Miller returning for 5th season at Ohio State Updated: Jul-10-15 4:46 pm
COLUMBUS, Ohio - Quarterback Braxton Miller is almost fully recovered from his latest shoulder injury and planning to win back his starting job at Ohio State.
- Frost is among inductees into Nebraska Football Hall of Fame Updated: Jul-09-15 9:14 pm
LINCOLN, Nebraska - Scott Frost, who quarterbacked Nebraska to a share of the national championship in 1997, and four other former Cornhuskers will be inducted into the Nebraska Football Hall of Fame this fall.
- Athlete advocates: Fire Illinois athletic director, coaches Updated: Jul-09-15 4:16 pm
CHAMPAIGN, Illinois - An advocacy group for college athletes wants the University of Illinois to fire athletic director Mike Thomas, football coach Tim Beckman and others who have been the target of complaints and two lawsuits by former athletes alleging abusive treatment.