- Correction: Illinois-Stout Defense story Updated: Oct-08-15 9:01 pm
CHAMPAIGN, Illinois - In a story Oct. 7 about Illinois' stout defense, The Associated Press reported erroneously that the score of the loss at North Carolina was 28-14. It was 48-14.
- Illinois confirms Ferguson will miss game at No. 22 Iowa Updated: Oct-08-15 8:39 pm
CHAMPAIGN, Illinois - Illinois says starting running back Josh Ferguson will miss Saturday's game at No. 22 Iowa with a shoulder injury.
- Maryland: Edsall will coach Terps at No. 1 Ohio State Updated: Oct-08-15 8:34 pm
COLLEGE PARK, Maryland - Maryland says Randy Edsall will coach the Terrapins at top-ranked Ohio State amid reports that he will be fired.
- Michigan State-Rutgers Preview Capsule Updated: Oct-08-15 6:58 pm
No. 4 Michigan State (5-0, 1-0 Big Ten) at Rutgers (2-2, 0-1), 8:30 p.m. (BTN)
- Maryland-Ohio State Preview Capsule Updated: Oct-08-15 3:52 pm
Maryland (2-3, 0-1 Big Ten) at Ohio State (5-0, 1-0) Noon (BTN).
- Illinois-Iowa Capsule Updated: Oct-08-15 3:45 pm
Illinois (4-1, 1-0 Big Ten) at No. 22 Iowa (5-0, 1-0) Noon. (ESPN2)
- Northwestern-Michigan Preview Capsule Updated: Oct-08-15 3:21 pm
No. 13 Northwestern (5-0, 1-0 Big Ten) at No. 18 Michigan (4-1, 1-0), 3:30 p.m. (BTN)
- Rutgers WR Carroo returns to practice after charges dropped Updated: Oct-08-15 2:21 pm
PISCATAWAY, New Jersey - Rutgers receiver Leonte Carroo returned to practice Thursday, two days after criminal charges against him were dropped, and said he is well aware of how lucky he is to be back on the football field.
- Anonymity is goal for guys working on football chain gangs Updated: Oct-08-15 2:16 pm
LINCOLN, Nebraska - They are there every football game, those men in caps and vests moving in unison on the sideline following every play. The sideline crew "chain gang" plays a vital role marking the line of scrimmage and distance for a first down and keeping track of the downs.
- No. 1 Ohio State sees turnaround coming against Maryland Updated: Oct-07-15 8:56 pm
COLUMBUS, Ohio - Ohio State coach Urban Meyer believes the Buckeyes' victory over Maryland last season was the turning point that eventually led to the College Football Playoff championship.
- Dismissed Michigan football player charged with 3 felonies Updated: Oct-07-15 5:59 pm
ANN ARBOR, Michigan - Former Michigan football player Logan Tuley-Tillman was charged with three felonies Wednesday, nearly a month after the junior offensive tackle was kicked off the team by coach Jim Harbaugh.
- Michigan State football raffle winners need to pick up cash Updated: Oct-07-15 1:11 pm
EAST LANSING, Michigan - Michigan State wasn't the only winner against Oregon and Central Michigan: Football fans who bought raffle tickets at Spartan Stadium won thousands of dollars but haven't claimed their prizes yet.
- Coach Kill stays mum on Gophers starting quarterback Updated: Oct-06-15 6:54 pm
MINNEAPOLIS - Minnesota Gophers coach Jerry Kill opened uncertainty at quarterback when he pulled junior Mitch Leidner in the second half of last week's 27-0 loss at Northwestern.
- Defense keys No. 22 Iowa's resurgence in poll Updated: Oct-06-15 5:54 pm
IOWA CITY, Iowa - On the surface, it appears as though No. 22 Iowa's resurgence has been fueled by the so-called "New Kirk Ferentz."
- Law firm to do thorough review of Rutgers football program Updated: Oct-06-15 4:43 pm
NEW BRUNSWICK, New Jersey - Rutgers has hired a Kansas-based law firm to conduct a thorough review of the school's troubled football program and help identify potential NCAA rules violations.
- Northwestern-Michigan will pit nation's top scoring defenses Updated: Oct-06-15 4:10 pm
Three of the nation's top four scoring defenses reside in the Big Ten, and the best of them will meet Saturday when Northwestern visits Michigan.
- Freshmen Jones, Blough give Purdue hope for future Updated: Oct-06-15 4:04 pm
WEST LAFAYETTE, Indiana - If the near-upset at Michigan State showed anything to Purdue, it was this: Coach Darrell Hazell has two pretty talented freshmen in his backfield.
- Edsall puts offs naming Maryland starting QB against OSU Updated: Oct-06-15 2:03 pm
COLLEGE PARK, Maryland - Maryland coach Randy Edsall has a quarterback quandary. All three players at the position have struggled, and Edsall must pick one to start Saturday against No. 1 Ohio State.
- With Nebraska next, Wisconsin looks to start offense back up Updated: Oct-06-15 2:14 am
MADISON, Wisconsin - Wisconsin is out of the Top 25 and keeps losing key players to injuries on an offense that is sputtering to start Big Ten play.
- Indiana looking to bounce back after loss to Ohio St Updated: Oct-06-15 2:14 am
BLOOMINGTON, Indiana - Indiana pushed No. 1 Ohio State to the limit. Now the Hoosiers must prove they can rebound from their first loss of the season when they head to Penn State, a venue where they have never won.
- College player union leaders still pushing for changes Updated: Oct-05-15 8:25 pm
INDIANAPOLIS - Ramogi Huma and Kain Colter are fighting back.
- AP Top 25 Heat Check: If not Ohio State, who should be No. 1 Updated: Oct-05-15 6:50 pm
If not Ohio State than what team should be No. 1 in the AP Top 25?
- Michigan loses DE Ojemudia for year with Achilles injury Updated: Oct-05-15 5:54 pm
ANN ARBOR, Michigan - No. 18 Michigan will have to move on without defensive end Mario Ojemudia , whose college career is over because of an Achilles tendon injury.
- Riley: Huskers facing great mental challenge after 2-3 start Updated: Oct-05-15 5:52 pm
LINCOLN, Nebraska - Mike Riley has long admired the loyalty of Nebraska fans. It's part of why he took the coaching job.
- Ohio State confident offense will come around Updated: Oct-05-15 5:44 pm
COLUMBUS, Ohio - Billy Price knows all about the angst over Ohio State's recent performances, and the left guard for the top-ranked Buckeyes has a message for those worried fans.