- How Switzerland joined the World Cup seeded elite Updated: Dec-02-13 8:32 am
- Blanc wants players to focus better on defending Updated: Nov-26-13 10:27 am
- France, Portugal reach World Cup Updated: Nov-20-13 11:37 am
- FIFA fines Croatia, Greece over fan racism Updated: Nov-09-13 11:38 am
- Draft deal to unify Cyprus footy meets resistance Updated: Nov-08-13 11:29 am
- Divided Cyprus moves toward soccer unity Updated: Nov-05-13 2:06 pm
GENEVA - There is one certainty among many possibilities offered by the World Cup draw on Friday: Most teams want to be in Switzerland's group.
PARIS - Paris Saint-Germain coach Laurent Blanc has challenged his players to show they can become just as mean in defense as they are prolific in attack.
Cristiano Ronaldo scored a dazzling hat trick to lift Portugal into next year's World Cup at the expense of Zlatan Ibrahimovic's Sweden, and France came back in remarkable fashion to overtake Ukraine for a berth in the 32-nation field for next year's tournament in Brazil.
ZURICH - FIFA has warned and fined World Cup playoffs teams Croatia and Greece for fans' racist behavior at qualifying matches last month.
NICOSIA, Cyprus - The chief of the breakaway Turkish Cypriot Football Association pushed back Friday against detractors heaping scorn on a provisional deal aimed at unifying the sport on ethnically split Cyprus.
LAUSANNE, Switzerland - Soccer leaders in Cyprus edged toward unification Tuesday, though their provisional deal still left Turkish-Cypriot clubs without access to the Champions League.