- Germans to build their base on coast for World Cup Updated: Dec-13-13 9:18 am
- Ronaldo caught up on beauty sleep during WCup draw Updated: Dec-08-13 8:44 am
- US to play Ghana, Portugal, Germany at World Cup Updated: Dec-06-13 9:48 pm
- Spain views cup draw with unease, excitement Updated: Dec-06-13 5:52 pm
- What they said about the World Cup draw Updated: Dec-06-13 5:34 pm
- What they said about the World Cup draw Updated: Dec-06-13 5:31 pm
- Amazon city is World Cup winner Updated: Dec-06-13 5:24 pm
- Host Brazil avoids tough group in World Cup draw Updated: Dec-06-13 4:55 pm
- World Cup draw: the strong, the weak, the lucky Updated: Dec-06-13 4:53 pm
- Defending champion Spain gets repeat of 2010 final Updated: Dec-06-13 12:47 pm
- Manaus mayor: We don't want England here for WCup Updated: Dec-05-13 5:09 pm
- Past champions betting on Brazil to win 2014 WCup Updated: Dec-05-13 1:42 pm
- Blatter: Mid-April finish for damaged WCup stadium Updated: Dec-05-13 12:59 pm
- 32 teams, world of possibilities in World Cup draw Updated: Dec-05-13 12:12 pm
- 5 Things to Know about foreign World Cup coaches Updated: Dec-05-13 8:24 am
- Brazil to keep World Cup protests at bay Updated: Dec-04-13 2:35 pm
- Attorney: No problems before Brazil collapse Updated: Dec-04-13 2:35 pm
- Brazil downplays missing FIFA's stadium deadline Updated: Dec-04-13 12:21 pm
- Column: World Cup draw a metaphor for extravagance Updated: Dec-04-13 11:45 am
- Brazil prepares for street protests at World Cup Updated: Dec-03-13 5:11 pm
- 3 stadiums to miss FIFA deadline for Brazil WCup Updated: Dec-03-13 2:22 pm
- Pele to appear at World Cup draw; role kept secret Updated: Dec-02-13 5:06 pm
- Brazil decides against opening to foreign carriers Updated: Dec-02-13 3:31 pm
- How Switzerland joined the World Cup seeded elite Updated: Dec-02-13 12:24 pm
- Workers back at World Cup stadium after accident Updated: Dec-02-13 8:54 am
FRANKFURT, Germany - Germany will use a newly built World Cup base near Porto Seguro in the state of Bahia for next year's tournament in Brazil.
MADRID - While the eyes of the football world were focused on Brazil for the World Cup draw, Cristiano Ronaldo caught up on his beauty sleep.
The U.S. drew a daunting task for next year's World Cup: difficult opponents, tropical venues and a wearying 9,000-mile zigzag journey across Brazil.
MADRID - Spain doesn't know what to make of its World Cup draw. Some are confident, while others are fearful.
COSTA DO SAUIPE, Brazil - Coaches and players were quick to react to Friday's World Cup draw. The following is a selection.
COSTA DO SAUIPE, Brazil - Quotes about the World Cup draw:
COSTA DO SAUIPE, Brazil - The Amazonian jungle city of Manaus was the big winner at the World Cup draw.
COSTA DO SAUIPE, Brazil - Brazil escaped tough opponents in the group stage of next year's World Cup but will probably face a major rival as early as the second round.
Who wound up in difficult groups and who got away easy from Friday's World Cup draw (average world ranking for four teams in parentheses):
COSTA DO SAUIPE, Brazil - Defending champion Spain will play its opening World Cup game against the Netherlands, a repeat of the 2010 final, while host Brazil faces a relatively easy path to the knockout stage after Friday's draw.
COSTA DO SAUIPE, Brazil - Go Home England!
COSTA DO SAUIPE, Brazil - Past world champions gathering in Brazil for Friday's World Cup draw are betting on the hosts to win next year's tournament on home soil.
COSTA DO SAUIPE, Brazil - The damaged stadium in Sao Paulo won't stage its first match until less than two months before the World Cup is scheduled to open there, FIFA said Thursday.
COSTA DO SAUIPE, Brazil - Thirty two teams and a world of possibilities.
COSTA DO SAUIPE, Brazil - The World Cup promises friendly reunions and old scores to settle - and that's just in the coaching dugouts.
COSTA DO SAUIPE, Brazil - Brazilian authorities say they've learned from demonstrations during the Confederations Cup not to let protesters get too close to stadiums at the upcoming World Cup.
RIO DE JANEIRO - The crane operator involved in last week's deadly accident at the Sao Paulo stadium that's hosting the opening match of the World Cup told police Wednesday that he'd noticed nothing out of the ordinary ahead of the incident, his attorney said.
COSTA DO SAUIPE, Brazil - The Brazilian government has brushed aside the importance of more delays in completing 2014 World Cup stadiums, saying that missing FIFA's deadline will not affect the country's ability to successfully host next year's tournament.
COSTA DO SAUIPE, Brazil - If they wanted to look wasteful, extravagant and divorced from the gritty reality of Brazil's millions of poor, World Cup organizers outdid themselves by choosing this remote, luxury beach resort as the venue for this week's draw.
RIO DE JANEIRO - Few things could damage the image of Brazil more than violent street protests during the World Cup.
COSTA DO SAUIPE, Brazil - At least three World Cup stadiums in Brazil will not be finished by the end of December as FIFA had requested.
COSTA DO SAUIPE, Brazil - Pele is to appear at Friday's draw for the 2014 World Cup, but his role is being kept secret.
RIO DE JANEIRO - Brazil has decided against opening more routes for foreign air carriers for next year's World Cup, certain it can handle the millions of sports fans who will use airplanes to get around South America's biggest country.
GENEVA - There is one certainty among many possibilities offered by the World Cup draw Friday: Most teams want to be in Switzerland's group.
SAO PAULO - Construction workers returned Monday to the stadium that will host the opening match of the World Cup, five days after an accident killed two workers and renewed questions about Brazil's readiness to hold the soccer tournament.