- Scolari pays $3.4M back taxes from time as Portugal coach Updated: Sep-30-15 2:24 pm
LISBON, Portugal - Luiz Felipe Scolari has paid 3 million euros ($3.4 million) in back taxes from when he was Portugal coach between 2003 and 2007, the Portuguese authorities have announced.
- Ronaldinho parts ways with Rio club Fluminense Updated: Sep-29-15 11:56 am
RIO DE JANEIRO - Two-time FIFA player of the year Ronaldinho has left Rio de Janeiro club Fluminense after only two months.
- Evergrande ready for Gamba Osaka in ACL semifinals Updated: Sep-28-15 9:31 pm
SEOUL, South Korea - Guangzhou Evergrande coach Luiz Felipe Scolari is switching focus from his Chinese Super League title race with old rival Sven-Goran Eriksson to prepare for the team's upcoming match against Gamba Osaka in the first leg of the 2015 Asian Champions League semifinal on Wednesday.
- Hulk accuses Russian fans of racism Updated: Sep-27-15 9:41 am
MOSCOW - Zenit St. Petersburg's Brazilian striker Hulk claimed he was racially abused during a match against Spartak Moscow in the Russian Premier League.
- FIFA makes decisions before Blatter is interrogated Updated: Sep-25-15 11:44 am
ZURICH - Despite hastily canceling a news conference scheduled with President Sepp Blatter after the surprise arrival of Swiss federal police at its headquarters, FIFA did make some decisions during its two-day executive committee meeting that ended Friday.
- Dunga calls up 35-year-old Oliveira to replace Firmino Updated: Sep-24-15 5:37 pm
RIO DE JANEIRO - Brazil's coach Dunga has called up 35-year-old striker Ricardo Oliveira for World Cup qualifiers next month against Chile and Venezuela. The Brazilian soccer confederation announced the move Thursday with Oliveira replacing Roberto Firmino of Liverpool, who has a back injury.
- Zico: I want to show I'm serious about being FIFA president Updated: Sep-24-15 1:21 pm
ZURICH - Former Brazil great Zico traveled to the home of FIFA with one goal in mind: Show everyone that he is serious about his bid to lead soccer's world governing body.
- Brazil names World Cup qualifying team without banned Neymar Updated: Sep-17-15 3:06 pm
RIO DE JANEIRO - Brazil coach Dunga, who will have to do without suspended Barcelona star Neymar as South American World Cup qualifying opens next month, named a squad Thursday headed by Chelsea midfielder Oscar.
- US routed 4-1 by Brazil ahead of playoff against Mexico Updated: Sep-09-15 12:51 am
FOXBOROUGH, Massachusetts - Defenders were beaten with ease. The offense was outshot by nearly a 2-to-1 margin.