- Some of the saddest own goals in soccer Updated: Jul-02-15 7:17 pm
Laura Bassett bent over, pulled her soccer jersey over her face and sobbed. Her teammates gathered around her, but nothing they said could make it better.
- Striker Robinho leaves Brazilian club to play in China Updated: Jul-01-15 12:48 am
SAO PAULO - Veteran Brazil striker Robinho said Tuesday that he is leaving Brazilian club Santos and will reportedly play in China for Guangzhou Evergrande, now coached by Luiz Felipe Scolari.
- Argentina routs Paraguay 6-1, reaches Copa America final Updated: Jun-30-15 11:21 pm
CONCEPCION, Chile - Lionel Messi helped set up five goals as Argentina trounced Paraguay 6-1 in the Copa America semifinals on Tuesday, setting up a final against host Chile.
- Argentina leads final 4 in Copa America semifinals Updated: Jun-28-15 5:24 pm
SANTIAGO, Chile - The Copa America semifinals are again missing a local favorite.
- Brazil faces uncertainty after another disappointing defeat Updated: Jun-28-15 10:33 am
SAO PAULO - It just keeps getting worse for Brazil's national team.
- Paraguay again eliminates Brazil in Copa America quarters Updated: Jun-28-15 12:14 am
CONCEPCION, Chile - Paraguay defeated Brazil 4-3 in a penalty shootout after a 1-1 draw on Saturday to advance to the semifinals of the Copa America, handing the five-time world champions yet another disappointment a year after the humiliating World Cup elimination at home.
- Neymar denies insulting referee after Copa America game Updated: Jun-23-15 12:08 pm
SANTIAGO, Chile - Brazil captain Neymar has denied insulting a referee after being sent off in the Copa America game against Colombia, calling the incident a mix-up.
- Messi vs. James again - now in Copa America quarterfinals Updated: Jun-22-15 2:36 pm
SANTIAGO, Chile - Lionel Messi and James Rodriguez are about to meet again. They've left their clubs behind - Barcelona and Real Madrid - and this time Messi is wearing Argentina's blue and white and Rodriguez the red, blue and yellow of Colombia.
- Neymar out of Copa America after Brazil accepts his ban Updated: Jun-22-15 10:17 am
SANTIAGO, Chile - Neymar will play no further part in the Copa America after Brazil chose to accept the four-match suspension handed to its captain and star player following his red card in the group stage.
- Without Neymar, Brazil beats Venezuela 2-1 to reach last 8 Updated: Jun-21-15 10:08 pm
SANTIAGO, Chile - Playing without suspended star Neymar, Brazil defeated Venezuela 2-1 Sunday in its final group game to reach the Copa America quarterfinals.
- Australia scores late to knock out Brazil 1-0 at World Cup Updated: Jun-21-15 6:21 pm
MONCTON, New Brunswick - Substitute Kyah Simon scored in the 80th minute to lift Australia to its first Women's World Cup knockout win, a 1-0 upset of Brazil and star Marta on a rainy Sunday afternoon.
- Serbia coach hopes for national unity after World Cup win Updated: Jun-20-15 6:15 am
AUCKLAND, New Zealand - Serbia coach Veljko Paunovic hoped his team's victory at the Under-20 World Cup will help inspire "compassion and unity" in a country still troubled by its war-torn past.
- Serbia beats Brazil 2-1 in Under-20 World Cup final Updated: Jun-20-15 3:52 am
AUCKLAND, New Zealand - Nemanja Maksimovic scored in the 117th minute to give Serbia a surprise 2-1 win over Brazil on Saturday in the final of the Under-20 World Cup.
- Brazil's Neymar banned for rest of Copa America Updated: Jun-19-15 10:57 pm
SANTIAGO, Chile - Brazilian star Neymar was banned for the rest of the Copa America on Friday, stripping the tournament of one of its biggest stars.
- Brazil has history on its side in U20 World Cup final Updated: Jun-19-15 1:30 am
AUCKLAND, New Zealand - Brazil will carry a significant edge in experience and a remarkable record of defensive impregnability into Saturday's final against Serbia at the Under-20 World Cup.
- Brazil eliminates Costa Rica 1-0 in Women's World Cup Updated: Jun-17-15 9:41 pm
Raquel Fernandes scored in the 83rd minute and Brazil eliminated Costa Rica from the Women's World Cup with a 1-0 win on Wednesday in Moncton, New Brunswick.
- Serbia advances to under-20 World Cup final vs Brazil Updated: Jun-17-15 7:33 am
AUCKLAND, New Zealand - Serbia reached its first Under-20 World Cup final as an independent nation after beating 10-man Mali 2-1 after extra time at North Harbour Stadium on Wednesday.
- Brazil to meet Serbia in Under-20 World Cup final Updated: Jun-17-15 6:38 am
WELLINGTON, New Zealand - Brazil beat Senegal 5-0 to join Serbia in the final of the Under-20 World Cup and to bury the nascent suspicion football's great expressionists had embarked on a new, more sober course on Wednesday.
- Brazil builds confidence with U20 World Cup semifinal win Updated: Jun-17-15 6:17 am
CHRISTCHURCH, New Zealand - A dominant performance full of goals was exactly what Brazil's under-20 football side needed ahead of Saturday's final.
- Neymar leads Brazil to late win over Peru in Copa America Updated: Jun-14-15 8:34 pm
TEMUCO, Chile - Neymar scored a goal and set up the injury-time winner for Douglas Costa, helping Brazil open its Copa America campaign with a 2-1 over Peru on Sunday.
- Mali, Senegal lead African charge at Under-20 World Cup Updated: Jun-14-15 4:44 am
WELLINGTON, New Zealand - African countries captured two semifinal places at the Under-20 World Cup on Sunday as Mali and Senegal kept up their surprising run in the tournament.
- Brazil beats Portugal 3-1 on penalties at U20 World Cup Updated: Jun-14-15 3:35 am
HAMILTON, New Zealand - Brazil survived its second-straight penalty shootout, beating Portugal 3-1 Sunday to advance to the semifinals of the FIFA Under-20 World Cup.
- Scolari takes over at Chinese champions Guangzhou Evergrande Updated: Jun-13-15 12:25 am
GUANGZHOU, China - Brazil's former 2002 World Cup-winning coach Luiz Felipe Scolari has taken over at the helm of Chinese Super League champions Guangzhou Evergrande as the latest in a parade of top managers attracted to the big-spending club.
- Copa America gives Brazil 1st chance for redemption Updated: Jun-12-15 11:20 am
SAO PAULO - Brazil will play at the Copa America with more on the line than just another South American title.
- Brazil may lift visa needed by Americans heading to Olympics Updated: Jun-12-15 9:03 am
RIO DE JANEIRO - Brazil's tourism minister said Thursday the visa requirements may be lifted for Americans wishing to attend next year's Rio de Janeiro Olympics, an effort that may boost ticket sales.