- Dortmund beats Marseille 2-1 Updated: Dec-11-13 6:42 pm
- Dortmund, Milan advance in Champions League Updated: Dec-11-13 6:27 pm
- Dortmund, Milan advance in Champions League Updated: Dec-11-13 6:00 pm
- Arsenal advances despite 2-0 loss at Napoli in CL Updated: Dec-11-13 5:54 pm
- Bayern Munich and Ribery top weekly AP poll Updated: Dec-10-13 10:50 am
- Dortmund needs win to be secure in Group F Updated: Dec-10-13 9:51 am
- 5 things to know about the Champions League Updated: Dec-08-13 7:12 pm
- Arsenal's momentum halted by Everton; Fulham wins Updated: Dec-08-13 3:12 pm
- Everton holds Arsenal 1-1 in Premier League Updated: Dec-08-13 1:26 pm
- Arsenal, Tottenham to meet in FA Cup 3rd round Updated: Dec-08-13 12:15 pm
- Man City held 1-1 at Southampton in Premier League Updated: Dec-07-13 1:11 pm
- Man United slumps to 1-0 loss to Newcastle Updated: Dec-07-13 10:50 am
- Arsenal beats Hull to retain Premier League lead Updated: Dec-04-13 5:48 pm
- AP soccer poll honors: Gareth Bale, Arsenal Updated: Dec-03-13 11:50 am
- Podolski to return to training at Arsenal Updated: Dec-03-13 6:27 am
- Man City beats Swansea 3-0 in Premier League Updated: Dec-01-13 1:50 pm
- Tottenham, Man United draw 2-2 in EPL Updated: Dec-01-13 10:36 am
- Giggs showing no signs of decline at 40 Updated: Nov-29-13 10:02 am
- 5 things to know about the Premier League Updated: Nov-28-13 9:42 am
- Dortmund beats Napoli 3-1 in Champions League Updated: Nov-26-13 6:05 pm
- Wilshere's double gives Arsenal win over Marseille Updated: Nov-26-13 5:54 pm
- Arsenal moves 4 points clear at the top of EPL Updated: Nov-23-13 1:08 pm
- France facing tough challenge against Ukraine Updated: Nov-18-13 3:44 am
- Klose to miss friendlies vs. Italy and England Updated: Nov-13-13 7:56 am
- Deschamps urges France to be fearless in Ukraine Updated: Nov-11-13 12:24 pm
MARSEILLE, France - Borussia Dortmund beat 10-man Marseille 2-1 with a late goal from Kevin Grosskreutz on Wednesday to top Group F and advance to the Champions League knockout stage.
GENEVA - In a dramatic climax to one of the tightest groups in Champions League history, Borussia Dortmund needed an 87th-minute goal at Marseille to advance at the expense of Napoli which beat Arsenal.
GENEVA - Borussia Dortmund needed Kevin Grosskreutz's 87th-minute goal to beat Marseille 2-1 and reach the Champions League last 16 on Wednesday, eliminating Napoli despite its victory over Arsenal in a dramatic Group F climax.
NAPLES, Italy - Ten-man Arsenal advanced to the Champions League knockout phase for the 14th consecutive year despite a 2-0 loss on Wednesday at Napoli, which was eliminated from the competition.
LONDON - Bayern Munich received 166 points out of a possible 170 to top this week's Associated Press global football poll.
FRANKFURT, Germany - Borussia Dortmund needs to beat Marseille to be sure of advancing from Group F of the Champions League.
LONDON - Half of the last 16 places in the knockout stage of the Champions League are still up for grabs and will be decided this week after the final group games. Manchester United, Real Madrid, Chelsea and Paris Saint-Germain reached the knockout phase in the last round of games, joining defending champion Bayern Munich, Manchester City, Atletico Madrid, and Barcelona.
LONDON - Arsenal's Premier League momentum was halted when the Gunners allowed a late equalizer in a 1-1 draw with Everton on Sunday, while Fulham ended its losing streak by beating Aston Villa to give new manager Rene Meulensteen his first victory.
LONDON - Everton substitute Gerard Deulofeu scored six minutes from time to salvage a deserved 1-1 draw at Arsenal on Sunday as the Gunners missed the chance to open a gap at the top of the Premier League standings.
LONDON - Premier League leader Arsenal will host north London rival Tottenham in the standout game of the FA Cup's third round following Sunday's draw.
SOUTHAMPTON, England - Pablo Osvaldo's superb individual goal earned Southampton a 1-1 draw with Manchester City on Saturday, denying the visitors a win that would have lifted them into second place in the Premier League.
MANCHESTER, England - Manchester United slumped to back-to-back home defeats in the Premier League for the first time in 11 years by losing 1-0 to Newcastle on Saturday, deepening the troubles facing the champions in David Moyes' first season in charge.
LONDON - Denmark striker Nicklas Bendtner scored his first Premier League goal for Arsenal in almost three years as the Gunners defeated Hull 2-0 on Wednesday to retain a four-point lead atop of the standings.
LONDON - Gareth Bale took first place in The Associated Press global soccer poll Tuesday after scoring his first hat trick for Real Madrid.
LONDON - Arsenal forward Lukas Podolski will return to training this week after more than three months out with a left hamstring injury, handing the Premier League leaders an alternative up front for the busy festive period.
MANCHESTER, England - Samir Nasri scored twice as Manchester City maintained its 100 percent home record and moved to third place in the Premier League with a 3-0 win over Swansea on Sunday.
LONDON - Wayne Rooney scored a brace as Manchester United twice came from behind Sunday to extend its unbeaten run to 12 matches in all competitions with a 2-2 draw at Tottenham but lost more ground in the Premier League title race
MANCHESTER, England - Ryan Giggs' path to becoming the most durable and decorated player of the English Premier League era can be traced back almost 32 years, to the moment his precocious talents were spotted by a milkman on a muddy school pitch in north-west Manchester.
Buoyed by its biggest away win in Europe in nearly 50 years, Manchester United is in the mood to pile more pressure on Tottenham and its under-fire manager Andre Villas-Boas in the standout match in the Premier League this weekend.
DORTMUND, Germany - Borussia Dortmund, last season's runner-up, beat Napoli 3-1 on Tuesday to revive its chances of advancing to the knockout stage of the Champions League.
LONDON - Jack Wilshere scored twice in an Arsenal game for the first time to give the Gunners a 2-0 victory over Marseille, keeping the Group F leaders on course to qualify for the Champions League knockout phase for the 14th successive season.
LONDON - Olivier Giroud took advantage of a huge goalkeeping blunder to score a brace as Arsenal moved four points clear at the top of the Premier League with a 2-0 win over Southampton.
LONDON - France needs an unprecedented comeback to avoid missing its first World Cup in 20 years. No European team has ever qualified for the World Cup through the playoffs after losing the first leg 2-0.
MUNICH - Lazio striker Miroslav Klose will miss Germany's upcoming friendlies against Italy and England because of a shoulder injury.
CLAIREFONTAINE, France - Coach Didier Deschamps has urged his France team to play without fear and think only of getting a victory away to Ukraine in the first match of their World Cup qualifier on Friday.