- Struggling Villa finally makes a signing - in the boardroom Updated: Feb-04-16 10:35 am
BIRMINGHAM, England - English Premier League struggler Aston Villa has finally made a big-name signing - in the boardroom.
- American midfielder Stuart Holden retires from soccer at 30 Updated: Feb-03-16 5:06 pm
CHICAGO - American midfielder Stuart Holden is retiring from soccer, unable to recover from knee injuries that have sidelined him for most of the past four years.
- Messi scores on return, Vardy breaks drought for Leicester Updated: Jan-23-16 6:41 pm
Lionel Messi returned from a brief injury break to help Barcelona take the overnight lead in Spain, while Jamie Vardy found his scoring touch to boost Leicester's English Premier League title chase on Saturday.
- Bottom-place Aston Villa draws 0-0 at West Brom Updated: Jan-23-16 1:06 pm
BIRMINGHAM, England - Aston Villa's mini-revival continued as a 0-0 draw at West Bromwich Albion stretched the bottom-place team's unbeaten run to five games in all competitions on Saturday.
- Patrick van Aanholt gives Sunderland 1-1 draw vs Bournemouth Updated: Jan-23-16 12:59 pm
SUNDERLAND, England - Patrick van Aanholt rescued Sunderland against Bournemouth on Saturday, clinching a 1-1 draw for his relegation-threatened team.
- Eriksen's double leads Tottenham recovery to beat Sunderland Updated: Jan-16-16 10:20 am
LONDON - Christian Eriksen inspired Tottenham's recovery against Sunderland on Saturday, scoring twice in a 4-1 victory that consolidated the London club's spot in the Champions League qualification places.
- Big teams kept apart in FA Cup 4th-round draw Updated: Jan-11-16 2:57 pm
LONDON - English football's top sides were kept apart in the draw for the fourth round of the FA Cup on Monday, with Manchester United and defending champion Arsenal paired with second-tier opponents.
- Injury-hit Liverpool looks to avoid FA Cup upset Updated: Jan-07-16 11:08 am
MANCHESTER, England - It's a match that has all the ingredients of a classic FA Cup upset.
- Klopp's style questioned as Liverpool injury woes deepen Updated: Jan-07-16 8:37 am
Juergen Klopp arrived at Liverpool in October armed with his megawatt smile and a renowned playing style: The so-called "Gegenpressen" approach that was the key to his success in Germany with Borussia Dortmund.