- Derby's American owners sell to 'Candy Crush' entrepreneur Updated: Sep-03-15 7:33 am
DERBY, England - Derby's American owners have sold the English second-tier club to a local businessman who made a fortune through the "Candy Crush Saga" mobile game.
- US goalie Brad Guzan: 'Nothing changes' with Howard's return Updated: Aug-31-15 4:12 pm
WASHINGTON - With their roles reversed, No. 1 goalkeeper Brad Guzan of the United States insists "nothing changes" in his relationship with World Cup standout Tim Howard.
- Denmark's Thomas Sorensen joins Melbourne City Updated: Aug-31-15 12:35 am
MELBOURNE, Australia - Former Aston Villa and Denmark goalkeeper Thomas Sorensen has signed a two-year deal to play for Melbourne City in Australian football's A-League.
- Sunderland draws 2-2 at Aston Villa in Premier League Updated: Aug-29-15 12:26 pm
BIRMINGHAM, England - Scott Sinclair scored two more goals but Aston Villa was still held to a 2-2 draw by Sunderland on Saturday in a seesaw Premier League encounter.
- Chelsea missing Terry with captain's place under scrutiny Updated: Aug-27-15 3:12 pm
MANCHESTER, England - John Terry ended last season as still the best center back in the English Premier League.
- Crystal Palace beats Aston Villa 2-1 in Premier League Updated: Aug-22-15 12:03 pm
LONDON - New signing Bakary Sako scored in the 88th minute Saturday to give Crystal Palace a 2-1 win over Aston Villa in the Premier League.
- Depay double rescues Man United in 3-1 win over Bruges Updated: Aug-18-15 7:09 pm
MANCHESTER, England - Memphis Depay announced his arrival at Manchester United by scoring a first-half double and providing a late assist for Marouane Fellaini in a 3-1 win over Bruges in the first leg of their Champions League playoff on Tuesday.
- Liverpool beats Bournemouth 1-0 in Premier League Updated: Aug-17-15 5:36 pm
LIVERPOOL, England - Christian Benteke scored his first Premier League goal for Liverpool on Monday to give his new team a 1-0 win over promoted Bournemouth in a game that was marked by two disputed refereeing decisions.
- Rooney's form a concern as United back in Champions League Updated: Aug-17-15 9:23 am
MANCHESTER, England - Manchester United will want more than just a first-leg lead from its Champions League playoff against Bruges on Tuesday.
- Januzaj strikes as Man United beats Aston Villa 1-0 Updated: Aug-14-15 6:05 pm
BIRMINGHAM, England - Manchester United made it two wins from as many Premier League matches this season after a rare goal from Adnan Januzaj earned Louis van Gaal's side a labored 1-0 victory at Aston Villa on Friday.
- Barcelona sends reserve player Adama Traore to Aston Villa Updated: Aug-14-15 6:29 am
BARCELONA, Spain - Barcelona has agreed to send reserve team player Adama Traore to English club Aston Villa.
- Struggles and surprises as Premier League gets moving Updated: Aug-10-15 6:26 pm
LONDON - It is, of course, much too early to try to read something into the first round of matches in a Premier League season that has another 37 games and more than eight months to run.
- Losing start for Bournemouth as Villa grabs late 1-0 win Updated: Aug-08-15 12:03 pm
BOURNEMOUTH, England - Bournemouth's first ever game in the English topflight ended in a 1-0 loss to Aston Villa on Saturday as the newcomers were given a painful introduction to Premier League football.
- Few changes at Chelsea for title defense as rivals spend big Updated: Aug-05-15 7:07 pm
After a summer of a sleaze at FIFA, it's time for an even richer force in world football to take center stage: The English Premier League.