- 5 things to know about Ligue 1 this weekend Updated: Apr-17-14 8:36 am
- 5 things to know about the English Premier League Updated: Apr-17-14 7:14 am
- Real Madrid wins 19th Copa del Rey title Updated: Apr-16-14 7:42 pm
- Man City slips further out of title contention Updated: Apr-16-14 6:54 pm
- Reus, Liverpool top AP football poll Updated: Apr-15-14 1:21 pm
- Liverpool, Atletico continue sparkling form Updated: Apr-13-14 7:08 pm
- Champions semis: Madrid-Bayern, Atletico-Chelsea Updated: Apr-11-14 2:05 pm
- Champions League Draw List Updated: Apr-11-14 9:09 am
- 5 Belgium players to watch at the World Cup Updated: Apr-11-14 5:59 am
- Kompany, Hazard, Courtois make Belgium a contender Updated: Apr-11-14 5:57 am
- Belgium, Russia headline Group H at the World Cup Updated: Apr-11-14 5:56 am
- Mourinho fined for improper conduct Updated: Apr-10-14 5:48 am
- Atletico wants to avoid Chelsea in Champs League Updated: Apr-10-14 5:44 am
- 5 Ivory Coast players to watch at the World Cup Updated: Apr-09-14 5:13 am
- Ba helps Chelsea eliminate PSG to reach CL semis Updated: Apr-08-14 8:18 pm
- 5 Cameroon players to watch at the World Cup Updated: Apr-08-14 5:07 am
- Chelsea, Man United face uphill task in CL Updated: Apr-06-14 4:30 pm
- Salah inspires Chelsea to 3-0 win over Stoke Updated: Apr-05-14 3:47 pm
- Ibrahimovic to miss return leg with thigh tear Updated: Apr-04-14 11:20 am
- Pastore scores solo goal as PSG beats Chelsea 3-1 Updated: Apr-02-14 6:42 pm
- 200 fans clash before PSG-Chelsea match Updated: Apr-02-14 4:43 pm
- Ribas' goal against Barca shows Atletico's depth Updated: Apr-02-14 11:59 am
- Arsenal prevents Man City going top with 1-1 draw Updated: Mar-29-14 5:09 pm
- Terry scores own goal, Chelsea loses 1-0 at Palace Updated: Mar-29-14 1:20 pm
- Eto'o doubtful for Champs quarterfinal at PSG Updated: Mar-28-14 12:10 pm
With defending champion and Ligue 1 leader Paris Saint-Germain not playing until Wednesday, Monaco can cut the gap to seven points with a victory at home to Nice.
MANCHESTER, England - A run of 10 straight victories has propelled Liverpool to the top of the Premier League and into the unfamiliar position of title favorite.
VALENCIA, Spain - Gareth Bale raced down the field, avoided a defender and rolled the ball under goalkeeper Jose Pinto in the 90th minute, giving Real Madrid a 2-1 win over Barcelona on Wednesday night and its 19th Copa del Rey title.
MANCHESTER, England - The Premier League trophy could be out of reach for Manchester City after a 2-2 home draw with last-placed Sunderland on Wednesday that capped a demoralizing four days for title chasers.
LONDON - Liverpool took team of the week honors for the fourth time this season in The Associated Press weekly football poll following its 3-2 victory over English Premier League title rival Manchester City.
LIVERPOOL, England - There could be unlikely league winners in England and Spain this season, with Liverpool and Atletico Madrid keeping up their good form with wins on Sunday.
NYON, Switzerland - Draw Friday for the Champions League semifinals:
BRUSSELS - With only a few notable exceptions, Belgium has often been a team bigger than the sum of its players.
BRUSSELS - Belgium is back in the World Cup after 12 years, and with its hottest crop of players in a generation.
BRUSSELS - With Belgium, Russia, South Korea and Algeria, don't expect too much pre-World Cup hype from Group H.
LONDON - The English Football Association has fined Chelsea manager Jose Mourinho 8,000 pounds ($13,400) after he was found guilty of improper conduct for going onto the pitch and approaching the referee during a Premier League game.
MADRID - Atletico Madrid is hoping to avoid Chelsea in Friday's Champions League draw so that on-loan goalkeeper Thibaut Courtois can play in the semifinals.
Ivory Coast will stick with its tried and trusted veterans and only a few young players at the World Cup.
LONDON - Growing up, Demba Ba dreamed about scoring big goals for Paris Saint-Germain. With the team he supported as a child on the verge of reaching the Champions League semifinals for the first time in 19 years, Ba instead scored the goal that knocked them out.
DOUALA, Cameroon - Samuel Eto'o leads the way, and with him go Cameroon's chances at the World Cup.
LONDON - Once again, English clubs look set for a premature exit in the Champions League. On Wednesday, Manchester United must beat Bayern Munich or earn a high-scoring draw following their 1-1 result at Old Trafford, and Chelsea must overcome a 3-1 deficit from the first leg to reach the semifinals at the expense of Paris Saint-Germain on Tuesday.
LONDON - Mohamed Salah scored one goal and played a part in the other two as Chelsea strolled to a 3-0 victory over Stoke to recover from back-to-back losses and reclaim the provisional Premier League lead Saturday.
PARIS - Paris Saint-Germain striker Zlatan Ibrahimovic will miss the return leg of the Champions League quarterfinals against Chelsea because of a thigh tear.
PARIS - Chelsea coach Jose Mourinho called his team's defending "a joke" after Paris Saint-Germain scored deep into injury time Wednesday to take a commanding 3-1 lead into their Champions League quarterfinal return leg next week.
PARIS - About 200 supporters of Paris Saint-Germain and Chelsea fought in a city center street prior to their teams' Champions League quarterfinal match on Wednesday.
MADRID - While Atletico Madrid stars Diego Costa and Thibaut Courtois garner much of the praise for the team's success, fringe player Diego Ribas' superb goal against Barcelona showed just how heavily the Spanish leader can lean on its entire squad.
LONDON - Arsenal prevented Manchester City from going top while keeping up its own pursuit of the title with a spirited fightback to draw 1-1 in the Premier League on Saturday.
LONDON - Chelsea captain John Terry scored an own goal to gift Crystal Palace a 1-0 victory on Saturday, weakening the west London team's grip on the Premier League lead.
LONDON - Chelsea striker Samuel Eto'o is unlikely to recover in time from a hamstring injury to face Paris Saint-Germain next week in the first leg of the Champions League quarterfinals.