- Chelsea signs goalkeeper Marco Amelia on a free transfer Updated: Oct-08-15 12:39 pm
LONDON - Chelsea says it has signed goalkeeper Marco Amelia on a free transfer until the end of the season.
- Chelsea and Arsenal fined for behavior of players Updated: Oct-08-15 12:26 pm
LONDON - The English Football Association says it has fined Chelsea and Arsenal a total of 70,000 pounds ($107,000) "for failing to ensure their players conducted themselves in an orderly fashion" during a Premier League match between the two teams at Stamford Bridge last month.
- Liverpool gives up on Rodgers experiment, but maybe too soon Updated: Oct-05-15 1:12 pm
There are two schools of thought regarding how Brendan Rodgers will be remembered at Liverpool.
- Mourinho raises prospect of being fired after 4th loss in 8 Updated: Oct-03-15 3:24 pm
Defending champion Chelsea fell to its fourth loss of the Premier League season on Saturday, leaving Jose Mourinho talking about the possibility of being fired.
- Chelsea crashes to fourth loss of title defense Updated: Oct-03-15 3:06 pm
LONDON - Chelsea's troubled season took another turn for the worse on Saturday when Southampton inflicted a fourth loss in eight games of Jose Mourinho's Premier League title defense.
- Doctor in Mourinho dispute criticizes FA over sexism cases Updated: Oct-02-15 10:11 am
The English Football Association is failing to tackle sexism and making life difficult for women, former Chelsea doctor Eva Carneiro said Friday as she broke almost two months of silence on a dispute with manager Jose Mourinho that has engulfed the club.
- United visits Arsenal back in familiar position - as leader Updated: Oct-01-15 12:26 pm
For the first time in 110 weeks, Manchester United enters a Premier League game as the leader. And a trip to Arsenal on Sunday is the perfect platform for Louis van Gaal's side to justify - and fortify - its spot at the summit.
- Marseille midfielder Diarra earns call back with France Updated: Oct-01-15 9:58 am
PARIS - Marseille midfielder Lassana Diarra is back in France's squad for upcoming friendlies against Armenia and Denmark, five years after his last game with the national team.
- Humbled in CL, English to restore pride in Europa League Updated: Sep-30-15 7:49 am
LONDON - While Premier League sides struggle in the Champions League, the Europa League offers Liverpool and Tottenham the chance to restore some credibility for English teams competing in Europe.
- Porto beats Chelsea 2-1 in Champions League Updated: Sep-29-15 5:42 pm
PORTO, Portugal - Maicon scored the winner as FC Porto beat Chelsea 2-1 in the Champions League on Tuesday and heaped more misery on Jose Mourinho's team.
- United seeks Champions League win back at Old Trafford Updated: Sep-29-15 7:58 am
LONDON - Champions League football is back at Old Trafford.
- Chelsea, hurting at home, looks for relief in Europe Updated: Sep-28-15 10:35 am
LISBON, Portugal - Jose Mourinho's Chelsea has made a miserable start to the Premier League season, lying 15th after seven games, but it's top of Champions league G and hopeful a strong run in Europe's prestige tournament can ease the pressure at home.
- Chelsea leaves it late to draw 2-2 at Newcastle Updated: Sep-26-15 3:07 pm
NEWCASTLE, England - Chelsea needed two late goals to salvage a 2-2 draw at Newcastle on Saturday as the Premier League champions continued to struggle in their title defense.
- Arsenal successful in appealing Gabriel's red card Updated: Sep-22-15 6:41 pm
LONDON - Arsenal defender Gabriel Paulista has had a three-match ban for violent conduct withdrawn by the English Football Association following a successful appeal by the club after his red card against Chelsea.
- Chelsea's Costa banned for 3 matches by FA Updated: Sep-22-15 6:39 pm
LONDON - Chelsea striker Diego Costa was banned for three matches on Tuesday after a charge of violent conduct during his team's 2-0 win over Arsenal at Stamford Bridge was upheld by a disciplinary panel.
- FA charges Costa over violent conduct missed by officials Updated: Sep-21-15 12:11 pm
LONDON - The English Football Association has charged Chelsea striker Diego Costa over violent conduct missed by the officials in Saturday's victory over Arsenal.
- Brazil names World Cup qualifying team without banned Neymar Updated: Sep-17-15 3:06 pm
RIO DE JANEIRO - Brazil coach Dunga, who will have to do without suspended Barcelona star Neymar as South American World Cup qualifying opens next month, named a squad Thursday headed by Chelsea midfielder Oscar.
- Lampard scores first MLS goal, NYCFC beats Toronto FC 2-0 Updated: Sep-16-15 10:00 pm
- Chelsea hammers Maccabi Tel Aviv 4-0 in the Champions League Updated: Sep-16-15 7:03 pm
LONDON - Chelsea eased to a 4-0 victory over Maccabi Tel Aviv in its opening Group G match in the Champions League on Wednesday, but the performance at Stamford Bridge was not as convincing as the scoreline.
- Chelsea needing a pressure-relieving win in Champions League Updated: Sep-15-15 7:43 am
LONDON - Chelsea will host Maccabi Tel Aviv in its Champions League Group G opener on Wednesday, needing a win to take some pressure off manager Jose Mourinho.
- Leicester fights back to beat Villa 3-2, maintain fine start Updated: Sep-13-15 2:24 pm
LEICESTER, England - Leicester fought from two goals down in the last 18 minutes to beat Aston Villa 3-2 on Sunday and maintain its stunning start to the Premier League season.
- More trouble for Mourinho as Chelsea loses 3-1 at Everton Updated: Sep-12-15 10:58 am
LIVERPOOL, England - Steven Naismith scored a hat trick to guide Everton to a convincing 3-1 victory over Chelsea on Saturday, as the new season took another sharp turn for the worse for Jose Mourinho's champions.
- Chelsea loses goalkeeper Thibaut Courtois to knee injury Updated: Sep-11-15 10:13 am
LONDON - Chelsea goalkeeper Thibaut Courtois faces a long spell on the sidelines after picking up a right knee injury that will require surgery.
- FIFA probes complaint into Chelsea loan of Salah to Roma Updated: Sep-11-15 9:01 am
ZURICH - FIFA is investigating Mohamed Salah's move to Roma in a breach of contract case which could threaten Chelsea with a transfer ban.