- US goalie Howard commits to Everton 2 more years Updated: Apr-17-14 6:21 pm
- 5 things to know about the English Premier League Updated: Apr-17-14 7:14 am
- Real Madrid wins 19th Copa del Rey title Updated: Apr-16-14 7:42 pm
- Man City slips further out of title contention Updated: Apr-16-14 6:54 pm
- Crystal Palace beat Everton 3-2 to dent UCL hopes Updated: Apr-16-14 6:49 pm
- Memorial service marks Hillsborough anniversary Updated: Apr-15-14 12:47 pm
- Arsenal beats holder Wigan to reach FA Cup final Updated: Apr-12-14 4:47 pm
- Everton goes 4th, above Arsenal, in Premier League Updated: Apr-12-14 12:39 pm
- United losing luster on Europe's biggest stage Updated: Apr-10-14 2:36 pm
- United losing luster on Europe's biggest stage Updated: Apr-10-14 9:20 am
- 5 Costa Rica players to watch at the World Cup Updated: Apr-09-14 5:24 am
- Everton thrashes Arsenal 3-0 in Premier League Updated: Apr-06-14 11:18 am
- Everton beats Fulham 3-1 in Premier League Updated: Mar-30-14 12:30 pm
- Barkley sparks Everton's 3-0 win at Newcastle Updated: Mar-25-14 6:20 pm
LONDON - American goalkeeper Tim Howard has signed a two-year contract extension to stay with Everton until 2018.
MANCHESTER, England - A run of 10 straight victories has propelled Liverpool to the top of the Premier League and into the unfamiliar position of title favorite.
VALENCIA, Spain - Gareth Bale raced down the field, avoided a defender and rolled the ball under goalkeeper Jose Pinto in the 90th minute, giving Real Madrid a 2-1 win over Barcelona on Wednesday night and its 19th Copa del Rey title.
MANCHESTER, England - The Premier League trophy could be out of reach for Manchester City after a 2-2 home draw with last-placed Sunderland on Wednesday that capped a demoralizing four days for title chasers.
LIVERPOOL, England - Crystal Palace dented Everton's hopes of Champions League football next season following a 3-2 away win in the English Premier League on Wednesday.
LIVERPOOL, England - Scarves donated by football clubs across the world were laid out in the center circle at Anfield, forming the shape of the number "96" beneath a clear blue sky.
LONDON - Arsenal avoided FA Cup embarrassment against second-tier club Wigan on Saturday, coming from behind against the holder and winning a penalty shootout to reach the final where the London club will be looking to end a nine-year trophy drought.
SUNDERLAND, England - Everton moved above Arsenal and into fourth place in the Premier League after beating Sunderland 1-0 Saturday at the Stadium of Light.
MANCHESTER, England - Manchester United has just about faded into European soccer irrelevance.
MANCHESTER, England - As Manchester United waved goodbye to the Champions League for almost certainly 18 months at least, the reality is dawning on England's biggest club of the last 20 years that it has now sunk to second-tier status in European football.
SAN JOSE, Costa Rica - Three of the teams in Group D are loaded with famous players, like Italy striker Mario Balotelli, England forward Wayne Rooney and Uruguay striker Luis Suarez. The odd one out is Costa Rica.
LIVERPOOL, England - Everton continued its superb attacking form to thrash a poor Arsenal side 3-0 in the Premier League and cut its deficit to the Gunners to one point in the race for the final Champions League spot.
LONDON - A second-half own goal from Fulham goalkeeper David Stockdale and strikes from Kevin Mirallas and Steven Naismith secured Everton's fifth consecutive Premier League win at Craven Cottage on Sunday.
NEWCASTLE, England - Everton boosted its chances of finishing in the Champions League positions by beating Newcastle 3-0 on Tuesday, with an impressive win sparked by a brilliant goal from Ross Barkley.