- Football world marks 30 years of Heysel with solemn service Updated: May-29-15 8:44 am
BRUSSELS - Survivors, relatives of victims and football authorities on Friday marked the 30th anniversary of the Heysel stadium tragedy where 39 people died during fan violence at the 1985 European Cup final between Liverpool and Juventus in Brussels.
- Liverpool's decline leaves Rodgers' future in jeopardy Updated: May-25-15 8:03 am
As subscribers to the "Moneyball" approach, Liverpool's American owners like to do their business based on cold, hard statistics.
- Hull relegated, Newcastle survives on final day of season Updated: May-24-15 5:35 pm
LONDON - Hull was relegated and Newcastle ensured its survival as the Premier League season ended with a series of farewells on Sunday.
- Rodgers offers to go after Liverpool is routed 6-1 by Stoke Updated: May-24-15 1:24 pm
LIVERPOOL, England - Liverpool endured its heaviest loss in 52 years as the Premier League season ended with a 6-1 humiliation at Stoke on Sunday.
- Spurs in Europa League, beats Everton 1-0 Updated: May-24-15 12:17 pm
LIVERPOOL, England - Tottenham qualified for the Europa League after beating Everton 1-0 in the Premier League on Sunday, with Harry Kane scoring the winner with his 21st goal in a breakthrough season.
- The Latest: 2nd halves underway, Spurs set for Europa League Updated: May-24-15 11:12 am
LONDON - 4:03 p.m.
- Hull and Newcastle fighting for survival on final day Updated: May-21-15 10:11 am
MANCHESTER, England - The Premier League is set for an afternoon of goodbyes on Sunday - to either Hull or Newcastle as the relegation places are decided and to two of English soccer's top midfielders.
- Austin completes remarkable rise to England squad Updated: May-21-15 8:38 am
LONDON - Charlie Austin completed his remarkable rise from bricklayer to the England squad in the space of six years when he was called up by his country for the first time on Thursday.
- Allardyce ponders future at West Ham Updated: May-20-15 6:53 pm
LONDON - West Ham manager Sam Allardyce shifts his bulk uneasily, watching from the bench as his team loses its grip on the last home match of the season. After Saturday's 2-1 defeat to Everton a 'Big Sam Out' banner is unraveled in the stands, and a fate is potentially sealed.
- Anfield bids a heartfelt farewell to Steven Gerrard Updated: May-16-15 4:00 pm
LIVERPOOL, England - Carrying one daughter on his shoulders and with his two others by his side, Steven Gerrard circled the field inside Anfield and received the acclaim of his adoring Liverpool fans one last time.
- Tottenham friendly sparks dispute in Malaysia Updated: May-14-15 10:44 pm
KUALA LUMPUR, Malaysia - An exhibition game between English Premier League club Tottenham and a Malaysian Select XI in Kuala Lumpur on May 27 has sparked criticism and even calls for a boycott for compromising the national team's preparations for important upcoming matches as well as interrupting the local league.
- Liverpool held 1-1 by Chelsea, effectively ending CL hopes Updated: May-10-15 3:11 pm
LONDON - After years of abuse from Chelsea fans, Liverpool captain Steven Gerrard was not appreciative of one final gesture of goodwill - an ovation from fans throughout Stamford Bridge on Sunday.
- Barcelona nears Liga title after Madrid slips Updated: May-09-15 6:26 pm
- Fellaini scores winner as Man United beats Palace 2-1 Updated: May-09-15 3:36 pm
LONDON - Marouane Fellaini headed in a late winner as Manchester United beat Crystal Palace 2-1 in the English Premier League on Saturday to move within touching distance of a return to the Champions League.
- Steven Gerrard: The one that got away for Jose Mourinho Updated: May-08-15 12:59 pm
LONDON - Chelsea manager Jose Mourinho experiences pangs of regret each time he encounters Steven Gerrard, the player he spent much of his illustrious coaching career attempting to sign.
- Gerrard heads Liverpool to 2-1 win vs QPR in Premier League Updated: May-02-15 3:24 pm
LIVERPOOL, England - Liverpool captain Steven Gerrard made amends for missing a penalty by clinching a 2-1 victory over Queens Park Rangers on Saturday that damaged the London club's bid for English Premier League survival.