- Quotes from voters in AP Global Football 10 Updated: Apr-23-14 11:18 am
- Liverpool, Sterling top this week's AP soccer poll Updated: Apr-23-14 10:59 am
- Liverpool, Sterling top this week's AP soccer poll Updated: Apr-23-14 9:36 am
- Man United counts cost of flawed transition Updated: Apr-22-14 1:48 pm
- David Moyes out as Manchester United manager Updated: Apr-22-14 1:36 pm
- Moyes lacked the gravitas to be Man United manager Updated: Apr-22-14 4:57 am
- Man City beats West Brom 3-1, boosts title hopes Updated: Apr-21-14 5:54 pm
- Liverpool closes in on Premier League title Updated: Apr-20-14 6:56 pm
- Rampant Liverpool closes on Premier League title Updated: Apr-20-14 2:33 pm
- Liverpool beats Norwich 3-2, tops EPL by 5 points Updated: Apr-20-14 9:50 am
- 5 things to know about the English Premier League Updated: Apr-17-14 7:14 am
- City's title hopes hit with 2-2 draw vs Sunderland Updated: Apr-16-14 6:40 pm
- Liverpool boosted by diagnosis of Sturridge injury Updated: Apr-16-14 12:18 pm
- Memorial service marks Hillsborough anniversary Updated: Apr-15-14 12:47 pm
- Quotes from voters in this week's AP football poll Updated: Apr-15-14 11:23 am
- Toure set to miss half of Man City's final 6 games Updated: Apr-15-14 8:26 am
- Hull reaches 1st FA Cup final in 110-year history Updated: Apr-13-14 3:27 pm
- Liverpool beats City 3-2, on course for EPL title Updated: Apr-13-14 2:50 pm
- Hillsborough tribute ahead of Liverpool-City match Updated: Apr-13-14 8:50 am
- 25 years on, English football recalls Hillsborough Updated: Apr-12-14 1:17 pm
- Ghana coach Appiah heading for 1st WCup Updated: Apr-11-14 5:51 am
- Italian power AS Roma to visit Disney again Updated: Apr-10-14 12:21 pm
- 5 Nigeria players to watch at the World Cup Updated: Apr-10-14 6:09 am
- 5 England players to watch at the World Cup Updated: Apr-09-14 5:27 am
- Even before WCup, England geared up for failure Updated: Apr-09-14 5:25 am
Marco Monteverde, News Corp. Australia
Liverpool tops the Associated Press global football poll this week for the fifth time this season and for the second consecutive week after its 3-2 win over Norwich kept it atop the English Premier League.
Liverpool tops this week's Associated Press global soccer poll for the fifth time this season and for the second consecutive week after its 3-2 win over Norwich kept it atop the English Premier League.
Even while accustomed to success, Manchester United realized just how reliant its unprecedented dominance was on the managerial mastery of Alex Ferguson.
MANCHESTER, England - It's some feat to turn one of the world's most storied and valuable sports brands into a mere also-ran in the space of 10 months.
MANCHESTER, England - When Manchester United overlooked Jose Mourinho and chose David Moyes to be the successor to Alex Ferguson, the club gambled on a manager without a winning mentality, experience of European football, and with no trophies on his resume.
MANCHESTER, England - Manchester City stayed alive in the English Premier League title race by beating West Bromwich Albion 3-1 thanks to first-half goals by three Argentines on Monday.
LONDON - Liverpool secured a return to the Champions League on Sunday - but there's a much bigger prize just around the corner.
LIVERPOOL, England - What was looking like a gripping finale to the Premier League title race is starting to turn into a procession for Liverpool.
NORWICH, England - A first English championship in 24 years is within Liverpool's grasp after a 3-2 victory over Norwich that was inspired by Raheem Sterling's double and a 30th goal of the campaign by Luis Suarez on Sunday.
MANCHESTER, England - A run of 10 straight victories has propelled Liverpool to the top of the Premier League and into the unfamiliar position of title favorite.
MANCHESTER, England - Manchester City's hopes of winning the Premier League took a big hit with a 2-2 draw at home to last-place Sunderland on Wednesday, with the title chasers needing an 88th-minute goal from Samir Nasri to earn a point.
LIVERPOOL, England - Liverpool's Premier League title hopes have been boosted by a positive injury prognosis on striker Daniel Sturridge.
LIVERPOOL, England - Scarves donated by football clubs across the world were laid out in the center circle at Anfield, forming the shape of the number "96" beneath a clear blue sky.
LONDON - Mark Rodden, Eurosport, France
MANCHESTER, England - Manchester City could be without midfielder Yaya Toure for three of the team's final six Premier League games.
LONDON - Hull reached the FA Cup final for the first time in its 110-year history as the Premier League side twice came from behind to beat third-tier club Sheffield United 5-3 in a lively encounter on Sunday.
LIVERPOOL, England - Embracing his teammates after a hugely significant win in the Premier League title race, Steven Gerrard looked to the skies and cried tears of joy.
LIVERPOOL, England - Liverpool fans held up a mosaic spelling out "96 25 years" during a minute's silence to mark the 25th anniversary of the Hillsborough Stadium disaster, ahead of the club's Premier League match against Manchester City at Anfield on Sunday.
LONDON - By the Wembley pitch, 96 seats remained empty on Saturday. Just a Liverpool scarf draped over each of them: a powerful tribute to the 96 Liverpool fans who went to an FA Cup semifinal 25 years earlier but never returned home.
ACCRA, Ghana - After reaching the World Cup quarterfinals last time, Ghana coach Kwesi Appiah is looking to do even better in Brazil.
ORLANDO, Florida - Italian soccer powerhouse AS Roma is returning to Walt Disney World Resort near Orlando for a week of training and a friendly against Orlando City.
Powered by forwards Emmanuel Emenike and Victor Moses, Nigeria won its first African Cup title in nearly two decades last year. The next step is to achieve something at the World Cup.
LONDON - Going into the 2012 European Championship with England, Roy Hodgson had only a few weeks from being appointed to taking a squad to the tournament.
LONDON - Never before has England traveled to a World Cup better prepared - for the post-tournament inquest.