- Altidore's playing time a concern for Klinsmann Updated: Apr-17-14 6:53 pm
- 5 things to know about the English Premier League Updated: Apr-17-14 7:14 am
- Real Madrid wins 19th Copa del Rey title Updated: Apr-16-14 7:42 pm
- Man City slips further out of title contention Updated: Apr-16-14 6:54 pm
- City's title hopes hit with 2-2 draw vs Sunderland Updated: Apr-16-14 6:40 pm
- Liverpool boosted by diagnosis of Sturridge injury Updated: Apr-16-14 12:18 pm
- Reus, Liverpool top AP football poll Updated: Apr-15-14 1:21 pm
- Quotes from voters in this week's AP football poll Updated: Apr-15-14 11:23 am
- Toure set to miss half of Man City's final 6 games Updated: Apr-15-14 8:26 am
- Liverpool, Atletico continue sparkling form Updated: Apr-13-14 7:08 pm
- Liverpool beats City 3-2, on course for EPL title Updated: Apr-13-14 2:50 pm
- Hillsborough tribute ahead of Liverpool-City match Updated: Apr-13-14 8:50 am
- Arsenal beats holder Wigan to reach FA Cup final Updated: Apr-12-14 4:47 pm
- 25 years on, English football recalls Hillsborough Updated: Apr-12-14 1:17 pm
- 5 Belgium players to watch at the World Cup Updated: Apr-11-14 5:59 am
- Kompany, Hazard, Courtois make Belgium a contender Updated: Apr-11-14 5:57 am
- Ghana coach Appiah heading for 1st WCup Updated: Apr-11-14 5:51 am
- Susic ready to go for goals at World Cup Updated: Apr-10-14 6:03 am
- 5 Bosnia players to watch at World Cup Updated: Apr-10-14 6:03 am
- Bosnia goes from the battlefield to the World Cup Updated: Apr-10-14 6:03 am
- 5 Argentina players to watch at the World Cup Updated: Apr-10-14 6:02 am
- Argentina faces Tevez dilemma ahead of World Cup Updated: Apr-10-14 5:59 am
- Argentina is the big favorite in Group F Updated: Apr-10-14 5:57 am
- Ecuador motivated by death of Christian Benitez Updated: Apr-10-14 5:51 am
- Ecuador offers lots of attacking options at WCup Updated: Apr-10-14 5:50 am
Jozy Altidore's disappointing first season with England's Sunderland has less than a month remaining, and it appears as though the American's struggles for playing time aren't finished.
MANCHESTER, England - A run of 10 straight victories has propelled Liverpool to the top of the Premier League and into the unfamiliar position of title favorite.
VALENCIA, Spain - Gareth Bale raced down the field, avoided a defender and rolled the ball under goalkeeper Jose Pinto in the 90th minute, giving Real Madrid a 2-1 win over Barcelona on Wednesday night and its 19th Copa del Rey title.
MANCHESTER, England - The Premier League trophy could be out of reach for Manchester City after a 2-2 home draw with last-placed Sunderland on Wednesday that capped a demoralizing four days for title chasers.
MANCHESTER, England - Manchester City's hopes of winning the Premier League took a big hit with a 2-2 draw at home to last-place Sunderland on Wednesday, with the title chasers needing an 88th-minute goal from Samir Nasri to earn a point.
LIVERPOOL, England - Liverpool's Premier League title hopes have been boosted by a positive injury prognosis on striker Daniel Sturridge.
LONDON - Liverpool took team of the week honors for the fourth time this season in The Associated Press weekly football poll following its 3-2 victory over English Premier League title rival Manchester City.
LONDON - Mark Rodden, Eurosport, France
MANCHESTER, England - Manchester City could be without midfielder Yaya Toure for three of the team's final six Premier League games.
LIVERPOOL, England - There could be unlikely league winners in England and Spain this season, with Liverpool and Atletico Madrid keeping up their good form with wins on Sunday.
LIVERPOOL, England - Embracing his teammates after a hugely significant win in the Premier League title race, Steven Gerrard looked to the skies and cried tears of joy.
LIVERPOOL, England - Liverpool fans held up a mosaic spelling out "96 25 years" during a minute's silence to mark the 25th anniversary of the Hillsborough Stadium disaster, ahead of the club's Premier League match against Manchester City at Anfield on Sunday.
LONDON - Arsenal avoided FA Cup embarrassment against second-tier club Wigan on Saturday, coming from behind against the holder and winning a penalty shootout to reach the final where the London club will be looking to end a nine-year trophy drought.
LONDON - By the Wembley pitch, 96 seats remained empty on Saturday. Just a Liverpool scarf draped over each of them: a powerful tribute to the 96 Liverpool fans who went to an FA Cup semifinal 25 years earlier but never returned home.
BRUSSELS - With only a few notable exceptions, Belgium has often been a team bigger than the sum of its players.
BRUSSELS - Belgium is back in the World Cup after 12 years, and with its hottest crop of players in a generation.
ACCRA, Ghana - After reaching the World Cup quarterfinals last time, Ghana coach Kwesi Appiah is looking to do even better in Brazil.
Bosnia coach Safet Susic has a simple but stubborn logic that has followed him throughout his football career: Attack is the best defense.
SARAJEVO, Bosnia-Herzegovina - With an attack-minded coach and a world-class striker leading the way, Bosnia is looking to score plenty of goals at the World Cup.
From the ashes of civil war to glory on the football field, Bosnia will be making its first World Cup appearance in Brazil.
With a squad packed full of talent from Europe's top clubs, Argentina is certainly one of the title contenders at this year's World Cup.
Argentina will be heading to the World Cup with the spotlight split between Lionel Messi and a player who's unlikely to make the cut.
Barring a major upset at the World Cup, Argentina will finish at the top of Group F and let the other three teams compete for second place.
QUITO, Ecuador - Ecuador's achievement of reaching its third World Cup was overshadowed by the death of striker Christian Benitez midway through qualifying, and filling the void he left will be the team's biggest challenge in Brazil.
QUITO, Ecuador - Manchester United winger Antonio Valencia, by far Ecuador's best-known player, will be joined by some other up-and-coming attackers that could shine at the World Cup in Brazil.