- Leicester upstaging the big names in English Premier League Updated: Nov-26-15 11:44 am
MANCHESTER, England - A glance at the top of Europe's big leagues tells a mostly familiar story after a third of the season.
- Ibrahimovic scores on CL return to Malmo, Juve beats City Updated: Nov-25-15 6:36 pm
PARIS - Zlatan Ibrahimovic celebrated his return to his first senior club with a goal as Paris Saint-Germain advanced to the knockout phase of the Champions League on Wednesday while Juventus claimed top spot to qualify from Group D with a 1-0 win over Manchester City.
- Juventus beats Man City 1-0 to join it in knockout stage Updated: Nov-25-15 5:46 pm
TURIN, Italy - Juventus advanced to the knockout stages of the Champions League and moved above Manchester City into top spot in Group D, with a 1-0 win over the Premier League side on Wednesday.
- Moenchengladbach beats Sevilla 4-2 in Champions League Updated: Nov-25-15 5:27 pm
MOENCHENGLADBACH, Germany - Lars Stindl scored twice as Borussia Moenchengladbach defeated Sevilla 4-2 on Wednesday to eliminate the visiting side from the Champions League and boost its own chances of playing in the Europa League.
- Juventus midfielder Hernanes out for 3 weeks with injury Updated: Nov-23-15 2:43 pm
TURIN, Italy - Juventus midfielder Hernanes will be sidelined for nearly a month with a thigh injury, ruling him out Wednesday's Champions League match at home against Manchester City.
- Barcelona hosts Roma amid heightened security measures Updated: Nov-22-15 10:33 pm
BARCELONA, Spain - Fresh from its domestic demolition of Real Madrid, Barcelona will be aiming to advance to the Champions League knockout rounds for a 12th straight year when it hosts Roma on Tuesday.
- Brace for Kane as Tottenham beats West Ham in easy 4-1 win Updated: Nov-22-15 3:34 pm
LONDON - England striker Harry Kane scored twice as Tottenham brushed aside London rival West Ham in a convincing 4-1 victory at White Hart Lane on Sunday.
- Liverpool beats Man City 4-1 in best showing under Klopp Updated: Nov-21-15 5:56 pm
Liverpool produced its best performance since the arrival of new manager Juergen Klopp to beat Premier League title chasers Manchester City 4-1 on Saturday.
- Vardy ties scoring record as England honors Paris victims Updated: Nov-21-15 2:25 pm
MANCHESTER, England - Jamie Vardy tied the Premier League record for scoring in consecutive games to help Leicester climb surprisingly to the top of the standings on Saturday, when English football paid tribute to the victims of the Paris attacks.
- Leicester's Vardy equals scoring record in win vs Newcastle Updated: Nov-21-15 12:03 pm
NEWCASTLE, England - Jamie Vardy equaled the Premier League record by scoring in 10 straight matches as Leicester beat Newcastle 3-0 to provisionally move to the top of the standings on Saturday.
- Spain moves to ban Man City fan who attacked officer Updated: Nov-19-15 9:54 am
MADRID - Spanish authorities say they have moved to ban a Manchester City fan from sporting events in Spain for two years after he attacked a police officer in a Champions League game this month.
- Hungary goalkeeper Marton Fulop dies from cancer at 32 Updated: Nov-12-15 8:25 am
BUDAPEST, Hungary - Marton Fulop, a former goalkeeper with Hungary's national team who also spent several years in the Premier League, has died of cancer. He was 32.
- Howard, Guzan comfortable with Klinsmann rotation plan Updated: Nov-10-15 12:48 pm
MIAMI SHORES, Florida - Tim Howard spent eight years as the top goalkeeper for the U.S. national team. Brad Guzan took over for a year during Howard's sabbatical.
- AP Interview: FIFA hopeful Infantino plans 40-team World Cup Updated: Nov-10-15 12:03 pm
LONDON - The World Cup could be expanded by eight teams to 40 if Gianni Infantino is elected FIFA president.
- Patrick Vieira hired as coach of NYCFC in MLS Updated: Nov-09-15 12:05 pm
NEW YORK - Former French star Patrick Vieira was hired Monday to coach New York City FC, one week after the Major League Soccer club fired Jason Kreis.
- Tevez a doubt for Argentina World Cup qualifier vs. Brazil Updated: Nov-09-15 10:38 am
BUENOS AIRES, Argentina - Argentina forward Carlos Tevez is a doubt for Thursday's key World Cup qualifier against Brazil in Buenos Aires with an injured left knee.
- Gibbs rescues point for Arsenal in 1-1 derby draw vs Spurs Updated: Nov-08-15 2:11 pm
LONDON - Kieran Gibbs was Arsenal's unlikely rescue act after coming off the bench in the north London derby on Sunday, scoring his second-ever Premier League goal to recover a 1-1 draw against Tottenham.
- Roma shows off its title credentials as fans desert derby Updated: Nov-08-15 12:24 pm
ROME - Combining the power of Edin Dzeko with the speed of Gervinho and Mohamed Salah, Roma has the makings of a squad prepared to compete for its first title in 15 years.
- Villa holds Man City 0-0 to end 7-game losing run Updated: Nov-08-15 11:26 am
BIRMINGHAM, England - Aston Villa marked Remi Garde's first game in charge by frustrating Manchester City 0-0 to end a seven-game losing streak in a meeting of the bottom and top teams in the Premier League on Sunday.
- Manchester United beat West Brom 2-0 in the EPL Updated: Nov-07-15 1:09 pm
MACHESTER, England - Manchester United provisionally moved within one point of the English Premier League summit after beating West Bromwich Albion 2-0 on Saturday.
- Vardy scores again as Leicester beats Watford 2-1 in EPL Updated: Nov-07-15 11:56 am
LEICESTER, England - Jamie Vardy extended his scoring streak to nine straight Premier League games to help Leicester beat Watford 2-1 Saturday and maintain its grip on third place.
- Tottenham defender Dier named in England squad Updated: Nov-05-15 10:16 am
LONDON - Tottenham defender Eric Dier has been named in the England squad ahead of international friendlies against Spain and France.
- France coach Deschamps leaves out Valbuena amid Benzema case Updated: Nov-05-15 10:05 am
PARIS - France coach Didier Deschamps left out winger Mathieu Valbuena for friendly matches against Germany and England amid an ongoing police investigation involving international teammate Karim Benzema.
- Roma beats Leverkusen 3-2 to revive chances of advancing Updated: Nov-04-15 5:28 pm
ROME - Miralem Pjanic scored a late penalty and Roma edged Bayer Leverkusen 3-2 Wednesday to revive its chances of advancing in the Champions League.
- 10-man Juventus draws 1-1 at Gladbach in Champions League Updated: Nov-03-15 4:52 pm
MOENCHENGLADBACH, Germany - Stephan Lichtsteiner scored one month after undergoing heart surgery as 10-man Juventus closed in on a spot in the second round of the Champions League with a 1-1 draw at Borussia Moenchengladbach on Tuesday.