- Pjanic, Dzeko score as Roma beats Juventus 2-1 Updated: Aug-30-15 5:03 pm
ROME - Bosnia internationals Miralem Pjanic and Edin Dzeko scored in the second half as Roma beat bitter title rival Juventus 2-1 Sunday, leaving the Turin power with two straight losses to start Serie A for the first time in its history.
- Shaw, Shelvey recalled by England for Euro qualifiers Updated: Aug-30-15 3:38 pm
LONDON - Manchester United defender Luke Shaw and Swansea midfielder Jonjo Shelvey have been rewarded for strong starts to the Premier League season by earning recalls to the England squad for upcoming European Championship qualifiers.
- United's biggest problems exposed in 2-1 loss at Swansea Updated: Aug-30-15 2:23 pm
MANCHESTER, England - Manchester United's early-season problems at both ends of the pitch were exposed in a 2-1 loss at Swansea on Sunday that ended its unbeaten start in the Premier League.
- Man City breaks transfer record again to sign De Bruyne Updated: Aug-30-15 12:27 pm
MANCHESTER, England - Manchester City demonstrated its financial might by breaking the club's transfer record for the second time this summer to sign Kevin de Bruyne on Sunday, making the Belgium midfielder the second most-expensive player in English football history.
- City doesn't waste Chelsea slip, Madrid wins big in Spain Updated: Aug-29-15 7:50 pm
LONDON - Chelsea's Premier League title defense is already floundering after a rare home loss let Manchester City increase its lead following a fourth consecutive win on Saturday.
- Palace inflicts Mourinho's 2nd loss in 100 home league games Updated: Aug-29-15 2:56 pm
LONDON - More than just a blip in form, Jose Mourinho's Chelsea Premier League title defense is in trouble after only four games.
- Midfielder Denis Suarez joins Villarreal from Barcelona Updated: Aug-29-15 1:12 pm
BARCELONA, Spain - Midfielder Denis Suarez is leaving Barcelona to join Villarreal on a permanent transfer after he cut short his loan deal at Sevilla by one season.
- Sterling gets 1st goal as Man City keeps perfect record Updated: Aug-29-15 12:33 pm
MANCHESTER, England - Raheem Sterling scored his first Premier League goal for Manchester City as Manuel Pellegrini's team beat Watford 2-0 Saturday to keep its perfect record.
- Spain coach calls up David de Gea for Euro 2016 qualifiers Updated: Aug-28-15 9:56 am
MADRID - Spain coach Vicente del Bosque on Friday included goalkeeper David de Gea, Diego Costa and Juan Mata in his squad to take on Slovakia and Macedonia in qualifying matches for next year's European Championship.
- Chelsea missing Terry with captain's place under scrutiny Updated: Aug-27-15 3:12 pm
MANCHESTER, England - John Terry ended last season as still the best center back in the English Premier League.
- UEFA Champions League Group Stage Draw Updated: Aug-27-15 1:00 pm
MONACO - Draw made Thursday for the UEFA Champions League group stage:
- Teenage forward Martial handed debut France call-up Updated: Aug-27-15 9:45 am
PARIS - France coach Didier Deschamps included Monaco's teenage forward Anthony Martial in Thursday's 23-man squad for next month's friendly matches against Portugal and Serbia.
- Bayern, Leverkusen clash; Dortmund leading Bundesliga Updated: Aug-27-15 7:56 am
BERLIN - After perfect starts, something has to give when Bayern Munich hosts Bayer Leverkusen for the first Bundesliga clash of the season among Champions League participants. Borussia Dortmund, currently leading on goal difference after two league games, hosts Hertha Berlin, while Borussia Moenchengladbach aims to avoid its third straight defeat at the other end of the table. Here are some things to know about the third round of games:
- Barcelona heads 32-team draw for Champions League groups Updated: Aug-26-15 5:06 pm
GENEVA - The Champions League season takes shape Thursday when UEFA draws 32 elite teams into groups in Monaco.
- Valencia eliminates Monaco in Champions League playoff Updated: Aug-25-15 4:45 pm
MONACO - Valencia lost 2-1 at Monaco but advanced from their Champions League playoff on an aggregate 4-3 score Tuesday, giving Spain five teams in the group phase of Europe's top-tier competition.
- Di Maria, Pastore, Biglia, Zabaleta left off Argentina team Updated: Aug-25-15 3:29 pm
BUENOS AIRES, Argentina - Angel Di Maria and Javier Pastore, teammates at Paris Saint-Germain, have been left off Argentina's national team for friendly matches next month in the United States against Bolivia and Mexico.
- Quotes from AP Global Football 10 voters Updated: Aug-25-15 12:08 pm
LONDON - Marco Monteverde, News Corp. Australia
- Manchester City, Pedro Rodriguez lead AP Global Football 10 Updated: Aug-25-15 11:42 am
LONDON - Manchester City is top of the first Associated Press Global Football 10 of the new season and Pedro Rodriguez is the leading player after scoring on his Chelsea debut.
- Cech an asset this time for Arsenal in draw with Liverpool Updated: Aug-24-15 6:08 pm
LONDON - After Petr Cech's opening-day blunders proved so costly for Arsenal, the veteran goalkeeper demonstrated against Liverpool on Monday why he will be an asset rather than a liability for his new team.
- Sterling proving the difference for rampant Man City Updated: Aug-24-15 9:42 am
MANCHESTER, England - Raheem Sterling hasn't scored in his first three games for Manchester City. He is yet to complete 90 minutes. He's even been upstaged by many of his teammates.
- AC Milan in talks with Liverpool over Balotelli loan deal Updated: Aug-23-15 6:01 pm
MILAN - AC Milan's vice president says the club is in talks with Liverpool about bringing striker Mario Balotelli back to Serie A.
- Argentine defender Mori close to joining Everton Updated: Aug-23-15 2:23 pm
LIVERPOOL, England - Everton is close to signing Argentine center back Ramiro Funes Mori from River Plate.
- Man City beats Everton 2-0 for 3rd straight league win Updated: Aug-23-15 2:15 pm
LIVERPOOL, England - Manchester City secured a club record-equaling ninth straight league win in beating Everton 2-0 on Sunday, with second-half goals by Aleksandar Kolarov and Samir Nasri keeping the team top of the Premier League after three games.
- Argentina defender Otamendi joins Man City from Valencia Updated: Aug-20-15 6:20 am
MANCHESTER, England - Manchester City strengthened its defense for the team's bid to regain the Premier League title by signing Argentina center back Nicolas Otamendi from Valencia on Thursday, taking spending this summer close to 100 million pounds ($156 million).
- Belgium midfielder De Bruyne says he'll stay at Wolfsburg Updated: Aug-17-15 3:59 pm
HAMBURG, Germany - Belgium midfielder Kevin de Bruyne says he is staying at Wolfsburg this season.