- Madrid beats Man City 1-0 to reach Champions League final Updated: May-04-16 5:37 pm
- Methodology behind Leicester: Ranieri's winning blueprint Updated: May-04-16 1:28 am
LEICESTER, England - Claudio Ranieri is still struggling to comprehend how he managed to transform Leicester from 5,000-1 outsiders to Premier League champions.
- Partying, training, then more celebrating for Leicester team Updated: May-03-16 6:20 pm
LEICESTER, England - There are certain pitfalls to being a club's first title-winning side. Leicester City's once-unheralded players discovered Tuesday that going for a pizza is no longer so easy once you're a Premier League champion.
- English soccer's superpowers shown up by little Leicester Updated: May-03-16 11:43 am
MANCHESTER, England - One by one, English soccer's supposed superpowers fell off the relentless pace set by Leicester in the Premier League title race.
- 'King Claudio': Ranieri hailed as a hero at home in Italy Updated: May-03-16 11:25 am
ROME - The Italian premier called it "insane." The country's national sports newspaper called him "King Claudio." Even the Vatican newspaper, l'Osservatore Romano, weighed in with a comparison to King Richard III.
- Atletico Madrid returns to lead AP Global Football 10 Updated: May-03-16 11:06 am
LONDON - Atletico Madrid led the Associated Press Global Football 10 on Tuesday after two victories in a week maintained its bid to win the Champions League and Spanish league.
- How little Leicester pulled off the seemingly impossible Updated: May-02-16 5:13 pm
MANCHESTER, England - Leicester has pulled off the seemingly impossible and won the English Premier League.
- Ronaldo practices again, looks fit to face Man City Updated: May-02-16 2:33 pm
MADRID - Real Madrid star Cristiano Ronaldo's chances of facing Manchester City in the second leg of the Champions League semifinals on Wednesday were boosted as he returned to full training, having missed three consecutive games because of an injury to his right leg.
- Southampton eases past distracted Man City 4-2 in EPL Updated: May-01-16 2:11 pm
SOUTHAMPTON, England - Sadio Mane scored a hat trick as Southampton eased past Manchester City 4-2 in the English Premier League on Sunday, when the visitors' minds seemed more on the Champions League.
- Ranieri closes in on Hollywood ending with Leicester Updated: Apr-29-16 1:31 pm
LONDON - The Premier League trophy arrived in Leicester on Friday for a promotional tour. It will surely be back next month with Leicester City etched into the solid silver for the first time.
- Real Madrid says Benzema has hamstring injury Updated: Apr-28-16 10:45 am
MADRID - Real Madrid says Karim Benzema has a hamstring injury in his right leg and is doubtful for Wednesday's Champions League game against Manchester City.
- Bayern loses 1-0 to Atletico in Champions League semifinal Updated: Apr-27-16 6:19 pm
MADRID - An early goal by youngster Saul Niguez gave Atletico Madrid a gritty 1-0 victory over Bayern Munich in the first leg of their Champions League semifinal on Wednesday.
- Without Ronaldo, Madrid holds City 0-0 in Champions League Updated: Apr-26-16 6:15 pm
MANCHESTER, England - Real Madrid failed to turn late domination into a goal without the injured Cristiano Ronaldo as Manchester City held on for a 0-0 draw in the first leg of their Champions League semifinal on Tuesday.
- Leicester 1 win from Premier League title after Spurs held Updated: Apr-25-16 6:25 pm
LONDON - Leicester is one victory from becoming one of the unlikeliest champions in English football history - a year after nearly being relegated from the Premier League.
- Ronaldo and Benzema expected to start against Man City Updated: Apr-25-16 3:05 pm
MANCHESTER, England - Real Madrid coach Zinedine Zidane expects Cristiano Ronaldo and Karim Benzema to start against Manchester City in the semifinals of the Champions League on Tuesday.
- Sunderland out of relegation zone with 0-0 draw vs Arsenal Updated: Apr-24-16 1:12 pm
SUNDERLAND, England - Sunderland moved out of the relegation zone on Sunday as Arsenal stumbled again in a 0-0 draw in the English Premier League.
- Man City eases past Stoke 4-0 to keep pressure on Man United Updated: Apr-23-16 10:18 am
MANCHESTER, England - Manchester City easily defeated Stoke 4-0 in the English Premier League on Saturday to move five points clear of rival Manchester United in the fight for a Champions League spot.
- Cristiano Ronaldo injured before key matches for Real Madrid Updated: Apr-22-16 9:58 am
MADRID - Cristiano Ronaldo will miss Real Madrid's next match and is in doubt for the team's Champions League semifinal game at Manchester City.
- Thousands of seats empty as Sanchez double sends Arsenal 3rd Updated: Apr-21-16 6:15 pm
LONDON - Alexis Sanchez was surrounded by thousands of empty seats inside Emirates Stadium as he scored twice against West Bromwich Albion to ease Arsenal back into third place with a 2-0 win on Thursday.
- Barcelona shows it's still very much alive in Spanish league Updated: Apr-21-16 3:51 pm
MADRID - That's more like it.
- Bayern extends contract with goalkeeper Neuer until 2021 Updated: Apr-20-16 5:22 am
MUNICH - Bayern Munich says it has extended the contract of goalkeeper Manuel Neuer until 2021.
- Newcastle holds Man City 1-1, Aguero reaches 100 EPL goals Updated: Apr-19-16 6:47 pm
NEWCASTLE, England - Newcastle continued its late fight to avoid relegation from the top tier, drawing 1-1 with Manchester City on Tuesday after Sergio Aguero became the second fastest player to score 100 English Premier League goals.
- Spurs cut Leicester's lead to 5 points by crushing Stoke 4-0 Updated: Apr-18-16 5:51 pm
STOKE, England - Harry Kane and Dele Alli both scored twice Monday as Tottenham crushed Stoke 4-0 with a devastating attacking display to close the gap on Premier League leader Leicester to five points.
- Spanish league heats up after unlikely Barcelona collapse Updated: Apr-18-16 11:27 am
MADRID - Not even the most avid fans in Madrid could see this one coming.
- Arsenal 4th in Premier League after being held 1-1 by Palace Updated: Apr-17-16 1:29 pm
LONDON - Arsenal was prevented from reclaiming third place in the Premier League on Sunday when Yannick Bolasie's late goal gave Crystal Palace a 1-1 draw at the Emirates Stadium.