- Bayern counting on home strength to recover against Atletico Updated: May-02-16 7:08 am
- Over to you, Spurs: Leicester 2 points away from EPL title Updated: May-01-16 3:05 pm
MANCHESTER, England - One chance gone for Leicester in its attempt to clinch a first English league title.
- Leicester misses 1st chance to clinch Premier League title Updated: May-01-16 12:38 pm
MANCHESTER, England - Leicester missed its first opportunity to clinch the Premier League title, drawing 1-1 at Manchester United on Sunday to move within two points of the most unlikely championship in English soccer in a generation.
- Traveling Ranieri could miss Leicester clinching EPL title Updated: May-01-16 12:11 pm
MANCHESTER, England - If Leicester clinches the English Premier League title on Monday, its manager might be among the last people to know.
- Leicester soccer team was 5,000-1 longshot, now eyes title Updated: Apr-30-16 11:22 am
LONDON - Bettors looking for a wager with a fancifully high payoff last summer could have gone into their local betting shop in England and risked a bit of cash on the proposition that Elvis Presley would be found alive and well.
- Ranieri closes in on Hollywood ending with Leicester Updated: Apr-29-16 1:31 pm
LONDON - The Premier League trophy arrived in Leicester on Friday for a promotional tour. It will surely be back next month with Leicester City etched into the solid silver for the first time.
- Raiders owner to Las Vegas: Build it and we will come Updated: Apr-28-16 4:51 pm
LAS VEGAS - Mark Davis was beaming as he posed with fans behind a black and silver "Las Vegas Raiders" banner. He made a few jokes before delivering a $500 million commitment to a new stadium in the city for his team.
- Agbonlahor quits as captain of relegated Aston Villa Updated: Apr-28-16 12:04 pm
BIRMINGHAM, England - Gabby Agbonlahor has quit as Aston Villa captain and apologized for his off-field conduct.
- Bargain-buys, cast-offs driving Leicester's pursuit of title Updated: Apr-28-16 11:13 am
LEICESTER, England - They are the bargain-buys and cast-offs from bigger clubs now on the verge of becoming Premier League champions.
- Column: Where Leicester fits in sports' history of underdogs Updated: Apr-28-16 10:47 am
PARIS - On the list of improbabilities, just behind hell freezing over and pigs taking to the air was Leicester winning the Premier League. That, at least, is how things seemed nine months ago, at the start of the most unlikely championship charge in English football history.
- FIFA president says Leicester proves fairytales are possible Updated: Apr-28-16 9:30 am
BANGKOK - FIFA President Gianni Infantino visited the headquarters of Leicester's ownership company on Thursday and said the club's Premier League title run shows that fairytales are still possible.
- UEFA opens case against Sakho after failed doping test Updated: Apr-28-16 9:23 am
NYON, Switzerland - UEFA has opened disciplinary proceedings against Mamadou Sakho after the Liverpool defender failed a doping test.
- Suarez and Barcelona lead AP Global Football 10 Updated: Apr-26-16 2:52 pm
LONDON - Eight goals in two games for Barcelona sent Luis Suarez straight to the top of the Associated Press Global Football 10 on Tuesday.
- Vardy suspended for Leicester game at Manchester United Updated: Apr-26-16 4:26 am
LONDON - Leicester striker Jamie Vardy has been banned for an extra game and will miss Sunday's trip to Manchester United, where the Foxes could clinch the English Premier League title.
- Leicester 1 win from Premier League title after Spurs held Updated: Apr-25-16 6:25 pm
LONDON - Leicester is one victory from becoming one of the unlikeliest champions in English football history - a year after nearly being relegated from the Premier League.
- Leicester winger Mahrez voted England's player of the year Updated: Apr-24-16 6:17 pm
LONDON - Leicester winger Riyad Mahrez became the first African to be named English football's player of the year on Sunday, straight after the Algerian helped his team close in on the Premier League title.
- Leicester crushes Swansea 4-0, closing in on 1st PL title Updated: Apr-24-16 2:27 pm
LEICESTER, England - Leicester easily coped without suspended top-scorer Jamie Vardy on Sunday, sweeping to a 4-0 victory over Swansea to move closer to winning the English top flight for the first time in the club's 132-year history.
- Palace beats Watford 2-1 to face Man U in FA Cup final Updated: Apr-24-16 1:05 pm
LONDON - Connor Wickham headed Crystal Palace into the FA Cup final for the first time in 26 years as his team beat Watford 2-1 at Wembley Stadium on Sunday.
- Martial scores late to send Man United into FA Cup final Updated: Apr-23-16 5:53 pm
LONDON - Anthony Martial darted through the Everton defense, slotted in Manchester United's winner and continued his run past the Wembley Stadium stewards before launching himself into the crowd.
- Liverpool defender Mamadou Sakho fails UEFA doping test Updated: Apr-23-16 11:40 am
LONDON - Liverpool defender Mamadou Sakho failed a drugs test after last month's Europa League game against Manchester United and he has until Tuesday to explain it to UEFA.
- Man City eases past Stoke 4-0 to keep pressure on Man United Updated: Apr-23-16 10:18 am
MANCHESTER, England - Manchester City easily defeated Stoke 4-0 in the English Premier League on Saturday to move five points clear of rival Manchester United in the fight for a Champions League spot.
- Thousands of seats empty as Sanchez double sends Arsenal 3rd Updated: Apr-21-16 6:15 pm
LONDON - Alexis Sanchez was surrounded by thousands of empty seats inside Emirates Stadium as he scored twice against West Bromwich Albion to ease Arsenal back into third place with a 2-0 win on Thursday.
- Title rivals Leicester, Spurs have 8 players in team of year Updated: Apr-21-16 3:25 pm
LONDON - Title rivals Leicester and Tottenham have four players each in the English Premier League team of the year voted by their fellow professionals.
- Man United beats Palace 2-0 to boost bid to break into top 4 Updated: Apr-20-16 5:43 pm
MANCHESTER, England - Manchester United prepared for the FA Cup semifinals by beating Crystal Palace 2-0 on Wednesday to enhance its bid to break into the top four places and qualify for the Champions League.
- Liverpool routs Everton 4-0 but striker Origi is carried off Updated: Apr-20-16 5:35 pm
LIVERPOOL, England - Liverpool striker Divock Origi scored before being carried off on a stretcher as Everton was overwhelmed 4-0 in Wednesday's Merseyside derby.