- Aguero earns Man City 1-0 win at Spurs in Premier League Updated: May-03-15 1:26 pm
LONDON - Manchester City responded to officially losing its Premier League title by beating Tottenham 1-0 through Sergio Aguero's goal to cement second place on Sunday.
- Chelsea enjoys smooth ride to the Premier League title Updated: May-03-15 10:50 am
From its pre-season transfer dealings to the form of key players and the team's performance in the Champions League, Chelsea couldn't have wished for a smoother campaign in the Premier League.
- Juventus wins Serie A title, Ronaldo and Suarez star Updated: May-02-15 6:11 pm
Juventus wrapped up its fourth consecutive Serie A title Saturday, giving the Italian powerhouse the domestic crown it has dominated all season in time for its Champions League semifinal against Real Madrid.
- 3rd successive loss for Man United; 8th in row for Newcastle Updated: May-02-15 6:05 pm
After a third successive loss, Manchester United's bid to return to the Champions League is stuttering.
- Gerrard heads Liverpool to 2-1 win vs QPR in Premier League Updated: May-02-15 3:24 pm
LIVERPOOL, England - Liverpool captain Steven Gerrard made amends for missing a penalty by clinching a 2-1 victory over Queens Park Rangers on Saturday that damaged the London club's bid for English Premier League survival.
- West Brom inflicts Man United's 3rd straight loss in EPL Updated: May-02-15 3:23 pm
MANCHESTER, England - Jonas Olsson gave West Bromwich Albion a 1-0 victory at Manchester United on Saturday that should ensure the team stays in the English Premier League.
- Rio Ferdinand's wife Rebecca dies after battle with cancer Updated: May-02-15 3:03 pm
LONDON - The wife of Queens Park Rangers defender Rio Ferdinand has died aged 34 following a short battle with cancer.
- Beckham's influence grows as former soccer star turns 40 Updated: May-01-15 11:00 am
- Villarreal goalie Asenjo out for 7 months after knee injury Updated: Apr-30-15 1:14 pm
MADRID - Villarreal goalkeeper Sergio Asenjo has ruptured the anterior cruciate ligament in his right knee and will likely be sidelined for seven months, the club said on Thursday.
- Chelsea on the brink of clinching Premier League title Updated: Apr-30-15 6:03 am
MANCHESTER, England - By mixing attacking verve with defensive resilience, Chelsea has been a class apart in the Premier League and can win the title Sunday with three games to spare.
- Man City set for upheaval after season of struggles Updated: Apr-29-15 4:02 am
MANCHESTER, England - Proof of the struggles at Manchester City this season arrived when the Premier League's team of the year was announced on Sunday.
- Hull boosts survival hopes with 1-0 win over Liverpool Updated: Apr-28-15 6:03 pm
HULL, England - Michael Dawson's first-half header gave Hull a 1-0 victory over Liverpool on Tuesday that pushed the northeast England club closer to Premier League survival.
- Barcelona, Man United, Chelsea to play exhibitions in US Updated: Apr-28-15 12:56 pm
NEW YORK - Barcelona will play Manchester United in an exhibition game at Santa Clara, California, on July 25 and will meet Chelsea three days later at Landover, Maryland.
- Javier Hernandez, Bayern Munich lead AP Global Football 10 Updated: Apr-28-15 12:45 pm
LONDON - Bayern Munich returned to the top of the Associated Press Global Football 10 on Tuesday after securing a place in the semifinals of the Champions League and winning the German Bundesliga for the 25th time.
- Bournemouth: From the brink of closing to the Premier League Updated: Apr-28-15 10:16 am
BOURNEMOUTH, England - In this seaside town better known for its pier and pensioners than sports, the decades of fighting just to ensure its professional soccer club still exists have paid off. For the first time in its 116-year history, AFC Bournemouth will be playing in England's topflight next season.
- Liverpool striker Sturridge could miss rest of season Updated: Apr-27-15 6:29 am
LIVERPOOL, England - Liverpool striker Daniel Sturridge could miss the final month of the season because of his ongoing injury problems, depriving the Premier League club of its most potent scorer as it chases Champions League qualification.
- Eden Hazard voted player of year by fellow pros in England Updated: Apr-26-15 6:59 pm
LONDON - Eden Hazard's breathtaking individual displays for Chelsea were honored by his fellow professionals in English football on Sunday when he picked up the player of the year award.
- Everton beats Man United 3-0 in Premier League Updated: Apr-26-15 11:23 am
LIVERPOOL, England - Everton moved into the top 10 of the Premier League on Sunday, partly redeeming a hugely disappointing season for its supporters with an impressive 3-0 win over Manchester United.
- Man City leaves it late to beat Aston Villa 3-2 in EPL Updated: Apr-25-15 4:08 pm
MANCHESTER, England - Fernandinho volleyed in an 89th-minute winner as Manchester City survived throwing away a two-goal lead to beat Aston Villa 3-2 and cement a place in the English Premier League's top four for the soon-to-be-deposed champions.
- Juventus rounds out mouthwatering final four in CL Updated: Apr-22-15 7:48 pm
MONACO - Juventus and Italian football are back among the elite of the elite in Europe.
- Gerrard misses out on perfect farewell in FA Cup final Updated: Apr-19-15 6:32 pm
LONDON - It was supposed to be the dream farewell for Steven Gerrard. With the FA Cup final falling on his 35th birthday, it was an opportunity for a perfect send-off.
- Hazard sends Chelsea 10 points clear by clinching United win Updated: Apr-18-15 4:18 pm
LONDON - Eden Hazard propelled Chelsea closer to its first English Premier League title in five years on Saturday by clinching a 1-0 victory over Manchester United that established a 10-point lead.
- PSV Eindhoven wins Eredivisie title, first since 2008 Updated: Apr-18-15 4:02 pm
THE HAGUE, Netherlands - PSV Eindhoven sealed its 22nd Eredivisie title and dethroned four-time defending champion Ajax when it beat SC Heernveen 4-1 on Saturday.
- Rooney may play as holding midfielder for United vs Chelsea Updated: Apr-17-15 1:00 pm
MANCHESTER, England - Wayne Rooney's successful stint as Manchester United's main striker is set to be cut short, with the England captain likely to drop back and play as a holding midfielder in Saturday's Premier League game against Chelsea to solve an injury crisis.
- Arsenal, Reading meet in FA Cup semifinal mismatch Updated: Apr-17-15 10:59 am
In the red corner is the team playing the best soccer in England, boasting an eight-match winning run and a record-tying 27 appearances in the FA Cup semifinals.