- GOP, Dems now face pension vote fallout in 2014 Updated: Dec-07-13 1:05 pm
- Conn. US senators push for Metro-North safety Updated: Dec-07-13 12:56 pm
- Analysis: Dog of year in Congress whimpers to end Updated: Dec-07-13 11:28 am
- Economic bright spots not a sure boost for Obama Updated: Dec-07-13 8:27 am
- AP Exclusive: Rough ride for US-Russia copter deal Updated: Dec-07-13 8:02 am
- Senators talk up benefits of Illiana Expressway Updated: Dec-07-13 4:06 am
- Republican Tom Cotton invites Obama to Arkansas Updated: Dec-06-13 6:50 pm
- Advocacy groups issue 'F' grades to Cruz, Cornyn Updated: Dec-06-13 5:26 pm
- US Sen. Paul pushes for tax breaks to help Detroit Updated: Dec-06-13 4:43 pm
- Reaction to Cochran's decision to seek re-election Updated: Dec-06-13 3:01 pm
- Weather postpones Rand Paul visit to Arkansas Updated: Dec-06-13 9:11 am
- Dems, GOP craft backup for stalled defense bill Updated: Dec-06-13 4:22 am
- Freight train derailment closes turnpike ramps Updated: Dec-05-13 7:32 pm
- Budget deal? Big obstacles, New Year's deadline Updated: Dec-05-13 6:20 pm
- New TV ad in NC aims at Tillis in Senate race Updated: Dec-05-13 5:35 pm
- Milk prices could rise if farm bill looms Updated: Dec-05-13 5:13 pm
- El Paso attorney challenging Cornyn for US Senate Updated: Dec-05-13 4:14 pm
- Report: NSA tracks billions of cellphones daily Updated: Dec-04-13 7:38 pm
- US Sen. Warren vows to serve out six-year term Updated: Dec-04-13 4:09 pm
- Excerpts from recent Wisconsin editorials Updated: Dec-04-13 3:08 pm
- Wealthy Democrat challenging Cornyn for US Senate Updated: Dec-04-13 2:13 pm
- Congressman: No Iran cheating on nuclear deal yet Updated: Dec-04-13 2:00 pm
- US senator plans stops at 8 W.Va. localities Updated: Dec-04-13 2:59 am
- Mexico Senate approves major political reforms Updated: Dec-04-13 2:02 am
- Missouri's Boeing incentives could total $1.7B Updated: Dec-03-13 9:23 pm
SPRINGFIELD, Illinois - While Illinois Republicans have made solving the state's pension crisis their issue for years, far fewer GOP lawmakers than expected supported the watershed package of reforms passed by the Legislature Tuesday.
HARTFORD, Connecticut - Connecticut U.S. senators are stepping up pressure on Metro-North Railroad to revamp safety systems after federal transportation regulators ordered the commuter train operator to take emergency measures in the wake of a derailment that killed four people in the Bronx this week.
WASHINGTON - Barring uncharacteristically swift work by Congress, more than a million victims of the recession will lose long-term employment benefits over the holidays, the price of milk could shoot up in late winter and government payments might fall sharply for doctors who treat Medicare patients.
WASHINGTON - To a struggling White House, the economy that was supposed to be a political millstone is losing some drag.
WASHINGTON - The deal looked sketchy from the start.
LITTLE ROCK, Arkansas - Republican Senate hopeful and U.S. Rep. Tom Cotton said Friday that President Barack Obama should visit Arkansas to see the effects of the nation's new health care law - issuing a no-lose invitation that his campaign opponent dismissed as a political stunt.
AUSTIN, Texas - A coalition of advocacy groups including the Texas chapter of the powerful National Education Association issued failing grades Friday to U.S. Sens. John Cornyn and Ted Cruz, saying they haven't defended public schools or reformed a flawed federal immigration system.
DETROIT - Lowering taxes for businesses in struggling cities like Detroit is the best way to confront poverty and unemployment, said U.S. Sen. Rand Paul.
JACKSON, Mississippi - Reaction to the decision by U.S. Sen. Thad Cochran, R-Miss., to seek a seventh term in 2014:
HOT SPRINGS, Arkansas - U.S. Sen. Rand Paul's planned visit to Arkansas has been postponed because of the wintry weather.
WASHINGTON - Facing a standoff in the Senate, the top Democrats and Republicans on Congress' military panels are working on a backup plan to ensure that they complete a far-reaching defense policy bill before year's end.
CARTERET, New Jersey - A U.S. Senator is calling for better rail safety after two tanker cars carrying a flammable liquid derailed from a freight train in New Jersey.
WASHINGTON - With hopes of a "grand bargain" long gone, congressional negotiators now are seeking a more modest deal before year-end to ease the automatic spending cuts that are squeezing both the Pentagon and domestic federal programs. But the going is getting rougher.
RALEIGH, North Carolina - A political committee supporting Democratic Sen. Kay Hagan has started running North Carolina television commercials aiming at state House Speaker Thom Tillis, a potential Republican challenger next fall.
WASHINGTON - A New Year's deadline that could send the price of milk skyward looms over congressional negotiators as they try to reach agreement on a five-year farm bill. They've been tripped up by differences over the nation's food stamp program and how to restructure farm subsidies.
EL PASO, Texas - An El Paso attorney and Democrat has announced she's running against incumbent Republican U.S. Sen. John Cornyn.
WASHINGTON - The National Security Agency tracks the locations of nearly 5 billion cellphones every day overseas, including those belonging to Americans abroad, The Washington Post reported Wednesday.
BOSTON - U.S. Sen. Elizabeth Warren is insisting she has no plans to run for president in 2016.
Appleton Post-Crescent, Nov. 29
AUSTIN, Texas - A wealthy Dallas Dentist who spent lavishly while running unsuccessfully for Congress last year is challenging longtime incumbent U.S. Sen. John Cornyn.
WASHINGTON - A Democrat on the House Intelligence Committee says there's no evidence yet that Iran is violating last month's nuclear accord with world powers.
WHEELING, West Virginia - U.S. Sen. Joe Manchin will discuss job creation, small business growth and educational opportunity during a tour this week of the Northern Panhandle and the Metro Valley.
MEXICO CITY - Mexico's Senate has passed the most dramatic political reform attempt in decades that would allow re-election of federal legislators, create new election oversight and make the Attorney General's office independent from the executive.
JEFFERSON CITY, Missouri - Missouri senators hoping to land production of a new Boeing airplane were set to begin debate Wednesday on a package of incentives valued at up to $1.7 billion over two decades.