- Republican NC Senate candidates meet in debate Updated: Apr-23-14 4:49 am
- Boogeymen and shady deals define spin for Senate Updated: Apr-23-14 3:11 am
- Republicans in NC's Senate race trade few hits Updated: Apr-22-14 10:56 pm
- US clears Egypt for some military assistance Updated: Apr-22-14 10:35 pm
- US Sen. Schatz asks United Airlines to keep jobs Updated: Apr-22-14 7:58 pm
- Michigan elections take shape at filing deadline Updated: Apr-22-14 6:19 pm
- Cotton defends vote against farm bill Updated: Apr-22-14 6:06 pm
- Arkansas US Sen. John Boozman out of heart surgery Updated: Apr-22-14 6:05 pm
- Republican US Sen. Blunt speaks to Mo. House Updated: Apr-22-14 4:48 pm
- Oklahoma faces budget crisis despite economic boom Updated: Apr-22-14 4:22 pm
- Rounds has clear cash edge heading toward primary Updated: Apr-22-14 4:05 pm
- Senators seek support for Southwest Chief route Updated: Apr-22-14 4:02 pm
- Senate holds Miami Beach hearing on climate change Updated: Apr-22-14 3:59 pm
- Udall ad attacks GOP's Gardner over abortion Updated: Apr-22-14 2:36 pm
- Abeler says he won't seek re-election to House Updated: Apr-22-14 12:46 pm
- Roundup of Oklahoma editorials Updated: Apr-22-14 9:05 am
- Roundup of Arkansas editorials Updated: Apr-22-14 9:05 am
- 4 NC GOP Senate hopefuls meet on stage for debate Updated: Apr-22-14 4:04 am
- Sen. Scott slated to speak at Bob Jones University Updated: Apr-22-14 4:04 am
- FAA head visits ND airport strained by oil boom Updated: Apr-21-14 10:26 pm
- Bennett seeks to unite GOP at convention Updated: Apr-21-14 9:37 pm
- Bob Dole says US should send weapons to Ukraine Updated: Apr-21-14 7:10 pm
- UAW drops appeal of defeat in Volkswagen vote Updated: Apr-21-14 5:19 pm
- Clinton White House lawyer named top Obama counsel Updated: Apr-21-14 4:40 pm
- McConnell touts his conservative record in TV ad Updated: Apr-21-14 4:30 pm
DAVIDSON, North Carolina - The front runner in the race for North Carolina's Republican U.S. Senate nomination is trying to keep his message on his own record and working to defeat Democratic incumbent Kay Hagan in November, rather than attacking his leading GOP rivals.
WASHINGTON - To hear party operatives describe the fight for the Senate, it's the boogeyman billionaires against the shifty septuagenarian.
DAVIDSON, North Carolina - The candidate in North Carolina's Republican Senate primary with backing from the party's Washington establishment came under little direct criticism Tuesday night as his top rivals had their first real chance to challenge him face to face.
WASHINGTON - The Obama administration said Tuesday it has certified that Egypt is upholding its 35-year-old peace treaty with Israel and therefore qualifies for some military and counterterrorism assistance.
HONOLULU - US Sen. Brian Schatz is asking officials at United Airlines not to outsource about 220 jobs in Hawaii.
LANSING, Michigan - Michigan's top-of-the-ticket gubernatorial and U.S. Senate candidates can look ahead to November while many others vying for the largest number of open U.S. House seats in 22 years must first survive the August primary.
NORTH LITTLE ROCK, Arkansas - Republican Senate hopeful and U.S. Rep. Tom Cotton defended his vote against the Farm Bill as he addressed the state's largest agricultural advocacy group on Tuesday, while U.S. Sen. Mark Pryor accused his rival of turning a "deaf ear" on Arkansas farmers.
LITTLE ROCK, Arkansas - Arkansas U.S. Sen. John Boozman had unscheduled heart surgery Tuesday at a hospital in the northwestern part of the state, where his office said he was recovering well.
JEFFERSON CITY, Missouri - U.S. Sen. Roy Blunt says there are no federal solutions to many problems confronting governments.
OKLAHOMA CITY - Oklahoma's oil patch is booming, its capital city is thriving and the unemployment rate is falling, testifying to the state's roaring recovery from the recession.
SIOUX FALLS, South Dakota - Former Gov. Mike Rounds has the clear edge in campaign cash heading toward the June Republican primary for the seat being vacated by retiring Sen. Tim Johnson.
ALBUQUERQUE, New Mexico - Three U.S. senators are seeking support for capital improvements to Amtrak's long-distance routes, including one that passes through New Mexico and Colorado.
MIAMI BEACH, Florida - South Florida officials testified Tuesday before a U.S. Senate subcommittee that they're already shouldering the burdens of rising sea levels and they need state and federal partners to do more to help adapt their coastline to the effects of climate change.
DENVER - Democratic Senator Mark Udall aired the first ad of his closely-watched re-election campaign on Tuesday, highlighting his challenger's opposition to abortion rights.
ST. PAUL, Minnesota - Anoka Republican Jim Abeler says he won't seek re-election to his House seat as he focuses on running for U.S. Senate.
Here are excerpts from recent editorials in Oklahoma newspapers:
Here are excerpts from recent editorials in Arkansas newspapers:
DAVIDSON, North Carolina - Four of the eight Republican candidates for the U.S. Senate in North Carolina are meeting on the same stage for a live debate two weeks before the May 6 primary.
GREENVILLE, South Carolina - U.S. Senator Tim Scott is speaking this week at Bob Jones University.
WILLISTON, North Dakota - North Dakota state and local officials hosted the head of the Federal Aviation Administration in Williston on Monday to push their case for federal assistance and funding for infrastructure development at several airports strained by the state's oil boom.
PORTLAND, Maine - After two raucous and divisive GOP conventions, Maine Republican party chairman Rick Bennett is promoting solidarity.
OVERLAND PARK, Kansas - Former Republican presidential nominee Bob Dole said Monday that the U.S. should send weapons, including tanks, to Ukraine to help it resist Russia's moves on its territory and to send Russian President Vladimir Putin a strong message.
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - The United Auto Workers dropped its appeal of a worker vote against unionizing at a Volkswagen plant in Tennessee, a move that the union said should put pressure on Republican politicians to quickly approve incentives the German automaker is seeking to expand its lone U.S. assembly plant.
WASHINGTON - President Barack Obama is naming a prominent white collar defense attorney and veteran of president Bill Clinton's White House as his new top lawyer. Neil Eggleston will replace Obama's long-time counsel Kathryn Ruemmler who is leaving after three years in the job.
FRANKFORT, Kentucky - U.S. Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell promotes his role in blocking higher taxes and protecting fishing rights in a TV campaign ad aimed at reinforcing his conservative credentials against his political newcomer opponent Matt Bevin, who is trying to win over Republicans by taking on the political establishment.