- GOP making bold play for US Senate seat in Oregon Updated: Apr-20-14 5:15 pm
- Heitkamp, Hoeven criticize pipeline decision delay Updated: Apr-20-14 5:14 pm
- US Sen. Durbin says he's taking Oberweis seriously Updated: Apr-20-14 1:27 pm
- Democrat's retirement opens door for GOP in NC 7th Updated: Apr-20-14 11:37 am
- Ga. GOP Senate hopefuls try to separate themselves Updated: Apr-19-14 5:12 pm
- Sullivan opens field office in Fairbanks Updated: Apr-19-14 4:41 pm
- After long wait, ranchers find relief from USDA Updated: Apr-19-14 4:40 pm
- Sen. Warren's book focuses on working family woes Updated: Apr-19-14 3:47 pm
- GOP gubernatorial candidates clash in debate Updated: Apr-19-14 3:19 pm
- Majority of legislators accept automatic raise Updated: Apr-19-14 11:14 am
- Hagan contrasts persona, GOP in NC Senate campaign Updated: Apr-19-14 11:07 am
- Connecticut to study Rocky Hill Veterans Home Updated: Apr-19-14 10:43 am
- National energy boom blurs political battle lines Updated: Apr-19-14 8:58 am
- Shedding light on Clinton's health overhaul flop Updated: Apr-19-14 4:44 am
- Analysis: Hoping legislative defeats boost turnout Updated: Apr-19-14 4:26 am
- US senator: Metro-North fined $552,000 past decade Updated: Apr-18-14 7:58 pm
- Wildlife refuge renamed after former Gov. Bumpers Updated: Apr-18-14 7:35 pm
- Congressional committees probing Arizona's VA care Updated: Apr-18-14 6:59 pm
- Tillis is 4th to appear in WRAL Senate debate Updated: Apr-18-14 6:27 pm
- Ky. speaker: Hacker tweeted anti-McConnell remarks Updated: Apr-18-14 5:26 pm
- Baucus casts wide shadow over Montana Senate race Updated: Apr-18-14 5:08 pm
- Senate hopeful Ortman reports $375K in Q1 Updated: Apr-18-14 11:22 am
- DeFazio tours abandoned mine Superfund site Updated: Apr-17-14 11:07 pm
- Sullivan brings in $1.4M in first quarter Updated: Apr-17-14 10:42 pm
- AEA battles tax credits in court, at ballot box Updated: Apr-17-14 6:02 pm
LAKE OSWEGO, Oregon - The GOP is making a bold play for a U.S. Senate seat in reliably Democratic Oregon, where a Republican hasn't been elected to a statewide office in more than a decade.
WILLISTON, North Dakota - Members of North Dakota's congressional delegation are criticizing the Obama administration for putting off its decision on the contentious Keystone XL pipeline.
CHICAGO - U.S. Sen. Dick Durbin says he's taking his opponent in the November election more seriously than any challenger since he first was elected to the Senate nearly two decades ago.
RALEIGH, North Carolina - Two years ago, Republican David Rouzer lost to Democratic U.S. Rep. Mike McIntyre by just 654 votes - a razor-thin margin of 0.2 percent among the nearly 337,000 ballots cast.
GROVETOWN, Georgia - Georgia's top Republican Senate hopefuls are scrambling to prove who'd be the most conservative opponent to take on Democratic favorite Michelle Nunn in a race that will help determine which party controls the Senate for the final two years of President Barack Obama's term.
FAIRBANKS, Alaska - U.S. Senate candidate Dan Sullivan has opened a campaign field office in Fairbanks.
WASHINGTON - Gary Cammack wondered if his state's ranching community could recover.
BOSTON - In her new book, "A Fighting Chance," U.S. Sen. Elizabeth Warren describes a life spent fighting for economic fairness for the nation's working families.
LITTLE ROCK, Arkansas - Republican gubernatorial hopeful Asa Hutchinson called rival Curtis Coleman's vow to resist some deployments of the Arkansas National Guard "inflammatory rhetoric" as the two squared off in a debate on Saturday.
MONTGOMERY, Alabama - A majority of Alabama legislators accepted an automatic pay raise this spring, the last one they will receive under a controversial 2007 pay raise resolution.
RALEIGH, North Carolina - Kay Hagan's self-identification as a middle-of-the-road U.S. senator who fights for the middle class, among other groups, and responds effectively to constituent requests may sound trite coming from any politician's mouth seeking re-election.
ROCKY HILL, Connecticut - A push to end homelessness among Connecticut veterans by 2015 is generating renewed interest in the state's Veterans Home in Rocky Hill.
DENVER - The U.S. energy boom is blurring the traditional political battle lines across the country.
WASHINGTON - Thousands of pages of documents from President Bill Clinton's White House affirm a longtime adage: The more things change, the more they stay the same.
WASHINGTON - Flip sides of the same campaign-season coin, the Republican drive in Congress to repeal the nation's health care law and the Democratic call to close the pay gap for women have much in common.
NEW HAVEN, Connecticut - Metro-North, the nation's second-largest commuter railroad, has been fined $552,000 over the past decade for safety violations and defects, U.S. Sen. Richard Blumenthal said Friday.
ST. CHARLES, Arkansas - A national wildlife refuge in southeastern Arkansas was renamed Friday after Dale Bumpers, a former governor and U.S. senator, at a ceremony in St. Charles.
RALEIGH, North Carolina - House Speaker Thom Tillis now plans to join three other North Carolina Republican U.S. Senate candidates in a second televised debate next week.
FRANKFORT, Kentucky - Kentucky's House speaker says someone hacked into his Twitter account to post inflammatory comments about U.S. Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell.
HELENA, Montana - Max Baucus' decision not to seek re-election to the Senate after 35 years opened the door for Republicans to pick up one of the six Democratic seats they need to recapture control of the Senate. But his early resignation after being named U.S. ambassador to China may have bolstered Democratic prospects of retaining the seat they've held for a century, thanks to the value of incumbency.
ST. PAUL, Minnesota - Republican U.S. Senate hopeful Julianne Ortman says her campaign raised $375,000 during the first quarter.
RIDDLE, Oregon - U.S. Rep. Peter DeFazio on Thursday toured an abandoned copper mine in southwestern Oregon that is on the Superfund list of major pollution sites as he prepares to file legislation to overhaul the nation's primary mining law.
JUNEAU, Alaska - Republican U.S. Senate hopeful Dan Sullivan raised more money during the first quarter than he previously reported.
MONTGOMERY, Alabama - The state teachers' organization is fighting private school tax credits in court and the architect of the tax credits at the ballot box.