- Road kill bill would make claiming animals simpler Updated: Apr-19-14 4:13 am
- Lawmaker who mistakenly took tax break makes it up Updated: Apr-18-14 6:46 am
- Official: Killer of trooper remains hospitalized Updated: Apr-16-14 10:01 am
- Snyder signs legislation to speed up adoptions Updated: Apr-15-14 5:26 pm
- State activates Emergency Operations Center Updated: Apr-14-14 8:13 pm
- A roundup of recent Michigan newspaper editorials Updated: Apr-14-14 9:04 am
- Snyder approves $27.6 million in outdoors grants Updated: Apr-14-14 4:05 am
- Rules signed into law for Michigan mobile dentists Updated: Apr-13-14 8:40 pm
- Congressional primary races fill up for open seats Updated: Apr-12-14 4:05 am
- Officials: About 140 cats found living in home Updated: Apr-11-14 5:29 am
- Gov. Snyder signs bill to block scrap metal thefts Updated: Apr-10-14 10:43 pm
- Michigan Democrats draft furniture contract bill Updated: Apr-10-14 7:24 pm
- Byrum not running for Rogers' seat in Congress Updated: Apr-08-14 2:41 pm
- Correction: Body Donations story Updated: Apr-07-14 2:33 pm
- Snyder calls House road funding plan constructive Updated: Apr-06-14 3:02 pm
- Full court review sought on Michigan gay marriage Updated: Apr-04-14 5:31 pm
- Michigan House proposes $500 million roads minimum Updated: Apr-03-14 7:23 pm
- Man charged with using religion to pull off scam Updated: Apr-03-14 2:16 pm
- Bishop announces bid for Rogers' seat in Congress Updated: Apr-02-14 11:59 am
- Calley signs bills so cities don't lose revenue Updated: Apr-01-14 6:10 pm
- Calley signs bills cutting taxes for oil drilling Updated: Apr-01-14 4:33 pm
- Michigan attorney general wants action on carp Updated: Apr-01-14 10:01 am
- Supreme Court to hear dispute over court costs Updated: Mar-29-14 4:13 am
- Rogers, GOP hawk, quitting Congress for radio show Updated: Mar-28-14 8:51 pm
- Snyder signs bills so cities don't lose revenue Updated: Mar-28-14 7:38 pm
LANSING, Michigan - Getting a drive-through meal could take on new meaning in Michigan if legislation is approved making it easier to take home road kill.
DETROIT - A Michigan lawmaker who says she and her husband mistakenly took a property tax break on a rental property they own in suburban Detroit has paid $4,550 to Wayne County and a nonprofit to make up for the error.
JACKSON, Michigan - An official says a man sentenced to life in prison last week for the slaying of a Michigan state trooper remains hospitalized after trying to kill himself.
LANSING, Michigan - Gov. Rick Snyder has signed legislation designed to speed up adoptions.
LANSING, Michigan - Severe weather and flooding in Michigan's Lower Peninsula have prompted the partial activation of the State Emergency Operations Center.
The Flint Journal. April 8.
LANSING, Michigan - Gov. Rick Snyder has signed legislation approving more than $27.6 million in grants from the Michigan Natural Resources Trust Fund.
LANSING, Michigan - Gov. Rick Snyder has signed a law he says will help increase the standards of care for mobile dental facilities.
LANSING, Michigan - Four Michigan lawmakers are exiting the U.S. House in January, leaving their congressional seats with wide open races after years of stability.
FARMINGTON HILLS, Michigan - Animal welfare officials are seeking new homes for dozens of cats after about 140 were found living with a woman in suburban Detroit.
LANSING, Michigan - Gov. Rick Snyder on Thursday signed legislation intended to crack down on sales of stolen scrap metal, widely cited as a motive for destructive vandalism in Detroit.
LANSING, Michigan - Minority Democratic lawmakers are turning a debate over furniture into a legislative issue with bills that redistribute contract funding and increase financial disclosure requirements.
LANSING, Michigan - Democratic Ingham County Clerk Barb Byrum says she won't run for Michigan's 8th District U.S. House seat to replace Republican U.S. Rep. Mike Rogers.
LANSING, Michigan - In a story April 5 about proposed changes in body donations to Michigan medical schools, The Associated Press reported erroneously that Barbara Norgan is the supervisor of the Michigan State University donation program. She supervises the Wayne State University donation program.
LANSING, Michigan - Gov. Rick Snyder praised Republican House leaders' plan to spend $500 million annually on roads as a proactive move toward long-term funding changes, but said it falls short of his spending target.
DETROIT - Michigan Attorney General Bill Schuette (SHOO'-tee) wants an entire federal appeals court to take a look at a decision overturning the state's ban on gay marriage.
LANSING, Michigan - Michigan's ragged roads could stay smoother for longer under changes to transportation funding proposed by House leaders Thursday.
SOUTHFIELD, Michigan - A Detroit man is accused of using religion to gain the confidence of people with mortgage problems and steal more than $300,000.
LANSING, Michigan - Michigan Lt. Gov. Brian Calley has signed legislation designed to ensure local government budgets aren't hurt if manufacturers and small businesses get planned tax cuts.
KALAMAZOO, Michigan - During a visit to Western Michigan University, Lt. Gov. Brian Calley signed legislation Tuesday aimed at encouraging a type of oil drilling that uses carbon dioxide.
LANSING, Michigan - Michigan Attorney General Bill Schuette (SHOO'-tee) has filed a protest to the federal government's latest report on ways to stop a Great Lakes invasion of Asian carp.
DETROIT - A man who pleaded guilty to a drug crime was sentenced to a year in prison. He also was hit with a $1,000 bill, his share of the cost of having a case in a western Michigan courthouse: legal help, lights, phone, security, even the fitness room used by employees.
WASHINGTON - Rep. Mike Rogers, the brash-talking Republican security hawk who has criticized the Obama administration yet commanded uncommon bipartisan support as chairman of the House Intelligence Committee, said Friday he was retiring from Congress next year.
LANSING, Michigan - Michigan Gov. Rick Snyder has signed legislation designed to ensure local government budgets aren't hurt if manufacturers and small businesses get planned tax cuts.