- No vote on expansion of district for bad schools Updated: Dec-12-13 8:07 pm
- Michigan Legislature approves fund to tout hunting Updated: Dec-12-13 7:31 pm
- Bills requiring EpiPens in schools goes to Snyder Updated: Dec-12-13 6:22 pm
- Eviction of homeless in Battle Creek is delayed Updated: Dec-12-13 11:59 am
- Campaign bills win final OK from Mich. Legislature Updated: Dec-12-13 11:30 am
- Final day of voting to be busy in Michigan Capitol Updated: Dec-12-13 5:32 am
- 'Selfie' is on the record at state Supreme Court Updated: Dec-12-13 4:07 am
- Michigan puts restrictions on abortion insurance Updated: Dec-11-13 9:52 pm
- Trooper-death suspect wife sentenced as accessory Updated: Dec-11-13 9:39 pm
- Senate OKs expanded district for failing schools Updated: Dec-11-13 8:47 pm
- Mich. court examines one of Granholm's last acts Updated: Dec-11-13 4:58 pm
- Mich. lawmakers vote to make Capitol historic site Updated: Dec-11-13 3:40 pm
- Future of 'buff judge' hits Mich. Supreme Court Updated: Dec-11-13 2:20 pm
- Mental health court bills nearing Snyder's desk Updated: Dec-11-13 12:12 pm
- Bills blocking welfare recipients from ATMs OK'd Updated: Dec-10-13 4:23 pm
- 8 died in Michigan crashes around Thanksgiving Updated: Dec-10-13 11:16 am
- Mich. bill designed to protect late-night clerks Updated: Dec-09-13 7:17 pm
- State Sen. Bert Johnson running for US House seat Updated: Dec-09-13 6:31 pm
- Michigan House doesn't vote on education bills Updated: Dec-05-13 3:31 pm
- Anti-blight bills headed to Michigan governor Updated: Dec-05-13 11:05 am
- Mich. Senate votes to authorize sale of building Updated: Dec-04-13 8:58 pm
- House votes to assume teen prostitutes are victims Updated: Dec-04-13 6:58 pm
- House votes to ensure jury trials in state suits Updated: Dec-04-13 4:42 pm
- Michigan House budget rising 5 percent in 2014 Updated: Dec-04-13 4:29 pm
- Michigan city plans own crime lab to speed results Updated: Dec-03-13 10:41 pm
LANSING, Michigan - The Michigan Legislature has adjourned for the year without authorizing the expansion of a statewide turnaround district for failing public schools.
LANSING, Michigan - Michigan lawmakers have voted to create a fund to sell the public on the benefits of hunting.
LANSING, Michigan - Bills requiring every public school in Michigan to have special injectors to treat allergic reactions are going to Gov. Rick Snyder's desk.
BATTLE CREEK, Michigan - The planned eviction of a group of homeless people camping near an interstate interchange in Battle Creek has been delayed indefinitely.
LANSING, Michigan - Michigan lawmakers have finished approving bills to double the maximum contributions to political candidates and block a plan to require disclosure of donors to certain kinds of election ads.
LANSING, Michigan - Michigan lawmakers are preparing to pass a flurry of bills on the last day of voting in 2013.
LANSING, Michigan - The word "selfie" is spoken even at the Michigan Supreme Court.
LANSING, Michigan - Michigan will join more conservative states in requiring residents who want health insurance coverage for abortions to buy an extra policy, after Republican legislators passed the law Wednesday over the objections of Democrats who pleaded for them to take the issue to voters instead.
LUDINGTON, Michigan - The pregnant wife of a man charged with fatally shooting a Michigan state trooper during a traffic stop has been sentenced to two to five years in prison for helping him escape.
LANSING, Michigan - The Republican-led Michigan Senate has narrowly approved legislation allowing for the expansion of a state school district for failing schools to the rest of Michigan. It now operates only in Detroit.
LANSING, Michigan - A decision to grant but then scratch a parole opportunity for a prisoner hit the docket of the Michigan Supreme Court on Wednesday as justices sparred with lawyers in an unprecedented case about a governor's constitutional power.
LANSING, Michigan - Michigan lawmakers have given final approval to bills overhauling the Capitol building's oversight but continue working on how to ensure lasting maintenance money for the building.
LANSING, Michigan - A Detroit-area judge was "stupid" for having an affair with a woman who appeared in his court, but he shouldn't lose his job over it, an attorney said Wednesday as he urged the Michigan Supreme Court to choose a different punishment.
LANSING, Michigan - Legislation to create special courts under Michigan law that serve people with mental illnesses is nearing Gov. Rick Snyder's desk.
LANSING, Michigan - Michigan lawmakers have finished approving bills to block welfare recipients from withdrawing their taxpayer-provided cash from ATMs in liquor stores, horse tracks and strip clubs.
LANSING, Michigan - Michigan State Police say at least eight people died in eight separate traffic crashes around the Thanksgiving holiday.
NORTON SHORES, Michigan - A Michigan legislator on Monday announced a bill to require gas stations and convenience stores that stay open between 11 p.m. and 5 a.m. to have two employees working or to install security cameras.
LANSING, Michigan - The Michigan House has put off voting on legislation to hold back third-graders who aren't proficient in reading and grade public schools from A to F instead of colors.
LANSING, Michigan - Michigan is close to enacting laws designed to crack down on the owners of blighted properties.
LANSING, Michigan - State senators authorized the potential sale of their downtown office building on Wednesday, drawing criticism from a top Democrat who alleged a secret deal already has been struck to move into nicer offices nearby.
LANSING, Michigan - The Michigan House has voted to give legal protection to teen prostitutes in an attempt to address human trafficking.
LANSING, Michigan - The Michigan House has voted unanimously to ensure that the right to jury trials continues in certain lawsuits filed against the state.
LANSING, Michigan - Lawmakers in the Michigan House will see their office budgets rise 5 percent in 2014.
WYOMING, Michigan - The Grand Rapids suburb of Wyoming plans to create its own crime lab so that it can get evidence analyzed more quickly.