- Squaw Valley to fete Reno-Tahoe Olympians March 21 Updated: Mar-02-14 5:51 pm
- Olympic Viewing: Putin's seatmate, most tweeted Updated: Feb-23-14 10:40 pm
- Rock, classical, Broadway at Sochi gala skate Updated: Feb-22-14 2:47 pm
- Dutch close Olympic speedskating with 2 more golds Updated: Feb-22-14 12:12 pm
- Dutch speedskaters end Olympics with 2 more golds Updated: Feb-22-14 10:38 am
- Wild completes sweep in snowboard parallel slalom Updated: Feb-22-14 10:30 am
- South Korea protests women's figure skating result Updated: Feb-22-14 5:55 am
- Dominant Canada strengthens grip on world curling Updated: Feb-22-14 4:49 am
- Russia reaffirms command of Olympic figure skating Updated: Feb-21-14 8:12 pm
- Hail the Viktor: Ahn wins 2 short track golds Updated: Feb-21-14 5:37 pm
- Yuna Kim wants to be remembered as a skater Updated: Feb-21-14 8:45 am
- Norway regains top status; Frenzel wins again Updated: Feb-21-14 6:58 am
- A different Olympics on TVs across the world Updated: Feb-21-14 5:56 am
- Onozuka captures bronze for Japan in ski halfpipe Updated: Feb-20-14 5:02 pm
- Sarah Burke's night; Maddie Bowman's gold in Sochi Updated: Feb-20-14 4:56 pm
- Russian Sotnikova wins gold, Kim silver Updated: Feb-20-14 4:49 pm
- Tokyo 2020 chairman critical of Mao Asada Updated: Feb-20-14 10:30 am
- Norway wins gold medal in Nordic combined team Updated: Feb-20-14 9:08 am
- Austria looks for 3rd team win at Sochi Games Updated: Feb-19-14 5:46 pm
- Russia's snowboard couple medals together in Sochi Updated: Feb-19-14 4:46 pm
- Kim wins short program, Lipnitskaia falls to 5th Updated: Feb-19-14 4:27 pm
- Takeuchi continues Japan's run at Extreme Park Updated: Feb-19-14 10:56 am
- Stone is 1st woman to coach US Olympic hockey team Updated: Feb-19-14 7:52 am
- Training canceled for Nordic combined team event Updated: Feb-19-14 6:46 am
- Kummer wins gold in women's parallel giant slalom Updated: Feb-19-14 6:37 am
RENO, Nevada - Squaw Valley is planning a special celebration at the Sierra ski resort March 21 to honor more than a dozen U.S. Olympians from the Reno-Lake Tahoe area who competed in the Winter Games in Sochi, Russia, including three who brought home gold.
Highlights from television coverage of the Sochi Olympics:
SOCHI, Russia - With the pressure off and no medals at stake, it was time for the Olympic figure skaters to have some fun.
SOCHI, Russia - The final day of speedskating at the Sochi Olympics was nothing more than a victory lap for the mighty Dutch.
SOCHI, Russia - The Netherlands won gold in the last speedskating event of the Sochi Olympics, routing Poland in the final of women's team pursuit Saturday.
KRASNAYA POLYANA, Russia - Facing a nearly impossible deficit against a four-time world champion he'd never outraced, all the unorthodox choices snowboarder Vic Wild made to keep his career alive converged over 30 glorious seconds of perfection.
SOCHI, Russia - The South Korean Olympic Committee has protested the results of the women's figure skating competition, although the sport's international governing body said Saturday it has not yet received the letter.
SOCHI, Russia - China is rising. The traditional hotbeds of Scotland and Scandinavia are still going strong. The likes of South America and Kuwait are starting to get interested.
SOCHI, Russia - Russia's figure skaters meekly left the Vancouver Olympics four years ago with just one silver medal.
SOCHI, Russia - Viktor Ahn was already a Russian citizen. At the Sochi Olympics, he was embraced as a national hero by his adopted country.
SOCHI, Russia - Yuna Kim knows what she wants as her legacy.
KRASNAYA POLYANA, Russia - Joergen Graabak delivered a long awaited Olympic gold medal for the nation that pioneered Nordic combined, then added another victory for good measure to help Norway restore its status in the sport.
In Sweden, commentators have fun with Norway's misfortunes. The Dutch can't get enough of their speedskaters. Japan is so crazy about figure skating they show warmups. Canada is hockey crazy, Russia struggles to stay positive even when things look down and the U.S. salutes its stars with the national anthem as it's time to go to bed.
KRASNAYA POLYANA, Russia - Ayana Onozuka of Japan gave up speed on a downhill course for spins in a halfpipe.
KRASNAYA POLYANA, Russia - Sarah Burke's parents looked up the hill and saw the halfpipe workers making one last trip down in the formation of a heart.
SOCHI, Russia - Russia's cupboard was so bare of world-class female figure skaters that the sport's most dominant nation had to turn to the kids a few years ago.
TOKYO - The head of Tokyo's 2020 Olympic organizing committee has criticized Japanese figure skater Mao Asada's performance in the women's short program at the Sochi Olympics.
KRASNAYA POLYANA, Russia - After failing to win a medal at the Vancouver Olympics, the country that spawned Nordic combined more than 125 years ago made quite a comeback in Sochi.
KRASNAYA POLYANA, Russia - Austria will attempt to win its third consecutive team large hill gold medal when the event closes out the Sochi Olympics Nordic combined program at the RusSki Gorki Jumping Center on Thursday.
KRASNAYA POLYANA, Russia - Vic loves Alena. Alena loves Vic.
SOCHI, Russia - Anxiety and energy. Conviction and courage.
KRASNAYA POLYANA, Russia - A decade ago, when snowboarding was still in its growth stages in Japan, Tomoka Takeuchi knew she had a decision to make.
SOCHI, Russia - Katey Stone has a ready answer when asked what it means to be the first woman to coach the U.S. Olympic women's hockey team.
KRASNAYA POLYANA, Russia - Ski jump training for the Olympic Nordic combined large hill team event was canceled Wednesday because of the condition of the landing area following steady rain and safety concerns for the athletes.
KRASNAYA POLYANA, Russia - Patrizia Kummer of Switzerland has won gold in women's snowboarding parallel giant slalom.