- Japan beats Ecuador 1-0, tops group with perfect record Updated: Jun-16-15 7:20 pm
WINNIPEG, Manitoba - Yuki Ogimi scored in the fifth minute and defending champion Japan beat Ecuador 1-0 on Tuesday to become the first team to win all three of its matches in the group stage of this year's Women's World Cup.
- Humm, Bachmann lead Switzerland past Ecuador 10-1 Updated: Jun-12-15 9:09 pm
Fabienne Humm and Ramona Bachmann both had second-half hat tricks as Switzerland earned its first women's World Cup victory with a 10-1 victory over Ecuador on Friday at Vancouver, British Columbia.
- Host Chile beats Ecuador 2-0 in Copa America opener Updated: Jun-11-15 10:14 pm
SANTIAGO, Chile - Arturo Vidal and Eduardo Vargas scored second-half goals to give Chile a 2-0 win over Ecuador on Thursday in the opening match of a Copa America that got underway amid the corruption investigation involving local football officials.
- US college players dot other nations' rosters at World Cup Updated: Jun-10-15 5:53 pm
Mariela Jacome was in Ecuador visiting her grandmother after wrapping up her first season at St. John's when her uncle suggested she should go kick the ball around with the country's national team.
- Miyama's penalty kick lifts Japan past Switzerland 1-0 Updated: Jun-09-15 12:16 am
Aya Miyama scored on a penalty kick in the 29th minute as defending Women's World Cup champion Japan opened with a 1-0 win over newcomer Switzerland in Vancouver, British Columbia, on Monday night.
- Cameroon routs Ecuador 6-0 behind Enganamouit hat trick Updated: Jun-08-15 9:26 pm
Cameroon scored three goals in a nine-minute stretch late in the first half and routed Ecuador 6-0 Monday at Vancouver, British Columbia, in the Women's World Cup debuts for both nations.