- Billie Jean King: On Sochi Olympics, gay rights Updated: Mar-01-14 4:51 pm
- Canada rules rink, a flame dies, an Olympics ends Updated: Feb-23-14 2:04 pm
- US officials defend team performance in Sochi Updated: Feb-23-14 10:29 am
- Speedskating at Sochi: it's all about the Dutch Updated: Feb-23-14 3:38 am
- AP PHOTOS: Sochi on Day 16 Updated: Feb-22-14 2:39 pm
- Dutch close Olympic speedskating with 2 more golds Updated: Feb-22-14 12:12 pm
- Dutch speedskaters end Olympics with 2 more golds Updated: Feb-22-14 10:38 am
- Dutch win another gold in men's team pursuit Updated: Feb-22-14 10:17 am
- Bergsma boycotts Dutch pursuit team in final Updated: Feb-22-14 7:15 am
- Dutch go for last 2 golds medals in speedskating Updated: Feb-21-14 6:52 pm
- Hail the Viktor: Ahn wins 2 short track golds Updated: Feb-21-14 5:37 pm
- Americans complete flop with team pursuit losses Updated: Feb-21-14 11:30 am
- SOCHI SCENE: Medal efficiency Updated: Feb-21-14 9:04 am
- A different Olympics on TVs across the world Updated: Feb-21-14 5:56 am
- Olympic short track concludes with 3 finals Updated: Feb-20-14 6:11 pm
- US speedskaters down to final shots at medals Updated: Feb-20-14 9:46 am
- Speedskater Bokko scoffs at Koss' second-guessing Updated: Feb-20-14 6:42 am
- Claudia Pechstein leaves Olympics empty handed Updated: Feb-19-14 1:17 pm
- Sablikova wins another gold in women's 5,000 Updated: Feb-19-14 12:39 pm
- Kummer wins gold in women's parallel giant slalom Updated: Feb-19-14 6:37 am
- Speedskating rivalry resumes in women's 5,000 Updated: Feb-18-14 6:44 pm
- Another Dutch sweep keeps them atop medal table Updated: Feb-18-14 3:18 pm
- South Korea's Lee fails to defend Olympic title Updated: Feb-18-14 1:44 pm
- Jorrit Bergsma knocks off Kramer in 10,000 meters Updated: Feb-18-14 12:59 pm
- Ter Mors advances for long, short track double Updated: Feb-18-14 9:06 am
NEW YORK - Billie Jean King's taxi ride home after the Sochi Olympics included a revelation.
SOCHI, Russia - The Olympic flame was snuffed out. No chance of that for the Canadian hockey team, champions again.
SOCHI, Russia - The speedskaters flopped, and the hockey team was blanked when it mattered most. If it wasn't for some brand new sports, the medal count would be paltry.
SOCHI, Russia - In the last speedskating race of the Sochi Olympics, there was really no doubt about which team would win.
The Netherlands speedskating team celebrates gold in the men's team pursuit. Carolina Kostner of Italy casts a shadow on the rink as she begins her figure skating routine. And a hockey puck bounces off the wall during a warm up session before the USA vs. Finland bronze medal game. Here's a look at Saturday's highlights from the Sochi Olympics.
SOCHI, Russia - The final day of speedskating at the Sochi Olympics was nothing more than a victory lap for the mighty Dutch.
SOCHI, Russia - The Netherlands won gold in the last speedskating event of the Sochi Olympics, routing Poland in the final of women's team pursuit Saturday.
SOCHI, Russia - The Netherlands claimed its 22nd speedskating medal of the Sochi Olympics on Saturday, beating South Korea in the final of men's team pursuit with an Olympic record time.
SOCHI, Russia - Olympic champion Jorrit Bergsma is boycotting the Dutch pursuit team for Saturday's final because he has been used only as a substitute in the heats and feels excluded.
SOCHI, Russia - The Dutch have turned the individual speedskating races at the Sochi Olympics into a huge orange victory parade, winning 21 long-track medals. On Saturday, they are hot favorites to add two more golds in the closing team pursuits.
SOCHI, Russia - Viktor Ahn was already a Russian citizen. At the Sochi Olympics, he was embraced as a national hero by his adopted country.
SOCHI, Russia - Shani Davis turned to a cartoon character to sum up the American speedskating collapse at these Winter Olympics.
SOCHI, Russia - Norway may top the medal count, but the Dutch have been the most efficient Olympians in Sochi.
In Sweden, commentators have fun with Norway's misfortunes. The Dutch can't get enough of their speedskaters. Japan is so crazy about figure skating they show warmups. Canada is hockey crazy, Russia struggles to stay positive even when things look down and the U.S. salutes its stars with the national anthem as it's time to go to bed.
SOCHI, Russia - Viktor Ahn opened the short track competition by giving Russia its first Olympic medal in the frenetic sport. Now the red-haired skater can make history on the final night of competition by winning the only gold medal that is missing from his collection.
SOCHI, Russia - Shani Davis never thought it would come to this.
SOCHI, Russia - Norway's speedskaters withdrew from the men's 10,000 meters at the Sochi Olympics to prepare for the team pursuit, a move second-guessed by four-time gold medalist Johann Olaf Koss.
SOCHI, Russia - In the end, Claudia Pechstein walked away from her sixth Olympics with only a small distinction. No medal, no records, no revenge.
SOCHI, Russia - Martina Sablikova really wanted this gold medal.
KRASNAYA POLYANA, Russia - Patrizia Kummer of Switzerland has won gold in women's snowboarding parallel giant slalom.
SOCHI, Russia - Want to know how deep skating talent is in the Netherlands? Consider this: Olympic 10,000-meter champion Jorrit Bergsma thought about representing Kazakhstan at the last Olympics just to make it to Vancouver.
SOCHI, Russia - Lee Seung-hoon finished fourth in defense of his Olympic 10,000-meter speedskating title Tuesday, leaving South Korea without a long track medal so far in Sochi.
SOCHI, Russia - Jorrit Bergsma wouldn't go along with the storyline.
SOCHI, Russia - After the smoothest of rides earned her a gold medal on the big oval, Jorien ter Mors returned very quickly to the rough and tumble of the short track.