- Correa error costly, Astros fall to KC 9-6, ALDS tied at 2 Updated: Oct-12-15 7:10 pm
HOUSTON - Carlos Correa did so many things right for the Houston Astros on Monday.
- Royals rally on Correa's error, beat Astros 9-6 to even ALDS Updated: Oct-12-15 6:49 pm
HOUSTON - Almost out of time and out of the playoffs, the Kansas City Royals realized they needed more than a big home run.
- Jinx? Texas governor congratulates Astros before collapse Updated: Oct-12-15 5:59 pm
AUSTIN, Texas - Here's a new "oops" moment for a Texas governor: prematurely celebrating a Houston Astros playoff victory.
- Benched this summer, Carter comes back strong for Astros Updated: Oct-12-15 2:40 am
HOUSTON - Chris Carter doesn't want to talk about his difficult summer. That doesn't matter now.
- Astros take 2-1 series lead over Royals with 4-2 win Updated: Oct-11-15 10:00 pm
HOUSTON - The Kansas City Royals were the darlings of last year's postseason, making an unlikely run to the World Series.
- LEADING OFF: Both ALDS in Texas; Keuchel up for Astros Updated: Oct-11-15 2:39 am
A look at what's happening around the major leagues today:
- Road to playoffs can be long, brutal grind - or rapid ride Updated: Oct-10-15 12:19 pm
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - Alex Rios bounced through four organizations and played nearly 1,700 games before he finally appeared in a postseason game with the Kansas City Royals on Thursday night.
- Royals rally, beat Astros 5-4 to even ALDS at 1 game each Updated: Oct-09-15 7:39 pm
- A look at each potential World Series matchup Updated: Oct-09-15 2:31 am
With four teams remaining in each league, there are 16 possible matchups for the World Series. We could wait and see who makes it, but what fun is that?
- Kazmir, Cueto acquired at deadline for postseason pushes Updated: Oct-08-15 5:59 pm
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - The Astros swung a deal for Scott Kazmir in July with October baseball in mind.
- Royals, Astros both have penchant for playing at home Updated: Oct-08-15 3:38 am
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - Astros slugger George Springer attributes the trouble his team had on the road all season to the color of their jerseys, gray and drab, which might seem preposterous except for one thing: His manager, A.J. Hinch, offered up with the exact same reason.
- Yanks still have not led playoff game since Jeter got hurt Updated: Oct-07-15 1:31 am
NEW YORK - The Yankees still have not led in a postseason game since Derek Jeter sprawled in the dirt three years ago, screaming in pain from a broken ankle.
- Ellsbury, Yanks' $153M man, doesn't start in playoff loss Updated: Oct-07-15 1:14 am
NEW YORK - Jacoby Ellsbury sat the bench for most of his first postseason game after signing a $153 million contract with the New York Yankees. When he finally got in, he saw three pitches at the plate and one inning in center field.
- Keuchel sharp, Astros beat Yankees 3-0 in AL wild-card game Updated: Oct-07-15 1:08 am
NEW YORK - A year ago, no one could've pictured this. Yet here they were, Dallas Keuchel and the Houston Astros, soaking in champagne, merrily posing for a victory shot on the mound at Yankee Stadium.
- CF Gomez in Astros' lineup for wild-card game vs Yanks Updated: Oct-06-15 6:12 pm
NEW YORK - Center fielder Carlos Gomez is in the Houston Astros' starting lineup for the AL wild-card game against the New York Yankees.
- Aces wild: Playoffs open with Astros-Yankees, Cubs-Pirates Updated: Oct-05-15 8:19 am
Dallas Keuchel started the All-Star game, won 20 times and twice dominated the New York Yankees.
- Astros hand Diamondbacks' record-breaking blowout loss Updated: Oct-03-15 3:17 am
PHOENIX - The Arizona Diamondbacks were looking to spoil Houston's postseason aspirations.
- Keuchel wins 20th, Astros set runs record, rout D-backs 21-5 Updated: Oct-03-15 1:53 am
- Hurricane Joaquin could cause havoc with MLB playoff picture Updated: Oct-02-15 4:38 am
Adrian Beltre, Carlos Correa or Andrew McCutchen certainly might deliver a big hit this weekend to improve their team's playoff position.
- Astros rally past Mariners, take over 2nd AL wild-card spot Updated: Oct-01-15 2:31 am
SEATTLE - Thanks to a late rally and help from others, the Houston Astros will go into their final series knowing three more wins will have them playing baseball beyond the final day of the regular season.
- Cano, O'Malley lead Mariners to 6-4 win over Houston Updated: Sep-30-15 3:16 am
SEATTLE - Robinson Cano hit a two-run home run in the sixth inning Tuesday night.
- A tight race for an AL wild card ... and that's about it Updated: Sep-28-15 3:14 am
It's been a down year for pennant races.
- Keuchel, Astros beat Rangers 4-2 to tighten AL West race Updated: Sep-27-15 5:35 pm
- Astros star 2B Altuve injured in collision with SS Correa Updated: Sep-25-15 11:27 pm
HOUSTON - Astros star second baseman Jose Altuve has been hurt in a collision with rookie shortstop Carlos Correa in Houston's game Friday night against the Texas Rangers.
- Angels rally for 6-5 win over Astros to close wild-card gap Updated: Sep-23-15 7:37 pm
HOUSTON - The Los Angeles Angels aren't where they want to be yet, but they're closer than they were at the start of the week.