- US Navy sends destroyer to help in plane search Updated: Mar-08-14 12:04 pm
- Survey: Customers rate Navy exchange stores highly Updated: Mar-07-14 5:08 pm
- Judge: Navy deal for rifle silencers may be legit Updated: Mar-07-14 3:05 pm
- Disabled Canadian ship arrives at Pearl Harbor Updated: Mar-06-14 9:52 pm
- Seabees monument to be unveiled in Bloomfield Updated: Mar-06-14 10:08 am
- Navy seeks permits for Northwest training Updated: Mar-04-14 7:30 pm
- Navy veteran blazes trail for women firefighters Updated: Mar-04-14 10:05 am
- US, Europeans try to rally Western front vs Russia Updated: Mar-03-14 11:16 pm
- Navy releases some personnel early due to weather Updated: Mar-03-14 2:26 pm
- Navy finds missteps in deadly Ky. crash of Humvee Updated: Mar-01-14 3:25 pm
- Indiana state senator called up to Navy service Updated: Feb-26-14 10:03 am
- Wash. orca died from blow to head, source unknown Updated: Feb-25-14 4:14 pm
- Navy relieves commander of grounded ship Updated: Feb-25-14 12:45 pm
- Respiratory failure named in deaths of 2 US SEALs Updated: Feb-24-14 10:53 am
- NASA suspends space capsule recovery test in ocean Updated: Feb-21-14 3:13 pm
- Minn. native takes command of USS Minnesota Updated: Feb-21-14 1:17 pm
- Drugs on Maersk ship where 2 ex-SEALs died Updated: Feb-20-14 7:02 pm
- Guam waste board urges action regarding river Updated: Feb-20-14 5:02 pm
- US Navy marks upcoming debut of 6th USS Detroit Updated: Feb-19-14 2:46 pm
- Navy supercarrier arrives at scrapyard Updated: Feb-18-14 8:56 pm
- Navy bases in Va. to join in anti-terrorism drills Updated: Feb-18-14 2:34 am
- Virginia bases to participate in Navy exercise Updated: Feb-17-14 2:04 am
- Navy carrier strike group deploys from Va., Fla. Updated: Feb-15-14 5:05 pm
- World's largest naval base to get new leader Updated: Feb-14-14 3:06 am
- USS Miami sub fire leads to safety recommendations Updated: Feb-11-14 1:39 pm
WASHINGTON - The Navy says it has dispatched a warship to aid in the search for a missing Malaysia Airlines jetliner.
NORFOLK, Virginia - The Navy says customers at its exchange stores are giving them high marks for customer satisfaction, according to a recent survey.
ALEXANDRIA, Virginia - A judge has questioned the viability of a prosecution against a man accused of illegally building hundreds of untraceable rifle silencers under what had been a secret contract with the Navy Seals.
PEARL HARBOR, Hawaii - A Canadian refueling ship disabled by an engine fire pulled into Pearl Harbor under tow Thursday morning with nearly 300 sailors aboard.
BLOOMFIELD, Missouri - A monument honoring U.S. Navy Seabee veterans will be unveiled this weekend in Bloomfield.
SEATTLE - The U.S. Navy is seeking to renew permits to conduct sonar, explosives and other training exercises off the Washington, Oregon and California coasts, raising concerns from marine mammal advocates.
WHITING, Indiana - Sharon Warnecke is a woman of firsts.
WASHINGTON - The U.S and major allies strained on Monday to rally a strong Western front to persuade Russia to step back from a military takeover of Ukraine's strategic Crimea region. But several acknowledged there are few options beyond already-threatened economic and diplomatic penalties, and critics said administration efforts were too little, too late after years of pressing for friendlier relations with Moscow.
NORFOLK, Virginia - The Navy says its non-essential personnel in southeastern Virginia will operate on a two-hour delay on Tuesday due to winter weather.
VIRGINIA BEACH, Virginia - A series of missteps led to a deadly Humvee accident last May at Kentucky's Fort Knox, a Navy investigation concludes.
INDIANAPOLIS - An Indiana state senator is being called up to military service during the final days of this year's legislative session.
SEATTLE - Two years after a young endangered orca washed ashore bloodied and bruised in southwest Washington, investigators have concluded the whale was hit, struck or rammed in the head and neck. But they couldn't determine the source of that blow.
WASHINGTON - The commander of the U.S. Navy ship that ran aground while deployed near the Olympics has been relieved of his command.
NAIROBI, Kenya - Police on the island nation of Seychelles say that two former U.S. Navy SEALs found dead aboard the ship Maersk Alabama died of respiratory failure and were suspected to have had heart attacks, possibly from drug use.
SAN DIEGO - A training exercise designed to showcase the government's ability to recover a space capsule at sea was scrubbed after NASA ran into trouble off the Southern California coast, the space agency said Friday.
GROTON, Connecticut - A Minnesota native has taken command of a Connecticut-based submarine named for his home state.
NORFOLK, Virginia - Drugs were in the room where two former Navy SEALs were found dead aboard the Maersk Alabama, a ship that was the focus of a 2009 hijacking dramatized in the movie "Captain Phillips," a company spokesman said Thursday.
HAGATNA, Guam - The Guam Solid Waste Authority board of directors urged the governor and island lawmakers this week to take action against parties responsible for polluting the Lonfit River.
DETROIT - The U.S. Navy is holding a ceremony Friday to mark the upcoming launch of the sixth warship named for the city of Detroit.
BROWNSVILLE, Texas - The Navy's first post-World War II supercarrier has arrived at its last port of call.
NORFOLK, Virginia - Hampton Roads travelers could encounter delays around Navy bases as an annual anti-terrorism exercise is conducted through the end of February.
NORFOLK, Virginia - The Navy's bases in Hampton Roads will join installations across the U.S. in an anti-terrorism and force protection exercise.
NORFOLK, Virginia - More than 5,000 sailors are heading overseas as part of an at least eight-month deployment.
NORFOLK, Virginia - The world's largest naval installation is getting a new leader.
PORTLAND, Maine - The Navy has issued recommendations aimed at preventing another fire like the one that ravaged the submarine USS Miami while it was being overhauled at Portsmouth Naval Shipyard, officials said Tuesday.