- Rockets respond to McHale's old-school coaching approach Updated: May-25-15 2:59 am
HOUSTON - Kevin McHale's stride is painful to watch.
- Raptors' Terrence Ross has ankle surgery Updated: May-23-15 12:54 pm
TORONTO - Toronto Raptors guard Terrence Ross has had ankle surgery to remove bone spurs.
- Isiah Thomas doesn't reject idea of eventual return to NBA Updated: May-22-15 2:12 pm
GREENBURGH, New York - Isiah Thomas said he hasn't spoken with New York Knicks President Phil Jackson since joining the Liberty as a consultant in February.
- Celtics owner Pagliuca takes over Boston's 2024 Olympic bid Updated: May-21-15 10:30 pm
BOSTON - The group leading the bid to bring the 2024 Olympics to Boston shook up its management Thursday, making Boston Celtics co-owner Steve Pagliuca the new chairman in an attempt to revive the city's chances of hosting the Summer Games.
- For Cleveland and Atlanta, plenty of sports lowlights Updated: May-20-15 3:21 am
ATLANTA - On the sports misery index, Atlanta and Cleveland are hard to beat.
- Best shot: J.R. Smith making most of fresh start with Cavs Updated: May-20-15 2:37 am
INDEPENDENCE, Ohio - J.R. Smith barely has as an inch of skin not covered by tattoos, offering a colorful timeline of the enigmatic Cleveland shooting guard's life.
- Timberwolves win draft lottery, Lakers move to No. 2 Updated: May-19-15 10:47 pm
NEW YORK - The Minnesota Timberwolves too often came to the NBA draft lottery and left in worse shape than they arrived.
- No giddiness from Doc Rivers and son Austin after big game Updated: May-09-15 11:39 pm
LOS ANGELES - Doc Rivers spares no one on the Clippers, including son Austin. So when the young guard had the biggest game of his young career, it might have been heartwarming to everyone else, but it was just business to the only coach-father and son duo in NBA history.
- Armed robbery of restaurant nets man 17-year sentence Updated: May-08-15 6:53 pm
ELIZABETH, New Jersey - An Irvington man will spend at least 14 years in prison for an armed robbery at a restaurant in Hillside.
- Column: After sullied week in sports, let's all shower off Updated: May-08-15 6:02 pm
After a sullied week in sports, we sure could use a shower.
- Ex-Knicks exec criticizes Garden for hiring Thomas Updated: May-07-15 8:32 pm
NEW YORK - The woman once at the center of a sexual harassment lawsuit involving Isiah Thomas is criticizing Madison Square Garden for rehiring the former NBA star.
- With longtime powers sidelined, NBA playoffs have fresh look Updated: May-07-15 7:06 pm
Spurs and Celtics? Already eliminated.
- King wants to keep Lopez, try to build Nets around him Updated: May-06-15 3:43 pm
EAST RUTHERFORD, New Jersey - The big blockbusters haven't done much for the Brooklyn Nets. So now general manager Billy King is looking to improve from within.
- Pass first? Point guards look to show you can score, win Updated: May-06-15 1:14 pm
- Nets end disappointing season without clear way to improve Updated: May-02-15 3:08 pm
NEW YORK - Mikhail Prokhorov arrived from Russia as Nets owner in 2010, vowing a championship in five years or he would get married.
- Hawks beat Nets 111-87 to wrap up series in Game 6 Updated: May-01-15 11:51 pm
NEW YORK - Being tied after four games of the first round brought out the best in the Atlanta Hawks.
- Ainge wants to build on Celtics' surprising playoff berth Updated: Apr-30-15 7:48 pm
- Horford, Teague help Hawks hold off Nets 107-97 for 3-2 lead Updated: Apr-29-15 11:21 pm
ATLANTA - Al Horford banged his dislocated finger and spent much of the game fiddling with it. Jeff Teague twisted his right ankle and hobbled to the locker room for a quick tape job.
- Cavs' Love likely done for season with shoulder injury Updated: Apr-28-15 3:42 pm
INDEPENDENCE, Ohio - Kevin Love spent all those long, losing seasons in Minnesota aching for a chance to be part of the NBA playoffs.
- Cavaliers move on without Love, out with dislocated shoulder Updated: Apr-27-15 8:02 pm
CLEVELAND - The Cavaliers will move forward in the NBA playoffs without Kevin Love and with their title hopes shaken.
- Cavs guard J.R. Smith, Celtics center Kelly Olynyk suspended Updated: Apr-27-15 7:29 pm
- Raptors disappoint again in playoffs Updated: Apr-27-15 6:53 pm
TORONTO - For the sixth time in seven playoff appearances, the Raptors are finished after the first round.
- Celtics have reason for optimism despite sweep by Cavs Updated: Apr-27-15 5:39 pm
BOSTON - The reconstruction of the Boston Celtics is ahead of schedule. Being swept in the first round can't brush away that reality.
- After Wizards get sweep, Pierce takes jabs at Raptors, Drake Updated: Apr-27-15 2:38 am
- Wall, Beal lead Wiz past Raptors 125-94 in Game 4 for sweep Updated: Apr-26-15 10:59 pm
WASHINGTON - John Wall twirled a red towel overhead, Paul Pierce motioned to the fans to make more noise, and the sellout crowd of 20,356 chanted "Sweep! Sweep! Sweep!"