- Texas AG makes first post-indictment campaign appearance Updated: Sep-03-15 9:38 pm
HOUSTON - Texas Attorney General Ken Paxton made his first campaign appearance late Thursday since being indicted on securities fraud charges, but only vaguely alluded to his legal troubles while addressing about 800 cheering supporters at a tea party rally.
- Mixed bag in Texas' court challenges of Obama's EPA Updated: Aug-30-15 5:25 pm
AUSTIN, Texas - Nearly two dozen Texas challenges against the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency during the current administration have yielded a mixed bag.
- Texas attorney general pleads not guilty to securities fraud Updated: Aug-27-15 2:47 pm
FORT WORTH, Texas - Texas' attorney general, Ken Paxton, pleaded not guilty to securities fraud charges Thursday during a hearing in which he asked the judge to bar cameras from future proceedings and his high-powered lawyer resigned.
- Comptroller seeks AG opinion on Abbott's line-item vetoes Updated: Aug-26-15 7:10 pm
AUSTIN, Texas - Texas' comptroller is seeking an opinion from the state attorney general on how to proceed after officials questioned the constitutionality of some of Gov. Gregg Abbott's line-item budget vetoes.
- Tentative settlement in dispute over RadioShack gift cards Updated: Aug-26-15 3:28 pm
WILMINGTON, Delaware - The old adage about looking a gift horse in the mouth may have a corollary regarding gift cards issued by retailers: Use it or lose it.
- Abbott: Indicted AG Paxton innocent until proven guilty Updated: Aug-24-15 9:16 pm
AUSTIN, Texas - Texas Gov. Greg Abbott says he hasn't spoken with indicted Attorney General Ken Paxton since the state's top lawyer was booked earlier this month on securities fraud charges.
- 'Dark money' case puts AG Paxton's office against big donor Updated: Aug-20-15 12:17 pm
AUSTIN, Texas - An ethics investigation into an influential conservative group has brought Republican Texas Attorney General Ken Paxton's office into court against a major donor who guaranteed a $1 million loan for his campaign last year.
- Texas AG no longer facing contempt hearing over gay rights Updated: Aug-10-15 7:38 pm
AUSTIN, Texas - The possibility of Republican Texas Attorney General Ken Paxton being held in contempt of court for impeding gay rights diminished Monday after a lawyer said the state agreed to update vital records policies for same-sex couples.