- Paxton, Branch advance to attorney general runoff Updated: Mar-04-14 10:33 pm
- Gay marriage fight pits Texas AG vs. gay friend Updated: Feb-28-14 6:43 pm
- Texas files notice to appeal gay marriage ruling Updated: Feb-27-14 6:20 pm
- AP Interview: Sen. Paxton hoping to emulate Cruz Updated: Feb-25-14 4:59 pm
- AP Interview: Branch touts legislative record Updated: Feb-22-14 12:41 pm
- Nugent backlash reveals rare misstep for Texas GOP Updated: Feb-21-14 5:24 pm
- GOP candidate Abbott fights disability lawsuits Updated: Feb-16-14 3:34 pm
WACO, Texas - When Greg Abbott was paralyzed by a fallen tree in 1984, Mark Phariss flew 500 miles to his friend's bedside. They were law school pals who swapped stories over dinner, job leads and airport rides, and they still exchange Christmas cards today.
AUSTIN, Texas - The state of Texas filed official notice Thursday that it plans to appeal a federal judge's decision to lift the state's ban on gay marriage.
AUSTIN, Texas - Before he mounted an upset U.S. Senate victory in the 2012 Republican primary, tea party darling Ted Cruz mulled running for Texas attorney general. Now, one of the three Republicans vying to become the state's next attorney general isn't being shy about billing himself as the second coming of Cruz.
GEORGETOWN, Texas - Long known as a powerful but pragmatic veteran of the state Legislature, Rep. Dan Branch insists he's not running to his right in hopes of prevailing in the cut-throat, three-Republican race for Texas attorney general.
AUSTIN, Texas - Mitt Romney rallied with Kid Rock and President George W. Bush had a fan in Alice Cooper. But a Ted Nugent encore in the Texas governor's race is growing unlikely after blowback from Republican Greg Abbott's embrace of the ultimate shock rocker.
AUSTIN, Texas - Republican gubernatorial candidate Greg Abbott has vigorously fought disability suits against Texas as attorney general, despite being in a wheelchair himself and benefiting from the 1990 federal law that helps guarantee access for disabled people, a newspaper reported Sunday.