- Franz Beckenbauer says 'I signed everything* Updated: Nov-20-15 4:04 pm
FRANKFURT, Germany - Franz Beckenbauer says a contract he signed with former high-ranking FIFA official Jack Warner ahead of the vote to decide the host of the 2006 World Cup was an aid package.
- French national team to play England in act of defiance Updated: Nov-16-15 4:33 pm
LONDON - The Wembley Arch will be illuminated in the red, white and blue of the French flag. The French motto, "Liberte, Egalite, Fraternite" will be projected onto the front of the stadium. The words of "La Marseillaise," France's national anthem, will be shown on giant screens so that England fans can sing along with their French counterparts.
- Euro 2016 chief pledges to protect fans after Paris attacks Updated: Nov-15-15 12:29 pm
PARIS - Nervous fans planning to attend next year's European soccer championship in 10 cities across France got a guarantee Sunday from the president of the organizing committee that security will come above everything.
- Germany back home after Paris terror attacks Updated: Nov-14-15 11:55 am
BERLIN - Germany players were given the day off on arriving home on Saturday after spending the night at the Stade de France because of the terror attacks in Paris.
- The Latest: Top officials heading to Paris concert hall Updated: Nov-13-15 7:28 pm
PARIS - The latest on shootings and explosions in Paris. (all times local):
- German national team back in Paris hotel after bomb scare Updated: Nov-13-15 8:59 am
PARIS - Germany's national soccer team returned to its hotel in western Paris after being evacuated following a bomb threat on Friday morning.
- Midfielder Klaassen out of Netherlands squad with injury Updated: Nov-11-15 10:33 am
AMSTERDAM - Davy Klaassen has pulled out of the Netherlands squad for friendlies against Wales and Germany because of a knee injury.
- With Benzema out, France coach Deschamps considers options Updated: Nov-10-15 12:13 pm
CLAIREFONTAINE, France - France's upcoming matches against Germany and England have extra significance in the absence of first-choice striker Karim Benzema.
- Striker Mario Gomez recalled to German national team Updated: Nov-06-15 12:36 pm
FRANKFURT, Germany - Striker Mario Gomez has been recalled for Germany for the friendlies against France and the Netherlands, with coach Joachim Loew also calling up Schalke teenager Leroy Sane for the first time.
- German authorities raid soccer federation over FIFA payment Updated: Nov-03-15 9:06 am
FRANKFURT, Germany - The president of the German soccer federation and two former high-ranking officials are the targets of a tax evasion probe over a payment to FIFA in connection with the 2006 World Cup, authorities said Tuesday.
- Moenchengladbach hopes for 1st Champions League win Updated: Nov-02-15 6:35 am
FRANKFURT, Germany - Borussia Moenchengladbach has known nothing but victories in domestic competitions ever since Andre Schubert became caretaker coach following the resignation of Lucien Favre. If only some of that form could rub off in the Champions League.
- Struggling Greece hires Skibbe as national team coach Updated: Oct-29-15 8:28 am
ATHENS, Greece - The Greek football association has hired Michael Skibbe of Germany as the new national team coach, the fourth man to take the position in little over a year following the country's disastrous European Championship qualifying campaign.