- England wakes to more heartbreak for national soccer team Updated: Jul-02-15 9:59 am
MANCHESTER, England - England's national teams keep finding ways to make agonizing exits from major soccer tournaments.
- Coach: Pressure's off Japan in World Cup final against US Updated: Jul-02-15 2:42 am
EDMONTON, Alberta - The pressure is off now that Japan gets the opportunity to defend its Women's World Cup championship.
- Own goal gives Japan 2-1 win over England in World Cup semi Updated: Jul-01-15 11:54 pm
EDMONTON, Alberta - England defender Laura Bassett was inconsolable as she lay face down on the field, sobbing.
- US women react to facing Japan in final Updated: Jul-01-15 11:06 pm
Bring it on.
- Defense helps US team to the Women's World Cup final Updated: Jul-01-15 10:13 pm
MONTREAL - It used to be that the U.S. women's national team was known more for its fierce attack. For the Women's World Cup in Canada, the Americans are finding success with a locked-down defense.
- Collision again raises issue of concussions in World Cup Updated: Jul-01-15 2:41 am
MONTREAL - Germany coach Silvia Neid said forward Alexandra Popp did not have a concussion after banging heads with U.S. midfielder Morgan Brian in the first half of the women's World Cup semifinal.
- US prevails in 2-0 victory over top-ranked Germany Updated: Jul-01-15 2:26 am
MONTREAL - Julie Johnston thought she had blown it.
- US heads to World Cup final with 2-0 win over Germany Updated: Jun-30-15 11:07 pm
MONTREAL - Carli Lloyd remembers putting the ball on its spot and shutting out the noise of more than 51,000 anxious fans.
- Missed penalty kick costs Germany in 2-0 loss to US Updated: Jun-30-15 10:42 pm
MONTREAL - Celia Sasic picked a bad time for Germany's first missed penalty kick in the Women's World Cup.
- FIFA article draws criticism for referring to Morgan's looks Updated: Jun-30-15 8:21 pm
MONTREAL - Critics took aim at FIFA on social media Tuesday after FIFA.com referenced American forward Alex Morgan's looks in an article posted in advance of the United States' match against Germany in the semifinals of the Women's World Cup.
- Argentina leads final 4 in Copa America semifinals Updated: Jun-28-15 5:24 pm
SANTIAGO, Chile - The Copa America semifinals are again missing a local favorite.
- Lloyd once nearly quit; the US team is sure glad she didn't Updated: Jun-28-15 4:17 pm
MONTREAL - Carli Lloyd's career is defined by big moments.
- Australia looks forward to a bright future Updated: Jun-28-15 2:20 am
EDMONTON, Alberta - What Australia's Alen Stajcic wouldn't give for his team to be like Japan one day.
- German midfielder's status unknown for World Cup semi vs USA Updated: Jun-27-15 3:14 pm
MONTREAL - Germany midfielder Dzsenifer Marozsan has a hyperextended left ankle and the team is not certain if she will play in Tuesday's World Cup semifinal against the United States.
- US defeats China 1-0, plays Germany in World Cup semifinals Updated: Jun-27-15 12:56 am
OTTAWA, Ontario - Carli Lloyd finally was able to express her creativity on field.
- Germany tops France 5-4 in shootout to reach World Cup semis Updated: Jun-26-15 9:27 pm
MONTREAL - Germany coach Silvia Neid needed five volunteers for the shootout that could beat France and put the two-time Women's World Cup champions into the semifinals.
- The artificial turf at the World Cup is still raising issues Updated: Jun-26-15 6:26 pm
OTTAWA, Ontario - The fields are heating up, there are little black rubber pellets everywhere, and feet are covered with blisters.
- French women beat South Korea 3-0 in World Cup round of 16 Updated: Jun-21-15 7:36 pm
MONTREAL - The French-speaking and France-favoring crowd sang "La Marseillaise" three times during Sunday's game against South Korea.
- Germany beats Sweden, China ousts Cameroon at WWCup Updated: Jun-20-15 10:06 pm
OTTAWA, Ontario - Germany provided a dominating reminder of why it is deserving of its favorite tag at the Women's World Cup by beating Sweden 4-1 on Saturday to progress to the quarterfinals.
- Platini has big decision in great game for FIFA throne Updated: Jun-20-15 2:17 am
GENEVA - After years of waiting, Michel Platini's destiny with FIFA is coming faster than he thought.
- Neymar leads Brazil to late win over Peru in Copa America Updated: Jun-14-15 8:34 pm
TEMUCO, Chile - Neymar scored a goal and set up the injury-time winner for Douglas Costa, helping Brazil open its Copa America campaign with a 2-1 over Peru on Sunday.
- Mali, Senegal lead African charge at Under-20 World Cup Updated: Jun-14-15 4:44 am
WELLINGTON, New Zealand - African countries captured two semifinal places at the Under-20 World Cup on Sunday as Mali and Senegal kept up their surprising run in the tournament.
- Copa America gives Brazil 1st chance for redemption Updated: Jun-12-15 11:20 am
SAO PAULO - Brazil will play at the Copa America with more on the line than just another South American title.
- Europe's leading powers look to restore order in qualifying Updated: Jun-11-15 4:54 am
LONDON - Some of Europe's less-heralded football nations are on a roll in qualifying for the 2016 European Championship - and leaving many of the continent's traditional powers struggling to keep up.
- Wood scores late to give US a 2-1 win over Germany Updated: Jun-10-15 6:48 pm
COLOGNE, Germany - Substitute Bobby Wood scored in the 87th minute to give the United States a 2-1 victory over World Cup champion Germany in a friendly on Wednesday.