- Algeria hopes to finally come out of shadow of '82 Updated: Apr-11-14 6:02 am
- Belgium, Russia headline Group H at the World Cup Updated: Apr-11-14 5:56 am
- Klinsmann's job is to transform US football Updated: Apr-11-14 5:54 am
- US and Kinsmann prepare for difficult WCup group Updated: Apr-11-14 5:53 am
- 5 Ghana players to watch at the World Cup Updated: Apr-11-14 5:51 am
- 5 Germany players to watch at the World Cup Updated: Apr-11-14 5:47 am
- Joachim Loew still waiting for 1st title Updated: Apr-11-14 5:45 am
- Germany to see some familiar faces at World Cup Updated: Apr-11-14 5:44 am
- Gundogan unlikely to play again this season Updated: Apr-10-14 11:23 am
- Klose out a month, damaging World Cup chances Updated: Apr-08-14 10:09 am
- Australia coach looking for positive play at WCup Updated: Apr-08-14 5:25 am
- Cameroon looking for redemption at World Cup Updated: Apr-08-14 5:05 am
- Croatia coach Kovac: Little experience, high hopes Updated: Apr-08-14 5:02 am
- Cue samba: Brazil's World Cup bound to be special Updated: Apr-08-14 4:26 am
- AP Interview: Pele ready for World Cup in Brazil Updated: Apr-03-14 2:26 pm
- Vogts hired as special adviser to Klinsmann Updated: Mar-30-14 11:17 pm
Algeria's players hope to finally come out of the shadow of the 1982 World Cup team, which is still considered the nation's best after beating European champion West Germany in their opening group game.
BRUSSELS - With Belgium, Russia, South Korea and Algeria, don't expect too much pre-World Cup hype from Group H.
NEW YORK - Jurgen Klinsmann was hired to transform American football.
NEW YORK - Since returning to the World Cup in 1990 after a 40-year absence, the United States has alternated group-stage elimination with advancement to the knockout round.
ACCRA, Ghana - Michael Essien and Kevin-Prince Boateng are both returning after extended breaks from international football to play for Ghana at the World Cup, and Andre Ayew is also likely to be one of the country's pivotal players in Brazil.
FRANKFURT, Germany - Germany departs for the World Cup as one of the teams to beat despite having a relatively young squad.
FRANKFURT, Germany - Joachim Loew has the best record of all Germany coaches, yet his team has not won a title in the eight years he has been in charge.
FRANKFURT, Germany - Germany will have two of its former coaches trying to prevent it from winning Group G at the World Cup.
ROME - Lazio forward Miroslav Klose has been ruled out for a month with a left thigh muscle tear, damaging his chances of selection for Germany's World Cup squad.
BRISBANE, Australia - Ange Postecoglou cherishes memories of watching the 1974 World Cup on a small black-and-white TV with his dad, recalling how that shared experience when he was 9 helped transform him into an ardent Australia supporter.
DOUALA, Cameroon - Unified again and yearning for another deep run at the World Cup, Cameroon is looking recapture the good old days.
ZAGREB, Croatia - Niko Kovac wants to combine a German winning mentality with some Croatian flare at the World Cup in Brazil, and he just might have the background to succeed.
Like sunshine and happiness or Lennon and McCartney, football and Brazil go together, each making the other better. So the first World Cup in Brazil in 64 years is bound to be special.
NEW YORK - Pele's family doesn't call him by his nickname. They don't even call him by his given name, Edson Arantes do Nascimento.
CHICAGO - Former German national team player and coach Berti Vogts has been hired by the U.S. national team as a special adviser to American coach Jurgen Klinsmann.