- French president 'vigilant' after Africa threat Updated: Mar-11-14 9:41 am
- France vows to prevent C. African Rep. breakup Updated: Feb-28-14 12:56 pm
- 2 aid workers injured in Mali land mine blast Updated: Feb-26-14 11:07 am
- French troop killed in Cent African Republic crash Updated: Feb-23-14 3:50 pm
- Czech pilot who fought for UK, France dies at 95 Updated: Feb-20-14 1:08 pm
- French-German brigade to train troops in Mali Updated: Feb-19-14 12:34 pm
- France increasing troops in C. African Republic Updated: Feb-14-14 11:16 am
PARIS - A jihadist network connected to al-Qaida has distributed online pictures and messages calling for attacks on France and President Francois Hollande over French military operations in Mali and Central African Republic.
BOZOUM, Central African Republic - Thousands of international troops dispatched to volatile Central African Republic are there to help keep the country from breaking apart, France's president said Friday, days after the French parliament voted to prolong the country's mission in its former colony wracked by violence between Christians and Muslims.
BAMAKO, Mali - A French military spokesman says two medical aid workers were injured when their vehicle hit a land mine in the northern Mali city of Kidal.
PARIS - A French soldier on his second tour of duty in Central African Republic has been killed in a traffic accident involving his light armored vehicle.
PRAGUE - Fighter pilot Miroslav Standera, who fled Czechoslovakia to fight for the British and French air forces in World War II, has died at age 95.
PARIS - For the first time since the start of World War I, a French-German brigade will be deployed to Africa, to help train soldiers and police in Mali in the aftermath of France's intervention to uproot Islamic extremists there.
PARIS - France says it is increasing its military deployment in the Central African Republic by 400 soldiers, bringing the total to 2,000.