- French soldier slightly injured in train station attack Updated: Apr-24-16 2:19 pm
PARIS - French police say they are looking for a man who attacked a soldier with a box cutter in the eastern city of Strasbourg.
- International Red Cross workers freed in north Mali Updated: Apr-22-16 9:51 am
BAMAKO, Mali - Islamic extremists in northern Mali freed three staffers with the International Committee of the Red Cross they had kidnapped last week, a spokesman for the organization said Friday.
- Little help for survivors of Central African Republic abuses Updated: Apr-20-16 3:18 pm
BANGUI, Central African Republic - The peacekeepers motioned to the teenage girl weaving through the sprawling camp in the baking afternoon sun selling bananas from a plate atop her head. Soon their real intentions were clear: They yanked her inside their tent and began unbuttoning their pants.
- Ceremony honors American airmen who fought for France in WWI Updated: Apr-20-16 10:37 am
MARNES-LA-COQUETTE, France - A parade of jets and vintage aircraft roared across the sky outside Paris on Wednesday, honoring the American fighter pilots who flew for France during World War I.
- France reshuffles police forces to avoid rivalries in crisis Updated: Apr-19-16 12:09 pm
PARIS - France is reorganizing its police special forces, responding to allegations that rivalries between the three major branches of law enforcement hampered the response to the attacks in November.
- 3 French soldiers die in Mali after convoy struck by blast Updated: Apr-13-16 10:47 am
BAMAKO, Mali - The lead vehicle of a convoy struck a land mine laid by extremists in northern Mali, killing three French soldiers in the deadliest single incident for the former colonizer's forces in three years, officials said Wednesday.
- Mine blast kills French soldier in northern Mali Updated: Apr-12-16 11:51 am
PARIS - Officials say a French soldier has been killed in northern Mali after a mine exploded beneath an armored vehicle.
- Exiled Napoleon's island home recreated in Paris exhibition Updated: Apr-05-16 5:51 pm
PARIS - France's national army museum has recreated the home where Napoleon lived his final years, bringing furniture and belongings from the remote Atlantic Island of St. Helena to Paris for the first time since he was exiled there 200 years ago.
- New sexual assault probe targets French troops in CAR Updated: Apr-05-16 1:16 pm
PARIS - French judicial authorities have launched an investigation into new U.N. allegations of sexual abuse targeting French troops in the Central African Republic.