- France, AU send more troops to African nation Updated: Dec-07-13 5:30 pm
- Thousands seek refuge at Central African airport Updated: Dec-06-13 5:41 pm
- UK in talks to help France with CAR logistics Updated: Dec-05-13 3:13 pm
- AP Interview: African leader hails French troops Updated: Dec-05-13 3:02 pm
- UN OKs military action in Central African Republic Updated: Dec-05-13 2:54 pm
- War crimes apologist from Franco-Algerian war dies Updated: Dec-04-13 12:01 pm
- French group: Sri Lankan military killed 17 in '06 Updated: Dec-03-13 2:41 pm
- France to send 1,000 troops to C. African Republic Updated: Nov-26-13 4:02 pm
- Embassy: French adviser shot in Malian capital Updated: Nov-22-13 11:21 am
- Explosion wounds 3 French soldiers in north Mali Updated: Nov-20-13 6:26 am
- Charlotte-area World War II veterans to be honored Updated: Nov-11-13 4:10 pm
BANGUI, Central African Republic - France and the African Union on Saturday announced plans to deploy several thousand more troops into embattled Central African Republic, as thousands of Christians fearing reprisal attacks sought refuge from the Muslim former rebels who now control the country after days of violence left nearly 400 people dead - and possibly more.
BANGUI, Central African Republic - Thousands of Christian civilians sought refuge at an airport guarded by French soldiers Friday, fleeing from the mostly Muslim ex-rebels with machetes and guns who rule the country a day after the worst violence to hit the chaotic capital in nine months.
LONDON - Britain is discussing offering logistical support to France for its military operation in the Central African Republic, officials said Thursday, an effort that could mirror U.K. assistance for a previous French intervention in Mali.
PARIS - The prime minister of the Central African Republic on Thursday welcomed a French military intervention into his country, hours after deadly assaults left dozens dead in a capital descending toward anarchy.
UNITED NATIONS - The U.N. Security Council authorized increased military action by France and African troops in the Central African Republican to try to end near-anarchy amid an upsurge in Muslim-Christian violence, killings, torture and rapes.
PARIS - French Gen. Paul Aussaresses, whose remorseless admission of executions and torture during the Algerian independence war five decades ago forced France to examine the dark period, has died. He was 95.
COLOMBO, Sri Lanka - A French aid group accused Sri Lankan security forces on Tuesday of executing 17 of its local employees in 2006 during the country's civil war, and said the government has protected the killers.
DAKAR, Senegal - France promised Tuesday to send 1,000 troops to Central African Republic amid warnings about the potential for genocide in the near-anarchic former French colony.
DOUENTZA, Mali - A French military adviser came under fire from a gunman waiting outside his house Friday in a rare attack on foreigners in the Malian capital, officials said.
KIDAL, Mali - The French military says at least three soldiers have been wounded in northern Mali after an explosion went off near an entrance to the volatile town of Kidal.
CHARLOTTE, North Carolina - More than a dozen veterans of World War II from the Charlotte region are being honored by France for their service.