- Planes searched at NYC airport after unfounded threats Updated: May-25-15 1:40 pm
NEW YORK - Authorities say two planes have been searched at New York's Kennedy Airport after threats were made against the flights.
- Air France flight gets military escort to NYC after threat Updated: May-25-15 1:30 pm
NEW YORK - Authorities say U.S. military jets have escorted an Air France airliner to New York's Kennedy Airport after a threat was made against the flight.
- French forces kill 2 Islamic extremist chiefs in north Mali Updated: May-20-15 12:35 pm
PARIS - The French Defense Ministry says special forces in Mali have killed the leaders of two Islamist extremist groups in fighting in northern Mali.
- France, Niger forces kill 3 fighters, detain 3 others Updated: May-18-15 5:59 pm
PARIS - The French Defense Ministry says troops from France and Niger killed three armed combattants and detained three others who tried to force their way through a checkpoint near the Libyan border.
- UN asks why France didn't probe sex abuse claims earlier Updated: May-08-15 8:56 pm
UNITED NATIONS - The U.S. ambassador to the United Nations called Friday for an impartial investigation into the way that child sexual abuse allegations against French soldiers in the Central African Republic have been handled. Meanwhile, the U.N. human rights chief asked why France didn't move more quickly to pursue the claims.
- Paris prosecutor: UN slowed probe of troops sex-abuse claims Updated: May-07-15 3:19 pm
PARIS - The "U.N. hierarchy" rejected French efforts to hear from the author of a U.N. report alleging that French soldiers sexually abused four children in the Central African Republic, the Paris prosecutor's office said Thursday.
- French troops budget boosted to sustain anti-terror mission Updated: Apr-29-15 5:25 am
PARIS - French president Francois Hollande says he has decided to increase the military budget by 3.8 billion euros ($4.2 billion) between now and 2019 to allow troops to fulfill their anti-terror mission.