- Squaw Valley to fete Reno-Tahoe Olympians March 21 Updated: Mar-02-14 5:51 pm
- Rock, classical, Broadway at Sochi gala skate Updated: Feb-22-14 2:47 pm
- Hail the Viktor: Ahn wins 2 short track golds Updated: Feb-21-14 5:37 pm
- Ahn leads Russia to Olympic gold in 5,000 relay Updated: Feb-21-14 2:03 pm
- South Korea's Park wins Olympic 1,000 short track Updated: Feb-21-14 1:18 pm
- Blunders cost China bronze medal in men's curling Updated: Feb-21-14 9:21 am
- Sweden wins bronze medal in men's Olympic curling Updated: Feb-21-14 8:05 am
- Canada eyes gold-medal double in Olympic curling Updated: Feb-20-14 6:36 pm
- Olympic short track concludes with 3 finals Updated: Feb-20-14 6:11 pm
- Canada, Britain reach men's Olympic curling final Updated: Feb-19-14 3:00 pm
- South Korea wins Olympic gold in 3,000 relay Updated: Feb-18-14 6:24 am
- Aerials end in disappointment again for China Updated: Feb-17-14 4:30 pm
- Another gold for Belarus in aerials at Olympics Updated: Feb-17-14 3:54 pm
- Peterson's spirit lives on in men's aerials Updated: Feb-16-14 5:31 pm
- China's Zhou wins Olympic 1,500 short track gold Updated: Feb-15-14 7:31 am
- Hanyu's historic gold for Japan no flash in pan Updated: Feb-15-14 5:36 am
- Japan celebrates Hanyu's history-making gold medal Updated: Feb-14-14 11:19 pm
- Tsuper wins gold, while an Aussie makes history Updated: Feb-14-14 4:21 pm
- China aims for top of podium in women's aerials Updated: Feb-13-14 7:00 pm
- Fast on ice: China gets 2 Olympic golds in 3 hours Updated: Feb-13-14 2:26 pm
- US seems to be skating in mud at speedskating oval Updated: Feb-13-14 2:13 pm
- Zhang Hong pulls Olympic stunner in speedskating Updated: Feb-13-14 1:00 pm
- SOCHI SCENE: 'Wee sweary word' Updated: Feb-13-14 10:22 am
- China's Li wins crash-filled 500 Olympic final Updated: Feb-13-14 9:07 am
- Millionaire curler finally gets Olympic chance Updated: Feb-12-14 4:43 am
RENO, Nevada - Squaw Valley is planning a special celebration at the Sierra ski resort March 21 to honor more than a dozen U.S. Olympians from the Reno-Lake Tahoe area who competed in the Winter Games in Sochi, Russia, including three who brought home gold.
SOCHI, Russia - With the pressure off and no medals at stake, it was time for the Olympic figure skaters to have some fun.
SOCHI, Russia - Viktor Ahn was already a Russian citizen. At the Sochi Olympics, he was embraced as a national hero by his adopted country.
SOCHI, Russia - Viktor Ahn led Russia to Olympic gold in the 5,000-meter relay Friday, giving the short track star a record-tying eighth career medal.
SOCHI, Russia - Park Seung-hi of South Korea won Olympic gold in women's 1,000 meter short track, giving her a third medal at the Sochi Games.
SOCHI, Russia - Liu Rui was so close to being an Olympic medalist in curling. Too close for comfort, it turns out.
SOCHI, Russia - Sweden won the bronze medal in men's Olympic curling on Friday, beating China 6-4 in a nerve-jangling game that hinged on the final shot in an extra end and two major technical blunders by the Chinese.
SOCHI, Russia - One down, one to go. Over to you, Brad.
SOCHI, Russia - Viktor Ahn opened the short track competition by giving Russia its first Olympic medal in the frenetic sport. Now the red-haired skater can make history on the final night of competition by winning the only gold medal that is missing from his collection.
SOCHI, Russia - If there's to be a changing of the guard in men's curling, it will have to wait a little while longer.
SOCHI, Russia - South Korea won the women's Olympic short track 3,000-meter relay, passing China on the last lap to take the lead.
KRASNAYA POLYANA, Russia - China came to the Sochi Games with the top-ranked men's and women's aerials team in the world.
KRASNAYA POLYANA, Russia - This was a high five Anton Kushnir will never forget.
KRASNAYA POLYANA, Russia - Emily Cook still carries a picture of longtime U.S. aerials teammate Jeret "Speedy" Peterson in her pocket. Nearly three years after the charismatic but troubled skier's suicide, Peterson's pioneering spirit looms over his sport.
SOCHI, Russia - Zhou Yang of China won the women's 1,500-meter short track gold medal, successfully defending the Olympic title she won four years ago.
SOCHI, Russia - Unlike when Chinese hurdler Liu Xiang made a major Olympic breakthrough for Asian men, Yuzuru Hanyu's historic gold medal for Japan in figure skating looks less a flash in the pan and more of a significant shift in his sport's center of gravity.
TOKYO - Japan celebrated Yuzuru Hanyu's historic win in men's figure skating at the break of dawn Saturday, rejoicing in the country's first-ever gold medal in the Olympic event.
KRASNAYA POLYANA, Russia - Lydia Lassila already has a gold medal sitting back home in Australia.
KRASNAYA POLYANA, Russia - When China decided to hand over its fledgling aerials program to Peter Judge 11 years ago, the Canadian helped unleash what former Chinese coach Dustin Wilson called a "Pandora's Box."
SOCHI, Russia - On a big day for China at the Sochi Olympics, speedskater Zhang Hong produced the biggest surprise of all with an overpowering early run in the 1,000 meters that none of the favorites came close to beating.
SOCHI, Russia - More than an hour after the latest disappointment at Adler Arena, the bigwigs of U.S. speedskating huddled glumly in the empty stands, talking urgently among themselves, trying to figure out what to do now.
SOCHI, Russia - Zhang Hong put up an early time no one could beat.
SOCHI, Russia - Miking up curlers during games in the Winter Olympics can serve as a very useful tool, educating spectators and TV viewers about shot selection and strategy.
SOCHI, Russia - In the slippery world of short track, China kept its grip solidly on the Olympic gold medal.
SOCHI, Russia - John Jahr slowly hitches up his pants, runs his fingers through his swept-back graying hair and gently crouches down, beckoning a curling stone toward him.