- Afghan forces struggle as Taliban seeks northern stronghold Updated: May-26-15 2:25 am
KUNDUZ, Afghanistan - Taliban insurgents, their ranks swelled by foreign fighters pushed across the border from Pakistan, nearly surrounded this northern Afghan city last month with an offensive that stunned local authorities and raised concerns over their ability to defend the country without U.S. and foreign combat troops.
- Army sergeant sentenced in 2013 Afghan fuel bribery scheme Updated: May-21-15 4:22 pm
COLUMBUS, Georgia - Federal prosecutors in Georgia say an Army sergeant has been sentenced in a bribery scheme that involved Afghan truckers reselling military fuel on the black market.
- 6 South Dakota National Guard soldiers going to Afghanistan Updated: May-11-15 6:10 am
RAPID CITY, South Dakota - Six soldiers with the South Dakota Army National Guard in Rapid City are being deployed to Afghanistan for a year
- Last Coast Guard inspection team returning from Afghanistan Updated: May-09-15 10:50 am
NORFOLK, Virginia - After more than a decade of war in Afghanistan, the Coast Guard is finally bringing home the last of its inspection teams that help the military send cargo back to the U.S.
- Former soldiers try to spur manufacturing in Afghanistan Updated: Apr-30-15 12:26 pm
TACOMA, Washington - Matt Griffin and Andy Sewrey felt triumphant as they drove through Kabul on the back of a pickup truck. The brothers-in-law sat on 2,000 pairs of designer sandals they had just commissioned from an Afghan factory to launch their own business.