- Afghan official: Taliban attack troops, 3 civilians killed Updated: Oct-09-15 10:00 am
KABUL, Afghanistan - An Afghan official says three civilians were killed and four wounded after they were caught in the crossfire of a Taliban attack on troops south of the capital.
- NATO leaves door open for troops to remain in Afghanistan Updated: Oct-08-15 5:45 pm
BRUSSELS - Urged on by the United States, NATO is open to keeping more troops in Afghanistan than initially planned after 2016, but officials said Thursday the alliance is waiting for the Obama administration to announce its decision on a larger military presence there.
- Wisconsin airman among 11 dead in Afghanistan plane crash Updated: Oct-02-15 8:19 pm
MILWAUKEE - An airman from Wisconsin was among the 11 people killed when a U.S. Air Force military transport crashed at a base in Afghanistan, his sister said Friday.
- The Latest: Afghan president says Kunduz fully recaptured Updated: Oct-01-15 11:53 am
KABUL, Afghanistan - The latest developments as the Afghan government announced it has retaken control of the northern city of Kunduz, which was captured by the Taliban earlier this week (all times local).
- US pitches investors on Afghan airfields as drawdown looms Updated: Sep-30-15 7:34 am
DUBAI, United Arab Emirates - U.S. and Afghan officials pitched investors Wednesday on doing business on military airfields that NATO troops will withdraw from in Afghanistan, even as the Taliban insurgency rages on in the country.