- Former Army sergeant to receive Medal of Honor Updated: Apr-15-14 6:48 pm
- Drone used to scout Skagit Valley elk herd Updated: Apr-11-14 1:05 pm
- Afghan probe begins in attack on AP journalists Updated: Apr-10-14 3:41 am
- Michigan soldier earns Silver Star for Afghan duty Updated: Apr-07-14 4:14 am
- AP photographer killed, reporter wounded Updated: Apr-04-14 7:02 pm
- National Guard unit headed for Afghanistan Updated: Apr-04-14 4:10 pm
- Officials look into soldier's death in Afghanistan Updated: Apr-02-14 7:30 pm
WASHINGTON - President Barack Obama will award the Medal of Honor to former Army Sergeant Kyle J. White, who put his own life at risk in an hours-long effort to save fellow service members during a 2007 ambush in Afghanistan.
MOUNT VERNON, Washington - Looking out over the town of Hamilton in the upper Skagit River valley from a hillside on state Department of Natural Resources land, a team of federal unmanned aircraft operators and local researchers scouted for elk.
KABUL, Afghanistan - Afghan central government authorities on Wednesday began questioning the police commander who killed an Associated Press photographer and wounded an AP reporter, a day after he was transferred by helicopter to the capital - a rare case in which an Afghan officer or soldier who shot a foreigner was captured alive.
BATTLE CREEK, Michigan - In the middle of it all, with the bullets whizzing and the bombs exploding and the situation deteriorating, Bob Hinsley returned a text message.
KABUL, Afghanistan - An Afghan police commander opened fire Friday on two Associated Press journalists, killing Pulitzer Prize-winning photographer Anja Niedringhaus and wounding veteran correspondent Kathy Gannon - the first known case of a security insider attacking journalists in Afghanistan.
WORCESTER, Massachusetts - Families and friends have given a formal send-off to a Massachusetts National Guard unit heading for Afghanistan to help prepare for the departure of U.S. troops.
FORT BRAGG, North Carolina - Military officials say a soldier based at Fort Bragg has died of a non-combat related accident in Afghanistan.