- NATO chief: Not just Karzai can sign Afghan pact Updated: Dec-04-13 3:50 pm
- US stops shipping from Afghanistan during protests Updated: Dec-03-13 6:02 pm
- 200 Ga. Guard troops to train for Afghan mission Updated: Dec-01-13 7:04 am
- 11 SD Guard soldiers home from Afghanistan Updated: Nov-26-13 7:31 pm
- North Texas soldier dies of Afghan war wounds Updated: Nov-18-13 4:40 pm
- Afghan boy aided by Army recovers from surgery Updated: Nov-16-13 5:47 pm
- RI soldier who died saving Afghani boy honored Updated: Nov-15-13 3:11 pm
- 6 ND soldiers who served in Afghanistan back home Updated: Nov-11-13 7:28 am
- Wounded RI soldier hopes to return to Afghanistan Updated: Nov-10-13 4:28 pm
- UK judge releases Afghanistan 'execution' audio Updated: Nov-07-13 9:37 am
- US trashes, sells its unwanted gear in Afghanistan Updated: Nov-06-13 2:33 pm
BRUSSELS - NATO's chief said Wednesday that President Hamid Karzai isn't the only Afghan government official who can sign a security pact so that thousands of coalition troops can stay in Afghanistan after 2014. But an Afghan diplomat insisted Karzai will have final say anyway.
WASHINGTON - The United States said Tuesday it had stopped shipments of military equipment out of Afghanistan, citing the risk to truckers from protests along part of the route in neighboring Pakistan.
MACON, Georgia - About 200 citizen-soldiers from the Georgia National Guard are leaving home to train for a deployment to Afghanistan.
RAPID CITY, South Dakota - Eleven South Dakota National Guard soldiers have arrived home for Thanksgiving.
WASHINGTON - The Pentagon has announced the death of a 29-year-old North Texas soldier in a roadside mining attack in Afghanistan.
SCRANTON, Pennsylvania - A 7-year-old Afghan boy born with his bladder outside of his body awoke from corrective surgery just in time to say goodbye to the U.S. Army officer who helped make it possible.
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - The 11-year-old son of a Rhode Island National Guardsman who died saving a boy in Afghanistan has accepted a Red Cross heroism award on behalf of his father.
BISMARCK, North Dakota - Six North Dakota National Guard soldiers who spent nearly a year in Afghanistan are back home for Veterans Day.
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - A soldier with the Rhode Island National Guard who was wounded in Afghanistan is hoping to be deployed again so he can help his fellow troops.
LONDON - A British judge has released audio recorded during the alleged execution of an Afghan insurgent by three U.K. soldiers.
KANDAHAR, Afghanistan - The withdrawing U.S. military is destroying most of the equipment it is leaving behind in Afghanistan after 13 years of war, selling the scrap for millions of dollars to those willing to buy it.