- Arizona House Democrat to challenge McCain for Senate Updated: May-26-15 10:59 am
- Ducey wants to reduce, consolidate state airplane fleet Updated: May-24-15 4:44 pm
PHOENIX - Following the Arizona Department of Transportation's purchase of a new airplane, Gov. Doug Ducey wants to pare down the state's fleet.
- DPS investigating crash that killed 18-year-old pedestrian Updated: May-23-15 6:27 am
PHOENIX - Arizona Department of Public Safety officials are investigating a fatal collision involving a pedestrian on the Gila River Indian Community.
- Crash briefly closes Arizona's main route to Las Vegas Updated: May-22-15 8:56 pm
WICKENBURG, Arizona - Authorities say U.S. 93 near Wickenburg is now reopened after the main route from Phoenix to Las Vegas was closed to due to a crash.
- Police shoot man, say he tried to run over officer Updated: May-22-15 8:53 pm
SCOTTSDALE, Arizona - A suspected car thief led Scottsdale police on a hit-and-run spree and then a foot chase before shot and apprehended in a Mesa backyard, authorities said Friday.
- Arizona schools chief defends suit against education board Updated: May-21-15 4:03 pm
PHOENIX - Superintendent of Public Instruction Diane Douglas on Thursday defended a lawsuit she filed against the Board of Education over who controls the board's staff after the initial court hearing in the case.
- Arizona tests alert system to prevent wrong-way crashes Updated: May-20-15 5:42 pm
PHOENIX - A rash of deadly wrong-way crashes on Phoenix-area freeways has led the Arizona Department of Transportation to research technology that would detect a car driving the wrong direction and send alerts to overhead freeway signs and police.
- Semi-truck fire closes lane of Interstate-40 east of Kingman Updated: May-20-15 3:56 pm
KINGMAN, Arizona - The eastbound lane of Interstate 40 in northwestern Arizona has been reopened after a commercial vehicle caught fire and started a brushfire east of Kingman.
- Westbound I-10 reopens in Casa Grande after accident, fire Updated: May-19-15 3:32 pm
CASA GRANDE, Arizona - Westbound Interstate 10 in Casa Grande reopened Tuesday morning following an accident in which a law enforcement vehicle caught fire.
- Facing $1 billion deficit, Arizona sharply limits welfare Updated: May-18-15 8:13 pm
PHOENIX - Facing a $1 billion budget deficit, Arizona's Republican-led Legislature has reduced the lifetime limit for welfare recipients to the shortest window in the nation.
- DPS: Body of border crosser found in desert east of Tucson Updated: May-14-15 6:16 am
TUCSON, Arizona - Arizona Department of Public Safety officials say the body of a border crosser has been recovered in the desert about 30 miles east of Tucson.
- Arizona AG's office: Woman faked cancer to get an abortion Updated: May-12-15 7:43 pm
PHOENIX - Charges have been filed against a woman accused of faking cancer in 2010 to get Arizona to pay for her late-term abortion, state prosecutors said Tuesday.
- Savings from Indiana energy-efficiency law could be small Updated: May-10-15 11:25 am
INDIANAPOLIS - A new law aimed at decreasing energy usage in Indiana might not save consumers money as advertised and could leave the state at risk of violating federal emissions rules, environmentalists say.
- Dems, GOP ready to act if Supreme Court axes House districts Updated: May-09-15 3:14 am
WASHINGTON - Vulnerable House incumbents are fattening their campaign accounts as the Supreme Court approaches a decision on a case that could force legislatures to reshape congressional districts in 13 states or more, perhaps in time for next year's elections.
- Court: Family mistakenly notified of woman's death can't sue Updated: May-08-15 11:14 pm
PHOENIX - For six days, the family of 19-year-old April Guerra mourned her death because they thought she was killed in a car wreck. It turns out, she wasn't.
- Ruling: Shield on highway lawsuit hinged on hazard warnings Updated: May-08-15 4:47 pm
PHOENIX - The Arizona Supreme Court upheld a $7.8 million judgment against the state over a 2007 fatal accident on Interstate 10, ruling Friday that a defense against lawsuits over allegedly unsafe highways didn't apply because motorists weren't warned about possible danger from the lack of a median barrier.
- State education officials ask for investigation of testing Updated: May-07-15 10:39 am
PHOENIX - Arizona education officials have asked the state Attorney General's Office to investigate possible cheating at seven schools where officials say some students' answers on standardized tests were erased and changed to the correct answer at a higher-than-normal rate.
- Arizona DPS officers find a pipe bomb in a Phoenix home Updated: May-07-15 6:14 am
PHOENIX - Arizona Department of Public Safety officers say they discovered a pipe bomb in a Phoenix home while serving a search warrant.
- GOP presidential candidate Rubio headlines Phoenix events Updated: May-06-15 7:48 pm
PHOENIX - Republican presidential candidate Marco Rubio made a whirlwind stop in Arizona on Wednesday as he tries to drum up support for his 2016 campaign.
- Delays expected along US Route 60 near Globe this summer Updated: May-06-15 8:37 am
PHOENIX - Arizona officials are expecting a series of highway improvements to cause delays and closures along parts of U.S. Route 60 this summer.
- DPS: Driver arrested going 131.5 mph on freeway in Phoenix Updated: May-04-15 7:37 pm
PHOENIX - Authorities say a man has been arrested for allegedly driving his sports car more than 131 mph on a Phoenix freeway.
- Arizona DPS to honor fallen officers in yearly ceremony Updated: May-04-15 6:13 am
PHOENIX - The Arizona Department of Public Safety is honoring fellow officers who have died in the line of duty.
- Flagstaff seeks solutions to winter snow-recreation traffic Updated: May-02-15 5:47 pm
FLAGSTAFF, Arizona - The traffic problems that come with being Arizona's go-to ski destination are getting harder to deal with, Flagstaff officials said.
- DPS officer stops carjacker who took off in car with infant Updated: May-02-15 1:20 pm
PHOENIX - A baby in the backseat of a vehicle that was carjacked is back with his parents thanks to an Arizona Department of Public Safety officer.
- Driver killed in rollover on Interstate 10 in west Phoenix Updated: May-01-15 3:55 pm
PHOENIX - A driver is dead after a rollover accident on Interstate 10 in west Phoenix.