- GOP presidential candidate Rubio headlines Phoenix events Updated: May-06-15 7:48 pm
PHOENIX - Republican presidential candidate Marco Rubio made a whirlwind stop in Arizona on Wednesday as he tries to drum up support for his 2016 campaign.
- Delays expected along US Route 60 near Globe this summer Updated: May-06-15 8:37 am
PHOENIX - Arizona officials are expecting a series of highway improvements to cause delays and closures along parts of U.S. Route 60 this summer.
- DPS: Driver arrested going 131.5 mph on freeway in Phoenix Updated: May-04-15 7:37 pm
PHOENIX - Authorities say a man has been arrested for allegedly driving his sports car more than 131 mph on a Phoenix freeway.
- Arizona DPS to honor fallen officers in yearly ceremony Updated: May-04-15 6:13 am
PHOENIX - The Arizona Department of Public Safety is honoring fellow officers who have died in the line of duty.
- Flagstaff seeks solutions to winter snow-recreation traffic Updated: May-02-15 5:47 pm
FLAGSTAFF, Arizona - The traffic problems that come with being Arizona's go-to ski destination are getting harder to deal with, Flagstaff officials said.
- DPS officer stops carjacker who took off in car with infant Updated: May-02-15 1:20 pm
PHOENIX - A baby in the backseat of a vehicle that was carjacked is back with his parents thanks to an Arizona Department of Public Safety officer.
- Driver killed in rollover on Interstate 10 in west Phoenix Updated: May-01-15 3:55 pm
PHOENIX - A driver is dead after a rollover accident on Interstate 10 in west Phoenix.
- DPS to launch career-criminal squad in Arizona Updated: May-01-15 10:11 am
PHOENIX - The Arizona Department of Public Safety is trying to zero in on repeat offenders by creating a career-criminal squad.
- Arizona lawmakers tell cities they can't ban plastic bags Updated: Apr-30-15 7:43 pm
PHOENIX - Vexed by the litter caught in cactus and shrubs, one Arizona city banned plastic bags on Earth Day last year. Two others considered similar bans as part of a growing trend around the country to outlaw the single-use of plastic bags at checkout counters.
- 4 more private retailers to issue Arizona driver's licenses Updated: Apr-29-15 2:18 pm
PHOENIX - Those looking for a new driver's license have more options now that the state has made them available at four new privately owned businesses.
- DPS: Colorado woman is killed in crash in southern Arizona Updated: Apr-24-15 8:55 pm
PATAGONIA, Arizona - Authorities say a Colorado woman is dead after a car crash on State Route 82 between Sonoita and Patagonia in southern Arizona.
- Rep. Fann to run for Pierce's seat in Arizona Senate Updated: Apr-24-15 1:58 pm
PRESCOTT, Arizona - A state representative for the legislative district centered on Yavapai County plans to run for the district's Senate seat in 2016 because it'll be open due to term limits.
- Boys and Girls Clubs awarded big grant from Arizona AG Updated: Apr-24-15 8:43 am
PHOENIX - Boys and Girls Clubs in Arizona have been awarded $670,000 from a special Arizona attorney general's fund to pay for anti-obesity and diabetes prevention programs over the next two years.
- Ducey allows same-sex couples to be adoptive, foster parents Updated: Apr-23-15 6:09 pm
PHOENIX - Arizona Gov. Doug Ducey has overruled a legal opinion from the attorney general's office and instructed the state's child welfare agency to allow all legally married couples, including same-sex couples, to jointly be adoptive and foster parents.
- Arizona Supreme Court says jury should consider DUI results Updated: Apr-23-15 2:52 pm
PHOENIX - The Arizona Supreme Court is refusing to exclude challenged Scottsdale crime lab results of blood-alcohol tests, saying jurors should consider whether alleged flaws in the testing make the results unreliable.
- Gov. Ducey holds signing ceremony for ride-hailing bill Updated: Apr-22-15 3:04 pm
PHOENIX - Executives with ride-hauling companies Uber and Lyft have joined Arizona Gov. Doug Ducey at a signing ceremony for a bill overhauling regulations for the new firms.
- Gov. Ducey appoints new State Transportation Board member Updated: Apr-17-15 6:13 am
PHOENIX - Gov. Doug Ducey has appointed Michael Hammond to the State Transportation Board.
- Arizona House renovation plan hits snag as reps fret cost Updated: Apr-16-15 9:16 pm
PHOENIX - Just months after a renovation, the Arizona House was headed for another - but Speaker David Gowan's plans may have hit a roadblock.
- Gov. Doug Ducey sparks executive power debate over tax law Updated: Apr-15-15 8:39 pm
PHOENIX - As Gov. Doug Ducey began a tour of Arizona to celebrate his first 100 days in office, he found himself in the middle of a dispute over executive powers Wednesday after his veto of a bill exempting a Grand Canyon charter helicopter operator and all crop dusters from a state tax.
- Gov. Ducey vetoes conservative push to take public lands Updated: Apr-15-15 2:34 pm
PHOENIX - Gov. Doug Ducey has dashed the hopes of conservatives in his own party angry at the federal government's oversight of millions of acres of land.
- Ducey vetoes bill banning sales of powdered alcohol Updated: Apr-14-15 9:32 pm
PHOENIX - Arizona Gov. Doug Ducey has vetoed a bill banning the sale powdered alcohol in the state.
- Ducey vetoes tax break bill for air charter, crop dusters Updated: Apr-14-15 8:56 pm
PHOENIX - Arizona Gov. Doug Ducey has vetoed a bill exempting charter air service operators and crop dusters from tax on planes and parts. But he told the state revenue department not to enforce the tax until a revised bill can be passed.
- Gov. Ducey Oks bill blocking funding for federal health care Updated: Apr-14-15 7:54 pm
PHOENIX - With the future of subsidies for people who buy health insurance on the federal health marketplace at risk, Arizona will block state and local governments from funding, enforcing or cooperating with the President Barack Obama's health care law under a bill Gov. Doug Ducey signed Friday.
- Gov. Doug Ducey signs elections-related measures Updated: Apr-13-15 10:34 pm
PHOENIX - Gov. Doug Ducey signed a series of election reforms Monday that included measures Democrats say limit voter participation and open the doors to heavier spending to influence elections by deep-pocketed donors.
- New Arizona law tightens regulations for medical marijuana Updated: Apr-13-15 8:13 pm
PHOENIX - Naturopathic doctors will face tighter regulations for recommending medical marijuana under a bill Gov. Doug Ducey signed into law Friday.