- Trump backers yell foul over loss at Arizona GOP convention Updated: May-01-16 5:46 am
PHOENIX - Texas Sen. Ted Cruz pulled out a strategic victory at the Arizona Republican Party convention, nailing down a large majority of delegates to the national convention amid cheating accusations from backers of businessman Donald Trump.
- The Latest: Trump backers yell foul over Arizona party loss Updated: Apr-30-16 9:02 pm
MESA, Arizona - The Latest on the Arizona Republican Party convention (all times local):
- House, Senate adjourn without reaching budget deal Updated: Apr-30-16 1:53 am
PHOENIX - The Legislature adjourned for the weekend as negotiations over the state's $9.58 billion budget package fell apart in the House late Friday night before a deal could be reached.
- The Latest: Legislature done for weekend amid budget chaos Updated: Apr-30-16 12:48 am
PHOENIX - The Latest on legislative action an Arizona budget proposal (all times local):
- Blowing dust causes 2nd freeway closure near Arizona border Updated: Apr-28-16 10:53 pm
SAN SIMON, Arizona - Blowing dust closed a 62-mile stretch of freeway near the Arizona-New Mexico border and triggered three separate accidents involving 12 vehicles, authorities said Thursday.
- Deal ends fight between solar firm, utility for now Updated: Apr-28-16 10:11 pm
PHOENIX - A deal between the nation's largest solar company and Arizona's biggest utility announced Thursday means competing measures asking voters about how to treat rooftop solar power are being withdrawn.
- House advances bill targeting illegal immigration Updated: Apr-28-16 9:25 pm
PHOENIX - A bill that would stiffen sentences for immigrants in the country illegally has advanced in the House, despite critics saying the proposal creates a separate system of justice for non-citizens.
- The Latest: Deal between solar firm, utility ends fight Updated: Apr-28-16 9:22 pm
PHOENIX - The Latest on voter referrals dealing with rooftop solar power (all times local):
- Senate advances bill increasing minimum wage Updated: Apr-28-16 8:34 pm
PHOENIX - Republican-backed legislation that blocks municipalities from setting their own minimum wage and increases it at a rate they say is agreeable to businesses advanced in the Senate on Thursday.
- Arizona Republicans want funding for Koch-backed schools Updated: Apr-28-16 6:18 pm
PHOENIX - Arizona's Republican leaders have proposed earmarking millions of dollars for programs at the state's public universities that are backed by billionaire Republican donor Charles Koch.
- Arizona AG: 4 are indicted in employment and credit scheme Updated: Apr-28-16 6:07 pm
PHOENIX - Four people have been indicted in an employment and credit scheme that targeted college students in Arizona.
- Arizona DPS trooper killed in line of duty to be honored Updated: Apr-27-16 5:56 am
PHOENIX - A sandstone monument memorializing a fallen Arizona Department of Public Safety trooper will be unveiled and dedicated Friday in Phoenix.
- 2 kids injured after car collides with school bus in Peoria Updated: Apr-26-16 6:04 pm
PEORIA, Arizona - An infant and another child have been taken to a hospital after the car they were riding in collided with a school bus in Peoria.
- Arizona ruling: Police can't say DUI tests are required Updated: Apr-26-16 5:21 pm
PHOENIX - Police in Arizona can't flatly tell drunken-driving suspects that state law requires them to submit to alcohol testing, the Arizona Supreme Court said Tuesday in a ruling that acknowledges that a state-provided form and earlier rulings by courts indicated otherwise.
- The Latest: Court: Police can't say DUI tests are required Updated: Apr-26-16 3:44 pm
PHOENIX - The Latest on Arizona Supreme Court rulings on consent for testing of people suspected of driving or operating a boat while under the influence of alcohol (all times local):
- State grand jury indicts Chandler woman on fraud allegations Updated: Apr-26-16 6:04 am
PHOENIX - The Arizona Attorney General's Office says a state grand jury has indicted a Chandler woman for fraud and other charges.
- House backs bill allowing guns in public buildings Updated: Apr-26-16 6:03 am
PHOENIX - The Arizona House has given initial approval to proposal allowing concealed-carry permits holders to carry guns into some public buildings.
- Blowing dust closes I-10 stretch between Arizona, New Mexico Updated: Apr-25-16 10:50 pm
PHOENIX - Blowing dust caused the closure of a 62-mile stretch of Interstate 10 between southeastern Arizona and New Mexico for about two hours.
- 3 in custody after Phoenix-area freeway chase of stolen car Updated: Apr-25-16 9:19 am
PHOENIX - Authorities say three people are in custody following a Phoenix-area freeway chase involving a stolen car.
- 3 dead in freeway crash in Gila River Updated: Apr-24-16 6:17 pm
CHANDLER, Arizona - Three people have died in a car crash on the Gila River Indian Reservation.
- 1 killed in head-on collision south of Phoenix Updated: Apr-21-16 9:25 pm
PHOENIX - A 34-year-old Phoenix man died early Thursday morning after a car he was riding in collided with another vehicle on State Route 347 near Riggs Road.
- Last-ditch effort to revive new payday lender loans Updated: Apr-21-16 9:06 pm
PHOENIX - Backers of a proposal allowing payday lenders barred from Arizona following a 2008 voter initiative to offer a new high-interest loan product launched a last-ditch effort Thursday to revive the legislation.
- Legislature moves to repeal new law targeting abortion Updated: Apr-21-16 8:23 pm
PHOENIX - The Arizona Legislature is moving to repeal a law just signed by Gov. Doug Ducey and another one he signed last year that target abortions and appear to be indefensible in court.
- Arizona DOT says to expect various weekend road closures Updated: Apr-21-16 7:24 pm
PHOENIX - Phoenix-area drivers this weekend should be on the lookout for several road closures.
- Distracted driving killed at least 36 people in AZ last year Updated: Apr-21-16 5:54 am
PHOENIX - State transportation officials say 36 people died and more than 8,000 were involved in accidents as the result of distracted driving last year.