- Governor vetoes religious tax breaks Updated: Apr-22-14 10:53 pm
- Arizona governor vetoes bill allowing wolf killing Updated: Apr-22-14 10:37 pm
- Arizona Gov. Jan Brewer vetoes 2 pro-gun bills Updated: Apr-22-14 10:26 pm
- Governor signs bill to stop federal takeover Updated: Apr-22-14 10:11 pm
- Senate votes down Super Bowl bill aiding Glendale Updated: Apr-22-14 7:54 pm
- House passes elections agency curb bill on 2nd try Updated: Apr-22-14 7:34 pm
- Senate sides with ridesharing services Uber, Lyft Updated: Apr-22-14 7:28 pm
- Senate approves another gun bill Updated: Apr-22-14 5:47 pm
- Bill making smugglers eligible for death passes Updated: Apr-22-14 5:35 pm
- Gov. Brewer signs bill to curb human trafficking Updated: Apr-22-14 5:34 pm
- Arizona court rules on DUI law for marijuana users Updated: Apr-22-14 5:34 pm
- Court revives lawsuit vs. state Medicaid expansion Updated: Apr-22-14 5:25 pm
- House rejects limits on total state pensions Updated: Apr-22-14 2:44 pm
- House to take up 2 school voucher bills Updated: Apr-21-14 7:37 pm
- Senate approves 'revenge porn' bill Updated: Apr-21-14 2:10 pm
- GOP gubernatorial candidates relying on geography Updated: Apr-20-14 4:56 pm
- Arizona Supreme Court rules on condemnation issue Updated: Apr-19-14 4:31 am
- Senate to debate rideshare regulations Updated: Apr-18-14 6:58 pm
- Arizona House fails to expand school vouchers Updated: Apr-17-14 11:16 pm
- Brewer axes bill giving Tombstone fed land access Updated: Apr-17-14 9:40 pm
- Bill giving search, rescue groups legal cover axed Updated: Apr-17-14 9:37 pm
- Governor vetoes aggressive panhandling bill Updated: Apr-17-14 8:11 pm
- Bill limiting Medicaid to 5 years sent to Brewer Updated: Apr-17-14 6:16 pm
- Senate rejects revival of Grand Canyon U tax break Updated: Apr-15-14 9:07 pm
- County, feds at odds over drug case payments Updated: Apr-15-14 9:04 pm
PHOENIX - Arizona Gov. Jan Brewer says she vetoed a bill allowing private property owners who lease space to churches to get a tax break because of several logistical concerns and because it's possible that owners who get the tax break will not pass on the savings to their renters.
PHOENIX - Arizona Gov. Jan Brewer on Tuesday vetoed a bill allowing ranchers to kill endangered wolves in self-defense.
PHOENIX - To the surprise of the bill's sponsor, Gov. Jan Brewer vetoed a bill Tuesday that that would have allowed concealed-carry permit holders to take their guns into government buildings.
PHOENIX - A bill that could avert a federal takeover of Arizona's construction safety standards division has been signed into law by Gov. Jan Brewer.
PHOENIX - After months of bipartisan support in both Arizona legislative chambers, a bill that would have helped the city of Glendale cover public safety costs during next year's Super Bowl failed Tuesday in the Senate.
PHOENIX - The Arizona House has passed a bill preventing the Arizona Citizens Clean Elections Commission from investigating possible campaign contribution violations by candidates who don't participate in the program.
PHOENIX - Calling Uber a cutting-edge concept, the Arizona Senate on Tuesday approved a bill that exempts it and other rideshare companies from the same regulations that traditional taxi and limo companies have.
PHOENIX - The Arizona Senate has approved a bill that would speed up the certification process for high-caliber firearms for private citizens.
PHOENIX - The Arizona Senate has approved a bill that could make human smugglers convicted of murder eligible for the death penalty.
PHOENIX - Gov. Jan Brewer signed sweeping legislation Tuesday that aims to curb human trafficking and was championed by the wife of U.S. Sen. John McCain.
PHOENIX - Authorities can't prosecute Arizona motorists for driving under the influence of marijuana unless the person is impaired at the time of the stop, the state Supreme Court ruled Tuesday in the latest opinion on an issue that several states have grappled with across the nation.
PHOENIX - The Arizona Court of Appeals on Tuesday revived a lawsuit challenging Gov. Jan Brewer's expansion of the state's Medicaid insurance plan for the poor, ruling that Republican lawmakers have the right to sue over their contention that a hospital assessment that funds the expansion is a tax requiring a two-thirds vote of the Legislature.
PHOENIX - The Arizona House has rejected a bill that would have limited the size of state pensions for people hired after this summer.
PHOENIX - The Arizona Department of Education says it was mistaken when it informed the public and reporters last month that all students in the state's school voucher program are currently receiving extra funding that is meant for students from charter schools.
PHOENIX - The Arizona Senate has approved a bill aimed at stopping jilted lovers from posting explicit pictures of their former flames online to get revenge.
PHOENIX - Two Republican candidates for Arizona governor in an already crowded field could have a critical advantage thanks to support close to home, the Arizona Capitol Times reported (http://bit.ly/1jWCfT1) earlier this month.
PHOENIX - A dispute from light rail construction in Phoenix is the basis for an Arizona Supreme Court ruling on compensation for property owners in condemnation cases.
PHOENIX - Among the major issues left to cover at the Arizona Legislature before the session ends is how to regulate the increasingly popular ridesharing programs like Uber and Lyft.
PHOENIX - A major expansion for Arizona's school-voucher program suffered a blow Thursday in the House of Representatives.
PHOENIX - Gov. Jan Brewer on Thursday vetoed a bill designed to allow the city of Tombstone to access federal land to repair its water system, saying the legislation had constitutional issues.
PHOENIX - Arizona Gov. Jan Brewer has vetoed a bill giving broad protection from lawsuits to members of search and rescue groups.
PHOENIX - Arizona Gov. Jan Brewer has vetoed a bill that would have prohibited "aggressive" panhandling.
PHOENIX - A proposal that could force able-bodied Medicaid recipients to get a job and limit some to a maximum of 5 years of insurance is on its way to Gov. Jan Brewer for consideration after the House gave final approval to Republican House Speaker Andy Tobin's bill on Thursday.
PHOENIX - The Arizona Senate on Tuesday narrowly rejected an effort to revive a proposal granting a private Christian university a major break on its property taxes.
FLAGSTAFF, Arizona - Coconino County has offered to repay the U.S. Justice Department $700,000 it received for prosecuting drug trafficking cases after an audit found no proof of federal involvement in the cases.