- Rangers agree to deal with backup goalie Antti Raanta Updated: May-02-16 1:00 pm
NEW YORK - The New York Rangers have agreed to a deal with backup goalie Antti Raanta.
- Jagr, Dupuis, Zuccarello are Masterton finalists Updated: May-01-16 4:42 pm
NEW YORK - Florida's Jaromir Jagr, Pittsburgh's Pascal Dupuis and the New York Rangers' Mats Zuccarello are the finalists for the Bill Masterton Memorial Trophy as the NHL player who best exemplifies the qualities of perseverance, sportsmanship and dedication to hockey.
- Tough guy Colton Orr retires after 9-year NHL career Updated: Apr-28-16 4:03 pm
TORONTO - NHL tough guy Colton Orr has retired after nine years in the league.
- Winds of change coming to Rangers after early playoff exit Updated: Apr-26-16 4:57 pm
GREENBURGH, New York - Change is coming to the New York Rangers, and it probably will hit the core group that carried the team deep into the Stanley Cup playoffs the past two seasons.
- Penguins goaltender Fleury still dealing with concussion Updated: Apr-25-16 4:44 pm
PITTSBURGH - Pittsburgh Penguins goaltender Marc-Andre Fleury skated alongside some of his teammates on Monday, but says he's still dealing with concussion symptoms and is uncertain on when he will return.
- New faces making instant impact during Penguins' surge Updated: Apr-24-16 3:49 pm
PITTSBURGH - Sidney Crosby danced through the neutral zone, slipped across the New York Rangers' blue line and waited for help. It arrived in the form of a blurring No. 43 black-and-gold jersey, the one worn by a player whose speed and relentlessness propelled him from prospect to unlikely catalyst for a Stanley Cup contender in all of five months.
- Surprise goaltenders make big impacts on playoffs' 1st round Updated: Apr-23-16 7:57 pm
WASHINGTON - Michal Neuvirth, Thomas Greiss and Martin Jones were sitting on the bench as playoff backups a year ago. Jeff Zatkoff and Matt Murray were in the minors.
- Penguins close out Rangers 5 games with 6-3 rout Updated: Apr-23-16 7:56 pm
PITTSBURGH - The end of two springs' worth of playoff angst for the Pittsburgh Penguins came suddenly, crammed into 14 minutes of pure exhilaration, one highlight-reel sequence piled atop another.
- Rangers trying to overcome 3-1 deficit yet again Updated: Apr-22-16 5:40 pm
GREENBURGH, New York - Trailing 3-1 in a series is nothing new for the New York Rangers.
- Malkin stars as Penguins push Rangers to playoff brink Updated: Apr-21-16 11:01 pm
NEW YORK - The Pittsburgh Penguins might have been the NHL's hottest team at the end of the regular season, playing the last month with Evgeni Malkin out of the lineup with an arm injury.
- Rangers captain Ryan McDonagh back in the lineup for Game 3 Updated: Apr-19-16 7:11 pm
- Despite Lundqvist scare, goalies don't want changes to masks Updated: Apr-17-16 11:22 am
ARLINGTON, Virginia - As Henrik Lundqvist kicked his feet in pain, bad thoughts went through his head for 30 seconds. New York Rangers teammate Marc Staal's stick blade went right through his mask and struck the All-Star goaltender in the right eye.
- Lundqvist starts for Rangers, Fleury out again for Penguins Updated: Apr-16-16 3:03 pm
- Lundqvist practices but status for Game 2 uncertain Updated: Apr-15-16 2:39 pm
- Third-string goaltender Zatkoff unlikely hero for Penguins Updated: Apr-14-16 3:37 pm
PITTSBURGH - It would have been easy for Jeff Zatkoff to go through the motions. Nobody would have blamed him really.
- Rangers believes Lundqvist's injury "not serious" Updated: Apr-14-16 1:41 pm
PITTSBURGH - The New York Rangers don't think goaltender Henrik Lundqvist's freak eye injury will keep him out indefinitely. Still, coach Alain Vigneault isn't sure Lundqvist will be ready in time for Game 2 of New York's Eastern Conference quarterfinal series against Pittsburgh on Saturday.
- Rangers recall forward Marek Hrivik from Hartford Updated: Apr-13-16 5:38 pm
PITTSBURGH - The New York Rangers have recalled forward Marek Hrivik from the Hartford Wolf Pack of the American Hockey League.
- Surging Penguins complete turnaround in time for playoffs Updated: Apr-11-16 5:55 pm
PITTSBURGH - Matt Cullen can't quite find the right words to describe it. Maybe because the seemingly ageless Pittsburgh Penguins center has never experienced a season quite like this in a career that spans eight cities and nearly two decades.
- Rangers open playoffs at Pens; Ducks vault Kings in Pacific Updated: Apr-10-16 11:04 pm
- Red Wings still reach playoffs despite 3-2 loss to Rangers Updated: Apr-09-16 5:39 pm
NEW YORK - Despite ending the regular season with consecutive losses, the Detroit Red Wings found a way to extend their remarkable playoff streak.
- Islanders finish season sweep of Rangers with 4-1 win Updated: Apr-07-16 11:04 pm
NEW YORK - John Tavares and the New York Islanders are rolling into the playoffs, making some team history along the way at the Rangers' expense.
- Lundqvist voted Rangers MVP; Fast wins players' award Updated: Apr-07-16 11:59 am
NEW YORK - Henrik Lundqvist has been voted the New York Rangers' most valuable player for this season, a franchise-record eighth time he has won the award.
- Injured Canadiens G Price, D Subban are done for the season Updated: Apr-06-16 12:52 pm
MONTREAL - Montreal Canadiens goaltender Carey Price and defenseman P.K. Subban will not play in the final two games of the season.
- Stepan scores 2, Kreider 1 in Rangers win over Lightning Updated: Apr-05-16 11:16 pm
NEW YORK - The New York Rangers are finding ways to win without captain Ryan McDonagh, and it starts with Henrik Lundqvist
- Rangers recall Brady Skjei from minors with McDonagh hurt Updated: Apr-05-16 12:14 pm
NEW YORK - The New York Rangers have recalled defenseman Brady Skjei from Hartford of the AHL with the status of captain Ryan McDonagh uncertain.