- Dempsey presses Congress to act on defense bill Updated: Dec-09-13 6:46 pm
- State Sen. Bert Johnson running for US House seat Updated: Dec-09-13 6:31 pm
- Suit challenges state's 2nd Congressional District Updated: Dec-09-13 5:56 pm
- Mass. special congressional race heading to wire Updated: Dec-09-13 5:54 pm
- Omaha City Councilman quits race for Congress Updated: Dec-09-13 4:52 pm
- US Rep. Mullin says Corps considers leasing areas Updated: Dec-09-13 4:18 pm
- Minn. GOP's Kline gets challenger from own party Updated: Dec-09-13 2:26 pm
- Rev. Jackson, GOP US rep head to Mandela tribute Updated: Dec-09-13 1:58 pm
- Senate Republicans change up fundraising effort Updated: Dec-09-13 12:57 pm
- US Rep. Schock to lead delegation to S. Africa Updated: Dec-09-13 6:19 am
- AP Exclusive: Accusations dog Russian copter deal Updated: Dec-09-13 3:17 am
- Reid: No party-backed Democrat vs. Amodei in 2014 Updated: Dec-08-13 9:18 pm
- GOP, Dems now face pension vote fallout in 2014 Updated: Dec-08-13 12:39 pm
- McConnell defends voting against farm bill Updated: Dec-07-13 5:06 pm
- AP Exclusive: Rough ride for US-Russia copter deal Updated: Dec-07-13 4:12 pm
- Water projects bill will authorize Fargo diversion Updated: Dec-07-13 3:46 pm
- SD delegation seeks to head off Corps water plan Updated: Dec-07-13 3:46 pm
- Analysis: Dog of year in Congress whimpers to end Updated: Dec-07-13 2:30 pm
- SC Democratic women's group holding fall forum Updated: Dec-07-13 4:04 am
- So. Fla. US Rep. Garcia joins 24 immigration fast Updated: Dec-06-13 3:04 am
- Indiana congressional members praise Mandela Updated: Dec-05-13 7:19 pm
- Milk prices could rise if farm bill looms Updated: Dec-05-13 5:13 pm
- House Democrats urge Obama to suspend deportations Updated: Dec-05-13 4:55 pm
- Alabama House GOP sets 2014 agenda Updated: Dec-05-13 2:51 pm
- State Sen. Westrom to announce congressional bid Updated: Dec-04-13 9:13 pm
WASHINGTON - The nation's top military leader pleaded with Congress on Monday to complete the defense bill before year's end as Democrats and Republicans on the Armed Services committees reached agreement on compromise legislation to pay for warfighters, ships and aircraft.
BATON ROUGE, Louisiana - Louisiana's 2nd Congressional District looks like a wind-ruffled ribbon that curls from the eastern shore of Lake Pontchartrain through New Orleans, then up the Mississippi River to northern Baton Rouge.
BOSTON - The candidates seeking to fill Edward Markey's old seat in the U.S. House are making their final appeals to voters in the Massachusetts' 5th Congressional District.
OMAHA, Nebraska - Omaha City Councilman Pete Festersen is dropping out of the race for Congress two months after launching his campaign, and he leaves Democrats without a candidate to challenge Republican Rep. Lee Terry.
MUSKOGEE, Oklahoma - The U.S. Army Corps of Engineers is considering leasing some recreation areas along the McClellan-Kerr Arkansas River Navigation System in eastern Oklahoma that were closed earlier this year because of budget shortfalls, according to U.S. Rep. Markwayne Mullin.
ST. PAUL, Minnesota - A fellow Republican launching an endorsement challenge to U.S. Rep. John Kline said Monday that the six-term incumbent congressman is not conservative enough.
ATLANTA - The fundraising arm of the Georgia Senate Republican Caucus has not filed a mid-year campaign finance report nor has it submitted its annual registration with the state ethics commission, records show.
PEORIA, Illinois - An Illinois congressman is heading to South Africa to celebrate the life of Nelson Mandela.
WASHINGTON - U.S. military officials insisted a top-secret Pentagon study proved the need to buy Russian helicopters for Afghanistan's security forces. But the study actually recommended an American-made rotorcraft, according to unclassified excerpts obtained by The Associated Press.
RENO, Nevada - Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid says Democrats won't have a party-backed candidate to run against Republican Rep. Mark Amodei in 2014, but he's not ready to surrender the governor's race to incumbent Republican Brian Sandoval.
SPRINGFIELD, Illinois - While Illinois Republicans have made solving the state's pension crisis their issue for years, far fewer GOP lawmakers than expected supported the watershed package of reforms passed by the Legislature Tuesday.
LOUISVILLE, Kentucky - Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell appeared before Kentucky's most influential agricultural group on Saturday to explain his vote against a proposed new farm bill, saying the legislation had been overtaken by a too-generous food stamp program that overshadows actual farm policy.
WASHINGTON - The deal looked sketchy from the start.
WASHINGTON - Congress is poised to finally allow a Red River diversion project to go ahead. Now all it will have to do is pay for it.
WASHINGTON - South Dakota's congressional delegation is pressing House and Senate negotiators to keep a provision in a massive water projects bill that would prevent the Army Corps of Engineers from charging some state residents for use of water.
WASHINGTON - Barring uncharacteristically swift work by Congress, more than a million victims of the recession will lose long-term unemployment benefits over the holidays, the price of milk could shoot up in late winter and government payments might fall sharply for doctors who treat Medicare patients.
COLUMBIA, South Carolina - U.S. Rep. Jim Clyburn is among the speakers scheduled to address a gathering of Democratic women this weekend.
MIAMI - South Florida U.S. Rep. Joe Garcia is joining a 24-hour congressional fast relay in solidarity with a group of immigration activists on the National Mall.
WASHINGTON - A New Year's deadline that could send the price of milk skyward looms over congressional negotiators as they try to reach agreement on a five-year farm bill. They've been tripped up by differences over the nation's food stamp program and how to restructure farm subsidies.
WASHINGTON - Twenty-nine House Democrats are urging President Barack Obama to suspend deportations of immigrants living here illegally and extend relief to many of the estimated 11 million.
MONTGOMERY, Alabama - The House Republican Caucus released its agenda for 2014 on Thursday that focuses on simplifying state tax laws while maintaining the GOP's tradition of not raising taxes.
ELBOW LAKE, Minnesota - Republican state Sen. Torrey Westrom plans to announce his bid for the U.S. House on Thursday.