- Rays shut down RHP Cobb rehab, reports of ligament tear Updated: May-05-15 8:05 pm
BOSTON - The Tampa Bay Rays have stopped right-hander Alex Cobb's rehabilitation program amid a report that he has a partial tear of a ligament in his throwing elbow.
- Mets pay tribute to slain NYPD officer before game Updated: May-05-15 7:42 pm
NEW YORK - The New York Mets wore NYPD hats and held a moment of silence before Tuesday night's game against Baltimore to honor a police officer who was shot and killed this week while on duty.
- Blue Jays promote slugger Chris Colabello from Triple-A Updated: May-05-15 7:20 pm
- House speaker's consultant on PawSox works for industry Updated: May-05-15 5:23 pm
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - An economist hired by House Speaker Nicholas Mattiello to consult on a proposal for a new Pawtucket Red Sox stadium in Providence said Tuesday that he also is a consultant for the pro baseball commissioner's office, but a spokesman for the speaker said he doesn't see a conflict.
- Hanley Ramirez hurt; Red Sox offense quiet in 5-1 loss Updated: May-05-15 12:06 am
BOSTON - Clay Buchholz was roughed up early again.
- Bullpen struggles as Yankees lose 3-1 to Blue Jays Updated: May-04-15 11:44 pm
- Rays' Odorizzi shuts down Red Sox; Hanley Ramirez hurt Updated: May-04-15 11:42 pm
BOSTON - A shuffled lineup provided a needed boost for the Tampa Bay Rays' struggling offense.
- Martin gets tiebreaking hit, Blue Jays beat Yankees 3-1 Updated: May-04-15 11:02 pm
TORONTO - Russell Martin delivered a timely pinch hit - and gave Toronto's R.A. Dickey his first win of the season.
- Yankees sleep over in Boston before trip to Toronto Updated: May-04-15 9:14 pm
TORONTO - The New York Yankees decided to sleep over in Boston after sweeping the Red Sox and get some extra rest before crossing into Canada.
- Red Sox LF Ramirez leaves game after running into side wall Updated: May-04-15 8:51 pm
BOSTON - Red Sox left fielder Hanley Ramirez has left Monday night's game against Tampa Bay after running into a side wall while attempting a catch.
- Blue Jays hitting coach Jacoby suspended 14 games Updated: May-04-15 7:45 pm
TORONTO - Blue Jays hitting coach Brook Jacoby has been suspended 14 games for his postgame conduct toward the umpires following an April 29 game at Boston.
- Ellsbury has 4 hits, leads Yankees to 8-5 win over Red Sox Updated: May-04-15 1:12 am
BOSTON - Andrew Miller had a chance to seal the New York Yankees' sweep by retiring the bottom of the Red Sox order.
- Dodgers acquire first baseman Andy Wilkins from Blue Jays Updated: May-04-15 12:41 am
- James Taylor debuts song about Red Sox-Yankees at Fenway Updated: May-03-15 10:59 pm
BOSTON - James Taylor inherited his love for the Boston Red Sox from his father and grandmother, and his newest song follows his fandom through three generations from the sale of Babe Ruth to the team's cathartic 2004 World Series title.
- Blue Jays end long road trip with 10-7 loss to Indians Updated: May-03-15 10:30 pm
CLEVELAND - A difficult road trip for the Toronto Blue Jays ended with a disappointing loss Sunday.
- Raburn, Kipnis spark Indians over Blue Jays 10-7 Updated: May-03-15 6:51 pm
CLEVELAND - Terry Francona thought his team was at a crossroads Sunday.
- Rays lose 4-2 to Orioles to close relocated series Updated: May-03-15 5:59 pm
- Adam Jones has 4 hits, Orioles beat Rays 4-2 Updated: May-03-15 5:51 pm
ST. PETERSBURG, Florida - Adam Jones put the Baltimore Orioles' relocated homestand in perspective.
- Orioles' Hardy, Flaherty to start rehab assignments Updated: May-03-15 1:09 pm
- Rays place CF Jennings on 15-day DL with left knee soreness Updated: May-03-15 1:03 pm
ST. PETERSBURG, Florida - The Tampa Bay Rays placed center fielder Desmond Jennings on the 15-day disabled list Sunday with left knee soreness.
- Blue Jays rough up Kluber in 11-4 win over Indians Updated: May-02-15 9:36 pm
CLEVELAND - After struggling the previous night, Toronto took it to the reigning AL Cy Young winner on Saturday.
- Yankees say they don't plan to pay home run bonus to A-Rod Updated: May-02-15 7:41 pm
BOSTON - New York Yankees general manager Brian Cashman says the team doesn't plan to pay a $6 million bonus to Alex Rodriguez for his 660th home run.
- Red Sox place C Hanigan on DL with fractured right pinkie Updated: May-02-15 12:36 pm
BOSTON - The Red Sox have placed catcher Ryan Hanigan on the 15-day DL after he fractured his right pinkie in Friday's loss to the New York Yankees.
- A-Rod hits 660th homer, question of $6 million looms Updated: May-02-15 2:56 am
BOSTON - No. 660 is in the book. Will $6 million get in the bank?
- Rays blank Orioles 2-0 in strange 'home' game for Baltimore Updated: May-01-15 10:50 pm
ST. PETERSBURG, Florida - The Tampa Bay Rays won a road game on their home field.