- Injured Yankees OF Ellsbury to be activated Wednesday Updated: Jul-06-15 6:42 pm
NEW YORK - The New York Yankees say injured outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury is set to be activated before Wednesday night's game against Oakland.
- Tigers claim 1B-OF Krauss off waivers from Tampa Bay Updated: Jul-06-15 6:30 pm
- Marlins offense quiet in 2-0 loss to Cubs Updated: Jul-05-15 7:45 pm
CHICAGO - The frustration is mounting for the Miami Marlins.
- White Sox make 4 errors, 4-game winning streak ended by O's Updated: Jul-05-15 7:32 pm
CHICAGO - The Chicago White Sox want to pile up big numbers on offense. Not on defense.
- Nova shaky, Yankees sloppy in 8-1 loss to Rays Updated: Jul-05-15 7:05 pm
NEW YORK - Ivan Nova was shaky on the mound, then wild with a throw to third. Jose Pirela made two errors on one play. And hardly anyone with a bat in their hands was able to solve Erasmo Ramirez - again.
- Coghlan, Hendricks lead Cubs to 2-0 win over Marlins Updated: Jul-05-15 7:04 pm
CHICAGO - Manager Joe Maddon is not concerned about the Cubs' lack of offense - as long as they're still winning.
- Schoop HR in return from disabled list, O's beat White Sox Updated: Jul-05-15 7:02 pm
CHICAGO - Back in the majors, Jonathan Schoop quickly made an impact.
- Ramirez's 2-run HR lifts Red Sox over Astros 5-4 Updated: Jul-05-15 6:56 pm
BOSTON - Hanley Ramirez handed the Boston Red Sox another well-timed win.
- Blue Jays beat Verlander, Tigers 10-5 to stop 3-game skid Updated: Jul-05-15 6:39 pm
DETROIT - Turns out the Toronto Blue Jays got a break by facing Justin Verlander.
- Verlander drops to 0-4 as Blue Jays beat Tigers 10-5 Updated: Jul-05-15 6:32 pm
- Ramirez stifles sloppy Yanks as Rays stop 7-game slide, 8-1 Updated: Jul-05-15 6:19 pm
NEW YORK - After a week without a win, the Tampa Bay Rays were hardly shy about describing their celebration Sunday.
- Orioles activate second baseman Jonathan Schoop Updated: Jul-05-15 2:02 pm
CHICAGO - The Baltimore Orioles activated second baseman Jonathan Schoop from the 60-day disabled list on Sunday.
- Boston's David Ortiz starting at 1st base Updated: Jul-05-15 1:41 pm
BOSTON - David Ortiz will be using his glove to start a game in Fenway Park for the first time in nearly 10 years.
- Pain in the neck: Astros lose 6-1 to Red Sox, streak snapped Updated: Jul-04-15 7:51 pm
BOSTON - Pablo Sandoval made a running catch of a foul pop and began tumbling over the railing into the Houston dugout when pitcher Vincent Velasquez reached out to help brace his fall.
- Orioles finally score still lose to White Sox 3-2 Updated: Jul-04-15 7:28 pm
CHICAGO - The Baltimore Orioles ended their lengthy scoreless streak. What could have been their biggest hit was stolen in the ninth inning.
- Boxberger 9th-inning error sinks Rays in 3-2 loss to Yankees Updated: Jul-04-15 7:04 pm
NEW YORK - Brad Boxberger picked up the ball on a ninth-inning bunt and threw wildly to first. By the time second baseman Jake Elmore's throw reached home, the Tampa Bay Rays' losing streak had stretched to seven games.
- Orioles keep Gausman in rotation, move Norris to bullpen Updated: Jul-04-15 2:57 pm
- Andrew Miller could be back with Yankees soon Updated: Jul-04-15 1:36 pm
NEW YORK - Injured closer Andrew Miller threw 30 pitches in a bullpen session and could soon return to the New York Yankees.
- Rays bring up Teaford, send down Riefenhauser Updated: Jul-04-15 1:05 pm
NEW YORK - Wanting to have a long reliever in the bullpen after a pair of extra-inning games, the Tampa Bay Rays selected the contract of left-hander Everett Teaford from Durham of the Triple-A International League.
- Red Sox recall RHP Wright; option RHP Ramirez Updated: Jul-04-15 12:26 pm
BOSTON - The Red Sox have bolstered their bullpen by recalling right-hander Steven Wright from Triple-A Pawtucket on Saturday.
- Tough MLB debut for Noe Ramirez; Astros beat Sox 12-8 in 10 Updated: Jul-04-15 1:17 am
BOSTON - The bullpen door opened and Noe Ramirez jogged into a major league game for first time in his career.
- Tigers' Sanchez loses no-hit bid with one out in 8th Updated: Jul-03-15 9:36 pm
DETROIT - Tigers right-hander Anibal Sanchez lost his bid for a no-hitter when Toronto's Ezequiel Carrera singled with one out in the eighth inning Friday night.
- Cabrera leaves Tigers' game with strained left calf Updated: Jul-03-15 8:53 pm
DETROIT - Miguel Cabrera left Friday's game against the Toronto Blue Jays in the fourth inning with a strained left calf.
- A-Rod, Yanks settle dispute, he gets ball from 3,000th hit Updated: Jul-03-15 8:40 pm
NEW YORK - Alex Rodriguez and the Yankees settled their dispute over a marketing payment with a deal announced Friday that gives $3.5 million to charitable groups, saves the team $5.5 million and gets A-Rod the home run ball from his 3,000th hit.
- Carlos Beltran on DL, CC Sabathia start pushed back Updated: Jul-03-15 8:14 pm
NEW YORK - The New York Yankees placed Carlos Beltran on the 15-day disabled list Friday because a strained left oblique muscle, and they pushed CC Sabathia's next start back three days so he can work on fixing some pitching problems.