- Pineda says he'll learn from ejection for pine tar Updated: Apr-24-14 9:20 am
- Colabello' 4 RBIs power Twins past Rays 6-4 in 12 Updated: Apr-24-14 1:20 am
- Rays come up short, lose 6-4 to Twins in 12 Updated: Apr-24-14 1:00 am
- Girardi doesn't expect fine for pushing camera Updated: Apr-24-14 12:53 am
- Red Sox beat Yanks 5-1 after getting Pineda tossed Updated: Apr-24-14 12:41 am
- McGowan tires, Blue Jays fall 10-8 to Orioles Updated: Apr-23-14 11:57 pm
- Cruz hits 2 homers as Orioles beat Blue Jays 10-8 Updated: Apr-23-14 11:32 pm
- Pineda tossed for pine tar; Red Sox beat Yanks 5-1 Updated: Apr-23-14 11:18 pm
- Yanks pitcher Pineda ejected for substance on neck Updated: Apr-23-14 9:33 pm
- Red Sox demote struggling Daniel Nava to minors Updated: Apr-23-14 7:48 pm
- Maddon: Escobar 4-2 strikeout should be walk Updated: Apr-23-14 7:44 pm
- Former Red Sox CF Ellsbury gets mixed reception Updated: Apr-23-14 1:24 am
- Orioles allow 3 homers, fall to Blue Jays, 9-3 Updated: Apr-23-14 12:44 am
- Rays beat Gibson, Twins Updated: Apr-22-14 11:24 pm
- Rays SS Yunel Escobar strikes out on a 4-2 pitch Updated: Apr-22-14 11:02 pm
- Lawmakers seek change in MLB Cuban player policy Updated: Apr-22-14 7:04 pm
- Moore has elbow ligament replacement surgery Updated: Apr-22-14 6:05 pm
- Orioles recall LH McFarland, designate Pearce Updated: Apr-22-14 5:25 pm
- Mets call up 40-year-old OF Bobby Abreu Updated: Apr-21-14 7:12 pm
- Masahiro Tanaka ready for first Fenway Park start Updated: Apr-21-14 5:03 pm
- Six-run 3rd inning lifts Orioles over Red Sox 7-6 Updated: Apr-21-14 2:53 pm
- Marathon survivor throws out 1st pitch at Sox game Updated: Apr-21-14 12:31 pm
- Pujols powering toward 500th homer Updated: Apr-21-14 3:21 am
- Hardy leaves game with strained right hamstring Updated: Apr-20-14 9:44 pm
- Red Sox remember Boston Marathon victims Updated: Apr-20-14 8:17 pm
BOSTON - The pine tar glistened on Michael Pineda's neck, improving his grip and inviting trouble.
ST. PETERSBURG, Florida - Given an opportunity by the Twins, Chris Colabello is showing his gratitude by driving in runs at a record-setting pace.
ST. PETERSBURG, Florida - Tampa Bay manager Joe Maddon liked the effort just not the result.
BOSTON - New York Yankees manager Joe Girardi doesn't expect to be fined for pushing a television camera to keep it from showing pitcher Michael Pineda walking in the tunnel from the team's dugout to the clubhouse on Wednesday night.
TORONTO - Dustin McGowan doesn't have the stamina he needs to get through nine innings right now, which is bad news for the Blue Jays and their overworked bullpen.
TORONTO - Chris Tillman allowed season-highs in hits, home runs and earned runs against the Blue Jays. None of that bothered Baltimore manager Buck Showalter.
BOSTON - Yankees pitcher Michael Pineda was ejected for using pine tar less than two weeks after appearing to get away with using a foreign substance in another game against Boston, and the Red Sox beat New York 5-1 on Wednesday night.
BOSTON - Less than two weeks after pitching against Boston with what appeared to be pine tar on his pitching hand, the New York Yankees' Michael Pineda was ejected from a game against the Red Sox on Wednesday night after umpires found a foreign substance on his neck.
BOSTON - The Red Sox demoted struggling switch-hitting outfielder Daniel Nava and recalled right-hander Alex Wilson on Wednesday.
BOSTON - Yankees center fielder Jacoby Ellsbury received a mixed reception Tuesday night in his first game at Fenway Park as an opponent.
TORONTO - Baltimore has been leaning on its bullpen and the bill came due Tuesday night.
ST. PETERSBURG, Florida - Major League Baseball has acknowledged it failed to correct a pitch count after Tampa Bay shortstop Yunel Escobar struck out in an at-bat that was completed after a replay review.
TALLAHASSEE, Florida - Two Florida lawmakers motivated by Los Angeles Dodgers outfielder Yasiel Puig's dangerous escape from Cuba are trying to change the way Major League Baseball treats Cuban players and are willing to tie state money for stadiums to the issue.
NEW YORK - Bobby Abreu got a quick lesson in the Mets' many uniform color combinations from an equipment guy, tried on a few belts in the clubhouse and then hugged new teammate Bartolo Colon.
ST. PETERSBURG, Florida - Masahiro Tanaka is well aware of what awaits in his first start Tuesday night at Fenway Park: the Green Monster and Boston's fanatical fans.
BOSTON - The Baltimore Orioles scored six runs off Clay Buchholz in the third inning then held on to spoil Boston's Patriots' Day morning game a year after the Boston Marathon bombings with a 7-6 win over the Red Sox on Monday.
BOSTON - Boston Marathon survivor Marc Fucarile (FYOO'-ka-rill) threw out the ceremonial first pitch before the Red Sox traditional Patriots Day game
DETROIT - Albert Pujols is closing in on his 500th homer and joining a prestigious club. More important for the Los Angeles Angels, he's looking like his powerful self again.
BOSTON - Baltimore shortstop J. J. Hardy left Sunday night's game against the Boston Red Sox after six innings with a strained right hamstring.
BOSTON - The Boston Red Sox held an emotional 20-minute pregame ceremony honoring victims of the Boston Marathon bombings along with law enforcement officials, medical personnel, runners and race volunteers before Sunday night's game against the Baltimore Orioles.