- Dozier homers in 9th for tie, Mariners beat Twins 4-1 in 11 Updated: Aug-02-15 7:14 pm
MINNEAPOLIS - The Minnesota Twins had one hit through eight innings. But Brian Dozier said his teammates were swinging well and that they need to be a little more convincing at the plate if they want to hold onto the American League's second wild-card spot.
- Yankees rough up Samardzija, beat White Sox 12-3 Updated: Aug-02-15 6:39 pm
CHICAGO - From Jacoby Ellsbury all the way down to Stephen Drew at the bottom of the lineup, the New York Yankees bashed their way to a winning road trip.
- Cabrera's double in 8th helps Rays to 4-3 win over Red Sox Updated: Aug-02-15 6:14 pm
BOSTON - Junichi Tazawa showed Asdrubal Cabrera the same pitch once too often.
- Cabrera's double in 8th helps Rays to 4-3 win over Red Sox Updated: Aug-02-15 6:05 pm
BOSTON - James Loney knows it always feels better having a lucky hit at the right time.
- Orioles wrap up homestand with 6-1 loss to Tigers Updated: Aug-02-15 5:50 pm
BALTIMORE - With the exception of one mighty swing by Chris Davis, the Baltimore Orioles didn't do much right in the finale of an otherwise successful homestand.
- Norris shines in debut with Tigers, who beat Orioles 6-1 Updated: Aug-02-15 5:24 pm
BALTIMORE - Daniel Norris forged a Price-less memory in his debut with Detroit.
- Colabello homers, Jays beat Royals 5-2 in testy game Updated: Aug-02-15 4:35 pm
- Benches, bullpens clear at game between Royals, Jays Updated: Aug-02-15 4:08 pm
TORONTO - Both benches and bullpens emptied after Toronto reliever Aaron Sanchez was ejected for throwing at Kansas City's Alcides Escobar in the eighth inning on Sunday. It was the climax of a game-long spat that began when Royals starter Edinson Volquez hit Josh Donaldson on the left arm in the first inning.
- Yankees place RHP Diego Moreno on DL with elbow inflammation Updated: Aug-02-15 1:36 pm
CHICAGO - The New York Yankees placed reliever Diego Moreno on the 15-day disabled list Sunday and recalled right-hander Branden Pinder from Triple-A Scranton/Wilkes-Barre.
- RHP Porcello goes on DL; newly acquired RHP Cook recalled Updated: Aug-02-15 1:14 pm
BOSTON - The Red Sox have placed struggling right-hander Rick Porcello on the 15-day disabled list because of soreness in his right triceps.
- Rays LHP Moore demoted after rough outing Updated: Aug-02-15 12:57 pm
BOSTON - The Tampa Bay Rays have decided the minors would be the best place for left-hander Matt Moore to continue his return from Tommy John surgery.
- Mitchell, Yankees lose 8-2 to White Sox Updated: Aug-02-15 12:18 am
CHICAGO - Bryan Mitchell's first start of the season was a rough one.
- Sanchez struggles as Tigers lose to Orioles 6-2 Updated: Aug-01-15 11:22 pm
BALTIMORE - Their starting pitcher was hit hard, the offense offered little support and the team fell into an early hole that proved too difficult to overcome.
- Lucchino stepping down from position with Red Sox Updated: Aug-01-15 9:42 pm
BOSTON - Larry Lucchino is stepping down as president and CEO of the Boston Red Sox at the end of this season.
- Moore's tough day sends Rays to 11-7 loss to Red Sox Updated: Aug-01-15 6:48 pm
BOSTON - Matt Moore hopes tough times may lead to better things as he continues his comeback from Tommy John surgery.
- Lowe roughed in up in Toronto debut, Royals beat Jays 7-6 Updated: Aug-01-15 5:08 pm
TORONTO - New Toronto reliever Mark Lowe will want to wipe away the bad memories from his Blue Jays debut as soon as possible.
- Orioles place RHP Wright on DL, recall RHP Rondon Updated: Aug-01-15 4:02 pm
BALTIMORE - The Baltimore Orioles have placed right-hander rookie Mike Wright on the 15-day disabled list because of a left calf strain.
- Rays recall OF Sizemore from Triple-A; option Mahtook Updated: Aug-01-15 3:02 pm
BOSTON - The Tampa Bay Rays recalled outfielder Grady Sizemore from Triple-A Durham for Saturday's game against the Red Sox.
- Mets get Cespedes at trade deadline Updated: Aug-01-15 10:57 am
NEW YORK - The Mets finally landed the bat they were looking for in Yoenis Cespedes just ahead of Friday's trade deadline, and Cole Hamels confirmed he blocked a trade to Houston before Philadelphia dealt its ace to Texas.
- Phillies trade Revere to Blue Jays Updated: Aug-01-15 10:50 am
PHILADELPHIA - Ben Revere was there to see Troy Tulowitzki make his debut with the Toronto Blue Jays and bat leadoff for the first time in his career.
- Blue Jays recall Kawasaki, option Tepera, cut 2 others Updated: Aug-01-15 10:44 am
TORONTO - The Blue Jays made a flurry of roster moves Saturday after a busy week of trade deadline activity.
- La Lob returns as White Sox lose to Yankees 13-6 Updated: Aug-01-15 1:51 am
CHICAGO - La Lob is back.
- A's trade Cook to Red Sox for player to be named or cash Updated: Jul-31-15 8:24 pm
- Severino to get start with Yankees Updated: Jul-31-15 8:09 pm
CHICAGO - Touted pitching prospect Luis Severino will make his next start with the New York Yankees.
- Red Sox make only 1 minor move at trade deadline Updated: Jul-31-15 8:00 pm
BOSTON - The Boston Red Sox will have to wait a little longer to start rebuilding their team.