- Popov expects Olympics to bolster Russia's image Updated: Feb-22-14 2:12 pm
- Dutch close Olympic speedskating with 2 more golds Updated: Feb-22-14 12:12 pm
- Dutch speedskaters end Olympics with 2 more golds Updated: Feb-22-14 10:38 am
- Bjoergen leads Norway sweep in 30K cross-country Updated: Feb-22-14 8:09 am
- Bergsma boycotts Dutch pursuit team in final Updated: Feb-22-14 7:15 am
- Dutch go for last 2 golds medals in speedskating Updated: Feb-21-14 6:52 pm
- Almaty bid promises low-cost games for 2022 Updated: Feb-20-14 10:20 am
- Speedskating rivalry resumes in women's 5,000 Updated: Feb-18-14 6:44 pm
- Milestones, surprises highlight Sochi ski jumping Updated: Feb-18-14 3:10 am
- Germany wins team gold in Olympic ski jumping Updated: Feb-17-14 5:13 pm
- Japan favored in team ski jumping at Sochi Updated: Feb-17-14 3:35 am
- Quiet night of team training on Olympic large hill Updated: Feb-16-14 12:10 pm
- Kasai wins medals 20 years apart at Olympics Updated: Feb-15-14 5:13 pm
- Stoch wins Olympic gold double in ski jumping Updated: Feb-15-14 4:46 pm
- Close skating race: .003 makes the difference Updated: Feb-15-14 3:09 pm
- Brodka upsets big names in 1,500, Davis falters Updated: Feb-15-14 2:52 pm
- Stoch goes for 2 golds in a row at Sochi Olympics Updated: Feb-14-14 6:41 pm
- Togo's 1st Winter Olympian wants to inspire Africa Updated: Feb-13-14 10:54 am
- Kowalczyk of Poland wins women's 10K classical Updated: Feb-13-14 8:41 am
- First luge track in US was in Montana Updated: Feb-10-14 4:17 pm
SOCHI, Russia - Alexander Popov believes the Winter Olympics will go down as a landmark event for Russia, and he hopes it will change outside impressions of his homeland.
SOCHI, Russia - The final day of speedskating at the Sochi Olympics was nothing more than a victory lap for the mighty Dutch.
SOCHI, Russia - The Netherlands won gold in the last speedskating event of the Sochi Olympics, routing Poland in the final of women's team pursuit Saturday.
KRASNAYA POLYANA, Russia - If this was Marit Bjoergen's last Olympic race, she couldn't have scripted a better finish.
SOCHI, Russia - Olympic champion Jorrit Bergsma is boycotting the Dutch pursuit team for Saturday's final because he has been used only as a substitute in the heats and feels excluded.
SOCHI, Russia - The Dutch have turned the individual speedskating races at the Sochi Olympics into a huge orange victory parade, winning 21 long-track medals. On Saturday, they are hot favorites to add two more golds in the closing team pursuits.
SOCHI, Russia - Almaty has most of the venues already in place to host the 2022 Winter Olympics and would spend only a fraction of what Russia invested in the Sochi Games, leaders of the bid from Kazakhstan said Thursday.
KRASNAYA POLYANA, Russia - The men were always going to be overshadowed by the women leading into the ski jumping competition at the Sochi Olympics. After all, male athletes had flown off the jumping hill for 80 years at the Winter Games before women were finally allowed to compete.
KRASNAYA POLYANA, Russia - With the gold medal on the line, Severin Freund made his final jump, then hoped it would be enough to give Germany victory in the team large hill ski jumping competition Monday at the Sochi Olympics.
KRASNAYA POLYANA, Russia - Since team ski jumping on the large hill was added to the Winter Olympics program in 1988, it's been mostly a European affair - Austria, Finland and Germany have won it twice each. Japan managed gold once - when the country hosted the games in 1998 at Nagano.
KRASNAYA POLYANA, Russia - Most of the top-ranked ski jumpers at the Sochi Olympics didn't bother to take part in three training rounds on Sunday evening ahead of Monday's team gold medal final.
KRASNAYA POLYANA, Russia - Noriaki Kasai came close to being the oldest individual gold medal winner at any Winter Olympics on Saturday. Don't worry, he says, he'll be back in four years to try again.
KRASNAYA POLYANA, Russia - Kamil Stoch considers himself fortunate to have won his second gold medal of the Sochi Olympics, overcoming what he called a "tragic" final jump Saturday to claim a narrow victory over Japanese veteran Noriaki Kasai.
SOCHI, Russia - In Alpine skiing, Koen Verweij would be an Olympic champion. But he is a speedskater, where just one thousandth of a second can make the difference between gold and silver medals.
SOCHI, Russia - One of the closest races in Olympic speedskating history came down to a final lunge of the skate - then a few more agonizing seconds to figure out who won.
KRASNAYA POLYANA, Russia - Kamil Stoch of Poland overcame a touch of influenza to win the normal hill gold medal at the Sochi Games last weekend. He's apparently feeling just fine heading into Saturday's large hill competition, which can't be good news for the other 49 jumpers in the final at the RusSki Gorki Jumping Center.
KRASNAYA POLYANA, Russia - Togo's first competitor at the Winter Olympics, cross-country skier Mathilde-Amivi Petitjean, hopes her debut in Sochi will inspire other African athletes to compete in winter sports.
KRASNAYA POLYANA, Russia - If a foot fracture couldn't stop Justyna Kowalczyk, a bit of sunshine certainly wasn't about to.
MISSOULA, Montana - Americans competing in the luge in the 2014 Winter Olympics owe at least a bit of that opportunity to a notion a group of University of Montana students had nearly 50 years ago.